[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Payday 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9
File: PAYDAY-2_1.jpg (314 KB, 1280x1111) Image search: [Google]
PAYDAY-2_1.jpg
314 KB, 1280x1111
are you guys still playing this game?
>>
File: 1454638574600.gif (189 KB, 336x468) Image search: [Google]
1454638574600.gif
189 KB, 336x468
>free to play for 2 weeks
I'm afraid to host open lobbies.
>>
Haven't played since Hype Train. Has it improved at all since?
>>
>>342347618
>weapons were rebalanced, meaning everything is now kind of sort of viable
>skill tree was totally reworked, now builds offer more variety
>hitman is still useless
>grinder was nerfed, other decks took it's place
>to maximize dodge, now you need to use a dodge centric deck
>new heists are fun but some can be a bit taxing (goat sim, beneath the sky)
>they added micro transactions with weapon skins but have removed them since
Dunno what I missed.
>>
File: 7908dcb0c52358ded84.jpg (177 KB, 750x864) Image search: [Google]
7908dcb0c52358ded84.jpg
177 KB, 750x864
>>342347947
They didn't nerf the minigun did they? It's the only reason I ever even touch the game anymore and I was proficient as fuck with it.
>>
>>342346898
Played it for half an hour, it was 100% mediocre in every sense of the word. If you want to play some kind of group-style thing vs. AI play L4D instead.
>>
File: payday2 public lobbies.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
payday2 public lobbies.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>342346898
not anymore

>>342347073
i know that feel
>related
>>
>>342346898

Sadly yes, from time to time on LAN with friends because got nothing better to play
>>
>>342347947
>>they added micro transactions with weapon skins but have removed them since
Its odd, adding that in would cement in the absolute lack of shame this company has - but then they remove it?
>>
Even the KF 2 shills weren't as obvious.
>>
>>342349884
With a community as crazily-dedicated as Overkill's, it's no wonder that they shitposted the company to death on forums and Steam reviews.

I guess Overkill saw the rating drop in steam reviews and removed them.

So yeah, they we're ashamed.
>>
>>342350117
>crazily-dedicated as Overkill'

Never knew of this to any degree, dedicated to what exactly? Their games are already rubbish.
>>
>>342349884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6skYgBkMfV4
they seem to be getting back on track, it's too late now though.
>>
>>342350117
no, they regained the rights from the publisher and now are calling their own shots.
>>
>>342350258

I dont even get half the jewery this shitbag is talking about, the fact that I am obviously SEVERAL LAYERS OF MICROTRANSACTION SYSTEMS behind on where the fucking game is right now, is pretty funny.
>>
>>342349884
the games community fucking died after they did it
people stopped updating mods, guides, tools, etc and it was to a point where it was barely averaging 5k players and yet they were still contracted to update the game for another like two years, it was straight up desperation
>>
>>342350393
nobody cares if you don't keep up with the news.
>>
>>342350117
>they we're ashamed.
>we're
Get the fuck out of here overkill, you jew bastards.
>>
>>342350546

Seems nobody cares if a game keeps piling jew-systems on top of one another either.
>>
>>342349740

Except comparing L4D to Payday would be like saying joining heists that are already finished and you just have to run to stand in the white exit zone is all you need to do to win.

L4D fucking died fast with Versus being arse and Campaign just being a limited linear experience let down by Valve's mediocre level design.

Payday gets a lot more fun with updates making more pseudo roles to help tackle heists so you can get closer to 100% loot like an arcade game, just throwing what you can at it for 20 minutes to get a nice score.

L4D's arcade modes are pretty boring to boot considering shit like getting interrupted pouring gas cans by zeds and the difficulty curve means you go down with Valve's legendarily dodgy netcode slapping you with irreversible damage (having no armour equivalent) for far too much or too little from infected.
>>
>>342350978

Theres far too much valve hate in that post to take you seriously bro

Both games are extremely simplistic, L4d offers PVP, Payday offers the "tactical" fun of silent heists as long as you have friends to play with.

Otherwise, in their generic public playmodes they are both just boring shooters, and silent heists are also boring as shit once you did them.
>>
good premise, good gunplay.

Just about boring and lackluster everything else.
>>
>>342350978
>Valve's legendarily dodgy netcode
payday2 has much more severe connection issues than any valve game, neither does it look that good.

