[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone tried the demo for Resident Evil 7 yet? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (39 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
39 KB, 960x540
Has anyone tried the demo for Resident Evil 7 yet? I'm pretty stoked on the direction they are going. Since Konami cancelled Silent Hills its nice to see Capcom do their own thing with their idea. Its the first time I've played a RE game and actually felt tension and fear since RE 3 and this time it felt better honestly.

I don't understand the people shit talking. A lot of it was due to lack of combat in the demo. So the tards think its gonna be an Outlast or Amnesia clone.. but if you actually played it right, you'd know that's not true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9y__VIu7iw

Anyway...I've gotten a few different endings. Like the one with the phone call about choices and the photo of the helicopter. Was that the Umbrella logo on the chopper? It seems like a throw back to an old game idk why.

BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THAT DUMMY FINGER IS FOR?!??!! JESUS CHRIST!
>>
>>341439219
I'm okay with the direction this game is going. Gotta try something new once in a while.
>>
>>341439219
There are multiple endings? I got the one where I found the tape, watched it, used the lever in the fireplace, got the key but didn't go down the ladder, then I went to the door and got punched in the face by a deformed fuck. It was pretty spooky and I'm definitely looking forward to it. How do you get the extra endings?
>>
The use for the finger hasn't been found yet. Item description mentions it's made of celluloid, which seems like an odd thing to mention unless that info is meant to be useful somehow. People seem to think there must be some way to melt it and get whatever is inside.

I'm at work so I can't test any ideas out right now but I've got a couple theories I'm wanting to look into later.

The fuse disappears after completing the tape. Since things like unlocking the drawer affect the present day, I'm wondering if the fuse can be found somewhere in the tape and not finding it is what prompts it's disappearance.

And the door to the right when you leave the room with the TV doesn't open, but it's not boarded up like the others that are clearly unusable. You can press against it and it gives a bit but it's locked. I'm wondering if there's some sort of trigger to unlock that.
>>
>>341440047
yes you can find the fuse and go to the attic to i suggest giving it a try!
>>
>>341440047
There is no ladder to go down in the present. If you go into that hidden room before completing the tape, the missing fuse can be found to the left. Put that in the fuse box and you can use the switch to drop down the stair to the attic. A phone up there rings and will play one of 3 (that have been found) messages. Then when you try to leave the guy finds you and does his welcome to the family bit.

Those endings are apparently meant to be failures and there is supposed to be an actual ending.
>>
>>341440168
At this point im wondering if the rest of the mysteries are just red herrings. You gotta figure SOMEONE would have solved them and posted them by now....But I hope im wrong I like your theories. I feel like searching more in the video section may solve something..
>>
i would be fine with all of it, except first person is a dealbreaker. never liked fps, not going to start now
>>
>>341440434
if you only walk backwards after you answer the call you can almost get to the back door. I never did but I got close...probably isnt anything but still.
>>
>>341440168
>>341440434
wow this demos got more content than it seemed
>>
>>341440714
yessirr. still got a few things that aren't fully figured out its pretty cool.
>>
If I want to play good Resident evil games, do I get the Zero HD, Resident evil HD and Resident evil 4?
>>
>>341440897
everyone has a different opinion of good. I like those first two choices but I think 4 is one of the worst.
>>
>>341440560
Well there's clearly something we haven't found. I know /v/ likes to pretend Reddit is the devil, but the RE subreddit has a pretty big thread compiling known info and theories if anyone is interested.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrV46f-h4FY
>>
>>341440696
If you walk backwards and the go back to the tape, the guy will never spawn but it seems most people agree that's more likely to be a bug than an actual intended means of progression.
>>
>>341440974
You honestly think 4 itself was bad, or the impact it had on the entire series going forward?
>>
>>341440980
ill have to check that out, nice.

Reddit is trash for most things but when it comes to video games at least they arent all just shit posting.
>>
>Resident EVII: Biohazard
Is the Jap title "Biohazardo Sebun: Residento Ebiru"
>>
>>341441478
Yes
>>
>>341441304
I didn't enjoy playing it because it was too easy but yes a lot of it has to do with where it led the series too.
>>
File: l15nxsqaxbywfee2ft4l.jpg (89 KB, 800x503) Image search: [Google]
l15nxsqaxbywfee2ft4l.jpg
89 KB, 800x503
>>341441478
>>
>>341441127
no shit? yeah it does sound like a bug but a cool one that may help discover something. ill have to check that out. I'm assuming if you get the key and try to leave he will pop up?
>>
>>341441852
Yeah, he'll still pop up there, it just circumvents the spawn triggered by the phone.
>>
>>341442073
ahh bummer
>>
>>341439219
Capcom is saying the teaser won't be in the final product.

