[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kirby Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251
Rather than repeating the same old Kirby trivia and factoids here, ad nauseum (comin' right back at ya~!), I will instead delve into a bit of philosophy. Kirby is, in my opinion, quite Taoist in essence-- Tao, meaning he embodies many of the traits of the ancient Chinese Way. For example, in his modest appearance, Kirby is small, pink, and always wears a happy face (disregarding American Box-arts). His cute exterior masks his true inner potential and ferocious skills/appetite- much like how a true master of martial arts does not go around starting fights, both paths are the key to a long, happy life. He is an entity composed of opposite energies and can produce the Five Elements: Kirby can be cold as ice, hot as fire, quick as lightning, still as stone, soft as a cloud- or sharp as needles. One of Kirby's most famous skills is the ability to inhale enemies and their attacks, and either copy them, or spit them back out as stars. This technique is certainly very similar to TaiChi, where the opponent's force is used against them. The way Kirby gains abilities can be thought of as the potential each of us has within ourselves- we have the chi to become anything we set our minds to, with proper direction and diligence. Kirby is round and simple- a symbolic representation of the cycle of life and the genuine nature of all things. Kirby has good morals (De), always helping those who come to him in need, and often making friends, going so far as to convert former enemies into friends through pure will and good-character. Finally, both he and Dedede know the value of Wu Wei: despite his fame and power, Kirby prefers to live the lazy lifestyle in the amazingly peaceful Dream Land, where the King rules by doing absolutely nothing. Yes, Kirby's world is full of valuable lessons we can all apply to ourselves, if one is willing to delve deeper than the surface of this subtly philosophical series.
>>
>>340663423
this thread is too deep for me man
>>
So yeah, King Dedede totally pwns. He has all the basic abilities Kirby has (sans Copy Abilities), in addition to his strength to crush lesser beings by his mighty jumps, as well as to lift that massive mallet, which coincidentally grants him all the moves Hammer Ability enables. Dedede's also the most developed Kirby character, personality-wise, in my opinion, aided by the fact that he's appeared in every game but KatAM. In the beginning, the King started off as a thief and a glutton (though he still has these traits), ruling over the populace by depriving them of necessities. After being bested by Kirby, Dedede trained hard to achieve the same strength as the pink pudge displayed, yet was again trumped by a powered-up Kirby when trying to protect the kingdom (albeit, by stealing again). Then, in Super Star +Ultra, Dedede continued to challenge and compete with Kirby, striving to be better than him in fighting and eating, but both times being dethroned and shown the error of his ways. Even after all his Revenge planning, it just goes to show, jealousy and force can not darken a heart as pure as Kirby's. Then, he was possessed a couple of times, and was actually grateful to Kirby for aiding him and his kingdom. This is when Dedede truly has a change of heart, and (begrudgingly) helps him out in times of need. Afterwords, having LEARNED his lessons, both Dedede and Kirby generally are on good terms (and an awesome playable character in Return to Dream Land!), except when the former is falsely accused by the latter of misdeeds, or when Kirby indignantly intrudes on the King's private property (Get of'fa my lawn, ya darn kids!). Personally, I believe my attitude and style also reflect Dedede's progression/philosophy, and I guess that's another reason I'm so drawn to his character. Here's hoping he continues to play a fun, helpful role in future games, as well as further embraces his Japanese-ness, as seen in Ninja Dojo and Samurai Kirby-- Whaha~!
>>
Parasol Waddle Dee is a very special case- there is no other character in Dream Land who inherently does not offer an ability, yet whose power is a direct result of the tool in which they currently possess. This intriguing aspect makes me wonder, just how closely related Kirby and the Waddle Dees may actually be. Kirby acquires his Abilities by inhaling and copying the essence of his foes, but Waddle Dee has no mouth, and therefore can never learn in this most efficient way. It would seem, that the only way Waddle Dee can learn skills (potentially gaining the effects of Copy Abilities, himself) is just like the struggle of the common man-- everyone must practice hard, learn the tools of the trade, and use that knowledge and skill to elevate your lowly position in life. Again, I like the Kirby Anime's take on the Waddle Dees being a metaphor for the struggle of Chinese laborers, which is actually very fitting for their tireless/timeless nature. In addition to parasol use, Waddle Dees are also talented in wielding spears as weapons (and to prove Waddle Dees learn, just look at Bandanna Dee's progression from KSSU to RtDL-- he mastered- nay, pioneered- Spear Ability in so short a time!) in addition to riding Nruffs and piloting various craft/vehicles. Finally, one last bit of interesting info is that Waddle Dee was originally going to be a playable character in Kirby 64 (instead of just providing a lift every now and then) like King Dedede. Waddle Dee's signature trait would have been to pick up other enemy characters and use their actions and attributes to attack and move about the stages, similar to how they use items in the more recent games. This "over-the-head" trick was later adopted by Kirby in the game's final product. You were so close Waddle Dee~!
>>
Let's take a moment to think about Waddle Doo's attacks throughout the entire series. They can range anywhere from tackling and ramming wildly (64), to poorly using a sword (Hnk), to using the basic Beam whip (most appearances), to finally performing big blasts of energy when suped-up (RtDL). Like Waddle Dee, I believe that Doo is also a character that needs to hone his Abilities, and work to acquire skill, instead of being naturally embedded with it, as Kirby is. Conversely to Dee, however, Waddle Doo is not capable of using advanced techniques using tools and weapons. He does have a greater psychic ability, though, and when properly trained, can even rival Kirby in his proficiency of Beam-based martial skills. Waddle Doo is an austere friend and companion, and will serve either Kirby as a dependable Helper, or King Dedede as a loyal soldier of his Waddle army, depending on the situation. Don't let his looks scare you- W. Doo is an alright dude!
>>
Knuckle Joe has a look to him that is unique among Kirby's cast of characters, in that he's one of the few that could be considered "humanoid". He has a broad face on a blue, blobby body, and blond hair that is parted in the middle "Hey Arnold" style, by his sparring headband. He has large feet on short legs, and large, boxing-gloved hands on short arms. With such an awkwardly-formed body shape, one might wonder exactly how this guy could become a master of martial arts! That said, he is one of the few Helpers to not prove equal to Kirby, as he lacks the ability to preform Judo Throw. He is still a decent fighter, though, and can throw fireballs and uppercuts like a pro. As the Kirby games have progressed, certain design elements have changed with the times-- Knuckle Joe is no exception, since he originally lacked shoulder guards and a mouth (at least, in official art!). Today, his design clearly incorporates these elements, yet Joe is about the only character to have kept the classic "hash-cheek" blushes of older games.
According to Brawl's trophy description, Knuckle Joe "looks and fights the part of a Muai Thai boxer". It's kind of a far stretch to say, since the sport is known for its eight strike points, of fists, feet, elbows, and knees- and many of Kirby's relations have only a fraction of the required limbs- but AT LEAST Joe does technically possess the necessary joints, so I guess it's worth a shot. It is possible that Knuckle Joe was named after the character from Tetsuya Chiba's old manga, "Tomorrow's Joe". Like Knuckle Joe, Yabuki Joe is also a hardcore boxer, as well as an orphan, and strives to be the best at one thing in life-- fighting. I recently learned about the series, and it's an interesting read, if your a Knuckle Joe fan, I guess. *Wipes nose with gloved-finger; leaves*
>>
It's no wonder that ol' Mets is so popular- for that is exactly the reason for which he was designed. States HAL, "this dude's the coolest-of-the-cool masked knight", is a bit of an overstatement, especially considering the butterfly wings (but still incredibly overall badass) his original pre-Adventure design bolstered. Despite his overwhelming popularity, it is a bit curious when you wonder, what exactly someone as dark and mysterious as Meta Knight is doing in such a cheerfully-colorful world as Dream Land. He additionally has a strict warrior code, (also strange for the undisciplined kingdom), that he will refuse to take part in a mismatched duel (nearly always offers a sword before battle). MK's a very schizophrenic individual, it seems, first working under King Dedede, then trying to overthrow him and dominate Dream Land out of nowhere, and later both helping and hindering Kirby as the progressive games' plots require. Meta Knight is very much a "Sakurai" character- having appeared in every game, besides the original, Masahiro worked on (and later games that follow the Super Star Style/ i.e. not the Dream Land trilogy) and due to his grandiose treatment in Brawl, is clear the creator knows and loves him more than anyone. If there is one thing the anime can vouch for, it's probably good for explaining the motives behind Meta's madness, since Sakurai supervised production. Forgetting all that Star Warrior stuff, but still trying to tie all of Hoshi no Kaabi together, I believe that the game's MK also sees the potential in Kirby, and knows the threat inactivity can have on Dream Land- leading to greater troubles, and perceives the hidden motives behind some of the series villains, and therefore directs his actions based on this wisdom. Though he is no match for Kirby's youth and limitless abilities, he will do whatever it takes to become even more powerful (battling the strongest warrior in the galaxy) to perhaps succeed Kirby, if he is ever to fail.
>>
File: 51656186_p0.jpg (150 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
51656186_p0.jpg
150 KB, 750x750
>>340663785
>5th picture
>>
>>340664793
With that said, Meta Knight is clearly overpowered, as it is already. He wields a mighty golden sword, of which there are two varieties: Master- the original, classic-shaped, yellow and glowing with aura, which Kirby was able to fight Dark Mind with in Amazing Mirror; and Galaxia- the modern, flame-shaped, with spikes, based on the anime adaption. Both are capable of firing sword beams, sending out shockwaves, and conjuring up tornadoes that rage across the screen. In addition to mastering Sword Ability, it seems MK has trained himself to perform actions from the Wing and Tornado movesets. Meta Knight also commands a crew of underlings, ironically called the "Meta-Knights", who each fight with their own specialized skills and weapons. As stated, MK also owns the Halberd, an airship with an insane amount of guns, cannons, and minibosses/mecha, totally putting the King's Kaboola airship to shame. In many ways, Meta is quite the Yang to Dedede's Yin: the two opposing forces of fast and slow, light and heavy, sharp and blunt, active and slothful. However, both are self-absorbed egoists- the only difference being the frequency they show it: the King wastes no time proclaiming his status and plastering his insignia on everything he owns, while Knight prefers to lurk in the shadows biding his time until it is right to show his true power! Now, time for me to get outta here before this description gets any longer~!
>>
Ever since my days at the 'Resort, a mystery that has surrounded Sir Kibble's true form for me was, "could he be a hollow shell of armor, or simply a black ball with no visible eyes?"; however, through the power of Brawl's Trophy renders, I have reached a decision. Sir Kibble is actually an empty helmet, with stark-black interior. He also has floating hands (unlike Meta Knight, with visible arm-flaps) which seem to evoke a ghostly association with the armored enemy. Still, I made the figure before realizing, and sculpted him with a rounded, black interior-form, for simplicity's sake (And who doesn't simply LOVE sake~?). Forgive me, I'm rambling again... Anyway. There is a fine line between Cutter and Sword Ability, it seems. They even confusingly share the same attack (Final Cutter) on and off, and as Kirby's move pool expands, Cutter becomes even more similar to Sword, gaining close-range attacks. A defining factor between the two, at least for me, is that- since Sword knight and Blade Knight have both frequently been subjects to Meta Knight, I see it that Sir Kibble is King Dedede's signature armored knight. This is due to Sword and Blade only appearing in games where Meta Knight is also present, and Sir Kibble thriving in the "Dream Land Trilogy" where the atmosphere's more Dedede-centric. Finally, his name, I guess, comes from his skill at chopping people into kibble with his Cutter-blade, certainly~
Whoawowo! And, let's not forget mentioning Sir Kibble's mighty miniboss-upgrade in RtDL, "Kibble Blade" who looks even more nightly than the former! Yeah, that dude is something serious~!
>>
Poppy Bro. Jr. is one of the more humanoid characters which inhabit Dream Land. His style is based on a jester- though not to the extent to which Marx is defined. They always seem very passive and carefree- usually seen skipping along, known for riding apples and Grizzos along the courses, very rarely ever actively attacking with their weapons, compared to their aggressive superiors. Poppy Bro. Jr. is a unique species that can either offer no ability, or one based on the item they hold. Poppy can wield bombs for the Bomb Ability, or boomerangs for the Cutter Ability. Likewise, the Senior Brother can yield either Bomb or Crash ability when inhaled, yet never uses a boomerang. The boomerang-throwing Brother is most likely a reference to the original Kirby's Dream Land, where there was a character named Boomer, who looked surprisingly similar to Poppy, sans a mouth, that threw said blades. Poppy Bro. Jr is one of the first enemies the player meets in the Kirby games- premiering exclusively in Green Greens, and Poppy Sr. is the very first miniboss in the series, and the only one in the first game that is not just a precursor to a stage boss. There is a "Poppy Brothers Land" in Kirby's Pinball, as one of the play-tables. Poppy Bro. Sr. actually appears as a boss in this game, alongside other Poppy Jr. Bros., and Mr. Frosty as a miniboss.
Right after Masahiro Sakurai completed Air Ride, he resigned from the company. During this time of confusion, Kirby was licensed to a certain company called "FlagShip"- by Hal, supposedly to supply the demand for more Kirby games the anime fueled. It was with these Flagship games (Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad) for the GBA and DS that introduced many new/unfitting/poorly-designed characters to the Kirby series, as well as replaced and excluded series favorites, like the Poppy Bros.
>>
Rocky is one of my all time favorite Helpers. Disregarding the highly limited Stone Ability, I like Rocky because of his higher than average HP, but especially for his great design- it is simple (even for Dream Land standards), and rooted in Japanese style. One may think that Rocky's headband is simply an accessory the designers gave him to make him seem tough, but I know the true origins behind the knotted cord~! Such ropes are known as Shimenawa made of straw, and used to indicate pure environments, ward off evil spirits, and in Rocky's case, to encase nature spirits within great ancient objects, such as trees and stones. Rocky is most likely based on the Iwakura- rocks worshiped in Shinto. A famous example are the "Wedded Rocks" off the coast of Ise. On a different note, there is one (possibly Japanese) reference with Rocky and Stone Ability that I have not yet grasped. So I ask, does anyone know what's the deal with that black bird that sits atop Rocky and Stone Kirby in their Ability Icons in Kirby Super Star and Ultra? A folktale, perhaps, but could just be depicting opposites...
>>
File: 1462834326677.gif (2 MB, 249x258) Image search: [Google]
1462834326677.gif
2 MB, 249x258
Monitoring this thread. Also where can I get these sculptures?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
I don't know what OP's topic is about but I do know that today was a good day.
>>
File: 1423715237374.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1423715237374.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>340663423
>the sculptures from that artist on Rainbow Resort
You are amazing OP, thank you for posting these. I've been looking for the the past three years.
>>
I gotta admit, I've never been too impressed with Blade Knight, or Sword Ability, for that matter. His body shape is just plain confusing-- like they chopped off a person's head and the helmet landed on his torso, with mountainous shoulders! Couple that with boring old sword slash, and Meta Knight's entourage from HnK, and here is a character I would gladly replace with another similarly named foe-- "Blade" the tough, sword carrying can-knight from Kirby's Dream Land 2. But, Blade Knight is not all boring... as said, he has a secret single eye beneath his visor, and old official art shows him with two bug-like antenna, rather than red hair. Taking into consideration that the single Waddle Doo in the anime brandishes a sword, a theory of mine suggests that Blade Knights are actually armored Waddle Doos, or a deformed species relative to them. In conclusion, I won't forget to mention Gigant Edge, the Sword miniboss from Return to Dream Land Wii. His design is so sweet, I'd love to play as that character~
>>
>>340666879
Also the pic is upside down, so enjoy that.
>>
>>340663423
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE
>>
File: kirby_stamp1.gif (102 KB, 320x270) Image search: [Google]
kirby_stamp1.gif
102 KB, 320x270
You know what, OP? Good thread.
>>
File: 1413267229430.png (173 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1413267229430.png
173 KB, 500x313
>>340666879
>those shoes
am jelly
>>
Chilly is a grand old character, I dare say! And, he makes a mighty fine sculpture, too! Just look at him in his natural habitat-- a snow-blanketed tundra! Actually, it's just the same white tablecloth I use with every one of my models. I'll let you in on a secret: the reason his hands stay in place so securely, despite resting so precariously off from his body, is because I shoved a wire through his body to his hands, while crafting the character. Time now for more Japanese history lessons/ Kirby connections! Chilly is based on a traditional type of Japanese Snowman, known as the "Yuki-Daruma" ! Yuki translates to snow, whereas Daruma is a wooden wish doll based on the Indian sage, Bodhidaruma, who brought Buddhism to East Asia. He was said to be so steadfast in his meditation practice, it was believed that his arms and legs withered away to nothing, and left only a monk with head and torso. That is why Japanese snowmen only have two sections rather than three, and often lack arms (yes, Chilly has hands!) They also always wear a bucket hat, for reasons unknown. Finally, it is rumored on the Japanese Wiki's that Chilly's bell-collar may be a reference to Doraemon, a popular robotic anthropomorphic cat, whose only accessory is said collar.
>>
Burnin' Leo is very dear to me, for only I (as far as I know) have made the connection between him and traditional Japanese Kabuki theater! Allow me to elaborate: there are several reasons why I believe that Burnin Leo is in fact derived from the iconic and imposing "Lion Spirits" (Shishi), dancers of the aragoto style. First, let's look at his name, "Burnin LEO"- this is enough to create an association with lions, if you are at all familiar with astrology. Secondly, take a close look at his design- Leo's "hair" is the most noticeable feature about him, and it's colored white and red, like fire. Likewise, the Lion Spirit is also popular for his extremely long mane-like wig, colored either red or white, and which sideburns are held in his hands, just like Burnin Leo. Also, notice Leo's eyes are just a little different (even from similar eyed enemies, such as Bronto Burt) as they are outlined and drawn to give the effect of eyeliner, which is another obvious trait of kabuki's "kumadori" face-makeup. Finally, the most striking similarity between the two lions is reflected in their movement-- it's the iconic hair-flip that gives it away! The most popular part of a kabuki Shishi dance is when the actors rear up and revolve their heads, causing the hair of their wigs to trail in a wide, circular fashion. This action, perhaps, is simplified, yet still basically retained, in the Kirby games, if you recall Burnin' Leo's unique walk-cycle that has him flipping his fiery mane in a circle as he moves about. Yes, I am certain that this most beloved of KSS Helpers is indeed a reference to Japanese Theater! And, that's why I love the Kirby series so-- how characters like Leo are so subtly and wittily designed and integrated in a childlike wonderland~
>>
>>340667465
>>
File: balaraikakirby.png (155 KB, 865x678) Image search: [Google]
balaraikakirby.png
155 KB, 865x678
I like this thread.
>>
>>340667465
Do Bugzzy next
>>
Biospark is one of my many favorite characters in the Kirby series. Everybody loves ninjas, but he was doing it before it was cool. The only better ninja in Kirby, in my opinion, is Waiyu (who looks a lot like Biospark, with a more human-shape) who actually grants the Cutter Ability in Dream Land 2. The anime missed an opportunity to include Biospark (of course, it wasted MANY opportunities...) and instead came up with "Yamikage" and "Benikage" for Ninja Binge. A new ninja appears in Return to Dream Land, named "Tsukikage" (FYI-- kage means shadow) who looks a lot like Biospark, and is also purple. Biospark, himself, has appeared recently in Squeak Squad, where he hid in wait for Kirby in the background, much like Peran from DL3. In Kirby Mass Attack's BrawlBall subgame, a Biospark was sorta a playable character on the pinball table, I guess you could say. Every time the player toggled the flippers, he would shoot a Kunai out, that gave bonus points if it made contact with a Kirby pinball. In closing, I would like to share some old Guru wisdom/speculation: In the development of the original Kirby Super Star for SNES, could it be possible that the moniker "Bio Spark" was the beta name for a character we know today as Plasma Whisp? Spark Ability was the original electrical attack before Plasma was introduced in KSS, so maybe then, the flame of living/bio sparks was the name originally intended, but later arbitrarily relegated to another character (the ninja) after Plasma Ability developed into its own thing
(Or perhaps it means he is a "living spark", quick and precise, yet fleeting)
>>
>>340667580
>Dat Burnin' Leo

