[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this game, huge Spidey fan and I've never played.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 256x320
Just bought this game, huge Spidey fan and I've never played. What am I in for?
>>
File: Electro.png (408 KB, 480x425) Image search: [Google]
Electro.png
408 KB, 480x425
>>340818945
Easily the best 7th gen Spider-man game, but also a mediocre at best game.

The swinging is actually pretty good and the aerial combat is great. I genuinely loved the Vulture and Electro fights.

However, the game itself quickly peaks after this and once the symbiote invasion gets into swing, the game starts to run like shit. Once you get to the full blown invasion, prepare for sub 10 fps gameplay.

Also, it has some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard in a game. Spidey's VA was a fucking travesty.

Personally I thought the symbiotes infecting literally everyone from the comic so you could fight them again was really stupid, but you might get a kick out of it if you're a 90s kid and think Venom and Carnage aren't retard characters.
>>
go all dark for best ending
>>
>>340819661
Mary Jane is best girl

Fuck off
>>
>>340818945
the worst spiderman yet. Bonus points if you got the wii version, you'll be screaming at the nunchuck all night.
>>
I hated it desu.

Peter parker of all marvel characters isnt some dark edgy teenager who can't differentiate his goals from hero/villain, You can play that card with adult heroes like batman, or the avengers, but Spider man is and will always be lighthearted and campy. He's a fucking kid swinging around new york on webs, why does he need some bullshit grimdark story about symbiotes?

Venom was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>340819391
>Electro fight
>Chase electro while he screams "EYYYAAAAAGGGGGH" a million times in the same exact voice clip

Yeah no.
>>
That box art is fucking horrible
>>
Web of shadows is pretty good but it's writing is fanfiction tier. Venom is evil, Spidey is good, choose your side etc.

Its web swinging is a step down from Spidey 2 and Ultimate, and you're forced to save every random mook if you want the good ending, which is inferior to the bad ending in every way anyways.

Its pretty meh, but if you're a spidey fan just looking for some fun, it'll keep you occupied.
>>
>>340818945
>huge spidey fan

Saturday morning cartoon/60's spidey? or Dark realistic 90's onward spidey?
>>
>>340821248
>Its web swinging is a step down from Spidey 2
That's true
>and Ultimate
That's false
>>
File: image.jpg (344 KB, 620x865) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
344 KB, 620x865
>>340821384
Story wise? Probably Kraven's last hunt but that's probably real edge. So maybe this game is right up my alley. I like Mcfarlene's art but not his story telling for spiderman
>>
>>340822351
Yeah you'll probably enjoy it then.

Shattered dimensions is really good too if you want a more charismatic spidey banter beat em up with great choices for bosses and diverse level styles.
>>
>>340818945
>What am I in for?

play it and find out dumbass
>>
Navigating the city is really annoying because there are eventually 100s of monotonous events that you have to deal with that pop up at random and if you ignore them you lose hero karma so you might as well just plan to go the evil path. Combat isn't great but serviceable.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.