[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing. It's the best game in the series.
>>
Clunky gameplay slowed it waaaay down. I noticed when fighting that I really couldn't take advantage of bosses after dodging. I'd have to wait for my stamina to recharge then attack at the next opening.

A lot of the levels are designed with multiple enemies in mind (go fuck yourself heide's) and it kinda drags the game down, it feels like you're forced to have a ranged option. It's still a fun game and I liked it, but theres a lot of nitpicks that make it not as fun.

Also, fucking particle effects. I can never fucking tell when something is gonna hit me or not.
>>
>Great animations, but they slowed down the combat considerably, only one that feels unchanged is magic, which is still "it's alright if you can land the hit."
>Bosses aren't memorable outside a few, like Fume Knight and CHARIOT OF GIMMICK
>Soul Memory
>Soul. Memory.
>SOUL MEMORY
>>
>>345466456
people who paid for the vanilla game were pretty pissed to have to rebuy another edition to get optimal online play, as for the game itself, It's just cheap as fuck, not fairly challenging just filled with ambushes and gangrape squads of enemies with the most cancerous placement ever (sotfs didn't make it any better either). Combat becomes bearable only after having a fair amount of adaptability and stamina and a shitload of arrows. Game is very beautiful and sure has interesting lore but the annoyance caused by the awful adaptability to the slowed down gameplay ruined it. Also cancer pvp community filled with insecure faggots copy pasting youtubers
>>
>>345469557
>Adaptability
I'm the guy right above you and found Adaptability isn't that mandatory if you just learn the timing.
>Currently playing through again and have 0 points in Adaptability as a Hybrid Caster
>>
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks.

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Fun PvP covenants that were unique

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>345469830
>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug
You still haven't fixed that.
Phantoms can chug so long as there isn't a Dark Spirit in world or a Lloyd's Talisman on them.
>>
>>345470050

There is nothing to fix. It is written from a PvP perspective. They can't chug if a Dark Spirit is present.
>>
>>345470361
>From a PvP Perspective
>Brings up Ascetics for boss farming
Then you need to fix your list a bit more, but fair enough.
>>
>>345469760
>caster
wew
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.