Glorious. My favorite helper
>>
Birdon is a pretty great all-around character, in my opinion. Though I don't care for Wing Ability much, Birdon's great design makes it all worth while. It's interesting to note that both Birdon and Dyna Blade share many characteristics, such as large eyes, rainbow colored wings, attractive hairstyles, as well as them both being bird species. But, perhaps that's just due to both premiering in KSS and possibly both having the same designer... In particular, Birdon's inspiration comes from the Major Mitchell's Cockatoo en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Mi… Just look at the similarities~! For Wing Ability's reappearance in Air Ride, Birdon was replaced by the stranger-looking Flappy, and then again in RtDL with Owgulf.
>>
Simirror has so far only appeared in the games Kirby Super Star, and remake- Ultra, however, his design continues to inspire other certain Kirby characters to this day. The Kirby-style wizard motif is duplicated in the likes of Drawcia and Magolor and takes a more Magician-like route with Wiz in Amazing Mirror (in which, ironically, neither Sim nor the Mirror Ability were included). However, it's most likely that these other related ideas also stem from more popular designs like Meta Knight and Dark Matter Swordsman. Although, fitting with this trend of mysterious Kirby characters, Simirror also is a good example that not all Dream Landers are sphere-bodied! Contrary to his "symmetrical" nature, Simirror is actually one of the characters without perfect symmetry- just because he's often depicted holding a wand in only one hand, while a single foot peeks out the bottom of his gown. Of course, I can go this far without mentioning his similarity in design with another video game wizard warrior- Final Fantasy's Black Mage, especially in the older games, where their squat appearance is almost identical. Simirror has the best pun-name of all Kirby's Helpers-- the basis of which is derived from the words "Similar" and "Mirror", akin to his Mirror Ability attributes. And, if you happen to find any of this info SIMIRROR to other sources, be sure that I am very thankful to all the wikis around the web that so generously provide their wealth of knowledge to researchers like me~
>>
File: fuck.gif (1014 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
1014 KB, 600x338
>>340663423
>>
Plasma Wisp has a very minimalist appearance (even as far as Kirby character go). He is almost zen-like in his simplicity, for those features are all the electric entity needs. Though the character has remained relatively unchanged throughout the years, the artstyle of the games has evolved for the better, in my opinion. For example, at his inception, the Wisp's sprite had a lot of empty space between the flames, whereas now, he's looking a lot more wholesome and full. PW is one of the few characters that has retained multiple defined fingers on his mits, rather than the simpler boxing-glove look that the series seems to prefer in recent years. Also, Plasma Wisp is one of those characters that tends to work better in 2D and on-screen... he presents many more challenges when one tries to bring the character into a 3D world, notably in clay, painted in-the-round, and taking gravity into consideration...
Plasma is an interesting material state. Setting it aside from liquid, solid, and gas, plasma is an otherworldly substance all its own. It is said to have electrical properties, but the question is, are these properties enough to distinguish Plasma from another, more prominent Kirby Ability: Spark~? Recent games would tell you NO, seeing as how Spark Ability has absorbed all the traits and attacks that Plasma originally held. I'm all for combining the abilities, if it helps to make the games more intuitive as the playstyles evolve. But, does this mean the end of Plasma Wisp!? Anyway, culture time-- Going along with the Kirby series' strong reliance on Japanese ghosts, PW is probably based on the Japanese Hitodama (Will-o-the-wisp/ souls of the departed) due to his featureless fiery appearance. Quoting Wikipedia, "In the 1980s, the Yoshiko Ootsuki posited the idea that they are "plasma from the air." And, if that doesn't directly relate to Plasma Wisp, I don't know what does~!
>>
File: Bugzzy.jpg (321 KB, 894x672) Image search: [Google]
Bugzzy.jpg
321 KB, 894x672
>>340667718
>My favorite helper and all-around great grappler, the big-bug himself, Buggzy! This miniboss can backdrop and suplex like nobody's business. He is a stag-beetle that uses his mandables like a pair of forklift tongs. He can lunge forward at greaf speed, hover in the air with his wings, and even give birth to mini-beetles that act as homing missiles to the enemy. Long live Bugzzy.
>>
What's going on here
>>
Robobot is a literal masterpiece.
>>
>>340669168
Ayyy great taste anon, but we all know Bonkers is the best
>>
File: 1420176205818.png (1 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1420176205818.png
1 KB, 170x170
>Ripple Field 1 and Sand Canyon 3 - two of my favorite songs that I thought would never be brought up ever again - got remixed in Rainbow Curse and Robobot.

