[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Nioh Information and Footage Shown the Past Week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: Ken-Sama.jpg (62 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Ken-Sama.jpg
62 KB, 600x800
Gomenasai.

List of visible changes anons have compiled since the alpha demo.
>The life and stamina bars of both William and enemies are now brighter and more colourful, as is the spirit guardian gauge
>Quick-item slots have been made bigger on the HUD, and have been expanded to encompass the entire D-Pad; also it seems that two sets of items can be mapped to the D-Pad and swapped on the fly
>Quick weapon switching is now done with R1 + the D-Pad, with the weapon icons subsequently being moved over to the stance indicator
>A second missile weapon can now be equipped
>When using a talisman to imbue your weapon with elemental damage, a display on the stance indicator will show how long your buff is active for
>The lock-on system has been changed to work more similarly to Zelda or Souls
>William's breathers after running out of stamina seem to have been shortened by half
>Dodges and rolls now seem to have more weight to them and seem less glide-y than they were in the alpha
>Durability has been removed outright
>On-screen messages display whenever a proficiency point is earned for the equipped weapon, with a little display at the bottom of the screen showing how many you currently have
>Drop rate seems to have been toned down a bit, so every enemy isn't a piñata of useless gear
>>
File: Pssssh.jpg (41 KB, 304x393) Image search: [Google]
Pssssh.jpg
41 KB, 304x393
>>342076704
And information anons have gleamed from press interviews

>The game is currently 60-70% completed, but Team Ninja are still aiming to get it out by late 2016
>They're aiming to clock the main story of the game at around 30-40 hours
>William is the only playable character
>William only understands very basic Japanese, so the dub will more than likely be bilingual
>None of Kurosawa's Oni script (That was subsequently finished by his son and tightened up by Kou Shibusawa to make it more videogame-y) that the game was originally based on has made it into the final version, with the exception of the protagonist still being a blond samurai
>It was reaffirmed as a PS4 exclusive for the foreseeable future, but chances of a port didn't sound too good, as TN are still snakey and pissy about that DoA5 nude mod thing
>None of the prevalent sexuality from DoA and Ninja Gaiden will be there, since they felt it didn't match the tone of the game
>Around 100 side missions of varying objectives will be avaliable
>NG+ isn't a given, but they're aware of the demand for it
>No invasions, but a potential PvP arena
>The August beta demo consists of a tutorial dojo, the two levels from the alpha demo again and a new stage, the boss of which is that creepy demon lady from the TGS and E3 trailers
>Completing all three stages of the beta will allow players to get the Mark of the Conquerer if they missed it the first time, so the copypasta may have to be rewritten a bit
>You will be more than likely to change the facial appearance of your revenant
>Firearms are extremely powerful, but will cause all nearby enemies to investigate the source of the sound
>Healing hotsprings will be dotted around some stages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZPYTEc7hM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpeVEBpAlTc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=282cMo0Lk6A
>>
>>342076704
>>Quick weapon switching is now done with R1 + the D-Pad, with the weapon icons subsequently being moved over to the stance indicator
Does this mean
They need to make it so Regook isn't R1+S/X/O/T so you don't end up accidentally swapping stances to low when rolling with X
>>
>>342076986
>but chances of a port didn't sound too good, as TN are still snakey and pissy about that DoA5 nude mod thing
What a bunch of faggots. No one is going to mod William-sama to be nude
>>
>>342076986
>>Completing all three stages of the beta will allow players to get the Mark of the Conquerer if they missed it the first time, so the copypasta may have to be rewritten a bit
FFFFFFFFFFUCK
>>
File: Oh, Koei Tecmo.jpg (114 KB, 620x680) Image search: [Google]
Oh, Koei Tecmo.jpg
114 KB, 620x680
>>342077118
Hayashi is probably still annoyed that mods ensured that the DLC didn't sell well to guarantee his Christmas bonus.
>>
>>342077198
Good for the people that weren't able to play the alpha at all I suppose but not gonna lie, it takes something away from being able to get it the first time. Could have just had a new one, like the Mark of the Challenger or Mark of the Complainer or something.
>>342077014
I uh, Regook? I don't get what you're trying to say but stances will still be changed with R1+etc, just you also now change weapons while holding R1 as well.
>>
>>342077267
He has no one to blame but himself for expecting people to buy into that kind of a scam on PC. It's bad enough PC players buy season passes but they're still not dumb enough to pay that much for costumes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk
>>
>>342076986
The tutorial looks a little heavy handed, but I guess that kind of thing is necessary. I really hope you can take the equipment out from the dojo though, looks damn cool.
>>
>>342077595
Regook is stopping your stamina from dropping by hitting R1 after an attack flurry. William-sama must rechristen his false asian powers with R1.

