[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People calling the new Resident Evil a PT ripoff when that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
>People calling the new Resident Evil a PT ripoff when that wasn't even a real game

Are you faggots fucking serious?
You can't rip off something that never went past the concept stage.
>>
File: Sony Just.jpg (76 KB, 580x670) Image search: [Google]
Sony Just.jpg
76 KB, 580x670
>>341241596
PT is a a blair witch project rip off anyway.

Kojima is a hack!
>>
>>341241596
I'm actually pretty sure that's how ripping off went throughout most of industrialized history. >"Hey I have an idea for a moderately more efficient engine design."
>Meet with an executive of a company to explain it.
>Get rejected
>Executive applies the concepts and claims its their invention.

Though I don't have any love for TP, nor Resident Evil 7: Ghost Hunters. So I'll continue to use whatever feels most disparaging.
>>
>>341241596

The capcom execs prob had Kojima's blessing backstage.

>"Yes, hurt Konami more, show them how idiots they were!"
>5 minds later
>"the complete madman they actually gone and done it!"
>>
>>341241596
>never went past the concept stage
a playable demo is WAY past a "concept stage"
>>
I just thought it looked kind of similar to Fox Engine, I don't think it's a ripoff
>>
>>341242621
PT: Playable Teaser

not demo anon
>>
File: 487487.jpg (76 KB, 1294x615) Image search: [Google]
487487.jpg
76 KB, 1294x615
That was just an introduction to the story people.
It's still an action game.
>>
>>341243051

don't be fatuous, a demon is a playable teaser too
next you'll tell me MGS:GZ wasn't a demo of 5
>>
>>341243151
Hope so, we don't need another outlast
>>
>>341241596
it literally opens the exact same way with the character getting up off the floor, beat for beat. they couldn't even be subtle about it. this thing's going to be a disaster, a mishmash of whatever they could ripoff with no original thought whatsoever.
>>
>>341243254
Why do people argue that it was okay for silent hills to be different and first person because "the main game wasn't going to be like this" but then when people say the same thing about REVII people start going NO ITS THE FINAL PRODUCT SLENDER FNAF LE PEWDIEPIE RE IS DEAD I CANT BELIEVE THEY TRAMPLED THIS UNSOILED FRANCHISE
>>
I just hope the rest of the game is much more resident evil
>>
so i guess you're oblivious to the thousands of indie pt clones huh
>>
>>341243254
Nigger MGS:GZ was a $30 Demo teased years in advance of its release.

PT showed up mysteriously during E3 for marketing hype.

To even say the 2 are similar proves how retarded you are. Kojima never intended 1st hallway shit person to be the final form of SilentHills.
>>
>the new re is shown
>no one can actually say why it's bad without spouting memes and buzzwords
>and now veryone is pretending that the mainline series hasn't been dead for years now

I don't know why this of all things makes me feel like this but I think after all this time I'm finally done with with this site
>>
I really like this new game, can't wait until Markiplier letsplays it!
>>
It's obvious this game is made for VR.

That's why they went FP. They tried to make it horror focused again, OT and Amnesia brings in the youtubers, and Kitchen demo had good reactions last year.

RE7 isn't a game that features a VR mode. It's a VR game that can be played without it.
>>
The demo is 2spooky for me.
I just got the backdoor key after the tape and im hearing noises that shit stresses me out.

Im not used to playing horror games.
>>
>>341241596
Copyright
Trademark
Patent

You cheeky cunt
>>
>>341244564
>actually trying to talk about the game
shut up fucking faggot why don't you go watch pewdiepie play it and then go play some more slender you sjw
>>
>>341244460
It's strange though that they're referring to it as a mainline title, if it was just a VR project wouldn't make more sense to consider it a spin off?
>>
File: 1463796686473.png (26 KB, 519x526) Image search: [Google]
1463796686473.png
26 KB, 519x526
>>341244127
Always remember when a new game releases

>Did FROM Software make it?
>Is it a JRPG?
>Is it a niche-as-fuck indie game, such as a dating sim?
>Is anime involved in any way at all?

If the answer to all of the above is 'no' then /v/ will hate it
>>
>>341244127

Yeah, not like your post is a dumb as fuck strawman with nothing but namecalling anyway.