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11940734/resident-evil-7-biohazard-e3-2016
>>
>>341439219
kill yourself
>>
>>341439219
Is there any jump scares in this shit?
>>
>>341444740
newfag
>>341445420
hundreds they are yuge
>>
What exactly happened to Andre?
>>
>>341447135
That taught him how to suck pipe it looked like.
>>
What are the endings?
>>
>>341441762
lol

I'm not sure if this is real. Is the Jap name really Biohazard: Residn
>>
The finger is useless.

Final version will have at least 5 gun types, along with some melee weapons.

You haven't even scratched the surface of the game yet.
>>
>>341447512
Yep, the 7 is part of the title too.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohazard7/
>>
Are there any endings besides the key front door welcome to the family, and the fuse phone upper door welcome to the family? Those seem to be the only ones on youtube.
>>
>>341440897
Depends on what you prefer.

If you want pure god-tier atmosphere and tension, go with REmake.

If you want what is essentially the perfect video game blending action and horror with cheesy but fun B-movie tropes, go with RE4.

You can't go wrong with either, but I'd much prefer RE4. Mostly because it hit a bunch of high notes that no other game in the franchise or any other franchise has ever hit again.
>>
>>341441312
Have you seen r/gaming? It's some of the cringiest shit I've ever witnessed.
>>
>>341447786
The demo can only end with the dad punch. There are no other endings. People will try to find a "true" ending, but that IS the true ending.
>>
>>341447404
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, SON!
>>
Is there a way to play this without plus? I already used my free trial ages ago.
>>
>>341447984
No, you need plus! Come on, it's the current gen!
>>
>>341447637
Since you know so much about the demo, what's this wall used for? There's a ring on the wall, and if you hit the part near the ring there's no marks left behind as if it's a hidden door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlOT4U4c3zo
>>
Are people OK they're not using super soldiers like Chris, but instead using defenseless faggots like the three stooges on the VHS tape?

I hope this isn't the case for the main game.
>>
Really liking the direction they're going. It's not as mindfuck as P.T, it's more straight horror than anything else.

Don't know why this isn't as big an announcement as it should be in terms of hype.
>>
>>341448464
It's a breakable wall. Useless in the demo.
>>
>>341447637
>Final version

this is the "final" version of what you play

This is an independent demo, not part of the full game.
>>
>Really liking the direction they're going
This and 'welcome to the family" are the new RE7 memes of the summer.
>>
>>341448690
It's not a part of the full game, but majority of it is going to be in the full game nevertheless.

You'll see.
>>
>>341448612
thanks for the info shill!
>>
>>341448585
RE6 killed all the hype
>>
>>341439219
>>341439776
It's a teaser. The game isn't going to be in first person and you can tell it was put togheter rather quckly. It's a middle finger to konami.

It was great though.
>>
What if you need previous RE game save files to activate a secret ending? What's even the point of the load bullshit on a demo.
>>
I really liked it. I'm not a massive RE fan so I'm not too miffed about them changing direction like this, in fact I'm happy to see it stray from the past two games.
If anyone is worried about the game not having any action, though, you should know that there are weapons in the demo and even an aim assist option in the settings. So I'm certain there will be some shooting and combat, but it'll most likely be similar to the earlier games rather than being what RE6 was.

>>341440168
>>341440560
One of the staff members said that not every item has a use. If you play as the guy from the trailer in the whole game the finger may have a use later on, or they could just have items that don't do anything to throw you off. I'm sure people will experiment a bit but it's very possible there's stuff in there that doesn't actually do anything.
>>
>>341447984
The demo is 20 minutes long, includes like 4 rooms, not worth it
>>
>>341449058
>What's even the point of the load bullshit on a demo.
To display how the VR and gameplay of the "actual game" are going to work, according to Capcom after they they read some of feedback from the trailer and demo.
>The demo has nothing to do with the real game
I smell bullshit, but we've got no choice to believe until we see more.
>>
>>341448506
Dev confirmed you play as an average Joe.
>>
>>341439219
if you actually think the axe and dummy finger is used for something then you are delusional as hell. its fucking capcom for fucks sake. there is nothing to it.

if its serial killer enemies again i cba, "welcome to the family"

Wow that was probably the biggest fucking let down i have ever seen
>>
>>341449359
they stated the demos narrative is a standalone meaning we wont be Clancy. I think hes gonna be a antagonist myself The gameplay itself is represented in the demo.
>>
>>341449693
>they stated the demos narrative is a standalone meaning we wont be Clancy
I'm just curious literally anything from the demo will be featured in the game. Story-wise, I mean.
>>
>>341450098
Probably not... the demo is most likely going to be the staging ground for an ARG that leads to the release of the game.
>>
>>341449693
>we wont be Clancy
We don't play as Clancy in the demo too...
>>
>>341439219
I loved it, although I kind of wish Capcom made this a new title. We desperately need new games and I can only see people being disappointed when they buy Resident Evil and get this.
>>
Where is this Umbrella helicopter I keep hearing about?
>>
So this how Tom Clancy actually died.

wow
>>
Insider here; I not really allowed to say anything, but you guys literraly make me sad, and since I don't want that you people waste any more time i would answer the holy question: the finger does nothing, it is simple the first item you found and it was meant to help the player to familiarize with the menu,the item managment and the item inspection. Nothing more.

