[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scary video game thread. Whatcha playing? Excited for anything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Whatreyelookinat.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Whatreyelookinat.jpg
77 KB, 1024x768
Scary video game thread.

Whatcha playing?
Excited for anything?
Any ideas for a game That you'll never make because making games is hard.
>>
File: 1431556773733.jpg (59 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1431556773733.jpg
59 KB, 300x240
>Open world horror game
>La Noir + Supernatural
>Drive around an open world taking care of spooks
>Randomly generated spoops and monsters around the world to deal with, such as ghosts, wendigos, poltergeists, demons etc.
>Have to research your spookers and figure out how to deal with them
>Main missions like LA Noir. Read about strange events in the newspaper or see something on the news
>Involves going to towns and figuring out what's going on
>Peace together information, like how the victims died/vanished, where they were, local myths
>Sometimes it'll be a spirit in the woods luring people to kill
>Sometimes it's a wendigo just flat out murdering the fuck out of people
>Sometimes it's a demon possessing someone that's murdering around town
>Changelings doing changeling things
>Mutants
>werewolves

I'd play the shit out of that.
>>
>>342133621

Ive thought of this. I want this.
>>
I started playing Pathologic last night ans it's surprisingly spooky/unsettling
>>
>>342132330
"Horror" game like Among the Sleep where you play as an abused dog avoiding capture from horrific dog catchers.
>>
I wish RE would make an open world game where you are one of the survivors fighting in racoon.

You are only a survivor, Not immune to the virus like ORC. Main quest is to find a way out. Survive the zombies and survive each other much like Dark Souls feat. The Division.
>>
>>342134449
I was with you until you mentioned The Division I'd take more influence from Gta4,Dead Rising, or the city escape segment of TLoU
>>
>>342133621
Would you be able to be a spoop, like becoming a vampire or werewolf yourself.
>>
>>342134449
ive wanted this for so long, at this point in RE i think they should split it into this type of game and then the spooky games with the tanky contorls
>>
I played Witch's house recently. A bit spooky, but a good part of the scares were jump scares. The puzzles were good, though.
>>
File: 1431973825020.gif (1 MB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
1431973825020.gif
1 MB, 500x433
Reposting from an earlier thread

>GTA clone
>Starts off like any other gta
>Rob banks, steal cards, do illegal things
>Game slowly gets more fucked up as you play
>NPC's will stare at you as you walk around, turning their heads to face you
>NPC's walk around a corner and just disappear
>Random texts like from the sims telling you to be careful, look behind you, etc.
>People will follow you around town for miles only to walk away when you look at them
>See people dragging a body around in an alley
>A bunch of buildings with fake doors and windows, like themepark buildings, only much larger
>See mannequins in cars/busses riding
>a friend of the main character calls you up and wants you to help him do a standard, generic mission
>Rob a bank or something
>The GPS takes you out into the forest outside of town
>>
>>342136550
Pls continue i might actually get spooked by this.
>>
>>342133859
i think pathologic's strength is just how unsettling it is to play in general. there aren't any jumpscares to test your patience, just constant and evolving dread
>>
>>342137148
You sure it isn't boredom?
>>
File: face help.jpg (80 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
face help.jpg
80 KB, 290x290
>>342132330
>mfw that entire last section was all in your head after you collapsed in front of the mirror and FBI found you there
>>
>>342137293
this
>inb4 you just don't get it!
>>
>>342132330
I want an RPG set in the Mortal Kombat universe
>>
Any news on the Underhell remake?

I need it so bad, I think i played it more than any game that came out in the year it released.
>>
>>342137293
it's both
>>
>>342137579
If by remake you mean the 3rd part, nope, the creator fucked off and made a Stalker clone that nobody cared about and was never heard of again
>>
Playing Miasmata.

Fuck that whiteboard writing really fucked with me. Did not see it coming.

Also, I'm surprised I'm having fun with a game that looks like Skyrim with the lowest settings, and movement of a fucking bomb defusal robot that learnt how to hop.
>>
>>342137663
I thought he was redoing the first parts then working on part 2.

But aw seriously? It was one of the only games I was looking forward to. It had brutal fast paced combat along with spoopy dreadful sections.
>>
>>342134449
So, Outbreak?
>File #3 never
>>
>>342136904
>Go on mission to rob a house
>Break into house
>It's completely empty
>You and your friend freaking out
>Go to door
>It's fake
>Not locked, literally fake
>Just a prop attached to the wall
>The same with the windows
>Wander around the fake house trying to find a way out
>There is none
>You and your friendly freaking out
>Friend tries to kill you
>You have to kill your friend to survive
>The second he dies a fake wall opens up and lets you leave the building

>Watch hospital front door
>Plenty of people walk in
>Looks normal
>Watch for a few more hours in game
>Not a single person walks out
>Walk inside
>"The doctor can see you soon"
>Doctor comes out
>Takes you into the back room
>Door clicks behind you
>It's locked
>>
File: 206892[1].jpg (56 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
206892[1].jpg
56 KB, 800x600
Rattmann from Portal gave me an idea, what if the protagonist in a survival-horror game was schizophrenic and has to take meds to keep his sanity, otherwise he would start hearing voices, friendly NPCs would look like zombies/demons/mutants/whatever and enemies would look nike friendlies, hallucinate stuff like doors in places there is actually a wall. Meds would be scarce and hard to find, so sometimes you'd have to decide if it's worth taking your last pill in the area you are in right now or should you save it for later.
>>
I haven't really played any horror game ever but I own Amnesia the Dark Descent and haven't played it once because I'm too scared.

Am I a pussy?
>>
I had an idea the other day. It's basically set up like a simulator where you live in your nice suburban home taking care of your family. You start by doing mundane tasks but little by little you start noticing strange things around the house. They eventually get worse and worse until you're practically playing through a nightmare or a horror movie. I know it's extremely vague, not sure if it would be about ghosts or demons or madness or what. But so many games have you exploring unknown territory. I want a game to take familiar territory and make it scary.

Unless this already describes a game, then I'd like to check it out.
>>
>>342132330
>Any ideas for a game

Merging the control mechanics from Receiver with a more typical survival horror resource management and exploration/puzzle based game.

I could make art, level design and possibly even gameplay for something like that. If I were to do story and monster design they'd probably end up pretty derivative, though I have some ideas for key points in storyline and I'd like to make a game that communicates a sort of cruel and uncaring alien world parallel to ours. Kind of like the Silent Hill otherworld, but forming some kind of coherent ecosystem that is cruel and strange by its own nature rather than being some kind of malicious, demonic force.
>>
>>342133621
I know what you're describing is different but that sounds a lot like The Witcher.
>>
>>342133621
Basically The Witcher set in the modern day.

The closest thing we have to this currently is The Secret World. Shame about the terrible combat and terrible overarching stories though.
>>
>>342138267
Ace idea man
I really like it
>>
>>342138859
Right, i really want a AAA game like this
>>
File: 1465706741419.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1465706741419.gif
1 MB, 540x540
>you're a skeleton named Kreg
>you don't know who and where you are
>all you have is sunglasses and a neon orange shirt with the words "KREG"
pretty Spooky, Huh?
>>
>>342136550
So something like the Truman show? Where everybody is in on the act except the protag?
>>
>>342141273
Sort of. I was thinking more like the player is in more of a nightmare or alternate universe. But yeah, it would be like that where basically everyone is a potential enemy.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.