There's a limit to how much you can name new IPs with older glorious labels, and they have obviously surpassed it. This is like making a tps and calling it Final Fantasy which actually happened.

It can be as good as you want, it is NOT Resident Evil. It's like they thought

>What's that? You claim RE4 is no longer a RE game? Fine, we'll show you how "not RE" a RE can actually be.

Or they just made a shitty spooker for youtube and used the RE name to call in liberal mongoloids "open to new ideas" which aren't new anyway, just recycled.
>>
File: Resi5-1.jpg (982 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Resi5-1.jpg
982 KB, 1920x1080
>>341243808
Fucking this. If I wanted to play a horror game I'd play fucking Five Nights at Freddys. I just wanna blow up hordes of zombies and mutants with giant guns!
>>
>>341245002
>It can be as good as you want, it is NOT Resident Evil
Says who? You? Didn't know you were the authority on what is and isn't a RE game
>>
>>341244765
s-sorry
>>
>>341244818
>It's strange though that they're referring to it as a mainline title, if it was just a VR project wouldn't make more sense to consider it a spin off?

I think the complaints about RE being too much generic action got to them after RE6 sold less than RE5.

They looked back at the series and said "Boy people sure do like that RE4 game! Let's be crazy and change up the series again!"

RE4 was such a huge success for them that doing something drastic to the franchise is what they think will bring it back again. They have said that the aging RE demographic is a huge concern for them, and after RE4 it got a big jolt. So they are now trying to modernize it again.
>>
Do we know who the main characters are yet? None of the people from the Demo right? That is just a set up?
>>
>>341244127
See you in an hour.
>>
>>341245023
I know remember how f**king epic that game was? Kids these days just don't understand what Resident Evil is really about
>>
>>341245272
Yeah but I'm talking about the VR aspect, if the game is really built from the gound up for VR it might aswell fail if VR fails, and VR is setting up to fail pretty hard. I don't know, I don't think Capcom would take such risks.
>>
>>341241596
PT? It looks like Condemned.
>>
>>341241596
True
>>
>>341245441
>I don't think Capcom would take such risks.

Not alone they would, but I bet they got Sony's full support on this one. Having RE7 as a game to sell people on VR? That's big. And even if they fail the game will be playable without it, just not maybe the ideal experience.
>>
>>341245738
Well the game is already confirmed to be multiplatform, so I don't think Sony is backing them.
>>
>>341245198

Your shitpost is exactly why they named a new IP "Resident Evil 7", to have suckers in denial defend it for free. It happens for literally all dead series like RE is now.

The popularity of a series is based on what it was when it became popular. It can undergo some changes due to the increase in technology and userbase, but it must never forget what it was that made it popular.

""RE""7" has got nothing to do with RE. RE was a survival horror (focus was on survival as much as it was on horror) before technology could allow better third person combat, and it evolved with the times, this is just a shitty psychological "OMG SOMEONE WALKED PAST THE DOOR O.O" spooker they don't have the balls to call anything else because it would bomb so fucking hard a deaf person suspended in midair would feel the full blast of.
>>
IGN thinks the game should be a hard reboot and not called Resident Evil 7, what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMmNleolaTQ
>>
>>341246094

It should be a new ip and if it bombs and they bankrupt, so be it.
>>
>>341245847
I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

VR is still such a young market that you want all the exposure possible. Even if RE7 has VR support in other versions it would still be in Sony's interest to support it. Because PlayStation VR needs games like RE7 if it wants to succeed. It needs "Oh you gotta play this" titles.
>>
>>341246151
I honestly don't think horror games will have success with VR, in concept it looks cool, but if you ever tried VR in your life you'll know that it's almost impossible to play anything horror in it.
>>
>>341246073
>OMG A DOG JUMPED THROUGH THE WINDOW O.O
>OMG A ZOMBIE GOT UP WHEN I GRABBED THE ITEM O.O
Just because the horror was different does not make it any better.
>>
>>341246272
Honestly I have no idea but Capcom obviously seem to think so.

I'm sure they think this will fly well in the LP culture.
>>
>>341246636
>I'm sure they think this will fly well in the LP culture.

It might, but not with VR stuff for sure, nobody wants to play scary games with VR, imagine if P.T. was a VR game? It could even end up being banned in a some countries.
>>
>>341246739
>>341246636
You can't have reaction videos of people wearing VR Masks
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.