I know that most, if not all, of you won't believe me, but it is what it is.

Sorry if my english is not perfect, i am not my mother tongue.
>>
>>341450928

*it is not my mother tonge, sorry.
>>
>>341450652
on a photo in the attic
>>
>>341450629
I don't think anyone is going to be surprised by this... RE actually did used to be survival horror instead of what it became by 6. I think it might be interesting to go back to being in the same genre as Silent Hill
>>
>>341450928
And?
Keep going
>>
>>341450928
bullshit
>>
>low budget cashgrab to capitalize on the VR fad
Thanks, Capcom.
>>
>>341450928
This is true. Also the axe just demos to the player that they will have weapons that can damage things.
>>
Why the fuck are there ghosts in a resident evil game?
>>
>>341449014
It is going to be first person. They confirmed this in an article.
>>
>>341451236
ok then, "insiders",what is the deal with the O in the shadows upstairs?
>>
>>341449693
am true
give up on finger
only waste of time and frustration
axe is useless too, only to tell game has combat
>>
>>341451289
Stop this meme, there no ghosts in the game
It's like you never player it
Even worse than people who think that we play as a Clancy in the daytime
>>
>>341451326
i already told you
breakable object in main game
useless in demo
probably a bug in demo
>>
>>341451289
I'm fine with them backing away from Wesker-type demi-gods and 50 foot tall mutants. I don't think 5 or 6 were even trying to be horror.
>>
>>341451489
its been confirmed though that the house from the demo will not be present in the game, right? so that makes no sense.
>>
I think I've found some hidden audio. When in the tape, turn down the music and sound effects. Leave the voice on. At the end of one of his breaths, you can here a scrambled message. It's definitely a voice and it's only while in the tape. Someone with the demo and some audio software should get on this pronto!
>>
File: 1381763843437.jpg (134 KB, 495x394) Image search: [Google]
1381763843437.jpg
134 KB, 495x394
http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-7-guns-herbs-e3/

It's official. Resident Evil is now a VR Condemned 2.
>>
>>341451326
I actually don't know what the shadow thing is.
>>
>>341451437

There is, at least, one ghost in the teaser demo.

Also, I really hope that what this 'insider' said is a lie, because if it is true then i waste 10 fucking hours for nothing.
>>
>>341451724
it has only been confirmed that demo is not part of the full game
it is not confirmed if the assets are part of the full game or not
>>
>>341451489
Do you realize the house will not be in the final game right? you're an """insider""" you should know these things.
>>
I dont own a PS4, can someone link a good playthrough of the entire demo?
>>
>>341451965
if you know but think i dont know
you would know that the house is in the full game
>>
I can't fucking continue, it's way too spooky
>>
>>341451724
It's not so much the assets, it's the mechanics. If you see this demo you might wonder if the full game will have some ability to interact with the environment that isn't context sensitive. The axe shows you that you will.
>>
I still can't fucking believe they actually did it.

I mean holy shit, they actually did it.

They took their BIGGEST franchise, and made a complete fucking heel turn, one which puts RE4 to shame. They are taking the franchise in a direction many old fans already hate and that new fans might not even like, and their not even pulling the reboot or spin-off card. If this game flops it could literally sink Capcom, they are literally betting it all on this game.

The absolute fucking madmen.
>>
>>341452058
if thats the case, and there really is nothing more to the demo.. then why didn't the ending show the full 'Kitchen' footage?
>>
File: hell.png (331 KB, 611x614) Image search: [Google]
hell.png
331 KB, 611x614
>>341439219
Not one fan asked for or wanted a first person walking simulator. They're only doing this to capitalize off of the PT fags that were abandoned by Konami. "we're going back to our roots" AYYLMAO, kill yourself. I wont support this series unless its true to real RE games. You walking simulator jumpscare retards can kill yourselves.

Even if it has combat its still not resident evil, as it'd just be a fucking first person shooter. WHICH ALSO, NO ONE FUCKING ASKED RESIDENT EVIL TO BE EXCEPT THE MOTHERFUCKING NEWGEN FAGGOTS.

I'm so done, I fucking hate videogames, I hate this industry, I hate corporations, I hate the wiggers and normalfags this shit sells out to. I hope to god these companies start somehow pissing off muslims so they get blown up or some shit.
>>
I wish more people put out p.t. esque demos that are giant riddles. It's fun getting together and figuring it all out
>>
>>341451881
>There is, at least, one ghost in the teaser demo
If you mean the one you can se on the tape, it's fucking hallucination and you can see it 7 times
If you mean strange shit during daytime, you wake up in the room with used syringe near, take a fucking guess what really happens around
>>
>>341440168
can you use it on the keyhole in the kitchen?
>>
File: Eh.jpg (5 KB, 153x199) Image search: [Google]
Eh.jpg
5 KB, 153x199
I have really mixed feelings about this RE. I really like the atmosphere and the tension in it but at the same time it didn't really stuck in me for some kind of originality. It reminded me of those first-person horror games such as Amnesia and Outlast, and while they're really atmospheric they share a similar issue.

