[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Snap sequel when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Pokémon_Snap_Coverart.png (97 KB, 256x176) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_Snap_Coverart.png
97 KB, 256x176
Pokemon Snap sequel when?
>>
There won't even be a next Gen when Pokemon GO is through.
>>
>>345089785
Pokemon GO is the sequel. Though why it didn't actually happen on the Wii U baffles me. Nintendo really does hate money.
>>
>>345092132
>Pokemon GO
>On Wii U
>walk around town with a 500 meter extension cord
>connected to your Wii U in a backpack
>Holding up the Wii cam in one hand, and a tiny TV screen in another
>Find a pokemon
>put down screen so you can see it without moving
>pull out controller from backpack
>commence capture

Sounds like a great idea, mayte!
>>
>over 15 later years and I still think Snap was the best pokemon game
Makes you think.
>>
>>345092989
Are you autistic? He obviously meant a straight sequel to Pokemon Snap on the WiiU and not Pokemon Go on the WiiU.
>>
>>345093679
>Pokemon GO is the sequel. Though why it didn't actually happen on the Wii U baffles me
I know what he meant, but it was terribly worded, and i took my chance to make fun of him for it
You call me autistic, but you're the one that didn't recognize a joke
>>
>>345089785
Never. Not after Pokemon GO's success. The closest thing we could get would be Pokemon GO Snap where instead of catching Pokemon you have to take photos of them in the real world.
>>
>>345094297
But you can already do exactly that with GO
>>
>>345094068
It wasn't funny
>>
Do they still have a Pokemon Colloseum type game?

Where you can import your GameBoy pokemon into it to fight?

I haven't had a nintendo product since GBA
>>
>>345097773
Well then why didn't you insult me for that, instead of implying that i was serious?
>>
>>345089785
>release a Pokemon photography game when everyone instead wanted a 3D version of the Pokemon RPG games
>don't release a sequel to the Pokemon photography game years later when everyone wants one
Sasuga, Nintendo.
>>
File: 1415742348867.gif (374 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1415742348867.gif
374 KB, 640x480
The devs have explained why it won't happen.

When pokemon snap came out, the idea of kids getting to go out and take pictures with a camera was a novel concept.

With every kid walking around with a smartphone these days, and things like Instagram and Twitter being as popular as they are, that novelty isn't there.
>>
>>345098284
Your joke was bad and you made it sound like you were serious.

Happy with yourself?
>>
>>345098471
Yes, thank you!
>>
>>345098424
What? But that was never the appeal of Pokemon Snap. The appeal was creatively figuring out little puzzles to bring out unique Pokemon in the world.
>>
Pokemon Snap was a neat concept. But Augmented Reality is the nail in the coffin of a sequel.

It should be adapted in a way to coexist with AR, through.
>>
File: 1415435401205.jpg (418 KB, 1280x1556) Image search: [Google]
1415435401205.jpg
418 KB, 1280x1556
>Pokemon Snap 2? No you won't like it you already play with your camera on your smartphone, the WiiU gamepad taking pictues of pokemon? Stupid
>PREASE ENJOY STAR FOX ZERO FULLY PACKED WITH MOTION CONTROLS
>>
>>345098754
Yeah Nintendo has proven they either completely misinterpret market research or simply pretend to interpret it while only following some hidden agenda of theirs.
Just look at Color Splash
>a study ONLY by Japanese players found that only 1% of the JAPANESE PLAYERS doing the survey found the story of Super Paper Mario to be their favourite part of the game. This THEREFORE means we need to remove original characters, partners and Bowser dialogue completely.
>>
>>345098640
This is correct. Originally, it was a game about natural environments, unrelated to Pokémon. Just snapping pictures of Pokemon without the environmental element doesn't have the same appeal.
>>
>>345098640
>"Photography wasn't as widely spread in those days," he says. "Now everyone has a camera and can take photos whenever they want. Releasing it in that same form wouldn't be as interesting these days. Maybe there's a new idea, though." -Junichi Masuda

Take it up with him
>>
File: 20140525_204204.jpg (121 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
20140525_204204.jpg
121 KB, 768x1024
The better question is:

How do we bring this into 2016 with Pokemon Go integration?
>>
>>345099228
He wasn't a producer at the time. He didn't have anything to do with the ideas or development of Snap. It was mainly a HAL and Nintendo project.
>>
File: N3V3R 3V3R.jpg (85 KB, 416x419) Image search: [Google]
N3V3R 3V3R.jpg
85 KB, 416x419
>>345089785
>>
>>345094068
It wasn't funny and you just look like a fucking supreme autistic faggot
>>
>>345098640
>little puzzles

What? I don't remember this. You just went along the ride and took pictures of shit.
>>
>>345101183
Play it again then. You had to throw apples and "pester balls" in certain times and places in order to get different Pokemon to appear.
>>
>>345101254
I remember throwing rocks (apples?) at Charmanders hoping it would kill them but didn't do anything.
>>
>>345098913

That has nothing to do with interpretation. That has to do with a new team trying to find their way.
>>
>>345099228
Pokemon Go is probably the greatest counter there could ever be to that line of thinking. The concept is even more interesting now that cameras are widespread. Just because everyone's out taking selfies doesn't mean the idea of photographing pokemon isn't cool. The pokemon universe is ripe for safari type games, and the wii u had the perfect hardware to make it happen. It's such a missed opportunity and I wonder if they'll ever realize it.
>>
I just want a game with pokemon doing pokemon shit in the wild and not having to save the world from some retarded catastrophe god pokemon
>>
Pokemon Snap is my favorite Pokemon game.

It's also a very decent and creative rail shooter on its own right, if a little short, but it has replayability if you care about score.
>>
>>345102008
Its like you dont want to be the chosen one and become the region champ either.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.