based HAL
>>
>suplex was merged into Ninja
Why is this allowed?
>>
>Animal, Water, Bubble, Beetle, and Bell are NEVER EVER going to return
>>
File: Photo_SHOOT_1.jpg (156 KB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
Photo_SHOOT_1.jpg
156 KB, 1296x972
>>
File: Boss_Rush--_Miniboss_Tower.jpg (233 KB, 1167x1696) Image search: [Google]
Boss_Rush--_Miniboss_Tower.jpg
233 KB, 1167x1696
>>
File: Photo_SHOOT!_2.jpg (284 KB, 1996x740) Image search: [Google]
Photo_SHOOT!_2.jpg
284 KB, 1996x740
>>
>>
File: Photo_SHOOT!_3.jpg (211 KB, 1037x1556) Image search: [Google]
Photo_SHOOT!_3.jpg
211 KB, 1037x1556
>>
>>340671236
Pretty fucking impressive.
>>
File: Photo_SHOOT!_4.jpg (276 KB, 1944x802) Image search: [Google]
Photo_SHOOT!_4.jpg
276 KB, 1944x802
>>
File: doctor WHOOOAAA.jpg (106 KB, 651x568) Image search: [Google]
doctor WHOOOAAA.jpg
106 KB, 651x568
>Just beat the game
>mfw FUCKING EVERYTHING
I think this honestly might be my favorite final boss EVER. Holy fuck.
Also, best visuals and 3D I've ever seen on the 3DS. Oh god I can't deal with it.
>>
Mechs are just a shitty replacement for the awesome animals in the Dream Land series, admit it.
>>
File: 1458333751878.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1458333751878.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
i'm loving this thread
>>
Who here is Kirbin' tonight? I'm on my way to pick it up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEz_Njy7Ifg
>>
>>340671760
Reporting in brother. Just made it to the second world.
>>
>>340671421
I'm worried that Kirby is losing that sense of laid-back happiness and child-like simplicity that gave it so much charm.
>>
File: Adeleine.jpg (119 KB, 972x1294) Image search: [Google]
Adeleine.jpg
119 KB, 972x1294
>>
File: Drawcia.jpg (114 KB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
Drawcia.jpg
114 KB, 1296x972
>>
>>340663423
BORB
>>
>>340672481
Damn. These are good
>>
File: 39190231_p0.jpg (486 KB, 950x778) Image search: [Google]
39190231_p0.jpg
486 KB, 950x778
>>340669663
Just talking about Kirby, man.
>>
>>340672739
BORB
>>
>>340671760
Beat story mode in one sitting, doing Meta Knightmare and Arena tomorrow. I just wanted to see/play the final boss so I could finally stop avoiding spoilers.
It was so worth it.
>>
I really like PSI right now and I'm glad I get to use Mirror again.
>>
File: 1462154755069.gif (140 KB, 320x270) Image search: [Google]
1462154755069.gif
140 KB, 320x270
>Eye Sparkle increased by 1! (Not that it matters.)
>>
File: Samurai_Kirby.jpg (244 KB, 1944x1257) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_Kirby.jpg
244 KB, 1944x1257
Bonus.
>>
>Smash came back
I'm so happy.
>>
>>340674479
I'm only a tad disappointed it was just bubbled in a room. I wanted to fight Master Hand for it, damn it.
>>
File: Kine_Dedede_001.jpg (202 KB, 717x770) Image search: [Google]
Kine_Dedede_001.jpg
202 KB, 717x770
King Dedede, you look different somehow...
>>
>>340670318
Ninja always had that air drop grab, ever since super star.
>>
I just found out apparently the US has trading cards as a pre-order bonus. What do they look like?
>>
Question: do you lot think Zero will make a return?
seems like they're setting up for it.
>>
File: Kirby_GCN_Water_2.png (47 KB, 185x147) Image search: [Google]
Kirby_GCN_Water_2.png
47 KB, 185x147
>>340670674
Water, with its Kirby GCN bubbles and with the unique look it gave him, should appear in a new game.
>>
File: Wing Kirby.png (141 KB, 423x339) Image search: [Google]
Wing Kirby.png
141 KB, 423x339
As good as Robobot is, I'm glad I can fall back on Triple Deluxe. With the Armor Mechanics and fast-paced boss fights, it gets overwhelming after a bit. Always being surrounded by machinery doesn't help a bit. TD is so much more relaxing by comparison. Plus, it has my favorite ability.
>>
>>340675487
Yeah, but the dropped thing didn't do damage like Suplex.
>>
>>340675553
Apparently one of the Dark Matter Clone pause screens detailed that the clone was created no earlier than right before the invasion began. If that is true, then the Dark Matter Legion still exists, and is long due for a return.
>>
>>340676032
Not necessarily.
>>
File: IMG_7067.jpg (3 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7067.jpg
3 MB, 2816x2112
Who else /tradingcards/ here?
>>
File: 1410371320381.gif (1 MB, 499x654) Image search: [Google]
1410371320381.gif
1 MB, 499x654
>mfw copying mike with the robobot armor
Easily my favorite copy ability in the robobot.
>>
>>340676240
Post cards
>>
>>340676240
Cashier was nice enough to throw in two packs for me. Since there were different cards in each pack, How many unique cards total are there?
>>
>>340671884

