[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong in the series after this masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: saintsrow2_coverart.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
saintsrow2_coverart.jpg
205 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong in the series after this masterpiece?
>>
>>343542579
The characters for a start.

Can't think of anyone remotely as interesting as people like Gat or any of the gang bosses.
>>
>>343542579
They left stillwater
They made abilities unlocked from side-activities into shit you buy
They lowered customization
They tried way too hard to be over the top instead of being slightly over they top
They also tried way too hard with the 'humour'
New characters were shit
Worst characters were kept instead of the halfway decent one
Characters were changed from 2 for no reason
Lifeless city
Shitty vehicles (wireframe tank and/or dumb jetbike)
Zombies because zombies
Hideouts basically looked the same
Radio stations were lame
side-activities and/or cutscenes packaged as missions.
Stuff
>>
>>343542579
The devs saw people praising the craziness of the series and for some reason took that as a cue to focus only on that.
>>
>>343542579
The devs got tired of people calling it " a gta clone " and in the end knew they couldn't compete directly with gta's budget so they went with the lolrandumxD route and said " fuck you " to the fans of the originals. Then game after game started taking away everything that made it great to begin with.
>>
>>343543486
You forgot forcing you to pay for cheats
>>
>>343543619
This.

They had a perfect excuse to be what GTA used to be as GTA started taking itself too seriously with GTA IV, instead in the search for an identity they went full retard.
>>
>>343542579
No clue but i am glad they fixed the problem by SR3 and onward.
>>
>they thought we were laughing with them not at them
>you graduated highschool
>you probably didn't play any coop for 3 or 4

not that hard to udnerstand
discovering the bunny out in the ocean by chance with my friend was one of the spookiest gaming experiences ever. also hanging around that backwoods mountain area in the middle of the map. felt like a flashback to san andreas days
>>
saints row 2 is so hood
>>
>>343545707
it was the shit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.