[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest Question - How is this going to make Money? Even if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: nintendo_nx.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_nx.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
Honest Question -

How is this going to make Money?

Even if everyone that owns a Wii-U buys one (unlikely), will Normies pick it up?
>>
>>344449080
If you don't already own a Wii U and you like Zelda, I could see many springing for this to play the new Zelda knowing that it can also compete with the other consoles.

However Nintendo is stupid and didn't show it off at E3 and is releasing it right after the holidays so its probably fucked.
>>
>>344449080
I haven't bought a Wii or a Wii U but I'm probably getting this if it has a good launch line up.
If you think that every single Nintendo fan bought a Wii U you're mistaken.
>>
File: 1368416486158.jpg (332 KB, 836x798) Image search: [Google]
1368416486158.jpg
332 KB, 836x798
Nintendo said they haven't unveiled it because they don't want their competitors to "steal their idea", meaning it's going to be based on a gimmick yet again, meaning it's going to be WiiU 2.0 and flop right on its fucking face.

And as someone who loves Nintendo, and loves his WiiU, I can't even muster any sympathy. They should fucking know better by now, and just release a normal console with competitive hardware and strong first and third party support. But this is Nintendo, and their compulsive need to innovate even when they're fixing things that aren't broken is going to be what kills them.
>>
>>344449080
Nintendo freaks will gobble up anything they shit out

Just look at how popular amiibos and pokemon go are
>>
>>344451119
>meaning it's going to be based on a gimmick yet again, meaning it's going to be WiiU 2.0 and flop right on its fucking face.
That's a lot of assumptions.
>>
>>344451593

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see why they would be so overly protective and secretive about it if it was just a normal console.
>>
File: 1466675819293.jpg (584 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466675819293.jpg
584 KB, 1500x1000
>>344449080
nintendo is shitting out consoles way too fast that´s why i dont want to buy anything from them

i mean, what´s the point of getting NX when they are already planning to release NX U? dont get fucked buy sony or microsoft or PC
>>
>>344451850
Innovation is not necessarily a bad thing.
Nobody was expecting the successor of the GBA to have two screens, a touch screen, microphone etc, yet it was awesome.

Every single thing Nintendo has made has been copied by the competition, even the dual screen shit of the Wii U (see Smartglass and PSV remote play). Of course they want to keep it secret as much as possible.
>>
>>344449080
It's going to flop and that's good for all of us because it means nintendo is going to have to pull it's head out of its ass and take a better look at what they need to do to win over tons of people again
>>
>>344452179

The difference though, is that Nintendo already dominated the handheld market, and could basically do whatever they wanted. Granted, the DS turned out to be pretty good, but let's not pretend that its sales were BECAUSE of its innovations, because we both know it was because it was the next Nintendo handheld.

Anyway, the biggest factor for the NX in my opinion is just having competitive hardware. If they want to innovate on top of that, then so be it, but they need to keep costs down, so that means either the gimmick is really cheap to produce, or they cut back on performance for it, which is exactly what they did to accomodate the WiiU gamepad, and in the end, all that accomplished was killing third party support entirely.

Third party support is MASSIVELY important, publishers are fucking lazy as shit. If they can't port their PS4 / Xbone / PC games over to it with minimal effort and changes required, it's going to be dead in the water again.
>>
File: handmade bait.png (5 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
handmade bait.png
5 KB, 500x500
>>344451996
>PS4K
>Project Scorpio
>The entire graphics card industry
>>
>>344452179
I think from an innovation standpoint the ds was basically a complete failure. Yeah it sold a shitload of games and a lot of them were pretty good but the mic,touch screen and dual screen stuff was almost never used and even when it was it just came off as gimmicky. The only good thing was the form factor and folding which were basically from the gameboy sp.
>>
>>344454280
>The touch screen and dual screens were never used

come on now
>>
>>344452707
>what they need to do to win over tons of people again
Which previously was cater to the casual market with a gimmick and loads of marketing, is that what you want?
>>
CARTRIDGES