How is it for you so far?
>>
>>340676029
Every thrown object did damage in super star the same way it does in modern games. Jet could 3-hit KO Kracko with Rocket Dive with the ascent, the dive, and the thrown enemy. Damage can be done the same way in Robobot. Grabs and throws aren't exclusive to Suplex; that was just the ability's Modus Operandi.
>>
File: clone high five.jpg (110 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
clone high five.jpg
110 KB, 550x412
>>340676283
My nigga, great taste. Too bad it's not used more.
>>
>>340676790
I'm liking it. I can already see the refinement that HAL brought to the level designs. And the levels I've played so far all have great background themes and elements. The new powers are pretty fun too, even if they still don't match my boi archer. I'm digging the electronic mixes to classic Kirby music.
>>
>>340676283
Cutter Mode is mine. It allowed me to tear through Clanky Woods in 6-8EX before we even made it halfway to the end. Constant damage+double star spit on demand is awesome.
>>
>>340675743
I want the next Kirby game to bring back Helper system and expand it to 4-player.
>>
File: 18446008_p0.png (716 KB, 1024x729) Image search: [Google]
18446008_p0.png
716 KB, 1024x729
>>340663785
Brilliant summary of the character, by the way. King Dedede is among my favorite video game character.
>>
>>340677368
I think the helper system would be a bit stressful. In RtD, players could drop in and out at any point. With helpers, enemies with Copy Abilities would need to be found first, turning players 2-4 into backseat players until they are found.
>>
Anyone know where the second code cube is in Rhythm Route 3?
>>
the doctor ability is new, right? I love it!
>>
File: 1412433357899.gif (457 KB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
1412433357899.gif
457 KB, 390x293
>>340678162
>Doctor
>Not using based poison
>>
Reminder that you're a huge pleb if you use anything other than the doodle stickers.
>>
>>340678434
Not him but poison kind of sucks.
>>
>>340678434
You mean water clone?
>>
File: Castle Dedede 64.png (3 MB, 598x4842) Image search: [Google]
Castle Dedede 64.png
3 MB, 598x4842
>>340677368
I would like that too. I'd also like the 3D full 3D world, with depth, winding turns, the real sense of progression Kirby 64 offered. Say what you want about the game, but I preferred that to 2.5D at least. It would work much better in higher resolution with widescreen, too, as the screen can be zoomed out more and you can see ahead of you better.