The problem with this is if you're rolling away soon after it it swapped your stance to the equivalent of X (low)
>>
Sad that means we're going to have to do the same areas over again to get the new one. Is this a permanent demo and not one that disappears in a week?
>>
>>342078000
Unclear at this point, though they did say that they're going to have another feedback survey, so it'll probably be up for a week, week and a half like the alpha was.
>>
>>342078093
Blah, I might skip this one and just wait for the main game if the save from the original doesn't carry over and I highly doubt it would
>>
File: 07_712.jpg (1 MB, 1072x1540) Image search: [Google]
07_712.jpg
1 MB, 1072x1540
So how is the manga connected to the game?
>>
>>342078093
Great, so now the games going to be nurfed into a walking simulator where you have to push buttons occasionally.

I'm surprised so many people thought the game was hard; I suck at videogames and even I earned the mark.
>>
>>342077927
Oh of course, I realised right after I hit enter, g1 m8. I never really had that problem though, it's probably just something to get used to. Actually you'd be better doing it on purpose really, low stance has way better dodges.
>>342078000
I think I don't mind starting over. It'll make it easier to compare the new demo to the old one and see how far the changes go. I'll miss my excessive sword collection though. You should play it though, we need to send as much survey feedback as possible as long as it aligns with how I want the game to go.
Bring back durability and original lock on movement and camera!
>>
>>342078580
>Bring back durability and original lock on movement and camera!
No, durability is just a chore. It's pointless. Make games about fun, not chores. I didn't have too much of an issue with the lock on though
>>
>all those faggots who will get the mark now will start thinking they're hot shit despite being late to the party
>will constantly see "GOT MUH MARK" posted
>>
>>342078853
To be fair it is a bit harder to get the mark now. Before you only had to beat one stage but you went in blind essentially. Now they have to beat the first two stages and a new stage blind
>>
Why do people care about durability? You were literally swimming in weapons and whetstones. It's a useless mechanic.
>>
File: LkARIDr.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
LkARIDr.png
137 KB, 526x436
>>342076704
>Durability has been removed outright
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>342078981
Because you had to organize your inventory to keep a few of each kind of weapon for when the durability went down on them to optimize whetstone usage. Now the autism is removed and you can just go with the best weapon of each type and throw out anything less
>>
>>342079094
This, I loved getting my ass kicked for fucking up and not praying to save my spirits. Plus the whole thing of organizing your weapons and armor every shrine you got to had a great feel to it for me. Now, their changing what I mentioned, completely up. Hope I'd like the changes in the demo in August.
>>
>>342079094
It's not even possible to run out of whetstones unless you're playing like an absolute retard.
>>
File: fucked.jpg (28 KB, 587x573) Image search: [Google]
fucked.jpg
28 KB, 587x573
>>342076704
Oh baby that's everything I wanted to hear.
Was already going to get the game after beating the demo, but now I'm extra hyped.
>>
>>342077595
>stances will still be changed with R1+etc, just you also now change weapons while holding R1 as well.

