[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to boss fights in games? I really miss em
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Venom_Snake_TTP.png (115 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
Venom_Snake_TTP.png
115 KB, 270x270
What happened to boss fights in games? I really miss em
>>
>>341418063
I think the thing with MGSV is that every fight is a boss fight for the enemy because you're the boss.
>>
In MGSV you had, what 4?
Man on Fire, Quiet, the Skulls and Sahelanthropus.
5 if you count Eli.

Skullface's was definitely cut. He has a unique weapon model (sawn-off, lever action rifle, ivory grip that you execute him with w/ Kaz) that shows up once in a cutscene, that screams cut bossfight to me.
>>
Video games have no need for final bosses anymore, because we aren't playing them for the satisfaction of completion these days. We play them to either a) start a new attachment to characters/story or b) a simulated fantasy that we the player could never achieve in real life. Before, games didn't represent life or society, they were tiny bricks on a screen that formed vaguely familiar shapes, and the gameplay was similar to puzzle and skill based games of the past. Sure there are exceptions but with the rise in more and more realistic representations of humanity and or society, defeating the final puzzle, or boss, isn't nessisarilly the goal we as players look for.
>>
>>341419990
(Cont) we as humanity don't have a definitive end, a final goal. We have so many obstacles in life we face. So when games hit closer and closer to home, so does the shape of the gameplay. We don't face a final boss in life. We don't have this sort of "end goal". And games reflect that since they have the capability to with modern technology.
Plus MGSV was A shit game fuck you dude.
>>
>>341418645
Except you are not. Youre not the boss, you're not big boss.. youre just a medic.
>>
replaced by shitty cinematic QTEs
>>
>>341421497
No you are a medic that is big boss
>>
why come up with a clever and difficult encounter
when you can
have a QTE?
>>
>>341421497
Maybe not the boss, but a med boss.
>>
>>341418063
How would you guys feel if we found out ludens is what turned venom into a demon come outer heaven time?

If somehow fucking with time and space somehow affected his timeline and drove him to become insane and start doing demon shit. Too fanfiction-y or would you accept it?
>>
i'm still so fucking mad over the lack of boss fights in mgs V, you have an open world and don't take advantage of it in making some amazing boss fights?

The kojimbo of mgs 3 time would have made some great fucking bosses in V
>>
Bosses in Peace Walker were already the worst in the series.
Not sure if you really wanted to see how bad they were going to get in V
>>
>>341421497
The entire fucking point of the game is that Big Boss is Naked Snake and Venom Snake together
>>
>>341422627
Which is a rather dumb point.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.