[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent Hill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
>Favorite Game
SH2
>Favorite Male Character
Travis
>Favorite Girl
Heather
>Favorite Outfit
None
>Favorite Song
Promise
>Favorite Monster
Valtiel (SH3)
>Favorite Boss
Samael (SH1)
>Favorite Fire Weapon
Rifle (SH2)
>Favorite Melee Weapon
Axe (SH4)
>Favorite Scary Moment
Decapitated mannequin scene (SH3)
>Favorite Ending
In water (SH2)
>>
>>344696984
SH1
Harry
Heather
Princess Heart
PH
Samael
SH1 shotgun
SH1 Firehammer
Mirror room SH3
Dog
>>
File: SH PC Guide - Jan 2016 sml.png (2 MB, 1300x3453) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide - Jan 2016 sml.png
2 MB, 1300x3453
>>344696984
Silent Hill thread? Neat!
Let's repost that SH PC Guide + the DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
>>
>>344698520
here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
Pete's OpenGL 1.78; has more options & better performance than 2.x versions.
Eternal's SPU Engine.

alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
...OR just buy the game from PSN Store for few bucks.
>>
>>344696984
SH3
James
Alessa
Heather's Default
SH3 Intro (I forget the name off the top of my head)
Slurper
Samael or SH3 Alessa
Never really used guns, at least not enough to remember them very well, SH1 Shotgun probably though
HC Sacrificial Dagger, it's broke as fuck
SH was never really scary to me, but I guess the Mirror stuff in SH3
In Water/SH2 or Electroshock/HC
>>
File: 1413500674432.jpg (160 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1413500674432.jpg
160 KB, 1024x768
Harry (SH1)
Heather
Heather original
Theme of Laura
Abstract Daddy
Pyramid Heads
Pistol
Pipe
Silent Hills cancellation
3's UFO ending

Fuck, I need to play 4.
>>
>Favorite Game
SH2
>Favorite Male Character
James
>Favorite Girl
Cybil
>Favorite Outfit
Douglas in boxers
>Favorite Song
You're Not Here
>Favorite Monster
Insane Cancer (SH3)
>Favorite Boss
Missionary (SH3)
>Favorite Fire Weapon
Any shotgun
>Favorite Melee Weapon
Katana (SH3)
>Favorite Scary Moment
Cat Locker (SH1)
>Favorite Ending
Leave (SH2)
>>
File: 1424400080359.jpg (758 KB, 868x1224) Image search: [Google]
1424400080359.jpg
758 KB, 868x1224
>Favorite Game
SH1
>Favorite Male Character
Eddie
>Favorite Girl
Heather
>Favorite Outfit
Princess Heart
>Favorite Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUCi3DEEvlc
>Favorite Monster
Closers (SH3). Something about their appearance is just the perfect amount of spook and intimidation.
>Favorite Boss
The Caterpillar and Moth fights from SH1. Technically its two separate boss fights but it was still the same monster so fuck you.
>Favorite Fire Weapon
Shotgun.
>Favorite Melee Weapon
Maul (SH3)
>Favorite Scary Moment
The entire sewer level from SH1. Fuck that shit.
>Favorite Ending
UFO ending from SH3
>>
Seems like the best place to ask this

In your opinion, does Death Stranding look like it's gonna end up being Loud Valley?
>>
>>344701240
Knowing Kojima, I wouldn't rule out the possibility just yet.
Guess we just have to wait and find out.
>>
>>344701240
There might be some inspiration, but the game was already stated of being an action game by heart. There's also clear scifi indicators in the trailer.
>>
>>344701240
Like just a rip-off of Silent Hills? Probably.
Unless you mean it is Silent Hills in disguise, and I did question it, but it's too crazy a theory to be real.
>>
>>344701635
>but it's too crazy a theory to be real.
You know what else is crazy?
Kojimbo
>>
File: Chris Farley.gif (1 MB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
Chris Farley.gif
1 MB, 267x200
>>344698520
Are there any crash fixes for SH3?

It's like playing a game of Minesweeper with it. If I go into the settings to change the controls, the resolution and FOV fix get fucked up. If I decide to plug a controller in, it crashes. If I tab out to change my headphone volume, it crashes.

It almost makes me want to find my old PS2 and buy a used copy of SH3 on ebay or something
>>
Please stop reminding me that this series is dead.
>>
>>344701747
>Are there any crash fixes for SH3?
Not that I know of, because the game's been smooth as butter for me, for over a decade. I mostly play on KB+M, but I've also used gamepads of many sorts.

Don't tell me you are on W10, are you? If so, try the simple fixes recommended in that guide.

>>344701764
it's only "dead" when it gets forgotten.
for now, it's only "over".
>>
>>344702036
Nope. I'm on W8.1 I guess I'll just delete it off my PC and try again.
>>
File: sh3 1080p amusement park.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sh3 1080p amusement park.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>344702109
>8.1
eh, close enough.
Works fine on my W7 Ultimate x64. Which will probably be the last Windows I'll ever use.
>>
>>344701747
Are you emulating or running the PC version?
I have a physical copy of the PC version and it runs perfectly.
>>
>>344701630
I can't fathom what sort of gameplay that trailer was meant to hint at.
>>
>>344703003
It's the PC version. It's from one of the download links in that reply.
>>
File: Dahlia Shattered Memories.jpg (428 KB, 1250x862) Image search: [Google]
Dahlia Shattered Memories.jpg
428 KB, 1250x862
>>344696984
>Favorite Game
Probably SH2, followed by Shattered Memories

>Favorite Male Character
Jaaaames Sunderland

>Favorite Girl
Either Heather, Shattered Memories Dahlia, or Angela.

