[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Borderlands TPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: borderlands-pre-sequel.jpg (206 KB, 1596x897) Image search: [Google]
borderlands-pre-sequel.jpg
206 KB, 1596x897
So I decided to try pic related, went in expecting nothing:
>Low gravity is actually pretty cool and encourages vertical exploration for chests
>O2 kits that change AoE elemental damage on stomping
>Not shit drop rates for legendaries (maybe I was lucky, but then again they recently increased them in BL2 after 3 years) and most of all, finally legendary gear in machine vendors
>Lazor guns are the shit, finally give usefulness to Tediore manifacturer
>Wilhelm skill tree is better than any character from BL2 besides Krieg, don't know about other characters yet
>Moxxi cocktails
>NO FUCKING SLAG WEAPONS

Even though writing is still randumb dogshit for the most part, fetch quests outta every hole and open maps being as bland as possible I find this game way better at its core than BL2.
>>
>>339630458
No it is not as good as 2. Play it a bit longer. Feels under developed
>>
>>339630458
I was so disappointed it was the same engine and it looked exactly like bl2
I was expecting new graphics
I cooped it a bit with friends but we never finished it
cool blog post, upvoted
>>
File: 1365457671101.jpg (97 KB, 626x460) Image search: [Google]
1365457671101.jpg
97 KB, 626x460
Still plagued by the terrible BL writing, even moreso than Memelands 2.

>Could you kill these space skags for me?
>Oh by the way I'm a lesbian
>did I tell you I was a lesbian?
>Man I sure am lesbian right now
>Hey it's me again, I'm still a lesbian
>Boy do I love vaginas because I am a lesbian yessir
>The way you killed that space skag reminds me of my GIRLFRIEND WHICH I HAVE BECAUSE I'M A LESBIAN

Repeat
>>
>>339630458
Not as good as two, with even worse writing. I hope they decide to make a borderlands 3 so they can have not Anthony Burch write it.
>>
>>339630735
I'm just saying I would have liked BL2 way more if it had the same gameplay choices of TPS
UVHM in BL2 has you wasting 2 weapond slots just for a slag weapon and an ass saving norfleet/nukem/whatever leaving little space for other weapon combinations, let alone using your favorite ones.
>>
It felt way shorter than bl2 and bl
>>
Pre Sequel had the best ideas and gameplay mechanics bundled with half baked maps and boring missions.
>>
Are enemies still giant bullet sponges in Presequels late game? That's the thing I hate the most from 2, you are absolutely useless if not in a group.
>>
>'Season Pass' with one expansion

Still mad to this day, and I got it all 50% off.
>>
File: 1369121811934.jpg (24 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1369121811934.jpg
24 KB, 400x500
>>339630458
Laser guns and ice element needs to return for BL3.

>that satisfying sound when you shatter a frozen enemy
>watching their shattered corpse float upwards because low gravity
>>
>>339630458
It was pretty bad, I still played through all of the game and DLC though. The DLC if I remember correctly was really shit and the only sidequest I even remember is the one where you help Rose. Rose being the girl from the revolution with the anime dub voice.

>Bought it and all the DLC wanting to play through it with someone.
>They end up hating it and refuse to play.
>Left to play through solo.
It hurt man.
>>
File: pacha space marine.jpg (432 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
pacha space marine.jpg
432 KB, 838x911
>>339633453
>shattering frozen enemies with Wilhelm's robo-fist
>>
I liked the ending.

The rest was shit.
>>
File: 1369120415484.webm (3 MB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
1369120415484.webm
3 MB, 840x525
>>339633218
>you are absolutely useless if not in a group
Get only equipment above violet, it's the only way.
>>
>>339632672
This. And borderlands 2 gets old after 1000 hours. I prefer the first overall, shits a good time
>>
>>339630458
Buy Claptastic dlc if you haven't already. Only worthwhile part of season pass sadly. I was disappointed how boring Pre-sequel was but claptastic is tons of fun ,no more large and empty moon territories or long labyrinths of in-door corridors ( which are basically whole vanilla game) Map design is fucking amazing plus if you played previous games you will find joy in visiting short "remixed' territories from borderlands 1 and 2. Also a new weapon quantity (pink) and they're fun to use too. Plus customizable arena and bosses to farm even after main quest is over.

Dunno, I hated Pre-sequel but dlc just carried whole game for me to (almost) borderlands 2 level. Shame fifth expansion didn't saw a light of day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHnJ9NmK3Pc
>>
>>339635515
>Shame fifth expansion didn't saw a light of day.
And that's why I didn't give them a penny. Shutting down 2K Australia may have been mandatory, but I'm pretty sure Gearbox could have continued development themselves.
>>
File: 40 chuckles.png (106 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
40 chuckles.png
106 KB, 292x257
I loved how the game was supposed to set up Jack as a big asshole and tell us why we're supposed to hate him.

And literally all it accomplished was making people hate Lilith EVEN MORE.
>>
>>339630458

The basic gameplay is refined a bit. Although one really shit-ass annoying thing about it is the overreliance on resource for most of the characters. Stacks and stacks and stacks all over the fucking place. There's some of that in BL2, but TPS is just five times as bad about it. Aussies are shit toolkit designers.

O2 boosting was a nice little mechanic that adds light, but good manuverability, and I wish BL2 had it. Buttslamming I could do without. Seriously, fuck that shit, it's annoying and doesn't add anything fun.