I'm fine with some of the changes like the main character not being a super strong person like Chris Redfield but a weaker and more sympathethic John Doe, but at the same time it didn't either hit me as a new RE game. Heck, when I saw the trailer for the first time I was thinking this was going to be a new Condemned.
>>
>>341452196
>Even if it has combat its still not resident evil, as it'd just be a fucking first person shooter.
Like Code Veronica?
>>
>>341452105
After PT came out it showed that there was a big thirst for exactly this kind of game. Not an Amnesia or Outlast-like. Kojima took the risk with Konami (or the other way around depending on how you feel about it) and now Capcom can make a pretty safe call.
>>
>>341451752
Anyone?!
>>
>>341452195
Because ARG incoming
>>
File: Go back to your hole.png (258 KB, 418x319) Image search: [Google]
Go back to your hole.png
258 KB, 418x319
>>341452387
What the fuck are you on about? Code veronica was a normal resident evil. You thinking of umbrella chronicals or gun survivor which are spinoff RAIL SHOOTERS that FAILED?
>>
Pic or video of upstairs shadow pls.
>>
>>341452196
Remember when people spazzed out over resi 4 not having zombies and being a 3rd person action horror game. Good times those were.
>>
https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/743114043859181569

Get fucked "insider"
You pretending piece of shit
>>
>>341452642
people dont remember about it here because theyre all like 10 years old
>>
>>341451752
you should post that in other threads anon
someone might do it
>>
>>341439219
I'm looking forward to trying the VR play of it today at e3
>>
>>341452642
Yeah and look what it lead to. Fan complaints, normalfag catering with 5 and 6, and eventually this shit which ISN'T RESIDENT EVIL.

>B-BUT MUH SALES
Sales mean nothing, that'd be like saying the Wii wasn't trash because it sold 100million units. Fuck a corporations money.
>>
If nobody figures out how to use the finger Capcom will leak it anonymously pretending to be gamers on 2ch.
>>
>>341452706
staff is fucking with him
ask maximilian to ask the director
>>
File: 1380774825707.jpg (6 KB, 344x240) Image search: [Google]
1380774825707.jpg
6 KB, 344x240
Just finished the demo.
>No zombies
>No b.o.w's
>No creepy soundtrack
>No guns
>No combat demonstration in the demo
>Blair Witch-esque story telling
>walking/urban exploration simulator
>inane puzzles (I love puzzles, but these suck)
>hallucinations and hillbillies
>VR
>mfw
Man, now that's what I call a Resident Evil game!
>>
>>341452774
Resi was feeling dried as fuck and stale after 0. 4 gave it a breath of fresh air but that formula died up with 6. It's only natural for them to try something new again now.
>>
>>341441745
Game can be anything but easy on higher difficulties. RE4 is a good game on its own right.
>>
>>341452765
I would if there was another thread. The last one died.
>>
http://youtu.be/h_5kwX0LZAc
WE COULD HAVE HAD THIS BUT NOOO THEY WANTED TO SHOE HORN VR GIMMICK
>>
File: 1458348372949.jpg (70 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
1458348372949.jpg
70 KB, 599x600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcibcOwatBI

HOW?
O
W
?
>>
>>341452519
Nope, Code Veronica.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLC0mYl9xgc
>>
>>341453594
a game about shooting ghosts to death woule be pretty funny
>>
>>341453080
yeah i dont see why people are bumming it hard.

it has potential to the best game in years but all you did was grab a key from behind a fireplace while another shit tier enemy introduced in the series grabs you.

6/10 demo
>>
File: 1464629007139.png (1 MB, 1000x1581) Image search: [Google]
1464629007139.png
1 MB, 1000x1581
>>341439219
So it's agreed that we aren't playing as Clancy and the tape is made several months before the current event.

Also you can stop the video at anytime. Maybe you can discover new things if you watch it multiple times. Or even change some of the present day events.
>>
>>341453649
brb uninstalling the demo
>>
>>341453649
>back door leads to nothing no path no cars nothing
still fucked, even if these damn ghosts weren't holding you back
>>
>>341453649
clipped through obviously
>>
>>341453080
>>No zombies
Your friend gets killed by one in the end. What are you talking about?