>100% loot like an arcade game
you can finish the bank mission on 6-8min with 2 people, hardest difficulty and get all the money, the part that takes the longest is just waiting for the drill to finish.
The game isn't hard, the level design on alot of maps is bad, the dlc is not worth the money and alot of it is just promotional stuff for other people's products.

Payday 2 was never a great game but it had potential and that's why people play it so much, everybody sees and knows what Payday 2 could have been, should have been.
But 100updates later and basic things that were in the game from the get go still hasn't been addressed.

It's sad to see something that could have achieved something incredible but failed to do so, just because the devs decided not to.
>>
im thinking about starting to play again. supposedly everything is on the up now that overkill/starbreeze bought the game from 505 games or some shit.
>>
>>342349695
Minigun was buffed actually. No movement penalty and it can pick up ammo now. Not sure if the stats have been changed. Think of it as a shorter ranged, somehow even less accurate, more powerful LMG.
>>
>>342351289
that's what you think, plenty of other people don't think like you.

if he has a problem with valve games that's his problem, i don't see why him hating on it should de-legitimize his statement
>>
>>342351387

To be fair Trustee bank is like a meme heist. Every other heist has ways to bypass that with stealth making a hybrid heist group worthwhile, but it doesn't punish loud groups by keeping drills on a shorter timer in addition to sawing and C4 shortcuts.

A large majority of the heists actually don't have much waiting around when clearing cops and securing areas needs to be done constantly as well as managing hostages for a buff.

>>342351289

>Theres far too much valve hate in that post to take you seriously bro

Like as if they're fucking saints. Fuck off faggot, everything Valve has made has suffered hugely with their lack of effort for several releases now. If they can't make simpler games fun how could they best Overkill at making a Payday?
>>
>>342351472
it's free the next two weeks i think, might be the exact worst moment to go back unless you want this to happen to you >>342349803
or play with friends, that's how i played most of it, just me and another friend. we don't play together anymore though.
>>
>>342351642

I don't think you know how discussion works.
>>
>>342351527
>and it can pick up ammo now
that was my biggest problem with it
>>
>>342346898
Only with friends. Usually its just two of us, but doing pure pubs is a nightmare.
>>
>>342351687
>Like as if they're fucking saints. Fuck off faggot,

See this is why you cannot be taken seriously - just because I said theres too much valve hate in your post, you assume I glorify them as saints.

You area biased, extremely bitter little shit who is not worth taking seriously even on a random 10 minutes discussion on the anonymous internet.
>>
Overkill can go fuck itself for all I care.
Never touching any of their shit ever again.
>>
>>342351847

kek

You've called out fag, thus proving Valve don't deserve your fucking fanboy defending.
And now all you can do is try to belittle your betters.
Here's a tip: Valve are >= as bad as STARBREEZE were. And now with Payday it's just Overkill, with a sign of good faith after that change being to immediately make crates openable for free.

So out of the two of them, Overkill are actually racking up brownie points while Valve sits around squandering it's resources, infinite money and IPs.
It doesn't matter if I liked or hated them, they're a terrible game developers and their products will and are suffering for it.
>>
>>342346898
Got back to it the other day.

I'm trying to put my head around the new skills, but from what I can see a lot of guns with cripplingly small magazine are now viable and shotguns in general have been fixed and are fun as fuck.

Turrets are and some stuff are broken, but after the KF2 debacle I'd rather have pro-player broken than anti-player bullshit.
Can't say I'm happy with the new bloated cast, but at least I've got a lot of new maps to go around.
I might change my steam review.
>>
>>342351803
Ammo pickup was nerfed recently, so you're still gonna be needing ammo bags. It's a drastic nerf, and it makes ammo bags a hell of a lot more important than fueling the faggot with an RPG who more often than not will end up killing everyone.
>>
>>342352030
Turrets were nerfed a few days ago i believe, but i'm not sure how much of a difference its made.
>>
>>342351687
>A large majority of the heists actually don't have much waiting around when clearing cops and securing areas needs to be done constantly as well as managing hostages for a buff.
i don't know how your group plays but i've played over 500hours and just went with minmaxing the best builds, characters, weapons and so on.
missions/days should be done either silent or loud, you can usually sneak up on them on loud then blow in but usually it's on or the either, hybrid missions are pretty bad at that because they simply don't give a big enough payday.
The missions should have been scaled on how often you do them and how long it actually takes to finish the mission, there's no point in doing some of the big missions since they don't give as much cash as just repeating go bank a few times.

