[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got a 3ds and Monster Hunter 4. >What the best weapon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: monster-hunter-4-ultimate-topper.jpg (677 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
monster-hunter-4-ultimate-topper.jpg
677 KB, 1920x1080
Just got a 3ds and Monster Hunter 4.
>What the best weapon?
>Any strategies?
>What am I in for?
>>
>>344320394
>long sword
>use sweeping attacks to increase likeliness of hitting the monster; aim for the head for massive damage
>>
>>344320394
>Best weapon
Whatever you enjoy the most. Speedrunners will throw numbers at you but it doesn't mean shit if x weapon is the best but you hate using x weapon
>Any strategies?
Collect items and try combining shit into new things you can use. When fighting a new monster, take it slow and learn their attack patterns. Learn what your preferred weapons excel at and don't be afraid to switch to better suit a particular monster. Make a lot of weapons so you, like previously mentioned, have alternatives to fall back on in case your preferred method isn't working well. Read the fucking game and listen to NPCs. Use the help button
>What am I in for?
A big game. Get off of 4chan and just fucking play it nignog
>>
>>344320394
Throw 4U out
Download PPSSPP and play through Freedom Unite.
Thank me later
>>
>>344321126
THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THIS
PLAYING MONHUN ON A SHITTY 3DS MAKES ME WANNA KILL MYSELF ITS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO THE SERIES
>>
>>344321980
4U is just a shit MH game. Generations is even worse
I'm just glad that PPSSPP has proper netplay now
>>
File: 2016-07-08-17-00-12--543031735.jpg (8 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-08-17-00-12--543031735.jpg
8 KB, 251x201
>>344320876
Pls no
>>
been playing MH since freedom, my advice, do whatever.
you're given one of every weapon from the start so try them all out and see what works for you (my go to is the insect glaive).
and for quest help always have the following.
>mega potion x20
>potion x20
>honey x20 (combine with potion for mega potion)
>whetstone x20
>bbq spit
>hot and/or cold drinks x5 each
>antidote x20

the box at the start should provide any specialized equipment when you need it.

happy hunting.
>>
also fuck all yall, MH4 is the best game in the franchise.
>>
>best weapon
Play around and see what you like and don't like. No point of recommending you things if you end up hating it.
>Any strategies
Get materials first for healing items and equipment, just stuff for potions, meat, drinks and whatever else for status effects. For monsters, learn their moves and how to deal with them. If what you're doing isn't working, be patient and find out why. Change weapons if you have to.
>What am I in for?
A game that requires a long term investment but ultimately satisfying once you get into it.

I'll say right now, if you don't like it after getting to the point where you start fighting actual monsters usually 10-30 hours in, don't force yourself to keep going.
>>
Hit it until it dies. Make a full set of armor and pick a melee weapon.If you're addicted by then, you'll research pro strats and weak spots if you want to get better.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.