[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Between Pokemon & Legend of Zelda, which series has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Between Pokemon & Legend of Zelda, which series has been more innovative over the years since release?
>>
Zelda.
>>
>>341952085
none, they are the same shit, every years, for the las 20 years at least
>>
>>341952085
Zelda, by FAR.

I don't get the 'Zelda is rehashed' meme.

Majora's Mask was WAY different from OoT.
Wind Waker was WAY different from MM and OoT.

Then fans cried and cried that the new Zeldas were too strange and that there NEEDED to be another realistic game in the style of OoT.

So Nintendo made Twilight Princess, with its announcement going down in history as causing the absolute maximum amount of E3 hype possible

And then Skyward Sword was VERY different from TP, WW, MM and OoT.
>>
>evolved from link cables to world trading
>mechanics constantly evolving
Pokemon hands down.
>>
The broad strokes are the same but Zelda has changed a ton.
>>
>>341952418
>Same tired formula in every game

Every pokemon game starts and ends in the exact same way, you can optimize the gameplay as much as you want but Sun and Moon is going to be the exact same game that Red and Blue were.
>>
>>341952341
The differences were mainly visual, or minor changes in overworld navigation.
Beyond that, 3D Zelda's share for the most part the same story and game structure, as well as play style. (Waggle wii-motes, I suppose, are an "innovation")
That said, MM did change up the story beats and method of play, so there's that.
>>
>>341952085
Pokemon's not incredibly innovative, almost all their best decisions have been quality of life improvements on the same formula. The biggest new mechanics they added were what, Amie? Or maybe Contests, but calling Contests half baked is giving them too much credit.
>>
>>341952530
& Pokemon hasn't changed a ton?
>>
>>341952085
Zelda has made leaps and bounds but has always had consistency problems.
Pokemon has had a steady increase in quality over time. Until Gen 6 that is.

But as far as innovation? Zelda no doubt.
>>
>>341953286
The fine details, but combat and the way you interact with and explore the world is still the same. It hasn't really changed so much as it has refined what it had.
>>
>>341952085
the biggest criticism against Zelda in modern times is literally that they change it too much in every single game

starting from WW all releases is just Aonuma doing reacting in a kneejerk fashion to fanbase who keeps oscillating like a pendulum not knowing what it wants
>>
>>341953437
The same can honestly be said about the Zelda series, just with the Zelda series really not offering various options in how you play.
>>
Pokemon went 3D two years ago.

Zelda went 3D eighteen years ago.
>>
>>341952085

I'm assuming you're talking about the mainline games only.

Zelda by far.

The mainline Pokemon games are EXACTLY the same as gen 1 except they're 3d.

Zelda has changed its art style, its atmosphere, its main item mechanics which change gameplay like hookshots and that beetle flyer, It's deepend the lore instead of just tacking extra shit on the side of it, it's got 10000x more memorable characters, It's changed the way you battle multiple times.

This is coming from someone who likes/buys Pokemon games more than Zelda games.
>>
>>341952085
Zelda simply due to this new game alone. Pokemon wouldn't dare do anything close to this.
>>
>>341956542
The new Zelda game is probably the biggest jump for the series, but the jumps before this one game weren't shit in comparison to the Pokemon main handhelds. Pokemon expands on what's already there & making it better. While Zelda rewrites for most part, the same exact thing nearly everytime, with little to no change in comparison of how much changes between Pokemon games.
>>
>>341952085
Zelda by a fucking long shot
>>
Pokemon.
Zelda tried to innovate and it failed (Skyward Sword). Pokemon takes its formula and refines it and adds on to it with each game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I say this as a Zelda fan. The series has stagnated since Wind Waker, and I love that game too. The biggest dip happened with Skyward Sword and all the other titles released afterward. Spirit Tracks was the last great Zelda.
>>
all pokemon games look the same.
>>
>>341958440
This. Zelda, tries the same thing over & over again, just in a new way. Pokemon expands on what started out, & continues to improve on it each time.
>>
>>341958440

>Pokemon adds things to the same game "if it aint broke don't fix it"

thinking that helps your point about Pokemon being innovative. Did you read the OP?
>>
>>341952085
Pokemon. It always has a new regien an adds new mechanics each gen.
>>
File: 1411845549209.jpg (96 KB, 568x623) Image search: [Google]
1411845549209.jpg
96 KB, 568x623
>>341959574
Zelda was never able to fix it though.
>>
>>341955616
>What is pokemon stadium

T-that doesn't c-count!

>What is pokemon colosseum
>What is Pokemon: Emoji edition

Like fuck anon, if you wanna lie, at least make a good one.
>>
>>341952537
>exact
Anon, stop you will show how stupid you are.
Zelda is the same. That is, if you want to talk plot.
>link, go save the world and princess from evil
From the NES to the Wii U. Wow you really made me work for that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.