[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dota 2 or LoL?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
List the pros and the cons of both games.
>>
>>341391843
i guess nobody likes either
>>
>>341391843
I play dota, so I'm biased and probably wrong on some points about LOL.

Dota pros:
More varied abilities and items.
Less strict meta.
More strategy in teamfights (I'm not a beast at league, but as far as I know its almost entirely numbers based)
Custom games I guess are pretty cool.
Free
More interesting mechanics like denying, stacking/pulling, buyback, among others.

Dota Cons:
They nerf heroes that people don't like, regardless of whether they actually need a nerf (techies).
I can't think of any other important ones that won't be covered in LoL's pros. They do exist though I'm just tired.

LoL pros:
Faster fights.
Jungle buffs are a thing, I don't understand them but I assume they are good.
Anivia is cool
Cons:
No interesting active items.
Most abilities are damage, stun or movement. Sometimes a combination. Nothing mechanically interesting.
Pay2ActuallyPlay
>>
>>341391843

Dota:

+It's fucking dota
-It's fucking dota

LoL
+It's not dota
-It's not dota
>>
I played LoL religiously and started playing Dota2 for awhile now.

I think I like Dota2 more, at least I have more fun on average playing it. I find the role enforcement of LoL to be annoying, where you have to have a Top Fighter/Mid Mage/Bot Adc/Supp Tank or Healer/Jung Assassin, meanwhile Dota2 is much more forgiving and just needs someone to occupy each lane at least. Also I think I like the champions of Dota2 more overall, I can remember playing LoL and wanting to play someone or a role and not being able to, having to play something else and kind of just going through the motions. Dota2, if I want to just play Juggernaut and have fun, I can do that.

However, the matchmaking for Dota2 is abysmally worse. It's a really common thing for people to disconnect or outright quit/rage quit, at least in my experience. And it happens even early on in the game, it's not uncommon for me to start a game, someone rages in the first 10 minutes, so you basically have to quit and find a whole new game. Meanwhile, in my playing it's quite uncommon in LoL even if your team is losing really badly, people will at least tough it out to the end.

So I guess each has it's merits, Dota2 is more fun to me, but LoL has much better matchmaking. I think at the end of the day, I'd rather play a game of LoL and feel assured that everyone is going to stay and it's going to go to completion, than a game of Dota2 hoping for the same thing and often not getting it.
>>
>>341393814
I play whatever character I want in any lane I want to I don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>341394046
Good for you!
>>
>>341394168
I'm not really liking your sarcastic attitude. I just wanted to have discussion here.
>>
>>341391843
LoL is really dumbed down in comparison.
Games are shorter but the game still feels slower.
Snowballing is much bigger.
Items are dull.
Builds and meta are more rigid.
Mechanics are simple.

One good thing going for LoL is that it's relatively easier to pick up, but that's thrown out the window when you still have to pay for champions.

I've played both over the last 3 years and I'm convinced the continued success of LoL is in sunk cost fallacy.
>>
>>341394405
I'm not being sarcastic, I'm saying it's good for you that you get to do whatever you want.

I however, don't see or share that experience.
>>
Heroes of the Storm
;_;
>>
>>341391843
Smite
>>
File: gon give it to ya.gif (2 MB, 454x372) Image search: [Google]
gon give it to ya.gif
2 MB, 454x372
you can't do this in league
>>
File: he let him go.gif (2 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
he let him go.gif
2 MB, 294x233
>>341398058
>>
File: echo.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
echo.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>341398178
dota allows for a lot of crazy and stupid things to happen. league seems to be afraid to make their abilities crazy, which makes me lose a lot of respect for it.
>>
>>341397348
this if you're new or don't really like mobas. it's easiest to pick up and most fun for casual play (and i don't mean casual in the sinfully condescending way people tend to say it)
>>
>>341391843
I play more LoL than Dota but defiantly one of the things i like more about Dota is you can buy items that have abilities that can counter someone or compliment your own character, where as in league all the items are pretty much just stats.
>>
>>341398414
what the fuck just happend
>>
>>341399023
Bunch of summons and illusions against Earthshaker. His ulty does more damage more units are in the area and dimwits clumped up together with the creeps, illusions and summons against him.
>>
>>341399023
Someone got SLAMED
>>
>>341391843
Ive played 100 hours of DOTA and at least 1000 of League of Losers