i don't know anymore, i've played the game so much that everything seem like a cake walk and there's only so few best ways to do something.
>>
>>342346898
Only so many millions of times I can shoot a green cop in the face.
>>
>>342352227
>green cop
Try Deathwish lad. Makes things more frantic.
>>
>>342352030
>>342352134
turrets were always shit, they were never worth taking over ammo or medkit.
>>
>>342352295
I should but DW is nearly impossible with pubs. I also feel like I'm being a dick by going in with non-meta builds.
>>
>>342352295
>Deathwish
is the only difficulty that really matters anymore. Overkill is alright but Deathwish gives the most bang for the buck.
Never really liked how it was artificially harder than the other difficulties.
>>
>>342352162

>give a big enough payday

Nigga you get to Level 100 in like three days tops, infamy is utterly worthless but super min-maxing turbo edition II. What else are you going to do?
Trying to get a full crew is near impossible even with the free weekend, but there's plenty of room even with a partial one for hybrid crews, especially with dodge/perk deck reworks and a few practically mandatory DLCs that are 50p right now.

I just made a build called Shotgun Jocket and I was alarmed how good it was at dealing with the SWAT Turret, an enemy that butchered me without the previous LMG Bipod build dedicated for it.

Shit is fun as fuck. Mods that don't prevent you getting any rewards help with that too.
>>
>>342352327
They were drastically buffed in the latest skills rebalance. The whole system's been shaken up. Turrets went from a joke to one of the most meta things in a heartbeat.
>>
>>342352365
>non-meta builds.
they don't exist, once you get good enough and understand the different systems, you can go dodge and just join with a suit and gun.
or go full ironman and have double shield.
but those are just examples, once you get good, you can go in with whatever you want and still perform better than most.
>>
It's missing like 3/4ths of the content it was supposed to have and just kept redoing what was made with the beta.

STILL NO SAFEHOUSE CUSTOMIZATION
STILL NO 3+DAY HEISTS
STILL NO HEIST-SPECIFIC OUTFITS/GEAR
Everything is so samey.

They managed to remove the feel of the original games while porting over the husked maps. There's no sense of scale or take with heists. No sense of victory from pulling off a "heist". It all just feels like missions.
>>
>>342352464

Not to mention the new skill Jack of Trades lets you take two deployables, and effectively guarantees everyone but the ninjas and those with a need for Fugitive get it.
>>
>>342352560

>Husked maps
Nigga the classic heists were MASSIVELY improved compared to PD1, like how Counterfeit lets you print money for a gambling streak and FWB is stealthable no problem. They even managed to make it work well with loot bags. Undercover is SO MUCH LESS BULLSHIT with PD2 snipers having the courtesy to wave a laser around for at least 10 seconds.
>>
>>342352459
i find it fun to get alot of bags and moving them to the van, that's just how my group has fun but it has to feel rewarding too, if we're going to do a mission that's just going to give us a few 100k(s) then it doesn't feel rewarding or fun.

>Trying to get a full crew is near impossible even with the free weekend
you can do most stealth mission solo on deathwish, it's not so hard when it's not a pro job, even then it's highly doable.

>Mods that don't prevent you getting any rewards help with that too.
elaborate
>>
Isn't it strange that as KF2 went to shit, Payday 2 got better?
>>
File: raid-ss3.jpg (285 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
raid-ss3.jpg
285 KB, 2048x1152
Im hoping that Raid will be a worthy replacement to Payday since I dont really feel like going back to it.

Seems like pretty much the same game but in WW2
>>
>>342352560
>STILL NO SAFEHOUSE CUSTOMIZATION
utterly useless, i don't see why people keep wanting this. i went into the safe house twice in all the time i played. would i go in there to put furniture in? no.
you can't even get friends in the safehouse so pimpin it up is pointless for that reason too.
i'd rather they added suits you could buy with ingame money instead, imagine heisting in a golden suit?

>STILL NO 3+DAY HEISTS
could be interesting but i think the problem is bad level design not lack of more levels.

>STILL NO HEIST-SPECIFIC OUTFITS/GEAR
they first point above i'd prefer over single mission clothing.