>>340677717
It encourages more interaction and planning with your friends, and offers more room for variety and exploration. It would be a more intricate system, but it would be a very fun one.
>>
>>340677779
Never mind found it.
>>
>>340666879
we have the same taste anon, only i got a kirby amiibo. my shoes better have arrived by the time i get home
>>
>>340679084
Kirby 64 was totally 2.5D though.
>>
What is the best ability and why is it Archer?
>>
>Second COGS wall explodes and turns into Kabula
>>
>>340679430
Not totally, no. It's a 3D game on a 2D plain.
>>
what the hell is this autism
>>
File: 24420630_p0.jpg (619 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
24420630_p0.jpg
619 KB, 750x750
>>340668283
Simirror shouldn't have that face.
>>
>>340679525
That's what people mean by 2.5D anon
>>
>>340679562
No, I don't think so.
>>
>>340678718
No way man, the poison puddles and clouds that do passive damage are fucking great
>>
File: 2263732_p0.jpg (248 KB, 420x750) Image search: [Google]
2263732_p0.jpg
248 KB, 420x750
>>340679617
>>
File: 48377427_p1.jpg (300 KB, 570x500) Image search: [Google]
48377427_p1.jpg
300 KB, 570x500
>>340679921
This is such a dumb joke & I love it.
>>
File: 1464953851992.png (624 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464953851992.png
624 KB, 1280x720
>Jet + mech = shmup

I'm not mad just a little disappointed, other than that Kirby planet robobot is great.
>>
>>340679658
Not exactly, 2.5D graphics are made with the same design ethic as 2D, with polygons. Same kind of camera, foregrounds, platforms, and backgrounds. Games like Kirby 64 create a fully 3D world and put you on a single path, with dynamic cameras and turning paths. They take more advantage of 3D. It's more like 2.7D.
>>
>>340680091
Nyeh Simirror.
>>
Kirby 64 Crystal Shards is the best Kirby game prove me wrong.
>>
>>340680884
Too slow.
Backtracking out the ass.
Bosses are mostly shitty.
No co-op.
>>
>>340680884
Super Star
Robobot
Amazing Mirror
>>
File: 37247005_p0.png (493 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
37247005_p0.png
493 KB, 600x600
>>340680884
I can't, it's the best Kirby game to you, and I wouldn't want to take that away from you.
>>
>>340680091
Explain? I don't get it.
>>
>>340680884
Its a great game, the only thing that plagues it is that the controls feel loose as fuck when jumping or running.
>>
>>340679910
New anon. Poison is great for bosses, but not the best for navigating levels. Water does that better.
>>
>>340680884
This: >>340681120
Especially the slow part. It's like going through molasses.
Also the combining power ups thing, while nice, makes collecting the shards an absolute pain in the ass.
>>
>>340681120
That may be true, however there's a lot of lesser known awesome stuff about Kirby and The Crystal Shards. There's secret boss that you have to collect all of the shards to fight. The OST is out there online too, with stuff like "Club mixes" too, lol. There's the post-apocalyptic earth world too. I remember playing it at Mcdonalds in Oregon when I were 4 years old in 2001 with their awesome center-video game stations. There's just something so magical about the music and graphics in this game. It's wonderful.
>>
>>340666226
Kay but why does he have banana shoes?
>>
File: 42218106_p2.jpg (99 KB, 534x570) Image search: [Google]
42218106_p2.jpg
99 KB, 534x570
>It's like going through molasses.
Let's not exaggerate, now. It only feels that slow if you're using stone/cutter.
>>
>>340681516
The rating in Japan is covering Simirror on the Super Star Ultra box (technically all the regions for each region does but it only turned into a joke for the Japs I guess).
>>
File: 1434072669286.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1434072669286.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>Casino level
God damn I forgot how cool these could be. Shame they can't be in more games for some reason.
>>
File: not sure if smash.png (308 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
not sure if smash.png
308 KB, 512x512
>mfw there's no hype/discussion of Robobot because everyone pirated it a month ago
God damn it
>>
File: 1401846017518.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1401846017518.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>340681669
>There's your controller, little bro.
>>
>>340681267
What's your favorite Kirby game?

Nightmare in dreamland is my second favorite.
>>
File: 1464420630842.jpg (1 MB, 1079x1846) Image search: [Google]
1464420630842.jpg
1 MB, 1079x1846
>>
Real Talk, Kirby is the most consistent gaming series of all time.

