[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoopy point n click
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 640x480
I'm a huge fan of point n click, played trough the whole monkey island series. And while i enjoyed the bright and comicy style, i'm looking for something darker. I remember playing a game called jack the ripper, where you had to solve the murders of prostitutes as a police officer. The game is a broken mess though, to progress you had to do random stuff, like looking at the moon, or just randomly sit at your desk.
Are there any good spooky point n clicks? Preferably set around 1800-1900
>>
Downfall
Cat Lady
Fran Bow

These are not about investigating a murder, but still interesting if you enjoy point-and-click games.
>>
Tormentum is dark.
Not a mystery/detective game though, but it is spoopy
>>
>>344402519

If you want something a bit darker looking try out the dark eye and memoria, they are both really good though fantasy. For something closer to what you described there is sherlock holmes and jack the ripper, sherlock holmes and the awakened.

Just for spoopy in general you can try out Darkness within 1 and 2, second one is in a first person engine while the first one is a more traditional screen by screen point and click.

There also is scratches and if you don't mind going lower quality there is the last half of darkness series, alpha polaris, post mortem.

And if you really don't mind going even lower on the quality scale, we have the 7th guest and the 11th hour which are essentially myst games but with cheesy horror and the dracula series which are supposed to be good but they are cheesy as hell and definitely aged quite a lot
>>
Scratches is easily the best choice
also look into the Dark Fall series as well as The Lost Crown
>>
>>344404005

This anon knows his shit.

Did you try out the dlc they put out for 5 dollars?
>>
>>344402519
Yeah there are many

there is a game called Post Mortem, it's set around 1800-1900, it's about a serial killer. There might be supernatural elements but I don't really remember.

Then you have Still Life, which is kind of a sequel to Post Mortem, I mean it has some same characters but you can skip to just playing that it's self contained. It's set in modern times AND victorian era, going back and forth.

Then there's a game called Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, it's Sherlock Holmes investigating Jack the Ripper. The game is really well made and they're as faithful as they can be in recreating Jack's crimes in the smallest details.

If you want atmosphere play Black Mirror, it's not set in older times, but it's set in this old manor and town so it might as well be set in older times, it has 10/10 atmosphere
>>
>>344402519
goosebumps escape from horrorland
>>
File: darkseed2-9.png (378 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
darkseed2-9.png
378 KB, 640x480
'Darkseed' has H. R. Giger art;
'I have no mouth and I must cream' is pretty dark;
New 'STASIS' looks good, but futuristic;
'Fran Bow' is a great game with some dark themes, set in early 1900s;
'Waxworks' if you don't mind combat in your p'n'c, has timetravel, so it's set in many time periods.
Plus everything that people here already recommended.

Also if you haven't played - play games by Wadjet Eye. Both in-house and published. They make awesome p'n'cs, like Blackwell, Gemini Rue, Resonance. Most of them are set in 2000s. Not that dark, but darker than Monkey Island.
>>
Thanks to all of you, i'll check these games out!
>>
For anyone interested, i also found the game i was talking about in my original post, its called Jack the Ripper: New York 1901. Its about a serial killer recreating the ripper murders but in 1901 new york. It has great grimm atmosphere as i recall, but the puzzles are sometimes wierd and you often don't know what to do.
>>
File: Harvester_cover.jpg (22 KB, 300x380) Image search: [Google]
Harvester_cover.jpg
22 KB, 300x380
You always were a kidder, Steve.
>>
the last door
>>
Not exactly related, but did anyone play the two most recent Sherlock games? The trailers looked very interesting.

Do they play well?
>>
>>344408379

I'd like to know as well!
>>
>>344408379
Didn't play latest one, but previous is really good. You have to decide who's a killer and why he did it yourself. And you have option to let killer go if it was self-defence or other thing. Everything is logical, except for last case, it was kinda weird to play, but it's still great.
>>
File: afraiddarkb.jpg (318 KB, 640x632) Image search: [Google]
afraiddarkb.jpg
318 KB, 640x632
>>344405006

Superior.
>>
Clock Tower
Dark Seed
I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream
>>
How's the Last Door? The graphics look really off-putting.
>>
>>344409819
Sounds pretty interesting. Thanks. Pretty hard to get opinions on a game like that.
>>
File: sanitarium_1_.jpg (109 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
sanitarium_1_.jpg
109 KB, 953x953
>>344402519
Check out Sanitarium then
>>
>>344408185
oh god, this game was so awful bad
>>
Chzo Mythos

A game series by yahtzee. He's better at making games.

It's also free.
>>
>>344413582

My nigga
>>
>>344404005
>Scratches
This x 100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWznECCu6dw
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.