>the original games
honestly, Payday 1 is the most overrated game i've heard played, everything people looks at it and says it does better than 2 is just pointless, the heist in 1 are only alright to do once and then you're done with them.
>>
File: 1466071154029.gif (1013 KB, 245x254) Image search: [Google]
1466071154029.gif
1013 KB, 245x254
>>342346898
>100% positive reviews in the last couple of weeks
Welp, looks like their publicity stunt worked. I mean, I can only shake my head at the people stupid enough to believe that the publisher was to blame for the microtransactions. Just remember the actual devs defending the shit out of it when they first got implemented.

Since the studio solely depends on the DLC revenue(no other revenue generating projects out, but multiple in development) they clearly orchestrated this thing, to get the players back. Otherwise, they would've been finished for good.

Also, doesn't the game still miss content that was promised pre-release?

>mfw people genuinely believe OVK's shitty publicity story
pic related
>>
>>342352728

Goonmod has mutators that let you change up heists, and they don't stop you from getting the same rewards or even achievements. You're just restricted to hosting with friends and they're disable for non-Goonmod hosts.

Pretty much the only one that makes the game easier (outside of situational builds) is making it so normal cops spawn as blue cops on any difficulty 95% of the time.
Others include silly ones like dead enemies have their gravity reversed and float up to the sky, except for those with pagers.

Most of the mutators however really fuck the difficulty up and can be incredibly hard.
>Everyone has explosive ammo. That includes cops.
>Instagib mode, watch your armour
>Bag of drugs need to be carried or you lose health over time
>Bulldozers carry shields
>Only Bulldozers and a few support units
>Only Shields
>Only Tazers
>Weapons randomly jam and need to be reloaded when firing
>Cops moving lightning fast
>Increase the number of cops that can spawn with four versions (VERY NOT RECOMMENDED, SMALLEST CHANGE IS 10x WHICH DROPS FRAMES LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER AND MAKES EVERY AI DOPEY)

And a bunch more I can't remember right now, all toggleable or set up to activate randomly.
>>
>>342347073
there's a mod called Noobies Go Back To Overkill that will kick people under certain circumstances.
>>
>>342352864

>Starbreeze

It's the worst part of Payday 2 running it, probably expect shit tons of DLC and maybe some crates and keys system again. In addition to multiplat.
>>
>>342352864
>Seems like pretty much the same game but in WW2
Thats because its made by guys who worked on PD2 DLC.

>>342352926
What you personally think about the features is pretty much meaningless, but thanks for the blogpost. What matters is that a company like Overkill fails time and time again, to deliver on promises.

>>342352847
Its called DLCday for a reason. Without DLC the game is shit.
>>
>>342351803
>>342352046
You could use the skills that give better pickup for ammo in the new skill tree for Enforcer
>>
>>342352693
It just feels like I'm doing objectives rather than robbing some place and taking home 10 million dollars only to end up with $10000 and have to spend $36000 to unfold a stock.

There's no sense of progression like there was with the old system.

also NO CHALLENGES

And the huge roster of characters is shitty too. IT dilutes the interaction between the characters and the epic bantz suffers as a consequence. Instead of 4 tight crew members, we got a shmorgishborg of advertisements and literally who's.

It really is detrimental to the sense of team-play when I'm listening to some psychopath mass-murderer from the seventies rob banks with me. It's funny and silly but the novelty has worn off. I'd much rather go back to the original 4 and have as much work as was put in to making all the extra characters, be fueled back in to making the original 4 more interesting and developed.
>>
>>342352989
>Bulldozers carry shields
this should be in the base game
>>
Going loud was fun as fuck, but the DLC is just too much. Them separating new Heisters and Heists in to two different DLCs is where I was no longer on board. I still played it for a while after, but I was no longer excited about new patches.

Oh and stealth is shit in PD2. Too much randomness in a lot of the maps that can just fuck you over.
>>
>>342353083
yeah but I can still be hopeful. for a good year or so Payday 2 was a great game with not bullshit or upsets.