DROPPED
>>
I need to be able to pair up with my homies.
Tecmo Koei, I know you're watching, have matchmaking with friends available
>>
>>342078750
It's hardly a chore to just keep an eye on another bar related to combat which takes much longer to go down and can be refilled easier, and the potential depth and variety that it would bring is bigger than most realize. It's an RPG style stat, I have fun managing RPG stuff in an Action RPG.
>>342078981
That's why, not only do I want it back, but I want it even harsher than it was before. At least the way it was you actually had to repair and swap and keep an extra weapon or two spare just in case. As you've basically said though, even in Alpha the game was built with durability in mind, as you get enough weapons to be able to stay prepared. Change one and you have to change everything else, which we already have seen.
>>
>>342076986
>William only understands very basic Japanese, so the dub will more than likely be bilingual
That's a nice touch, actually.
>>
File: 1408115173251.gif (550 KB, 278x227) Image search: [Google]
1408115173251.gif
550 KB, 278x227
>>342079094
Weapon Familiarity makes choosing the stronger weapon a tougher choice since it gives your weapon you've been using for some time more perks. It's based off the idea that spirits live in every object and bond with the user the longer you use it. Sounds like a cool mechanic for building a signature weapon but we've yet to see how it'll work.
>>
yea, this basically reaffirms that I will be buying it. my first team ninja game!
>>
>>342081367
The only thing we know about Weapon Familiarity now is that it increases the chance of finding a spirit when you disassemble the weapon. It sounds interesting but to me it sounds like it promotes using multiple weapons so you can max out Familiarity on each, and durability could make that more of an interesting challenge.
>>
>>342079094
There is no optimization or organization, the demo was just
>do you have whetstones?
>if yes, repair weapon on the spot because you can repair on the go making the whole system pointless,
>if no, use your next best weapon which probably has like 5 less AR as this game shits weapons
>then throw all your crap gear to the shrine for more whetstones anyways
It was entirely pointless and just busywork with 0 added difficulty.
>>
>>342078247
>still no translation

;_;
>>
>>342081894
You should correct that immediately and at least buy Ninja Gaiden 1 (Black is better than Sigma, but they're both good) and 2 (Get vanilla if possible).

You'll probably enjoy Nioh a bit more as well if you've played those two, since you'll be able to pick up on the residual NG influence the game has.
>>
>>342082612
You gotta keep in mind this was only the Alpha demo. If the complaint was that you felt durability didn't matter much in the long run, then they could have lowered whetstone drop rates or increased degradation a little more. Not like it was really pointless though since you had to get to the point where you had enough anyway, and you can't really use them well when in combat, so it did have an effect on longer battles which was enough reason to consider using an axe or bigger armour.
>>
>>342083462
I agree that they could have fixed the problem instead of outright removing it, but either method works fine and I'm not going to miss the old system in any way.
>>
>>342077595
>r1 and dpad to change weapon
Does that mean we can continue our combo when changing weapons?
>>
>>342083667
Perhaps, but it didn't even seem like a problem originally in that way, not nearly enough to bother removing it for the reasons everyone says, and I think it's gonna feel like something's missing now. Just felt good going into places knowing your katanas were refolded to perfection, at the very least.
>>
>>342076704
Fuck you, buddy. He died valiantly and you're using him for your video game discussion?
>>
>>342084560
Yeah, it'll basically work the same way it did before, the only thing that's different is the weapon change input, which would more or less work out to be the same anyway since you Ki Pulse before swapping already.
>>
>>342084768
Not really because you drop your combo before
>>
>>342076986
>The game is currently 60-70% completed, but Team Ninja are still aiming to get it out by late 2016
that sounds awful. Remember: "the last 10% is just as long as the first 90%".
>>
>>342076704
>>342076986
>The lock-on system has been changed to work more similarly to Zelda or Souls
>Around 100 side missions of varying objectives will be avaliable
>Firearms are extremely powerful, but will cause all nearby enemies to investigate the source of the sound