>>No guns
I heard that some people found a shotgun in the demo. Not sure if that's true though.
>>No combat demonstration in the demo
Note how the demo is called "tape: 1". Maybe they're going to release more demos as time goes on.
>>Blair Witch-esque story telling
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
>>walking/urban exploration simulator
I thought RE was about exploration?
>>
>>341454262
The door is open so he must have clipped through the invisible polygon that triggers the script, or caused a menu bug when he used the key, or something.
>>
>>341454347
What if episodic Resi 7.
>>
>>341454262
it still means that there's no third ending in the demo, since there's nothing outside the house.
>>
>>341453080
Imagine a RE game that begins with you walking around in a house in the woods solving item puzzles
>>
>>341454537
The game already has an actual release date, so no. I don't think so.
>>
>>341454537
I heard from several sources they were doing it the same way they did RE: Revelations 2, but I'm not positive.
>>
>>341454596
Well the ending, if it exists, definitely wouldn't involve you getting out of the house since they wouldn't make a whole outdoor environment just for a secret ending.
>>
>>341454476
well, yeah. Glitched through in some way anyway. I remember that PT had some kind of glitch that allowed you to open doors as well. I also remember scary glitch that proved that Liza is basically always standing behind your back. God I'm so pissed Kojima isn't making a horror game. Sound desing in P.T. was so perfect. I only watched PT and RE7 demos but PT feels much better, especially in terms of design and audio. Sound made this game super creepy, RE7 just doesn't have that.
>>
>>341445420
Not really. A few minor things. It's more of a tense atmosphere and not knowing what to expect type thing.
>>
File: 35123512341234.png (535 KB, 943x674) Image search: [Google]
35123512341234.png
535 KB, 943x674
Plot/Theory
Andre, Pete, Clancy enter the house and Andre/Clancy die to the 'ghost'. Pete is being chased around during the events of real time in the demo.

Lukas wakes up alone and finds the VHS, freaks and tries to leave house. Familyman is trying to hide from Umbrella, dumbass Lukas answers the phone from Umbrella giving them away.
That's why Familyman punches you after the phone or when you try to leave. He's only protecting you from Umbrella. So since you can't be trusted to wander about he ties you up.
That's why he walks by the hallway and doesn't come after you until you answer the phone.

The 'ghost' only exists in the VHS because Lukas is part of the family and isn't trying to kill him. At the end the ghost kills Pete to protect Lukas. Lukas is possibly infected like Familyman at this point.

My guess is third ending will be you finding Pete in the house and getting caught together.
The trailer shows this scene which will be in the third ending where you get infected
>>
>>341453080
The trailer hints at a lot more "Resident Evil" kind of stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-WFOJK7h4g

That ending montage with the decaying dog, close-ups of some body horror type shit and guts everywhere especially.

What if it's Zombie Ghosts?
>>
I HIGHLY doubt after playing it that this is the direction the entire game will take.

I think it's either showing one of many aspects the game will pursue (think about re6, supposed "classic" RE with Leon mixed with more action ish Chris sections) or might just be nothing more than a promotional teaser to poke fun/acknowledge PT and it's impact.

Also will you fucking degenerate cum guzzling fucks stop blaming 4 for the direction the series took?

4 was directed by mikami and had several prototype ideas (online, hooked man, and even devil may cry). 5 and 6 were co op "cinematic" responses that launched off 4s success, but heavily tried to cater to the COD/cinematic audience that was fucking non existent when 4 came out.

You know how people are mad that so many companies want to do another TLOU? same shit. Or maybe you want fault RE4 for that too given it coined that particular OTS angle that last gen milked dry.

Either way I'm excited for it, but nothing about 7 indicates it's either catering to new or old blood. Looking more forward to REmake 2 though.
>>
>>341450629
If someone thinks this isn't RE, they're a 4-5-6 baby and their opinion isn't worth shit. This very much a return to form, just with a different camera perspective.
>>
>>341455116
You're an optimistic cocksnot, I'll give you that.
>>
>>341455105
That actually sounds pretty legit.
>>
>>341455108
>Zombie Ghosts
Undead Apparitions?
>>
>Once you get the finger and the axe look under the couch
>There will be a severed hand missing a finger
>place the finger with the hand and you can now chop down the wooden barricades with the axe and open the blocked door in the attic
>go to the end of the hallway and look at the book in the corner of the room
>a cutscene starts playing where you find out your sister is a lesbian that ran away with her lover
>>
>>341450491
Yeah we do. Clancy is the camera man. He's the "main character" in the Demo.
>>
>>341455510
No, anon. ZOMBIE GOASTS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs
>>
>>341455105
You might be on to something.
>>
So is everyone being rused when Capcom says there's a way to get out of the house alive or is there some sort of triggered pre-rendered cutscene, since the outside of the house is impossible to get to?
>>
>>341455757
Even if we forget about part where Clancy was obviously wounded in basement, you fucking don't wear bracelets and have different shirt in the day time, fucking retard
>>
>>341456167
Pretty much.
>>
I'm kind of confused by the direction they decided to go with this game. I remember them saying a return to their roots but I thought it was bullshit because they said the same about re6 so I was awfully surprised by this. Looks interesting but it feels completely devoid of any RE elements. I think this should have been a different series but who knows where this is going in the end.
>>
>>341456167
Latest claim is there's a way to 'beat' the game, the ax has no use but the finger does.
That's all we've been told.