When you buy a traditional Kirby game, you know exactly what you're getting every time and you know you wont be disappointed. Every mainline game from Dream Land 1 right up to Robobot has been nothing short of great.

I'd even consider Kirby as being one of the great spin-off series too. Air Ride, Power Paintbrush & Rainbow Curse and even Epic Yarn are criminally underrated games that get shit on more than they should. Epic Yarn especially, that had an amazing OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSRnJyfZoYQ
>>
File: 44425543_p8.jpg (56 KB, 599x515) Image search: [Google]
44425543_p8.jpg
56 KB, 599x515
>>340682061
Kirby Super Star, the obvious choice I know but I never get tired of play it with friends.

My 2nd and 3rd favorites are Kirby's Adventure and Kirby's Dream Land 3.
>>
File: 1464854709641.png (2 MB, 998x1500) Image search: [Google]
1464854709641.png
2 MB, 998x1500
Why are Kirby threads the only happy Nintendo-related threads nowadays?

All the other ones just have tons of shitposting, "Nintendo will go third party lol" or just "muh sales". The worst we get nowadays are faggots who come in and spout "lol kiddy game" and leave.

What is it about Kirby that keeps everyone so calm
>>
>>340682487
Wow! Awesome to meet a superstar fan. I've never had the pleasure before.

There is actually a lot to learned from Kirby, this thread has helped me a lot as a person.

Remember the Kirby Tilt n Tumble for Game Boy Color? That game was awesome. Funny story, I plugged it into my GameCube adapter but it didn't work for what are now obvious reasons to me. So I picked up my GameCube and started tilting it around and stuff to play the game lol.
>>
File: 1460083316289.png (224 KB, 490x450) Image search: [Google]
1460083316289.png
224 KB, 490x450
>>340682487
>saw super star ultra in a mom and pop shop
>bought it
>wouldn't work on my 3DS
>attempted to return for a new one if they had another
>they had like 6 of them
>none worked in my 3DS
>one clerk tried to set up a 3DS
>another one comes back and uses it on a DSlite
>works
>try it on my sister's 3DS
>turns out they were fake
>could only get store credit back
>>
>>340682883
>What is it about Kirby that keeps everyone so calm
He's a cute pink blob. You can't get mad at that.
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>Triple Deluxe had attacks that would smash Kirby into the screen.
>Robobot adds attacks that send him flying into the background.
>>
>>340682883
To hate Kirby is to hate videogames.

Nobody ever wants to expose themselves by shitposting in a Kirby thread.
>>
File: 48180986_p7.png (284 KB, 887x699) Image search: [Google]
48180986_p7.png
284 KB, 887x699
>>340682935
There was going to be a Kirby Tilt N' Tumble 2 on the gamecube, which would have required a GBA as a controller with a gyro cartridge popped in. I can understand why they didn't go through with the idea, but I think it could have been even more realized as an E-Shop game on the Wii U.

You can read about it here
https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/08/koro-koro-kirby-2-kirby-tilt-n-tumble-2-gc-unreleased/
>>
File: do you even hotoke beam.jpg (31 KB, 584x582) Image search: [Google]
do you even hotoke beam.jpg
31 KB, 584x582
>>340683232
>Smashing into the screen while in Robobot armor causes the screen to crack
>>
File: 1416121672111.png (111 KB, 282x359) Image search: [Google]
1416121672111.png
111 KB, 282x359
>>340683232
>Robobot armor crashes against the screen and cracks it
>>
>>340683462
>>340683527
>crack mind
>>
File: 1413266568295.png (181 KB, 450x325) Image search: [Google]
1413266568295.png
181 KB, 450x325
so is he a penguin or not?
>>
File: 54549733_p7.png (272 KB, 498x530) Image search: [Google]
54549733_p7.png
272 KB, 498x530
>>
>>340683385
That's amazing, The cart is so cute though!
>>
File: kirby you are the worst.jpg (116 KB, 955x750) Image search: [Google]
kirby you are the worst.jpg
116 KB, 955x750
>>340683862
he's perfection
>>
File: 1464769054142.png (117 KB, 364x362) Image search: [Google]
1464769054142.png
117 KB, 364x362
>>340683862
He's a perfect king that's gonna clobber there Kirby.
>>
File: 1135408995-00.jpg (132 KB, 686x797) Image search: [Google]
1135408995-00.jpg
132 KB, 686x797
1/1
>>
File: 44519772_p0.jpg (93 KB, 505x640) Image search: [Google]
44519772_p0.jpg
93 KB, 505x640
>>
File: 1463545401063.jpg (50 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
1463545401063.jpg
50 KB, 648x648
What's the first level you missed a cube on for your first go through?

>World 3-2
>>
>>340684413
5-3 and 5-4.
I didn't realise that I had to reveal the Waddle Dees in 3 and leave the second wall up in 4.
>>
File: 10089239_p0.png (558 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
10089239_p0.png
558 KB, 700x700
>>340684339
>think you got the level's first cube
>it shows up as the second or third cube
:c
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfWiF6JC5Rc

I love this song!
>>
File: 45616539_p0.jpg (151 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
45616539_p0.jpg
151 KB, 600x600
>>340684654
was for
>>340684413
>>
File: 1463260007788.gif (2 MB, 245x281) Image search: [Google]
1463260007788.gif
2 MB, 245x281
>it's a "Rare Sticker is hidden in the Hal Room/Smash Room" episode
>>
>>340684413

3-5

>Got hit by a mecha-Acro and lost Hammer before I could pound a stake in.

whoops
>>
File: 48049562_p0.jpg (161 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
48049562_p0.jpg
161 KB, 1100x1100
Does Kirby have any dinosaur characters?
>>
>>340684967
No, but Kirby is an alien I think. He sure is nice to everybody, even as an alien.
>>
>>340681880
I'll still talk about it with you anon.

Which of the new/returning abilities is your favorite?
>>
File: KDL2_Ice_Dragon.png (173 KB, 492x419) Image search: [Google]
KDL2_Ice_Dragon.png
173 KB, 492x419
>>340684967
close enough
>>
File: 31416743_p0.jpg (179 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
31416743_p0.jpg
179 KB, 640x480
>>340684413
It's been a month now but I think the second cube in 5-3 gave me trouble.
>>340684815
You referring to 5-2? That one was a bitch for me to find.
>>
>>340681880
>he hasn't hacked his 3DS yet

LITERALLY
NO
EXCUSE
>>
File: 45822524_p7.png (197 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
45822524_p7.png
197 KB, 400x400
>>340680091
>>
>>340685341
Also the one in the Robobot Boss Rush which was a hidden area that was ALREADY HIDDEN IN A SMASH ROOM
>>
File: Hypernova.jpg (256 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Hypernova.jpg
256 KB, 560x560
Why is Robobot so damn good?