10/10 design choices
>>
>>342085295
Don't celebrate the side mission thing too early; they could potentially run out of time and/or money and go the TPP route with them.
>>
>>342085390
Not him but Do you think the side missions will take place in areas not in the main story?
>>
>>342085580
No idea honestly, they didn't really go in-depth on the side mission thing. I'm just hoping they actually are quite varied, and that time and money limitations don't force them to just do "Different colored variant of generic enemy has appeared in X area, go kill it!" 90 times.
>>
>>342084863
Watch these >>342077819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8
he swaps weapon midcombo multiple times and keeps it going.
>>342085295
>liking the change to the lock on that cuts out a big chunk of the samurai feel to the combat while promoting easy circle strafe tactics with no risk
In the trio of main mechanic changes this is probably the one change that's most in need of being reverted honestly.
>>
>>342085983
Oh shit. Thats some top tier gameplay
>>
Durability has never been done well and it's a detriment to every game that includes it.
>>
>>342086583
I thought new vegas did it well.
>>
>>342086583
That's just, mechanicist? People are just predisposed to hate durability despite anything that it could possibly offer to the feel or mechanics of a game, of which there is a lot if you just take a moment to think about it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHyLCgpDTLA
>>
>>342086908
taping all the hundreds of guns you find together is doing it well?
>>
>>342080957
Durability is never a stat in JRPGs, only faggy WRPGs that want to simulate reality and have you do mundate chores for half the gameplay.

>>342080158
I know but I still feel the need to optimize the use of them because of autism. So they need to cater to my autism.

>>342081367
>Weapon Familiarity makes choosing the stronger weapon a tougher choice since it gives your weapon you've been using for some time more perks. It's based off the idea that spirits live in every object and bond with the user the longer you use it. Sounds like a cool mechanic for building a signature weapon but we've yet to see how it'll work.
Yeah that mechanic is fine since eventually you will have to replace the weapon but you just need to make a trade off choice to sacrifice the advantage of the familiarity.
>>
>>342076986
>TN are still snakey and pissy about that DoA5 nude mod thing

Why are they so mad about this? They sexualize the girls all the time.
>>
>>342076704
game is dead
fuck you all fucking scrubs
>>
>>342090640
They said nothing about making it easier, dweeb
>>
>>342076986
>which is that creepy demon lady from the TGS and E3 trailers
>creepy

My dick disagrees.

https://youtu.be/MQpGYsvHR78?t=50
>>
>>342090634
It's not an integrity thing, it's a money thing. Presumably they see nude mods as having cut into their DLC profits.

>>342077267 is not a shop btw, it's 100% real.
>>
>>342090737
>said
key word
the damage is already done
>>
>>342089107
On jsawyer mod
>>
>no invasions

So I cant role play as a vengeful samurai spirit hunting others? ;-;
>>
>>342090937
They said its coming with sort of an online multiplayer prototype with 1 arena
>>
You know, I wanna make a list of the things durability can bring to the game, along with what we gain from it's removal. Should be good for posterity, with the beta and a survey coming up all this stuff is ripe for discussion.

With durability:
Different weapon and armour types get another layer of variety and uniqueness, potentially impacting how you play
More encouragement to use different equipment and experiment and feels satisfying when you're caught short but able to win regardless
Potentially more depth to enemy encounters by having them use it against you (hit the weakspot or your weapons break quicker, yokai that aim for the equipment rather than your health)
More encouragement towards fighting efficiently, instead of just simply blocking everything regardless of build since there's no downside for example
Fits both thematically and mechanically, what with the darker atmosphere, emphasis on authentic feeling samurai combat, and the loot system meaning you'll at least have something to fall back on making it seem somewhat balanced if not a bit lenient, at least in the confines of the demo
Rewards preparation before battle that little bit more
Brings a fair punishment to dying multiple times while unprepared
I think I missed some things but whatever we'll call it a work in progress.

Without durability:
No pressure to change your equipment at any time or even bring anything more than one weapon unless you just want to
Don't need to take a moment to stop and repair equipment (which took what, 5 seconds tops if you didn't have them on a shortcut)
One less bar to keep track of to be able to fight at your strongest
I can't think of anything else.

