[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of the new isometric RPGs, like Pillars, Divinity and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 3463463463451234.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
3463463463451234.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
Do any of the new isometric RPGs, like Pillars, Divinity and Shadowrun, have heavy sexual elements? Old school games like Fallout 2 let you whore around for discounts, money, to complete stories, etc and had considerable content if you went down that path.

Do any of these games even approach the subject of sex or do they all avoid it?
>>
>>342607493

I don't know about sex but Pillars of Eternity doesn't even want you to play as a wizard or have fun
>>
>>342607493
Havent played the two pillars expansions. But the main game had a kickstarter backer put in some obscure trans sexual reference that got SJW all worked up.
But gameplay/story wise... i cant remember anyhting worthwhile. [Must be horrible to give birth to a soulless husk tho]
>>
>>342607493
No, not really, and yes and no.

Long story short: No sex ever.

Longer story: I hear Pillars have some sex jokes, if some anon has the frost-hewn breach image go ahead. Likewise for D:OS I don't know of any sex happening but it's part of the world and people make references to it. Else in Shadowrun the development team really did not want to bring romance into the game, you can only imply it with a team member in Dragonfall. But a story mod for Hong-Kong has full fledged romance. It's the sequel to antenumbra (I think) so the original -who was for Dragonfall- should also have romance. All in all a really nice mod.

But yeah, somehow somewhere in the development of the new isometric RPGs it was decided that sex was bad.
>>
>>342607493
>Pillars of Eternity doesn't even want you to play as a wizard or have fun
Care to explain? I'm considering buying the game.
>>
>>342609794

Things to beware of when going wizard: You can have up to like 4 spells available to you at once for each level category of spells per encounter, these are stored in your grimoire, you can switch up your spell library by changing your grimoires out between encounters. This is not so bad since you won't really need many different spells but the problem comes from the fact that there's a finite number of casts per category per rest. So you'll be able to cast any level 1 spell in your grimoire 4 times or whatever the limit is at your level (it's always small but if I remember correctly you do increase the limit a little as you level). Higher level spells have lower limits on casting. So basically most of the time you'll be out of spells or conserving spells and just using autoattacks which do no damage and always miss so you need to be frequently resting like a malnourished child with narcolepsy if you want to be able to frequently spellcast in combat. It's not fun and it plays like cancer.
>>
>>342610150
Damn, guess I'm not buying this mess after all.
>>
>>342609794
I never put much thought into magic, but there are some on-hit abilities that might make a melee fighter mage build viable.. don't know. But even if you go full fireballs and magic missiles you can clear a room relatively fast.
If you watched the development blog on youtube they did talk about bringing mages down a notch compared to the BG2 days.
>>
>>342607493
No, none of those you mentioned. Dragon Age Origin does but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>342610372

Yes, the spells are powerful. I don't care about that in fact I'd be happy if they were made weaker and there was instead either a mana system, or, instead of having the current limits (i.e "4 level 1 spell casts per rest" etc etc) they put those limits on individual spells like "4 spell x casts per rest" instead. Playing as a mage just feels clunky and unfun as a consequence of how sparing you have to be with your spells (the thing that mages are supposed to be used for). If I wanted to stand their and fire ranged weapons constantly without casting anything I would've picked an archery based class
>>
>>342607493
>>342610436
Actually that's not entirely true. One of your companions in Shadowrun Dragonfall has a past that includes joining the harem of some pretty fucked up people. Don't wanna spoil anything beyond that.
>>
In pillars there is a brothel where you can bang whores for different stat buffs
>>
>>342607493
No and really I couldn't care less.

Sexual content in RPGs is mostly shit.
>>
>>342607493
I'm pretty sure there is a brothel in POE that you can fuck 3 different prostitutes in that give you different buffs
>>
>>342609564
>somehow somewhere in the development of the new isometric RPGs it was decided that sex was bad
Because it is, it's almost always cringeworthy and out of place.
>>
>>342610150
Isn't this how it's always been in CRPGs? Spells are per encounter otherwise what is the point of ever resting?
>>
>>342611471

No. There are certain class abilities that are per encounter but they're shit and include such classics as "hit the enemy with your book to knock them away because you didn't rest before combat and you've got no spells you useless retard". The actual spells that have a respectable damage input or inflict status ailments use up a spell count per spell level that doesn't go back up unless you rest.
>>
>>342611625
There is nothing wrong with vancian casting system.

The problem is wizards are supposed to be ridiculously powerful to make up for it while in PoE they are as bland and generic as any other class.
>>
>>342611797

Yeah I suppose you're right, there's nothing wrong with the casting system for the 35% of cases when you don't really feel like or need to cast anything other than your per encounter abilities and you can just let your left clicker deal with it
>>
>>342612010
Well blame Sawyer for that.

He really went batshit crazy with balance in PoE, the whole game is balanced like an MMO and everything ended up feeling insignificant and samey.
>>
>>342611797
Vancian casting sucks. A system where you have limited spell points and need to rest to recharge or drink potions that are limited is better.
>>
>>342612279
I'm not a an of it myself either but it's a perfectly fine system that treats wizards as a very powerful utility that needs to be used tactically. You need to remember that it's a party based game after all.

I would like to see a system where casting spells requires specific ingredients limited by both money and their rarity.
>>
File: 1452936054553.jpg (1014 KB, 1150x1290) Image search: [Google]
1452936054553.jpg
1014 KB, 1150x1290
No.

And it has nothing to do with the genre. It's just videogames in general, big developers are two scared of outcry from SJWs so they shy away from everything remotely sexual unless it's some stupid LGBT shit like same-sex romances or trans characters.

And you know what else, anon? It's only going to get worse.
>>
File: adwr.png (15 KB, 135x138) Image search: [Google]
adwr.png
15 KB, 135x138
>>342607493

No, you have to stick to NWN mods for that.
>>
>>342612558
>SJW boogeyman
Nah Anon, sexual content in vidya is just cringy.

Weebs keep putting it in because they are not very good at making video games so they need to compensate with fan service.
>>
>>342612829
>Just cringy
90's games had sexual content everywhere and nobody complained. Hell, people were a lot more happy with videogames than people are now because there was little to no censorship or pandering.
>>
>>342613169
>90's games had sexual content everywhere and nobody complained
cRPGs? Hardly. Only Fallout 2 comes to mind.
>>
>>342611327
You can even hire one of them for your stronghold if you impress her with your sexual prowess. You need very high might or some shit like that.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.