>Copy abilities are unique and actually useful
>Robo armor feels natural and melds with normal kirby gameplay really well
>Brings back remixed music tracks from previous games
>Boss fights are 10/10, with multiple phases that actually require a bit of strategy
>Uses 3D in a non-obnoxious way
>Top tier atmospheres for the worlds and levels

Is this it? Have we reached peak kirby?
>>
>>340685530
Oh right, forgot about that one, I caught that one my first time around luckily. I like how they still have good ways to hide these things in the games.
>>
File: 44634667_p8.png (69 KB, 525x418) Image search: [Google]
44634667_p8.png
69 KB, 525x418
>>
>>340685631
When will we get to mix powers again? Mixing powers was so cool...
>>
>>340685631
The repeated gameplay changes from Kirby to Robobot were a bit disorienting for me. But then again, I binged the game after it came out.
>>
File: 47062012_p3.jpg (253 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
47062012_p3.jpg
253 KB, 1000x750
>>340685841
There was plenty of room for improvement, too. I feel like that mechanic never lived up to its potential.
>>
File: Trilogy.png (1 MB, 892x1252) Image search: [Google]
Trilogy.png
1 MB, 892x1252
>>340685631
It's the peak for Kumazaki to say the least, I'm still more partial to Super Star but Robobot is definitely in my top 5. That was the most fun I had with a game in so long.
>>
File: 1445377683271.png (39 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
1445377683271.png
39 KB, 298x300
>>340685370
>pirating before a system has been phased out
>>
In Robobot do you get a Sticker each time you get "1" on the cannon minigame?
>>
>>340686176
Yes
>>
>>340686153
Good Goy.
>>
>>340686176
>tfw can't plaster 100 stickers all over my armor, only T W O
>>
File: 1428447873828.jpg (56 KB, 497x602) Image search: [Google]
1428447873828.jpg
56 KB, 497x602
>in a secret room
>with fire blocks and an ice power
>hmm I wonder if they'd put a secret below the fire blocks here
>freezes and breaks them to drop below
>thunk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96m9TCp2NlI
>>
>>340685280
The new abilities are pretty fun, I love the poison mechanic for Poison Kirby. I'm also super happy Mirror is back, I love it. Fighter is still the best though.
>>
File: 26539559_p0.jpg (293 KB, 533x706) Image search: [Google]
26539559_p0.jpg
293 KB, 533x706
>>340686029
I like how they all have their own styles.

>Sakurai
Poppy, happy, adventurous, and cartoony.

>Shimomura
Subtle, laid-back, and slightly sombre.

>Kumazaki
Actiony, flashy, and anime-like.

I'd really like another creative mind at HAL gets a chance at directing some Kirby games, I wonder where they'll take it next!
>>
>>340686863
Shimo style was best.

>we'll never get a puzzle-oriented Kirby platformer again
>>
File: 39379120_p4.jpg (338 KB, 850x695) Image search: [Google]
39379120_p4.jpg
338 KB, 850x695
>>340686585
I like how Return to Dream Land gave a little indication of where pits were, that faded black and grey striped border.
>>
File: 36595638_p0.jpg (391 KB, 1450x1050) Image search: [Google]
36595638_p0.jpg
391 KB, 1450x1050
>>340687075
I'm sure we will anon, just give it time. They've done 3 really good Adventure style games now, I'm sure they're itching to either cool down with something simpler, or spice things up with something more ambitious.
>>
I love that Jet is back but what did they do to it's speed?
It feels like they mixed up Jet and Fire's horizontal charge
>>
>>340686863
My least favorite trilogy was definitely Shimomura's. Mainly because of the lack of standalone abilities and hats. Elsewise it was pretty good.
>>
File: KDL2_Boxart_J.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
KDL2_Boxart_J.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
Playing Dream Land 2 for the first time and WTF?! Nobody told me that it was this hard (at least for a Kirby game).
I also find it kind of bland, but that might be because I came from playing Robobot, TD and NiD.
One cool thing though, and IIRC this wasn't possible in NiD, is that they have a jump button (without the floating) and a float button. I'd always get killed in NiD because I'd unintentionally float.
>>
The fucking dedede clones exploding into D D D was amazing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yueWU5K8O9w

<3
>>
>>340687597
In super star, Jet could fly endlessly horizontally if you dashed before jumping. If you didn't, you would fall a lot between boosts. Robobot removed this, making you peter out after a set amount of boosts, but allowed one to fly for great lengths regardless of whether they dashed before they jumped.
>>
DL3 for 3DS when?
>>
>>340687831
Prepare your anus for the true final boss.
>>
File: 4727314_p0.jpg (111 KB, 580x531) Image search: [Google]
4727314_p0.jpg
111 KB, 580x531
>>340687751
I like hats, but I also like that they don't use them when they decide to make the power effect Kirby physically and become a part of him, more than becoming a tool that he's using. It also works better with the more minimalist style those games have. It all depends on presentation, really.
I also like how the abilities work in DL3. Simplified a lot from Super Star, but they all still have multiple uses and the 6 friends with their own distinct play-styles make them 6 times as fun!
Definitely different and simpler than Sakurai's games (which will always be my favorites), but Shimomura's will always have a big place in my heart too.
>>
>>340688085
Why not just inject it yourself?
>>
>>340687751
>he didn't like mixing and matching with the animal buddies

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>340688326
Can't be bothered to hack my 3DS.
Plus I usually pay for games in series I like anyway.
>>
>>340687982
Something magical about these older blocky games that we can't get back.
>>
>>340688435
We don't all have to like things the same, let's try to respect each others preferences.
>>
>>340688479
The art style is really beautiful honestly, It's sort of like a minimalistic 3D style. To me the graphics don't even look bad, they look beautiful to me; normal even. It's something about the fact that they utilize round shapes as much as possible in this game. That boss, which is just a drawing, also utilizes the 2D drawing in a 3D world before paper Mario even does, which is interesting. The round bright colors just remind me of my childhood, I can see the limitations if I look for a while, like Adeleine's brush. The graphics other than that look unique, and I truly do love. Also, that n64 font that the game over screen is written in! So nostalgic.
>>
File: 49312968_p0.png (764 KB, 955x1200) Image search: [Google]
49312968_p0.png
764 KB, 955x1200
>>340689146
I totally agree. The vast majority of Kirby games have a great aesthetic, but Kirby 64's really stands out as artistically beautiful to me.
>>
File: Yoshihiko is easily impressed.jpg (35 KB, 691x494) Image search: [Google]
Yoshihiko is easily impressed.jpg
35 KB, 691x494
>>340687901
>Second phase starts
>Oh nice, a new Dedede remix
>mfw it turns into Revenge of Meta Knight's ending theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD33I1-uC4c
>>
>>340690310
I kinda hope this hyperactive theme of his from Kirby 64 gets worked into a new game sometime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehC7uoDugPM
>>
Man, they got really weird with the OST in this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIvBWepk9k4
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 1079x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 1079x714
What's everyone's favorite robobot armor? I'm digging ESP so much.
>>
>This cyberspace level

Damn son.
>>
The remixes of factory inspection in KatRC and KPR are a little overdone, kinda tryhard. Still a great composition and good takes on it, but the original strikes the best balance between grungy and forlorn.
>>
File: 57282896_p23.png (239 KB, 700x850) Image search: [Google]
57282896_p23.png
239 KB, 700x850
>>340691674
Wheel is cool.
>>
>>340691674
Surprisingly, Parasol

Helicopter robot with ground pound attack? YA
>>
>>340680262
Well what else would it be?
>>
File: excited corgi.gif (3 MB, 301x265) Image search: [Google]
excited corgi.gif
3 MB, 301x265
>mfw Robobot's second boss
I actually had to use an item during the fight, totally took me by surprise. Really nice throwbacks during the fight too.
>>
>>340691676
Endgame in Robobot is fucking gorgeous. Almost surprises me that a 3DS game can look this good. And just wait till you get to the final boss.