Well I did it again, if anyone wants to add to it, feel free. I could do the same for the lock on thing but it'd be shorter and I think everyone gets why the old lock on was better anyway.
>>
>>342090937
Technically you could if you just die a lot and hope people summon your revenant.
>>
>>342090508
It depends on the game, but in the Nioh demo the method of getting repair items didn't take you out of your way at all or take long, unless you died a whole lot, but then you still build up loot that you can use or cash in for items or Amrita. It just werked.
>>
>>342091873
Shit I'm gonna have to just post this in the next thread at this rate, whenever that happens.
>>
>>342084672

rip in peace

when will tsunami genocide end

WHEN
>>
>>342096336
The wind blows. It is 7 in the morning, Ken-sama woke up to the cold morning. He got up, and went to the bathroom to wash his face. Ken-sama live in a traditional Japanese house, he only rent a room though. The old couple is nice enough to let him stay in their house. Ken-sama grepped his kimono and wear it like a proper nihonjin, he walk to a window and smell the fresh nihonjin morning. “Ah, konbanwa anatas. What beautiful morning desu.” Ken-sama zoned out looking at the beach from his room. Ken-sama went downstairs to greet the old couple. “Ah, ohayou ojisan and obasan”. The old couple replied him with a warm smile and proceed with their breakfast while inviting Ken-sama. Although Ken-sama can not understand them, he easily could read what the old couple is trying to say, he is born with this talent. “Arigato.” Ken-sama said, he then went upstairs to take a few things. He took a bokken and a katana, the katana is hidden in his kimono and the bokken is on his obi, this is to avoid being arrested by authorities as he was warned last time. Ken-sama will be going on his usual morning walk to sightseeing the glorious nihonjin country. “Itadakimasu obasan and ojisan”, they gave him a mixed smile and a slightly confused expression.
>>
>>342096531
Ken-sama reached the park near the beach, he like to watch kids playing as it is a something that can warm his pure heart. Suddenly, a sudden tremor. No, it’s more terrifying than that, it’s an earthquake, a huge one. The ground was shaking and beginning to crack, Ken-sama look at the children, they were running away terrified, “minna san! do not run around! Stay in place!” The kids couldn’t understand what he was saying, he gestured what he was trying to say, he ordered the kids to stay in the middle of the park as it is too dangerous. But that was Ken-sama’s mistake, he look at the beach from afar. It was huge, a tsunami is coming. Ken-sama widened his eyes and look at the children and yelled every Japanese word he knew “Arigatou gozaimasu! Gomenasai! Run away minna-san!” The children ran away, the wave is coming, it was at least 100ft tall. Ken-sama was ashamed with himself, he should have anticipated this, if he did the children would be far away by now. “sumimasen mina-san, it was my mistake”, he took his hidden katana and dual wield with the bokken and katana. As he ran towards the tsunami trying to stop it, he uttered his last words. “Arigatou obasan, ojisan. For taking care of me” The wave rise even higher. A shout is heard; “Nippon banzai!”.
>>
>>342093292
It did not just werk because you had to constantly save sub-optimal tems for their durability. It's better if you just fucking get a weapon and you have it forever and nothing can take it away from you
>>
>>342096635
wasnt the backstory of >>342076704
just some guy who was modelling the kimono his wife made?
>>
>>342097829
Yeah, he was just some guy (He was a teacher from memory, I think his name was Brandon or Brendan or something) that was married to a tailor, and he was modelling some of her stuff for her blogspot. He wasn't even a weeb or anything.

Turns out that neither of them were particularly amused when that photo appeared and had become a joke on forums and imageboards, they were issuing takedown notices to YouTube videos that used the photo and stuff.
>>
>>342097379
>you had to constantly save sub-optimal tems for their durability
Only one or two backup weapons at the very most if you were a katanaman, but I don't see why needing to have a backup sword is a bad thing. Also earlier it was that the weapons were on par so durability doesn't matter, now they're much weaker, it can't be both.
It doesn't take the weapon from you if it breaks either, it does much less damage but all you have to do is fix it and you can go back to using that specific sword.
>>
>>342098208
I had 6-7 back up weapons for each weapon type ;3

STOP DEFENDING BUSYWORK IN VIDEO GAMES.
>>
>>342098737
Did you actually play the demo? There was no "busywork" at all, anything you need you get naturally, and would even be able to buy in the main game anyway. Personally I was able to go through the second mission with one katana and one spear equipped, and I'd maybe get them both to half durability.
>>
File: wil a cute.jpg (595 KB, 1090x1600) Image search: [Google]
wil a cute.jpg
595 KB, 1090x1600
>>342078247
Got a link to the entire manga so far? I've only found the first chapter. William is pretty cute.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.