But then we also have that german twat saying to use the Ax on the 2nd Floor

How stupid do you think the solution is going to be? If it's some dumbass microphone segment I'll be mad/10.
>you're supposed to talk back when you answer the phone
>>
>>341456272
The time is way later than when the VHS is recorded. Like the back room is full of dead cows and the door is different, for example. The different door might be a mistake though. Like they have two maps and switched out some assets in one and forgot about the other.
>>
File: 20160615_123815_Edit.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1218) Image search: [Google]
20160615_123815_Edit.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1218
Anybody else notice the shadow affect while holding L2 with the axe in the phone room? Stand around the doorway and it makes some weird lines appear on the back wall.
>>
>>341456774
Thank you. Is that the circular shadow people are talking about?
>>
>>341456986
yeah. I dont think its related, its not a clean line like for a hidden panel, and hitting it does nothing
>>
>>341456653
There 12 hours difference between first tape and "kitchen" one
Door isn't mistake, you can see old one near wall
And there no reason to change Clancy's clothes
So we either play as a anchor(because similar clothes) or long after all 3 were killed, as a different character
>>
I'm new to Resident Evil. Why does Umbrella want to turn people into Zombies?
>>
>>341456986
Yeah. Right beneath the circle there's a rectangle when you move the shadow down. And then there's some other markings to the left.
>>
>>341456986
I've been messing around with it.
That wall takes no damage when you hit it with the axe.
Its also buggy, if you walk against it there's a point where it stops and displays a shadow.
If you crouch and look at the shadow and angle it right, you can see through the wall.
>>
You wanna know a secret?

You get the "good" ending if you play the game for 7 hours.
>>
>>341457242
they sold bioweapons on the international black market.
>>
>>341457242
Umbrella is run by insane degenerate aristocrats that have sex with leeches.
>>
>>341457242
Bioweapons.
>>
>>341447912
Yeah, all the default subs are pandering shit. The smaller subs are where the quality content is.
>>
File: familyman.jpg (558 KB, 1351x1080) Image search: [Google]
familyman.jpg
558 KB, 1351x1080
>>341457486
no way
>>
>>341458095
gonna need to see dem teeth
>>
>>341455105
more like senpai-man has a been keeping his zombie daughter and occasionally feeds her with familied members
>>
>>341458095
I didn't know he had glasses.
>>
File: WHO ARE THEY.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1828) Image search: [Google]
WHO ARE THEY.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1828
>>341458296
the man in teh photos and mirror does not. This guy is a cannibal that moved in, im almost certain.
>>
>>341458095
Whos the guy in that pic ?
>>
>>341439219
it's nice, but in no fucking way is it a RE game. If you changed to game to anything else, you would not even once think it was part of the Resident evil franchise.

I'm all for change, but this is way,waaaay too much for my tastes
>>
1 hour played, but I've seen no ghosts?
>>
>>341458445
Those could be old photos though.
>>
>>341458515
spanish journalist who lost his mind and slaughtered his wife years ago.
>>
>>341458546
Look out for mutant hillbillies who try to get you to join their family.
>>
>>341439219
It looks cool. I'm glad they're going for a horror game instead of action shit though I do wish it was third person.
>>
>>341439219
it's not resident evil
>>
i like this demo a lot, i feel like im actually working towards something rather than trying to avoid a jumpscare.
>>
File: IC340448.jpg (76 KB, 659x232) Image search: [Google]
IC340448.jpg
76 KB, 659x232
>>341456774
The circle effect?

I'm certain that's shadow acne from the point light. Completely unintentional.
>>
>>341458865
Of course not. It's Resident Evil 7.
>>
File: 900-457420209.jpg (162 KB, 900x828) Image search: [Google]
900-457420209.jpg
162 KB, 900x828
>>341458529
>no fucking way is it a RE game
umbrella helicopter fly above the farm (the photo you pick next to the phone), probably after some weird experiment on a new virus. family man has tipical infected deformed face.
>>
>>341456653
Nah, you can tell at least a few months have passed. There is so many things that happened in the house that couldn't be done within a period of one week by 1 man. He even replaced the door, cut 2 cows in half, found 3 manikins, boxes, and ended up doing surgery since that blood seems so fresh.
>>
>>341458865
>There are no guns and explosions!
>>
>>341458865
It's not the sequel to RE6, at least.
>>
>>341458692
But the action shit was in third person.
>>
>>341458865
Needs a 'teleports behind you' boss and boulder punching
>>
>>341459008
its a poorly drawn octagon, i dont see it as a lighting error, personally.
>>
>>341459304
I didn't notice the octagon until you pointed it out. Nevermind.
>>
>>341451761
"If it turns out that the lack of guns isn’t your thing, Capcom recommends checking out Umbrella Corps" lol action fans
>>
>>341459304
He means the way the light bends in a circle not the seemingly deliberate marking on the wall.
>>
>>341459571
>Umbrella Corps
RE7 seems like a masterpiece in comparison.
>>
>>341452196

They legit went back to roots tho. Like REALLY REALLY back to roots: RE was meant to be first-person wayyyyy back during initial development. But that's not the real roots - this demo feels like it'd be perfect accompanied by the Sweet Home Battle Theme.

