[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFXIV or WoW and why? Note this is without any friends to play with.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: wow_legion_1-e1439225957791.jpg (750 KB, 2048x1198) Image search: [Google]
wow_legion_1-e1439225957791.jpg
750 KB, 2048x1198
FFXIV or WoW and why? Note this is without any friends to play with.
>>
>>341945073
No friends = FFXIV
The main story is really fucking good, and at least on Ultros, I never had a bad DF group for the forced instances to progress through the story. Played it for about a year and a half but got overwhelmed when Heavensward dropped and it fell off my radar.

I've been catching up on Wow over the last few months, and it's much more streamlined than when I last played during Wrath. Cata story > WoD story > Panda story. Garrisons are comfy.

The thing is WoW feels like a time-waster while FFXIV felt like I was actually accomplishing something. Both are fun for their own reasons, but solo play definitely goes to FFXIV.
>>
You can easily make friends in any of those two games so that's not really a problem. Just join a guild.

The answer is WoW for now because it's never been cheaper to hop in and the next expansion is releasing soon. FFXIV is much more expensive for much less content as of now.
>>
>>341945073
FFXIV will give you a better chance of making in-game friends. The community is a lot more social than WoW's.
>>
>>341945790
>WoD Story > MoP story
>Cata > MoP

Metzen pls go.
>>
>>341946002

I have not met a social person on XIV outside of duty finder.
>>
File: 1459308901932.jpg (111 KB, 761x773) Image search: [Google]
1459308901932.jpg
111 KB, 761x773
FFXIV if you like Final Fantasy, WoW if you like Warcraft. That's really it, both games are pretty much the same other than their communities. But both communities are awful for different reasons.

I personally can't stand XIV's community. It's autism levels are off the charts.
>>
>>341946041
Jade Forest and Four Winds were nice, but TS, DW and KL were fucking horrific. Cata = 5 unique feeling zones for 5 elements, plus a strong plot that actually carried through all 5 instead of fits and starts across zones for the others. Don't know about instance quality because like OP I was more concerned about plot than difficulty.
>>
>>341946302

I can't stand WoW's community either. Everyone just want and wants and wants and won't actually put any effort into anything they do.
>>
>>341946436
There's really no winning.
>>
File: 06_17_2016 15_50_39.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
06_17_2016 15_50_39.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I haven't played much of WoW but I really love XIV. I'm not gonna lie I play for all the cute outfits and dress up.
>>
>>341948298

You and most of the people who play.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.