[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/a fro-samurai-2-pulled-fro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: unity-engine-logo-old[1].jpg (76 KB, 1500x703) Image search: [Google]
unity-engine-logo-old[1].jpg
76 KB, 1500x703
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/afro-samurai-2-pulled-from-steam-and-psn/1100-5304/

So this... is the power of Unity™... Woah...
>>
So you are implying that it was a shit game because of the engine?
>>
>>318030684
Only uneducated fucking retards would blame Unity for this. So, nice bait, I guess.
>>
>>318030924
The game looks worse than the first game, it looks like a late PS2 game and it still can barely maintain 20 FPS. The game drops shit tons of inputs and in general has slow response times.

The first game was completely fine when they used their own engine, so I'd blame all the other failures on the Unity pipeline making the game slower to crank out builds with than their old setup which significantly reduced the amount of dev time they had because they wasted a bunch of it wrestling the engine.

So yes, it is the engine's fault.
>>
>>318033443
Congratulations, you know nothing about making videogames!
>>
>>318033497
Actually I've made 2 games with Unity myself. The fact is that the engine underperforms like fuck compared to UE4 and Cryengine, and it gives no support for working in larger teams like those engines do. It's like it's made for single developers.

Yooka-Laylee will be the exact same shit but drones will keep defending this piece of shit which literally has a worse track record than Gamebryo.
>>
>>318034561
Did anybody put a gun to the developer's head and force them to use Unity? No? Then how the fuck is it the engine's fault that the developer chose an ill-fit engine for their game?

There's plenty of games made in Unity that work perfectly fine, Layers of Fear looks amazing and Divinity: Original Sin is a lot of fun.
>>
>>318035579

You're not wrong, but devs should really start using Cryengine and UE4 more
>>
>>318035653
UE forces you to pay them royalties, though, which is a terrible clause. Imagine if that existed in other industries.
>you may use our typewriter but you will have to pay us a % of the profits of your books
>you may use our cameras but you will have to pay us a % of the profits of your films
>you may use our brushes, etc
>>
>>318034561
Yeah lets pretend like stuff like cities skylines and many others had the same problem.
A engine is just a tool and a tool is always just as good as the one who uses the tool, had they used UE4 or Cry3 it would have been a even bigger trainwreck.
>>
>>318036012
It happens there too actually
>>
>>318036564
Really? Give 1 example.
>>
><318034561
>Actually I've made 2 games with Unity myself
moving cube I and moving cube II don't count, anon

> engine underperforms like fuck compared to UE4 and Cryengine
wrong, and I don't even use Unity

overall 0/10 you don't even deserve a (you)
>>
>>318037161
Do you really think people give companies money to print book and they don't get a % on the profits instead?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.