DOTA:
+Full F2P
+Large Champion Pool
+Huge Item Variety
+Aesthetically pleasing
+Can Hide in terrain and destroy it
-Champion Pool Intimidating, don't have time to adjust to all the champions
-Items can be overwhelming and some stuff is downright stupid (Item that gives 10 seconds of spell immunity for example)
-Champions don't feel as smooth when you play them (slower reaction time to clicks)

LoL:
+Runes and Masteries
+Summoners Spell
+Every champ have a home teleport spell
+Simplistic mechanics/item builds
+More champions released throughout the year
+Only 1 shop, no secret shop. (Personally find it annoying)
+Champion mechanics becoming more complex with newly released champs.
+Doesn't feel like some items are ridiculously overpowered
+More game modes, unique ones depending on time of year (DOTA has this to, not nearly as many)
-simplistic game play
-inability to deny farm from enemies
-more standardized meta and roles.

All in all, try both. Get a feel for both styles and see what suites you

I enjoy unlocking individual champions and being able to customize runes and mastery based on them. It gives you more motivation to learn about champions in the champion pool.

I also hated not having a home teleport, teleport scrolls are ridiculous.
>>
>>341398702
LoL items still have that element, but stats just have a lot more weight in LoL than they do in Dota which pidgeonholes each class into a set of items much more strongly
>>
>>341398414
>>341398058

Shit like this kills the desire to play DOTA for me.
>>
>>341392960
In DotA every fucking item seems to have an active that makes you purchase it.

In LoL the items are primarily stat based, with some actives put on items (without them being randomly tacked on for shits and giggles).

League is getting zanier abilities for its characters.
>>
>>341398058
It's called Tryndamere.
>>
>>341392960
>They nerf heroes that people don't like, regardless of whether they actually need a nerf (techies).

But they nerfed him to the ground?
>>
>>341398414
In LoL, the 15 year olds will spam the forums, support tickets, and report system with bs about 'op champs' which then get gutted next patch.

The other shitty thing is that they rework champs that don't need it, or had a genuinely unique, though simple, style to them and fuck it up by putting on random bullshit (RIP Mordekaiser, Poppy).
>>
>>341391843
Dota: Everything is better.

Leeg: I prefer their esports system because its more similar to my /sp/kino.
>>
>>341399023
AoE ultimate that does extra damage for each hero and hero summon in it's radius. Usually does enough damage to turn the fight in your favor and maybe kill off a squishy or two. Unless your enemies are retarded or unfortunate, in which case you get the fabled FIVE MAN MONSTER SLAM

Literally boner inducing.
>>
i only play heroes of the storm
>>
>>341399804
The kind of shit in the webm's isn't really common if you have at least half of your brain working. Both of those were examples of the team making stupid mistakes and getting rekt because of it.
>>
>>341400842
how did he pop into position
>>
>>341401508

Blink dagger, 2250g item that lets you blink over a short distance, provided you weren't damaged by enemy heroes in the last 3 seconds.

Obviously it's a core item for him.
>>
>>341401826
>short

1200 range is pretty insane for league standards.
>>
>>341401974

Perhaps but LoL's map is smaller compared to DotA's. It makes items like TP scrolls important part of game balance.
>>
I stopped playing LoL about 3 years ago, because it became apparent Riot no longer gave a fuck about their game, the fans, or competitive balance.

This was just how I felt, fast forward 3 years and there's over 400 champions and they removed ranked solo queue because retarded reddit faggots kept complaining about "MUH ELO HELL THO! SOLO Q RANKED ISNT FAIR! REEEE"

DotA Pros
-Has Ranked solo Q

LoL Cons
-Doesn't have ranked solo Q
>>
There is literally nothing League does that makes it better than Dota.
>>
>>341405523
Leauge of Legends have fund with the cosmetics of the game, something i wish for Dota 2

people threw such a shitfit over TF2, that fun can never be explored in cosmetic and design ever again, apparently
>>
Pros: none
Cons: you're a fucking faggot if you play this cancer inducing, industry killing genre
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.