Trust me on this: crank up the 3D to max when you get to the final boss, they do some really cool shit.
>>
>>340691674
Really? I can't seem to use ESP properly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Mike is by far my favorite, I love it, but Cutter is a close second. Revving up the buzzsaw and just obliteration everything is super satisfying.
>>
>>340692187
Pretty much the third example in this video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fCOAjNQllYU
>>
>>340692502

>I can't seem to use ESP properly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Honestly, just hold down the attack button and you'll demolish everything.
>>
>esp is a ness reference
neat!
>>
Some faggot posted a screencap of this thread on /r/4chan.
>>
File: WVW69jSOus8jG4IWaw.jpe.jpg (196 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jSOus8jG4IWaw.jpe.jpg
196 KB, 400x240
I've been waiting forever for these guys to come back.
>>
>>340692179
I just used esp and wrecked all of them without even thinking.
>>
>>340694737
of course
i think id rather regular kirby, though
>>
File: 35241267_p11.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
35241267_p11.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>>340668003
He's really underrated.

>>340693724
I didn't even write it, I found it on an awesome Kirby Rainbow Resort guy's DeviantArt. His name is Daiyamo KoiKoi.
>>
File: dedede.jpg (80 KB, 413x388) Image search: [Google]
dedede.jpg
80 KB, 413x388
>>340694737
>>
File: 49393341_p1.jpg (403 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
49393341_p1.jpg
403 KB, 600x700
>>340681693
he thought they would help him skate to olympia
>>
>>340694737
Waddle Dee > Dedede > Kirby > Meta Knight

Any other order is shit taste in women
>>
File: 1464737186811.gif (218 KB, 340x324) Image search: [Google]
1464737186811.gif
218 KB, 340x324
>>340695752
God, the grumps RtDL playthrough + superstar was so good. Makes me miss Jon
>>
what is the best stage theme and why is it Cocoa Cave?
>>
>>340680093
>7 meta knights
thanks hackurai
>>
File: 36016152_p0.jpg (194 KB, 677x634) Image search: [Google]
36016152_p0.jpg
194 KB, 677x634
>>340695913
I was never a big fan of them, or any kind of fan, but I liked watching their videos every now and then, it was comfy and they had good chemistry. Watching it now, the new guy doesn't have any chemistry with Egoraptor, and they always seem like they're tired and bored. Rarely I miss watching them for the casual banter and cutesy affection they had for each other.
>>
>>340696193
I forgot about this song, definitely a great stage theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0UlGDsH2R4

Has any of the more recent games remixed it? The next better if they haven't,
>>
File: 0db.png (709 KB, 1023x864) Image search: [Google]
0db.png
709 KB, 1023x864
>>
File: 37651388_p6.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
37651388_p6.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>>340696193
>>340696458
Here are some other great ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6lz3Akqr_U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7loQmAngM94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBHVycBi-oU
>>
>>340695249
What I meant is that we apparently can't have fun discussing a videogame like in this thread. And this thread is good, btw. Fuck reddit.
>>
File: 30637900_p6.jpg (24 KB, 150x280) Image search: [Google]
30637900_p6.jpg
24 KB, 150x280
>>340697271
It doesn't bother me.
>>
File: 357151.jpg (339 KB, 1120x840) Image search: [Google]
357151.jpg
339 KB, 1120x840
>>340697649
OK. I'll post cute Kirby art now, then,
>>
File: 2884670.jpg (165 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
2884670.jpg
165 KB, 512x512
>>
File: 27172636.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1017) Image search: [Google]
27172636.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1017
>>
File: Jet.png (115 KB, 312x386) Image search: [Google]
Jet.png
115 KB, 312x386
Not that I disliked Jet in Super Star, but goddamn it feels so fucking perfect in Robobot.

Mirror is also really great.
>>
File: 43688621_p5.jpg (64 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
43688621_p5.jpg
64 KB, 500x400
>>
File: 1463272752884.png (377 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1463272752884.png
377 KB, 800x800
>>340697271
As long as those redditfags don't come here for summerposting, then our Kirby threads will be clean.
>>
File: 1216987_p0.jpg (105 KB, 700x490) Image search: [Google]
1216987_p0.jpg
105 KB, 700x490
>>
>>340679084
But Kirby 64 is 2.5D
>>
>>340698609

Best animal partner.
>>
File: 45155974_p17.jpg (83 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
45155974_p17.jpg
83 KB, 600x450
>>340698424
As long as they don't post forced shallow memes ad nauseum, or perverted images of Kirby characters, I don't care where else they go online.
>>
File: 1463269998052.png (299 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463269998052.png
299 KB, 600x600
>>340698970
BORB
>>
File: 1445231641669.jpg (436 KB, 800x607) Image search: [Google]
1445231641669.jpg
436 KB, 800x607
>>340664793
>>340665042
Literally perfect.
>>
File: 44813459_p3.png (336 KB, 1000x671) Image search: [Google]
44813459_p3.png
336 KB, 1000x671
>>340698964
Pitch + Spark is one of the most fun moves in the series, I think.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2372x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2372x1600
ATTENTION EVERYONE
BORBS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD
>>
>>340698141
mirror is a fucking blast. I'm also digging the circus ability. that whole casino level was great
>>
File: Nows01.png (16 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Nows01.png
16 KB, 128x128
>>
File: 46984637_p22.jpg (224 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
46984637_p22.jpg
224 KB, 600x538
>>340699327
OUR WORLD
>>
>>340699434
epin XD
>>
Can we lore? Because I want to Lore.

If the security system of Haltmann Holding Company being Pix means anything, there's the possibility that Rock Star is what a planet looks like after Haltmann drains a planet of most of its natural resources

>>340676240
TIME OUT WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE
>>
File: 1499365_p0.jpg (37 KB, 327x258) Image search: [Google]
1499365_p0.jpg
37 KB, 327x258
>>
File: 29650673_p0.gif (83 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
29650673_p0.gif
83 KB, 500x365
>>
File: 4725154_p0.png (430 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4725154_p0.png
430 KB, 640x480
>>
>>340694253
hold up

WE DEM BORBS
>>
File: 31403562_p0.jpg (93 KB, 450x738) Image search: [Google]
31403562_p0.jpg
93 KB, 450x738
I wish Squashini could become a character in the main games, he was great.
>>
>>340699936
That image makes me miss Keke, she was such a cute little enemy.
>>
File: 46812489_p0.jpg (261 KB, 540x480) Image search: [Google]
46812489_p0.jpg
261 KB, 540x480
>>
File: 56255061_p14.png (1 MB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
56255061_p14.png
1 MB, 980x980
>>340700172
Clean will return someday, and Keke probably will too.
>>
File: 2858869_p0.png (98 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2858869_p0.png
98 KB, 300x300
>>340700495
was for
>>340700115
>>
File: keke_by_brotoad-d7eps5j.png (142 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
keke_by_brotoad-d7eps5j.png
142 KB, 500x600
>>340700495
>>340700581
I hope you're right about that, I'm sick of all these cute characters making an appearance and then disappearing beyond the occasional cameo. Also I want the clean ability from the GCN Kirby game, it looked like the moveset might have been expanded.
>>
File: 36905683_p0.png (706 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
36905683_p0.png
706 KB, 900x1200
>>340700581
I want Kirby GCN in general, that game is a complete enigma. Maybe an iso will leak in a decade or two, many cancelled games tend to pop up on the internet somehow.
>>
File: 46984637_p4.jpg (74 KB, 600x676) Image search: [Google]
46984637_p4.jpg
74 KB, 600x676
>>340701210
>>340700797
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.