[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is up with this series? I played the first one years ago,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: shiren-logo.jpg (33 KB, 450x204) Image search: [Google]
shiren-logo.jpg
33 KB, 450x204
What is up with this series? I played the first one years ago, I searched if there was ever a sequel to it only to learn that out of the 5 entries, on 1,3 and 5 have come to the west.

To anyone who has played the third game and now the fifth one, how are those 2 games?
>>
>out of 5 entries

Hah! There are way more than 5 if you want to count the spinoff and the dragon quest one

Anyway the first game on the snes (which also got ported on the ds) it's one of my favourite game ever and i seriously recomend you to play it op

The third one (which was on Wii and got a psp port that's japan only) is sadly not that great, so if you played that and didn't think much about it give the original a chance

I haven't played 5 because i don't own a vita but it was originaly a DS game

Anyway if you have any question just ask
>>
>>340863581
>I haven't played 5 because i don't own a vita but it was originaly a DS game
>not owning a Vita
>>
>>340863581

I did played and adored the first one. I'm just asking about the ones that got released on the west. Also what are these spinoffs and the dragon quest?
>>
>>340864518
anything with the name "mystery dungeon" in it, is basically a shiren spinoff, for example pokemon mystery dungeon.
>>
>>340864680

I only played a little of pokemon mystery dungeon. The length of the animations turned me off. Also I heard that the games were too easy. Was there even permadeath in those games? Besides Shiren the Wanderer, the first one, what other mystery dungeon games do you recommend?
>>
>>340864906
>>
>>340864518

The dragon quest spinoffs are called torneko mystery dungeon, the first one got fantranslated and the second got an actual english release, the rest are japan only, the last one even had a young yangus as the protagonist

The second shiren on DS is based on the second Gameboy game rather than shiren 2 (which is on the N64) it has a menù fantranslation which is enough if you are dedicate

Other than these games the only game that got released are the Pokémon spin-off and etrian odyssey spinoff which differs from the original

The chocobo mystery dungeon game aren't made by the same dev but carry the same name and style of gameplay, i particulary recomend the one on the Wii
>>
>>340865720

Thanks.

I'll dig around these games then. What I really hate about console roguelikes is how slow animations are. The NDS had a decent length on the animations. I just want to get down to business with these games. That's why I love classic roguelikes.
>>
>>340865720

Oh yeah i forgot, there is also a tower of druaga mystery dungeon game but it's shit and the people that translated it removed all the hints to solve puzzle because they were stupid jerks

You might want to check it out of curiosity but seriously don't bother
>>
File: Azure_Dreams_Coverart.png (138 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Azure_Dreams_Coverart.png
138 KB, 256x256
play Azure Dreams instead
>>
Also, do any of those games have daunting quests like the Fey Final Puzzle?
>>
>>340866236

The animations in this seem horrendously long
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.