[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: adventure.jpg (30 KB, 336x300) Image search: [Google]
adventure.jpg
30 KB, 336x300
Im playing through Dream Team now and im seriously getting fucking BORED.

How the hell did they fuck it up so bad? Especially from BiS, god damn it im pissed.

The characters are so bloody annoying, especially that prince cuntbert and starlow who does jack the whole game but order the bros around. There is nothing funny about their characters, NOTHING. At least bowser was really entertaining when you see him carry himself throughout the whole game in BiS.
The only characters that were interesting enough were the massif bros and they got reused till they overstayed their welcome.

In addition, the world is small as shit with multiple revisits for every area, M&L are fucking tools for everyone to order around as well. Why even call it mario and luigi anymore? Just call it dreambert's adventure or something.

The story is so fucking shit too. For all the lore about antasma being some huge badass, he is just another fodder like vaati was to zelda. Everything is the typical collect X, go to Y, solve babbies' frst pzle to proceed through levels that are not well designed at all. The levels are huge, i give them that, but they are so bloody boring. Felt like playing uncharted but now you need to grind through 3 hours of corridor shooting to get to the next cutscene.

Fuck you Nintendo. You threw away paper mario as an rpg for this shit? Are you serious?
>>
Starlow was a mistake.
I feel like they tried too hard to pad the game to make it longer. Probably something to do with the japanese market. It is fun for one playthrough, but replaying it is really annoying since there are tutorials on how to walk, jump and even save that are unskippable.
>>
File: and you gotta.jpg (8 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
and you gotta.jpg
8 KB, 258x196
>>343188387
>Starlow was a mistake.
Fuck of Luigi
>>
>>343188387
Oh god yes. You reminded me. The fucking tutorials man.

Why the fuck do i need a GUIDE to teach me how to navigate my menu?
Are we at an age so braindead that we don't know what to press to look at our gear??

Which also brings me to the shitty forced gyro-controls in this game and its shitty explanation for everything.

They forced those gyro controls into the bros attack that bugs out occasionally, such as the slingsniper. And they even have the audacity not to include further instructions informing you that you need to release fast to produce excellent blow?
It took me a few minutes of fiddling around to finally realise your aim has nothing to do with the attack grade.
>>
File: 1243902036113.png (331 KB, 968x758) Image search: [Google]
1243902036113.png
331 KB, 968x758
>>343188769
play hard mode if you're bored you fucking faggot
>>
>>343188834
You need to beat the game to unlock hard mode anon.
>>
>>343189050
I borrowed it from a friend and Hard Mode was already unlocked
>>
I enjoyed Paper Jam.
>>
>>343189169
Fill me in

Does paper jam have better writing and characters?
>>
>>343189293
I thought so, yeah. The Bowser Jr's were my favorite. I lost interest about five hours into Dream Team, but my interest was held through all of Paper Jam.
>>
>>343189293
The bosses are great but the obligatory toad hunts kill the game for me.
Also the final dungeon is padded up to the ass with annoying enemies you have to battle over 30 times with little variation.
Other than that, despite the lack of new characters, it has great moments like when bowser gets serious.
Papercraft battles are hit and miss with most people.
>>
>>343188217
Fuck you man Vaati was cool
>>
>>343189293
it has the slowest combat in the series and stat gains arent as varied
>>
>>343189558
>>343189559

Hmm im very tempted to just drop some dosh on it.
Personally how would you rate all the game in the whole series?

I have yet to play SS and PJ btw.
>>
>>343189797
My order for all these Mario RPGs (of those I've played) is this:
The Thousand Year Door
Paper Mario
Bowser's Inside Story
Superstar Saga
Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Paper Mario
Paper Jam
Partners in Time
Dream Team
Sticker Star
>>
>>343189797
Superstar saga > Bowser > partners in time >>>> paper jam > dream team
>>
File: penn.jpg (45 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
penn.jpg
45 KB, 300x400
>>343190126
>Putting BiS above Saga
>>
File: mushi.jpg (35 KB, 449x404) Image search: [Google]
mushi.jpg
35 KB, 449x404
>>343190258
>>343190126

You know what? I think im just gonna buy PJ, fuck it pay day's around the corner.
Thanks boys
>>
>>343189797
>tempted to just drop some dosh on it
holy shit hack your 3DS
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.