CARTRIDGES

CATRIReggie already admitted it's going to be severely underpowered against the Xbone and PS4, it'll almost definitely be a repackaged WiiU.
>>
>>344453289
If nintendo does another gimmick after this one killed the wii-u then they deserve to go down but the wii-u is pretty forgivable in light of the wii. Nintendo really had no way of realizing first how fickle the casual market is and second that casual gaming was about to become entirely phone based (which to give them credit they reacted to eventually). Even seemingly completely retarded decisions like naming it the wii-u at least make some sense when realizing that the unique name of the wii kept it on peoples minds and made for really good commercials (although making it sound like a wii accesory is still fucktarded)..
>>
>>344454697
Almost every game I had relegated it to a menu or map screen and even the ones that didn't do that just added gimmick controls like the rolling in phantom hourglass. Rhythm heaven is the only game I played where I remember feeling like the touch was utilized in a way that buttons wouldn't just be better.
>>
as a wii u owner i feel burned and will not be getting one.
>>
>>344450934
And if you think the NX is going to do better than the Wii U then you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>344455140

I agree. Like I said, I love my WiiU, but it's because of the (mostly first party) exclusive games, not the gamepad, and certainly not the hardware itself. This was their wakeup call as far as how the mainstream audience is spending these days, and they should realize by now that the Wii was lightning in a bottle and should not be attempted again.

It's understandable why the WiiU turned out the way it did, but if they didn't learn their lesson from it, then there's no saving them.
>>
>>344455340
>brain training
>nintendogs
>wario ware
>zelda
>trauma center
>etrian odyssey
>love plus
>hotel dusk
>another code
>animal crossing
Come on now
>>
>>344455469
Why?
>because NINTENDOOOOMED
Yeah fuck off
>>
>>344457283
No because the Wii U had the best Nintendo had to offer with the exception of Zelda and it failed miserably to attract enough people to not be the worse selling console of the generation and the worse selling Nintendo console ever.

Unless Nintendo tries something really weird with the NX, like being a handheld/console hybrid, the console market has completely move on from Nintendo and they are never going to see the success of the Wii days again.
>>
>>344457595
>had the best Nintendo had to offer
Come on now. You need to try harder.
>>
File: 1468013057599.gif (2 MB, 320x193) Image search: [Google]
1468013057599.gif
2 MB, 320x193
>NX
>>
>>344457668
I have a Wii U because it is the best Nintendo had to offer, the only franchise missing are Zelda and Metroid and even then Metroid has never been a system seller at all.
>>
>>344457668
What can the NX offer that the Wii U didn't? Zelda? That is also coming for Wii U. Port of Wii U games? The NX is dead on arrival, Nintendo fanboy.
>>
>>344457804
>>344457916
Yes yes I get it, Nintendoomed. No need to samefag so obviously.
>>
File: 1467750645180.png (2 MB, 1559x2103) Image search: [Google]
1467750645180.png
2 MB, 1559x2103
>Cartridges allow for faster load times and greater durability so that kids don't have to carry around a ton of games when they are carrying it around in private

>Advertise it as a Nintendo DS that you can bring home to turn into a standalone console about as strong as the main competition ( I think it might be weaker? Not sure, either way it has to be stronger then the Wii U at the least! )

>Rerelease Pokemon Sun and Moon for the NX, give it connectivity or outright include a kind of Pokemon Go+ straight into the game.

>If they don't fuck up the controller and make it so that its something that is both comfortable at home and away then include some of the more popular Wii U games like Smash U, Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros U. ( If they aren't already making New Super Mario Bros NX that is. )

>The biggest things that could mess up this controller would be poor battery life for the handheld unit and a move away from buttons like we saw in those controller leaks a while back. If Nintendo went with a control scheme that is exactly the same as a smart phone then there would be legitimately no reason for game developers to work on the console if they can just use develop for the appstore and get fifty times the audience.
And no, two baby control sticks perpendicular to eachother isn't going to help anything. They still don't serve the same things that buttons do. Could you imagine playing Smash U on a fucking touchscreen, not being able to actually put your hand on the A button to make sure you aren't just tapping the screen?
>>
>>344458224
>Don't have to carry around a ton of discs*

Fucked that up my bad senpai.
>>
>>344449080

I'm honestly really confused. Do we know anything about it? How can we judge whether people will buy it with almost no information?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.