Really gives me a Sweet Home sorta feel.
>>
After looking at the possible new enemies, I had a thought. What if the new enemies have to eat people in order to keep themselves from mentally regressing and physically decaying?
>>
>>341459678
we have not seen RE7 yet
>>
>>341440980
Reddit is shit for discussion of any sort, but it's pretty effective for troubleshooting or walkthroughs since the bad stuff gets weeded out and the threads don't disappear after 500 posts.
>>
>watch console people play the demo
>get fucking mad the way they play because they don't even look at things with utmost care but rather run around and try to do the same fucking things expecting a different outcome
and they don't even stop for a second to think and connect things
holy shit
>>
Have only seen the demo so far, what happens if you follow Andre before he goes missing?
>>
>>341459997

Aint fuck else to do tho

Good lord iv played the demo like 30 times at this point counting the 10 I did with /v/ for 3 hours

Unless you feel like pixel hunting and just obstuse shit, or shit i'v already tried dozens of times
>>
>>341460170
You can´t there's an invisible wall.
>>
>>341460170
He gets a television show.
>>
>>341460170
Evil ghosts block your progress
>>
>>341440168
The finger has no use. It's called DUMMY finger for more than one reason.
>>
Anyone remember the original trailer for RE5 and how much changed between then and the game's release? Wonder if that'll be the case with RE7?
>>
>>341460367
I thought we all moved passed invisible walls?
>>
>>341460342
I guess we could work on trying to get a good recording of the video world breathing so we can sample the voice from it and try to understand what its saying.
>>
>>341460638
No, because Re7 is actually coming out relatively soon. It's pretty much in a mostly complete state unless they scrap the game (which is not oging to happen).

Re5 original trailer came out a long time before the full game was released.
>>
Yo /v/ any clues for this?
https://youtu.be/n4gHLS2MEHg
Has anyone destroy the 3 destructible mannequins?
>>
>>341456593
All logic tells me it's some ridiculous thing nobody would have thought of unless they discovered by accident, like placing it on a broken mannequin, OR

Something incredibly simple like melting the celluloid off the finger, either under the running water, in the pot, in the microwave, in the oven, or something..
>>
>>341460887
pretty sure all those things for the finger have been tried.
>>
>>341458445
The top photo does have glasses and beard guy though. The other one is probably their kids.
>>
Son was such a drag.
>>
>>341460638
RE7 release date is Jan 24th 2017, 7 months away.

The RE5 trailer was an announcement trailer that came out 2 years before the game released.

Unless Capcom delays RE7 like fuck, it isn't changing
>>
Celluloid can soften from light alone. It doesn't have to be an obvious heat source like the microwave or hot water.
>>
>>341456774
IT'S A FLAMINGO
>>
>>341461307
sunbeams monica
>>
all the info proving the demo is a standalone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p--vF5iGL9U&feature=youtu.be
still very pumped.
>>
>>341461378
Someone try it, I don't even have a ps4 ;_;
>>
My theory was that the Dummy Finger isn't actually an interactible item, but rather an abstract clue: your PC/Avatar/whatever could be considered your "Dummy", so you had to do some finger flick gesture on the DS4's touchpad of some sort.

Dunno where to try that theory out, tho.
>>
>>341460532
So when do you get the Camera obscura
>>
File: image.jpg (378 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
378 KB, 750x725
Couldn't be more happy "resident evil fans" are feeling betrayed and beaten. I hope you all rot. This game looks a thousand times better than the last three numbered entries combined.
>>
>>341461732
My theory is that the finger is a middle finger.
>>
>>341461774
lol ikr XD
>>
>>341455105
Thos "ghost" at the end isn't a ghost. It's most certainly Familyman's wife in a zombiefied condition.
>>
wew those are some subpar graphics.
>>
>>341461774
KEK XD M8
>>
>Tfw only played REmake, 4 and now this one
Damn, it feels good to only play the best ones.
>>
>>341461453
Is that dude in the suit Anthony Burch?
>>
I didnt even know people would get upset over this game
After resident evil 5 and 6, wern't people tired of action broman explosions?
Survival horror just came back, how is this not the most amazing thing capcom has done in a good fucking while
>>
>tfw Resident Evil: BOO! Haunted House!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpf-VBF45kQ
>>
>>341453805
>posts CV:X Battle Game mode

that's not how it originally was though you fucking fuck.
>>
File: image.png (354 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
354 KB, 2048x1536
It's beatable
>>
>>341462597
>I refuse to read the thread
>>
>>341461774
>RE4
>bad

It was radically different but it was novel enough to be RE which spawned 2 genres (CUHRAZEE was the original intent for RE4 and Modern Third Person Shooters) unlike 5 and giraffe felatio
>>
>>341462290
You skipped 2. You fucked up.
>>
>>341462820
It's getting the REmake treatment, I'll wait.
>>
File: image.png (406 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
406 KB, 1280x1280
>>341462597
It's used to pingis his dingus
>>
>>341462971

None of the people in charge of the original or REmake are working on it, so I wouldn't put it past Capcom to fuck the entire thing up.

