[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to to the source to make sure I have Toby's Earthbound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: top lel.png (46 KB, 1594x259) Image search: [Google]
top lel.png
46 KB, 1594x259
>go to to the source to make sure I have Toby's Earthbound ROM, because today is the day and now is the time
>see this
In this page's place was an interesting little document about his rom, and now it just has this
I really like Toby
>>
fuck off degenerate
>>
>>318082115
Please elaborate.
>>
>>318082258
To make it brief:
>toby fox made a little Earthbound romhack that was apparently rad
>the guy who did Mother 3's translation was like "what the fuuuuuuck this even has custom music in the hack shiiiiiit"
>really nice little article about what it's like to romhack Earthbound
When I went to visit it, now there's this
Why? Probably because of the hype train. I'm just glad I got to read it before it was taken down
>>
>>318082570
So did anyone that had the romhack distribute it elsewhere? Sounds neat.
>>
Was interested. Found this
https://web.archive.org/web/20150512025213/http://radiation.fobby.net/halloween/
>>
To be fair, the ROMhack in question is probably the edgiest fucking thing ever to come out of earthbound. Toby made it in his teens and it shows. Dude's probably ashamed as hell of it.
>>
>>318082570
What do you mean 'because of the hype train?'
What reason would he have to take this down other than that he didn't want people to read it?

I read the page back in October when I played the Halloween hack. It made him sound really full of himself-- like oh man, what genius I am with this really involved and clever hack, check me out.

I especially didn't like how his inspiration for it was "there aren't enough gay video game characters" and his solution to that was to take an established character and make them gay. It's on the level of saying Samus is trans.
>>
>>318082730
I don't know, I was lucky enough as I had planned to play it for Halloween but I went out on a HOT DATE with a BEAUTIFUL WONAN and I missed out, but I downloaded it

>>318083063
Cool I guess, weird you hadn't heard about it but good use of resources B-

>>318083457
Maybe? Probably? I'll check it out after I smoke the weed
>>
File: 1448248605388.png (30 KB, 498x461) Image search: [Google]
1448248605388.png
30 KB, 498x461
>>318083561
Wow it sounds like you took something from it that I didn't. When I read it I saw the testimony of someone who really liked games and managed to do something pretty sweet and involved with an established medium that happens to be really difficult and time consuming to do, not to mention that he had a connection with the source material that showed up in later works. I haven't played it yet, and even if Main Character Kojimbo happens to be a hobosexumo, who gives a shit.
>>
>>318083784
Would you be willing to share it via mediafire or similar, anon?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.