[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Backlog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: masochysteria.jpg (23 KB, 520x360) Image search: [Google]
masochysteria.jpg
23 KB, 520x360
Over 100 games in my backlog and I can't decide what to play.

How do you overcome this, /v/?
>>
File: 768765875979.jpg (81 KB, 1268x950) Image search: [Google]
768765875979.jpg
81 KB, 1268x950
>>341248775
Just play something geez.
>>
>>341248775
If you actually don't enjoy games at the moment then take a break from videogames. I took a very long break and returned to gaming only like 2-3 years ago.

If you actually still enjoy playing games, then stop buying everything right away, and don't feel compelled to play every game in your backlog. Simply play whatever you're in the mood for. And don't force yourself to finish a game just so that you can tick it off your list. It's also okay to take a break from a game and to finish it up later (or not at all). After all, playing games is supposed to be fun.
>>
>>341248775
>How do you overcome this, /v/?

Realistically, you probably never will. You'll just keep piling on game after game on the backlog until you'll even be lucky to get through around 30% of them. As you get older, you'll find that you just don't have enough time to finish everything.

My advice is to pick the ones that seem the most interesting to you and try your best to at least finish those. If you find that the current game is boring you, then move on to a different game.
>>
>>341249667
>My advice is to pick the ones that seem the most interesting to you and try your best to at least finish those.

See, there's my problem. I don't know. I can't decide where to start. It's not lack of interest, it's indecisiveness.
>>
>>341250171
use gets to decide duh
>>
>>341250171
>assign every game a number
>go to random.org
>select range from 1-xxx
>play what will be decided for you
>>
>>341248775
organize them by release date and/or group them by franchise

just get started on one, and let it captivate you

I've been backlogging very seriously in recent years, 2016 has been slow as fuck because life, but in 2015 I finally achieved the point where there was not a single game released before the PS2, that I had left unplayed in my backlog.
>>
File: rememberme.jpg (268 KB, 902x960) Image search: [Google]
rememberme.jpg
268 KB, 902x960
>>341248775
I feel your pain anon, I have the same thing and end up looking a0t my games for an hour deciding what to play.
what I end up doing in situations like t0ha0t is just0 playing loads of different games until one catches me.
I had it recently after playing overwatch.
I played gravity rush and plat it, then played ghostbusters game, then thought fuck it and played ass creed 1, and after a few kills went to dishonored, played that twict then styx master of shadows, afte a few levels went back to dishonored and back again.
now I am finishing styx a level by level, shit posting then deciding what to play next.

tl;dr just play loads of games a little bit until one catches you
>>
>>341249313
solid advice there anon.
i took a hiatus from major gaming afger travelling for 5-6 years, I only played Rome total war, morrowind C&C and snes emulators on my travel laptop.
after I settled down I had such a backlog of games to get into I still have the backlog.
I love vidya though, so it is not a problem to me,
>>
>>341248775
remove games you realistically won't ever get to, only write down the ones you definitely will and hopefully you forget about other games over time, make a smaller priority backlog of only a few games at a time, etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.