[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing through this again, it's a lot better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (241 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
241 KB, 1280x720
I'm playing through this again, it's a lot better than I remembered. When should I play the DLCs? Are they any good?
>>
File: 1456826222415.png (2 MB, 1006x1380) Image search: [Google]
1456826222415.png
2 MB, 1006x1380
Finish the main game, then move to DLCs since beating the final boss doesn't instantly kick you to NG+.
>>
>>344887351

I got it this month for PS4 as it's 75% cheaper for the EU Japan games sales and I'm having a blast with it.

At the beginning it wasn't as good but after 20 hours it's like que quality of the game and zones improved.

Maybe didn't help that I fucked up the order of some zones

I have to say...the game has A LOT of bosses but except 2 or 3 they are easy as fuck and I killed them at 1st or 2nd try, like this fucker yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKXZqG292C0
>>
Ignore >>344887603 as doing that will make you miss out on content.
Play as normal, and do the DLCs either when you find their keys (Scholar doesn't give them to you from the start) or when you're near the end of the game and need to go get the Giant's Kinship. Regardless the DLCs must be completed before you beat Nashandra. You'll also need to have defeated Vendrick prior to her.
>>
>>344887351

Well, it is mechanically much better than ds1, 3 and des. Only bb is better than it on gameplay.

Anyway, i suggest starting the DLCs after killing the king guardian (forgot his name) on the crypt
>>
>>344888420
>mechanically much better than ds1, 3 and des
How
>>
>>344889324
Not that anon, but parries were tighter, backsteps had i frames, bigger weapon diversity, poise, armor could be upgraded, able to cancel inputs, powerstancing allowed for more versatility, better magic/faith/pyromancy, slower healing and slower more stamina consuming rolls, more mind games, pvp wise its the best in the series.
>>
The DLCs are fine but they are balanced for the endgame, so you can beat the main game, not go into NG+ and then play them
>>
>>344890005
oh boy, can't wait for this to turn into another "I HATE DARK SOULS 2" circlejerk
>>
>>344890005
>slower healing
This isn't a good thing anon. It slowed down the pace of the game.
>>
Someone post the linearity comparison between the three games please
>>
>>344890005
I feel the same way. I hate how 3 was a huge step backwards mechanically because of how it felt like BB-lite with faster heals, armor being useless (despite needing to dump points into an otherwise useless stat), and the overall speed being faster.
>>
>>344891303
Slower heals mean that it makes healing a more thoughtful process. If you got hurt, you could either accept the damage, or wait until an opportunity emerged to risk that heal. Faster heals mean it's easier to brute force the boss.
>>
Play the DLCs whenever you want. You don't have to beat the first 4 areas to access the DLCs. When I make a new character I go to Shulva pretty early so I can get Flynn's ring for the +50 AR.
>>
File: 1438561767853.png (564 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1438561767853.png
564 KB, 720x1280
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks.

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Fun PvP covenants that were unique

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>344891303
You had lifegems for faster healing, they just regenes instead of an instant heal, although instant estus allows host and gankers to heal without as much risk of punishment in 3.

>>344891465
Agreed. Its flashier in ds3 but it lost the depth of 2 and bb.

>>344891127
/v/ hates facts and opinions that they dont agree with
>>
File: 1455459614820.jpg (469 KB, 714x930) Image search: [Google]
1455459614820.jpg
469 KB, 714x930
Currently playing this for the first time. Is it normal to have way more trouble with regular enemies than with bosses? I've completed all of the bosses so far in either one or two tries but I keep getting my shit kicked in by hordes of smaller enemies.

>mfw every time those fucking spiders come at me in groups of five or more
>>
>>344891921
If you use a torch spiders wont attack you. But yeah they threw a lot of enemies at you, scholar of the first Sin mostly fixed the problem though.
>>
>>344891921
The spiders flip the fuck out a light, use a torch and it becomes easy mode.

Alluring skulls, and the million kinds of firebombs can help deal with large groups of mooks. Also many of them have a barrage attack which you can roll behind them and have a few seconds to attack.
>>
>>344891303
>A game where playing slow is best
>slowing the pace is bad
>>
>>344891921
>royal swordsmen before the sentinels

That shit took forever in my punching run.
>>
>>344892058
>>344892290
Guess I'll try that. It's going to be tough beating that dual crossbow npc invader without a shield though.
>>
>>344891789
DS3 was definitely the weakest in the series. Best presentation and polish, by far, but the actual gameplay and balance was severeyly lacking.

It was also easy as fuck. After playing all 3, I'd say that Scholar was what I had the most fun with, juuust shortly next to Prepare to Die edition.
>>
>>344887351
whenever you feel like.
i started dark souls with 3 so i am a noob but i tried both 1 and 2 and 2 feels just great.
it brings so much versatility that i left it for after i finish 1.
explorer + healing wares best class+gift combo of all games.
>>
>>344892578
I remember that guy, I dealt with the witches from above with bombs and baited the spiders out before he spawned.

Also DaS2 really rewards learning to fight without locking on to your target, and being able to know when to swap between lock-on/lock-off will help a bunch in some of the DLC fights.

Its possible to get him to reverse near the sand sinkhole, and kick/attack/force him into it.
>>
>>344889324
i think dark souls 1 was a lot smoother
dark souls 3 on the other hand was definitely mechanically inferior
>>
>>344892985
What are the DLC fights that reward being able to free-aim?
>>
>>344893146
The red phantom that tries to run away.
>>
>>344889324
by playing the games with the other 3-1-2 you can feel that 2 is superior of the bunch.
i haven't played des or bloodborne so i wont include them.
>>
>>344893350
What the hell?
>>
>>344893146
I would say Gank Squad and 2Kat for sure to be able to keep up with the extras, and I found it to help a lot personally for Sinh, Fume, and Alonne.
>>
>>344893460
THE RED PHANTOM THAT TRIES TO RUN AWAY!
>>
File: world design in souls games.jpg (81 KB, 1634x535) Image search: [Google]
world design in souls games.jpg
81 KB, 1634x535
>>344891424
>>
File: ds3 linear.jpg (18 KB, 471x280) Image search: [Google]
ds3 linear.jpg
18 KB, 471x280
>>344891424
>>
File: DaS2(final version).jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DaS2(final version).jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
>>344893636
A very shit way to represent the worlds in those games.Use maps like mine instead.
>>
>>344893957
>pharros contraptions

I really liked those in the early game, you have so few you have to decide if you want to use it now or save it for later. And then when you get s shitload of them it encourages backtracking if you skipped any.
>>
>>344894121

I liked earning them by fighting in the rat covenant areas. It was fun fighting through traps and monsters to kill the world master for my stone.
>>
>>344888253
>Regardless the DLCs must be completed before you beat Nashandra.
What are you talking about? I've done the DLCs after Nashandra numerous times.

>You'll also need to have defeated Vendrick prior to her.
What?
>>
>>344894556
He's talking about the secret boss.
>>
>>344895025

You don't need to do the DLCs to unlock the secret boss. You simply need to kill Vendrick before fighting Nashandra.
>>
>>344895025
>>344895417
What secret boss?
>>
>>344895025
You don't need to do all that shit to fight him. He'll spawn as long as you kill Vendrick.
>>
>>344887997
>I got it this month for PS4 as it's 75% cheaper
Same here.
My first boss was Dragonrider.
He fell off the platform on my first try.
>>
>>344895871
Aldia.

Its a cool fight but you gain nothing from it.
>>
>>344892720
i'd say it's easier because you played the other games.

I made 2 of my friends play it and they couldn't even kill gundyr after an hour of trying
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.