I'd just play the original if I were you, just to be safe.
>>
File: RAgjRLu.jpg (363 KB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
RAgjRLu.jpg
363 KB, 1500x2000
So someone found this in the phone room. Turn your brightness up and move the shadow of the axe over the whole wall. Doesn't look like a lighting glitch.
>>
File: GBIP08-25.png (981 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
GBIP08-25.png
981 KB, 1440x1080
>>341462971
no.

no.

no. you are doing it wrong.

Beat the original, so you can get the references and changes in the REmake. really notice the nods to the original and such.

In RE1, theres a hall where a dog jumps in and scares you. In the REmake i was scared walking down that hall, and they just fucked with me by having a window pane break instead. Things like that were great about REmake.

Play the original first, to appreciate the work they did better, and get better enjoyment from the game.
>>
>>341462971
>>341463336
I'd highly recommend playing 2 even without the HD remake. The original game stood up well to the ravages of time and a very good game.
>>
I've been trying to figure shit out as well. I could stream it and try different stuff out but not sure what else to try on my own.

The axe so far is useless but told it has a purpose in the "attic". The dummy finger looks like a "key" of some sort but no actual door to use it on. Also, I've tried breaking the door handle off right outside the first room you come out. Nothing. I've bashed the boards for a good 30 minutes to no avail. Heaving swinging and light swinging.
Boxes and mannequins respawn.

I was also able to do as someone mentioned and stop the "welcome" part after the phone by walking backwards. It seems to work.
Also apparently you can not discard even though it's there so no use in trying.

Has anyone tried using the axe on the dummy finger before picking up the dummy finger?
>>
>>341463771
>heaving

Heavy....I meant heavy. Jesus.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 616x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 616x350
How the FUCK people solved PT in matter of hours?

There are hundred of thousands people forcing this shit and there are TWO endings left according to Capcom.

PT solver had to be a Konami plant.
>>
>>341463771
The only thing I can think of has to do with the touchpad, but haven't tried it yet.

Using to fingers (pinch in, zoom out) to check if you can interact with the items,.

Getting proper hard to think outside the box without sounding retarded as fuck.
>>
>>341464076
It wasn't in a matter of hours. Took at least a couple of days IIRC.
>>
>>341464076

Previous thread someone mentioned some chick streamer was babbling bullshit to watchers, as most streamers do, and caused the real ending. Apparently you're supposed to say some specific word for the true pt ending to pop in the microphone. As other anons stated.
Can't remember, started with a "J" I believe. Some obscure word that no one would guess.
>>
>>341464457
>started with a "J"
JUST?
>>
>>341464213
i pressed the touch pad 7 times while inspecting the finger and heard a door slide open, dont know if i caused it or it was just part of the ambient sound effects
>>
>>341464213
Wait you can zoom in with the touchpad?
If so then I don't think you sounding retarded right now would be the case. I'm a fucking idiot if you can do that and I didn't even attempt to try this.

This opens a whole slew of shit then. I'm willing to attempt anything really. I enjoy the demo.
>>
>>341464579
Jack, you now, It was Kojima
>>
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck_ieLKUkAA78bC.jpg:large

Is this known already?
You can use the shadow which is casted by the axe to reveal some sort of markings on a wall
>>
>>341464660
No, you cannot. I mean, I don't know. I haven't tried it yet. Might stream later on if you autists want to join me.
>>
Question: is there even a need for the finger to be melted when the key part that matters is sticking out?
>>
>>341439219
>I don't understand the people shit talking.
cause honestly as neato as that shit is it will probably succumb into medicoreness given that its written by nips firstly and secondly the longer the game is the higher the chance of them fucking up midway
>>
>>341464457
It was impossible for random girl to figure it out.

Final stage of PT required three step process to hear fetus laugh three times.

1)Wait for 12 PM to clock and then take 10 steps and STOP, wait few seconds still.
2)Wait for haunting to begin and say the name of the killer JARETH.
3)After that you have to stand still for 30 seconds doing absolutely NOTHING.

Then phone will ring and you can leave.

This is impossible to achieve by luck.
>>
>>341464784
Why won't people read through the thread?
>>341464863
Chances are not really.Not sure why won't anybody try to find the hole.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.