>>342353102
I know that Lion Game Lion did Payday DLC, I mean its like completely identical.
>>
>>342352936
>they promised pre-release shit
>safe house customization was teased
>most of the stuff did get in whether it was DLC or not
>publicity stunt that they blamed themselves onto them
They were the ones that did think it'd be a good idea to put in microtransactions, as in Overkill. Almir himself said that. They weren't the ones who proposed the idea either.
Also what other shit that's missing content from prerelease? All I remember was there was supposed to be safe house customization that was teased and not set in stone.
>>
>>342347947
So that's why I was going down in overkill with my dodge build + grinder deck.

What's the new go-to deck for loud? Anarchist?
>>
>>342353278
>Heisters and Heists in to two different DLCs
they have done this years ago too, it's actually the normal way they do it
>>
>>342353382
>teasing something is okay because they don't actually have to do that thing

That attitude is basically what resulted in any kickstarter that had those shitty pledge stretch goals, didn't actually fulfill those goals, and got mad when asked about it.

>promise never to do thing
>do it anyway
>"surprised" by uproar
>"get rid" of thing even though they still made a quick buck and will continue to make a quick buck
>>
It has a pretty tight core gameplay and does it well. I just wish they'll improve stealth and add more interesting heists. I liked the goat simulator heist.
>>
>>342353427
Grinder was nerfed but still one of the most viable decks. You suck to go down in Overkill.

Try running Ex-President with LBV, dodge skills and Bullseye.

Or ICTV with Infiltrator.
>>
>>342353278
>Oh and stealth is shit in PD2. Too much randomness in a lot of the maps that can just fuck you over.
the maps in PD1 are too big and unforgiving on the stealth part, making them not fun to reply stealthy at all.
>>
People stopped playing this 2 months after initial release, and that's being generous honestly.
>>
>>342353723
>continue to make a quick buck
except the chest are free to open now, you can't buy to open the new ones, the old ones have stopped generating.
>>
>>342353913
So, why they have been supporting it with DLC for 2 years?
>>
>>342353993

Who the devs? Because they are retarded?
Or do you mean the things that continue buying the dlc for their game?

I said people in my initial post. Not retards.
>>
>>342353820
if you were to replace the goats with anything else, it would be one of the best heists in the game.
>>
>>342354161
>Call someone a retard because they like something you do not and support it.

Ok.
>>
File: 50754027_p1.png (397 KB, 662x535) Image search: [Google]
50754027_p1.png
397 KB, 662x535
I can't remember the last time I got to play a game with the original heisters.
Houston > Hoxton though
>>
File: 1464049147580.png (2 MB, 1192x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464049147580.png
2 MB, 1192x1080
I just got back into it after they "patched out" the microtransactions and its the same as before the community is still shit and DLC up the ass, at least its a good game to play with friends, pubs are just cancer incarnate gonna try to hit infamy 25 and then I'll probably quit.
>>
>>342351289
No, both games are not "extremely simplistic". If you want to argue the Payday 2 is a simple game - fine, go ahead, but stop comparing it to L4D, because that just shows you how blatantly uninformed you are.
Payday might not be a very complex game - but it sure as fuck is more complex than any other mainstream 4 player co-op game out there, right now.

>>342346898
Nah. Quit more than a year ago and feel better for it.
>>
Have they added an option to turn off all the garbage DLC characters so I will never have to see them?

Who the fuck asked for 12 fucking characters? Way to miss the point of the game, this isnt Killing Floor for gods sake
>>
Are the dlcs needed just to host the heist, or does everyone need the dlcs to play?

Also, since there's a sale going, are there any worthwhile dlcs?
>>
>>342356568
DLCs are only needed to host.
People without the DLC can still join and play with you.
>>
File: Payday.png (1 MB, 1177x601) Image search: [Google]
Payday.png
1 MB, 1177x601
>Put Micro-transactions into the game
Nope. I uninstalled it.
>>
>>342347073
Alot of lobbies I join recently say they will kick people with under 200 hours
>>
>>342356568
Better yet just use a DLC unlocker lua hook and heist all the heists you want for free
Can't get banned for it and no one gives you shit because hey, you're hosting out of pocket for them and can always just boot them
>>
>>342358274
Is the mod unlock system the same?
I just cheated and unlocked all the mods before, because fuck that RNG bullshit.
>>
>>342358565
yeah sure
if it's been a while, you need to download a new set of stuff to get it working, thugh
>>
>>342356860
the removed those for weapon skins (safes are now free)
heisters you still gotta pay
heists are available if someone else owns the dlc
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.