[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to get into Resident Evil series, which entries are must
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1024x652) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1024x652
Looking to get into Resident Evil series, which entries are must play and which ones are worth skipping?
>>
If you don't mind old psx graphics start from the original trilogy they're essential.
If you want something a bit more modern start with REmake, 0, Code Veronica then go into 4. 5 is meh. 6 is terrible.
If you just want the cliff notes play the Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles.
Avoid Operation Raccoon City and Survivor.
The Dead Aim and Outbreak ones are worth a glance.
>>
>>341818990
play 4
that's it
>>
Play them in this order

>REmake
>RE0
>RE2
>RE3
>RE: CV
>RE4

And stop there.
REmake and 0 recently had HD ports, PLAY THEM IN 4:3 AND WITH ORIGINAL CONTROLS or else you will have a bad time with the rest.

RE2 and 3 the platform doesn't really matter. 2 was ported to a million things with minor variations but you can't really go wrong with any version. The Wii version of 4 is the best.
>>
File: .jpg (86 KB, 640x549) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
86 KB, 640x549
ps1: resident evil 1 (pic related, not the one with the different OST), resident evil 2, resident evil 3
wii: resident evil 4

The rest are not worth playing.
>>
>>341818990
5 and 6 are actually pretty fun coop games, but I'd never touch them solo.

But you know how /v/ is with having friends. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>341820505
Survivor is short enough to play once, plus its technically canon
>>
>>341821073
Dipshit, everything becomes fun when you introduce the friend element, in the same way that any movie becomes worth watching. There are hundreds of games with better co-op and better multiplayer that one should play before the atrocities that are RE5 and RE6. The only thing RE5 has going for it is Wesker.

>>341821225
Who gives a fuck about canon? The series' writing is awful.
>>
>>341820836
At what points do the controls go from PS1 controls to actual third person shooter? I'm playing REmake at the moment and I am having trouble with the controls.

Dose Silent Hill 2 have the same control scheme on PS2? Because I'm about to play that game as well.
>>
>>341821326
>everything becomes fun when you introduce the friend element

Commonly thought, but absolutely not true.
>>
>>341820836
>4:3 AND ORIGINAL CONTROLS

Why? I've been playing REmake on PC with modern controls and widescreen. Is this helpful or just a dumb meme?
>>
The two Chronicles games are fun.
>>
>>341818990
The best games are REmake, RE2, RE4 and the two Outbreaks

I recommend playing REmake, RE2, and Outbreak 1&2 first and saving 4 for last. REmake, RE, and the Outbreaks are like a main course while RE4 is like dessert since it's a lot of fun.

Nemesis and CV are worth checking out if you like classic RE better. REV 2 is pretty cool towards 4

5 and 6 are good action games and somewhat fun on their own, but don't give out atmosphere or tension like the earlier entries

I wouldn't touch ORC or Gaiden with a ten ft pole
>>
>>341822016
Oh and I'd add this>>341821924 to my post
Thanks Boco
>>
The most important thing is that you play REmake.

>>341821374
I'm assuming you mean tank controls, and it's optional in SH2.
>>
Resident Evil 1,0,2,3,CV,4,5
And Revalations 1,2
RE6 is hit or miss i liked it but some people don't
>>
you have to play code veronica.

It's almost mandatory if you want to understand why prerendered works so poorly in comparison.
>>
>>341821225
Even so I still can't recommend it.
Maybe I would've had a different opinion playing with the light gun instead of the controller but it felt clunky and not being able to reload manually sucked.
>>
File: 2dub.jpg (215 KB, 831x1161) Image search: [Google]
2dub.jpg
215 KB, 831x1161
>telling someone to go from REmake to RE2
Do you guys actually think things through before you say them? Can you not see the disconnect of going from the remake to RE2? That's like saying "Play Zero Mission then Metroid 2" or "Play New 'n' Tasty then Abe's Exoddus".

I sort of understand the fear of "ew icky old games that don't have da best grafixx" but really to understand the series it's much better to play the originals and in release order.
>>
>RE1
Must play fun
>RE2
Extremely fun play Claire A leon B for canon
>RE3
Decent still worth a look
>RE4
A nice change of pace fun
>RE Outbreak series
Pretty good but nothing revolutionary feel free to skip since there spin offs
>RE5
Ending of the story per say
>RE6
Regardless of what people say its better then 5 but the story is a bit retarded still worth playing.
>RE chronicle series
Cool and a meh arcade shooter but seeing the remakes of old favorites it nice.

In short play them all.
>>
>>341822992
I went from REmake to 2 and had no issue.
>>
>>341822203
Alright thanks man
>>
File: 1451062342531.jpg (33 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1451062342531.jpg
33 KB, 512x384
>>341820836
>Alternate controls are bad and make the game casual shit
>Jill is easy mode

Love these fucking memes
>>
File: jill.jpg (199 KB, 1329x1038) Image search: [Google]
jill.jpg
199 KB, 1329x1038
>>341818990
Jill best girl
RE4 Ruined the series
RE5 Salvaged the pecies
RE6 went full mass effect 3 on the series
>>
File: 1464375255598.jpg (24 KB, 300x286) Image search: [Google]
1464375255598.jpg
24 KB, 300x286
>>341821008
>Tfw grew up with the Dualshock version unaware of the previous and hearing both OSTs and realize you had the shitty copy

The trumpets for the mansion basement was the straw that broke the camels back. But Arranged mode is to fun.
>>
File: what.gif (777 KB, 233x173) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
777 KB, 233x173
>>341823747
>mfw the original mansion basement music starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sITJuWV3HXg
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.