[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick ONE: >What story-driven video game was only somewhat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1466670350613.gif (86 KB, 500x467) Image search: [Google]
1466670350613.gif
86 KB, 500x467
Pick ONE:

>What story-driven video game was only somewhat interesting towards the start, but made you end up finishing the latter half in one sitting because it suddenly turned climactic?

>What story-driven video game did you expect would have an epic rising action leading you to play the remainder of it for hours on end, but left you dissapointed?

>What story-driven video game did you abandon because it felt boring, even if it was critically acclaimed?

Bonus:

>What story-driven video game was captivating in it's entirety?

(story-driven meaning: the presence of a plot for a presumably single-player video game)
>>
>>345285718
>>What story-driven video game was captivating in it's entirety?
Chrono Trigger
>>
File: ss (2016-06-24 at 06.43.49).png (141 KB, 1010x858) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-24 at 06.43.49).png
141 KB, 1010x858
>>345285718
>>What story-driven video game was only somewhat interesting towards the start, but made you end up finishing the latter half in one sitting because it suddenly turned climactic?

I can't imagine someone finishing the second half of Genealogy in one sitting because the maps are fucking huge, but the story does take a huge swerve away from your normal Fire Emblem when Alvis murders Sigurd, wipes out your army, forms the Grannvale Empire, the Empire reduces citizens to a slave-like status, and hunt down children. Then Sigurd's son leads an army to liberate the continent.
>>
1. TWEWY. Not necessarily in one sitting but it's a hell of a ride after the chef.

2. Mass Effect 2. Honestly one of the blandest video games I've ever played.

3. Legend of Heroes: Trails In The Sky. More words than a B^U comic.

4. Fallout New Vegas. I usually play JRPGs so it was a nice change of pace to have a game with so much focus on exploration and lore.
>>
>>345285718
>What story-driven video game was only somewhat interesting towards the start, but made you end up finishing the latter half in one sitting because it suddenly turned climactic?

I probably would have dropped (the Original) Odin Sphere like the bomb on Nagasaki if it wasn't for Oswald's story. Especially after the cliche fest that was Mercedes story.

Being Oswald is suffering.
>>
>>345285989
Came here to say this, goddamn it.

I'd also add Ghost Trick, FF6, and Journey.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.425927644_ax9y.jpg (91 KB, 1500x597) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.425927644_ax9y.jpg
91 KB, 1500x597
>>345285718
1. 999
2. MGSV
3. Undertale. (technically finished it because I did 1 playthrough, but never went back and did the second one that everyone raved about)
4.Ghost Trick
>>
>>345285718
1. Persona 4 because that introduction was way too fucking long

2. Not really story driven, but the Trine games burnt me out bad with the lack of interesting puzzles and the only mobs being goblins

3. Witcher 3. I want to believe it gets better further in, but lately I've just felt drained whenever I play it.

4. Catherine
>>
>>345285718 (OP)
Symphony of the Fucking Night
Just when you think you're the moonwalking spikebreaking familiar-commanding lord of badass, you get to that upside down castle.
>>
Psychonauts

>What story-driven video game did you expect would have an epic rising action leading you to play the remainder of it for hours on end, but left you dissapointed?
Borderlands 1

>What story-driven video game did you abandon because it felt boring, even if it was critically acclaimed?
Grand Theft Auto IV

Bonus:

Undertale
>>
>>345285718

AA: Justice for All. Wasn't feeling it until 2-4, but that case made up for everything.
>>
>>345285718
>>What story-driven video game did you expect would have an epic rising action leading you to play the remainder of it for hours on end, but left you dissapointed?
Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Kingdom Hearts 2
>>
>>345285718

Dragon's dogma. The story really picks up pace and twist towards ending.
>What story-driven video game did you expect would have an epic rising action leading you to play the remainder of it for hours on end, but left you dissapointed? Mass Effect 3 hands down.

>What story-driven video game did you abandon because it felt boring, even if it was critically acclaimed? Witcher 3 and Undertale. They became so boring so fast.

>What story-driven video game was captivating in it's entirety? Spirit of the rooftop. I was hooked on it from the very start and couldn't stop.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.