>Favorite Song
Either True, Acceptance, or Room of Angel

>Favorite Ending
Have to go with Leave for SH2. In Water was well-executed and tragic, but I loved how Leave tied together James and Laura's story in a way that was thematically different from how Angela and Eddie eventually sought self-destruction.

Love Lost as the runner-up.
>>
>>344703207
it was not supposed to hint any kind of gameplay at all. Just the game's style, atmosphere, context, and via those elements, some of the story. It's called a "teaser" for a reason: it's only meant to give a sneaky peek of the product that's still WIP.

>>344703339
Unless W8 seriously fucks up something (wouldnt be surprised), that is starting to sound like a potential hardware issue.
Have you checked that your game's config files are not set to "Read Only" ? I'd also recommend doing all your in-game tweaks BEFORE applying the FOV fix + custom resolution.
>>
>>344697610
My nigga! except for dog
>>
>>344704184
>It's called a "teaser" for a reason
Fair enough. I suppose it was strange enough to be memorable at the very least.
>>
>>344704356
to me, it was more than that.
It was an emotional experience, that made me curious as fuck of tons of details!

>why's he wearing a chain with tons of huge USB sticks?
>why's there those black umbilical cords on everything?
>what's with the hand and footprints appearing on the sand and on the guy? Or those scifi-looking handcuffs?
>Motherfucking floating human figures??
...etc
>>
>>344696984
Was just rewatching the Twin Perfect videos. I was about to download them all in case they decide to take it all down.
>>
>>344704673
I've kinda started to do that on some of my favorite videos in general.

>tfw around half of my several dozen favorited YT vids are now removed, often because claimed copyright claim or something
>>
>>344704673
Twin Perfect's 'Real Silent Hill Experience' is damn near... perfect, but I hate all of them because they seem like stuck up cunts that think their shit doesn't stink.
>>
>>344704550
Just to go throu with it again, Norman Reedus represents Kojima, the kid is Metal Gear Solid, the scar is from the rushed release, it disappears as the saga was taken from him, the stranded fauna on the beach represents Kojima's former studio and staff and the floating figures probably symbolize his 5 games of his saga.

This is the interpretation I heard the most online and the one that makes sense to me, but take it as you will.
>>
>>344705493
>This is the interpretation I heard the most online and the one that makes sense to me
I wouldn't recommend taking every single conspiracy theory you see online too seriously. Sometimes, a fish is just a fish.
>>
>>344705620
Exactly. Maybe MGS V wouldn't have been shit if half of those conspiracy theories were true.
>>
>>344705869
MGSV wouldn't have been half as shit it was, had the game actually been finished. It's painfully clear that Konami wanted to push the game out for the holiday season, and Kojibro probably also wanted to get it out before his contract ended.
>>
>>344705120
True. Watching their videos I came to realize I talk the same way with my friends since I can't stand people who are wrong, me being so passionate with thing I like.

But, even if it's not the best way to talk to the general audience, I understand what they were trying to defend, and the HD Collection review was staight up funny to watch and well "directed", and insulting big corporations or Tom Hullet is totally compehensible.

I do think it was a shitty way to talk, but I don't blame them for it. Again, this may be why Fungo is not making videos with them anymore. Probably fought over something.
>>
>>344706245
There are a couple rumors and sides about why Fungo left.

Rosseter said they kicked Fungo out after finding out that he beat his gf. Fungo says he left because Rosseter tried to steal his gf. Now we have the unfunny girl instead of Fungo. Shame.
>>
>>344706470
Interesting. There are only 2 groups of youtubers I care, Spike and Barley and Twin Perfect. Both doomed, but it's interesting to know some rumors.

And yes, the girl is unfunny as hell. At least Fungo made some very good videos about Bloodborne.
>>
>>344706470
Stopped watching after Fungo left. The girl is straight up annoying.
Watched a few videos on Fungo's channel and they seemed okay,especially the Guy Cihi ones but they're still not the same.
>>
>>344706245
>Watching their videos I came to realize I talk the same way with my friends since I can't stand people who are wrong, me being so passionate with thing I like.
Pretty much this. Hell, I tend to say much more mean things when I seriously get into the mood about a thing I'm passionate with. Some people have been shocked to realize how blunt I can be even face to face; if I for example meet Apple-fanbois or W10 supporters, I don't spare my verbal ammo, and I will make it clear that they are wrong and diminishing their validity as a human being with every word they spew out about the matter.
>>
I want to make passionate love to Heather. Not just sex.
>>
>>344708552
>you will never ever cum inside Heather
>>
File: Goodnight le prince.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight le prince.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>344708892
>>
File: 1450998747771.png (373 KB, 791x894) Image search: [Google]
1450998747771.png
373 KB, 791x894
>>344698520
>>344698632
TY for these!
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.