Ice instead of slag is good. Ice is actually entertaining.

Seconding the other anon talking about claptastic voyage. Base TPS is a dogshit love-letter to the faggots in every game screaming about wanting moonbases. Clappy DLC is surprisingly imaginative, creative, and all-around entertaining, while also adding(wtf?) a depth of character development to the little bastard.

Whoever first came up with the earwig song though. I want to string that motherfucker up by his ears. That shit never gets out of your head.
>>
>>339636761
I hate Lilith but I find it pretty weird that there are so many jack apologists
>>
>>339635515
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oub6at2duQk

Upgraded
>>
>>339630735
Is 80 hours long enough?
I love both equialy, it's essentially the same game with new mechanics and content.
You can't be reasonably liking one and hating the other.
>>
>>339637384
Yes he killed a handful of innocents who he suspected of sabotage and thats bad and all, but his ultimate goal wasn't something crazy like destroying the world. He wanted to create a society on the planet (and others) that didn't have criminals. In fact im still confused as to why hes hated short of that scene with the scientists.
>>
>>339637384

Jack pretty much did nothing wrong in TPS though. He was a bit eager to kill some traitors at the end, but considering he'd been betrayed what, 3 times before that point?

He's just trying to do good you fucking buttholes.
>>
I try to replay presequel on a new character but i always remember the hub of heroism missions and i want to cry.
>>
>>339638025
Well in bl2 he's a total dick. Treating his own workers like shit, killing and oppressing the people who already lived on Pandora, enslaving his daughter, etc. I guess it depends if you believe that the end justifies the means, and if he really did do it for the greater good or just for himself, as I am more inclined to believe. What I liked is that your character in bl2 is just a merc willing to do anything
>>
>>339630458
The problem with this game is the lack of content.

In Borderlands 2 (when you have all the DLC) you could play the game in a lot of different ways:

>First playthorugh: Borderlands 2 vanilla (main and sidequest)
>Second and third playthrough: Level to 15 with main and sidequest from the vanilla game, then play either Pirate Scarlett or Mr Torgue DLC
>Fourth playthrough: Pick the quests you missed from those three previous playthroughs
>Want more? Play Hammerlock and Tiny Tina DLC
>Want a bigger challenge? Play TVHM and UVHM and do that stuff again
>Want and EVEN bigger challenge? Raid bosses

With the Presequel you have only a single path. Your only choice is to do the same sidequest over and over again and Claptastic Voyage, while really good, it's only for level 27-30+ characters (and Holodome is terrible). There is only one raid boss and is a reskin of the last boss from the main game.

For a single playthrough is great. For another one it can be fun. After that is a chore.
>>
File: e51.jpg (102 KB, 758x1054) Image search: [Google]
e51.jpg
102 KB, 758x1054
>Willhelm was a piece of shit in BL2
>Best character alongside Athena in the presequel
Loved that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zeZNHj_k4M
>>
>>339638025

From the moment he killed the merrif(rather his reaction to it after the fact), you were getting clued in to the fact that Jack's kind-of a psychopath. The characters in game realized that as well.

The problem with the way everything unfolded though was the backwards-forwards of seeing Handsome first, and Johnjack second. It painted them into a lot of corners regarding what had to happen and the way certain things had to happen.

TPS probably would've worked better if it had actually been made before BL2, because "unstable Jack pushed over the edge by other pandora maniacs" just doesn't fucking click when you set it against "Jack is evil bastard planning for fucking everything even before BL1 happened." He was already established to be an enormous douchebag and worst father of the cosmos. You couldn't unring that bell.
>>
>>339639591
I find it weird that they killed off characters from other games
>>
>>339639660
He wasn't evil thought. He used the BL1 main cast as mercenaries because he knew he could gain money and power to achieve his goal of making Pandora a living place instead of a shithole full of bandits, murderers and rapist. He didn't think of them as such until they betrayed him, calling them "Vault Hunters" instead of just "scumbags/bastards/bandits", so in he's eyes they were still people that could get the job done for a price, like Willhelm, Athena and Nisha.

The whole "hating them all and wanting every single one of those living there dead" came after that.
>>
Just dropped a legendary smig from a tork queen, drop rates sure are better.
>>
>>339640326

>a man who does that shit to his only daughter, even after losing his wife, isn't evil

Yeah, ok.
>>
>>339640763
Probably scared and angry at her daughter. Plus, like he said, she couldn't control her powers, which he also told to Rhys (and this whole conversation fits the echo logs and events from BL2, so I don't think he's lying)
>>
I just fucking love the trainwreck that is Lilith.

She was a bit of a stupid cunt in BL2, but forgiveable.

Then in TPS, the story about the downfall of Jack and how he fucked everything up was really just the story of how Lilith just made everything worse in every imagineable way.

I can just picture them sitting there coming up with this cool scenario that was supposed to make Lilith look 100% PURE EPIC BADASS and all it did was just make her look like a complete faggot who pretty much created Handsome Jack.

>Teleports behind you
>Punches the vault symbol into your face instead of outright killing you because ???
>Pshh...nothing personnel...jack
>>
I actually started playing BL2 with a friend again since we never got to UHVM before or did raid bosses and shit. It was kinda rough at first but the health bloat really isn't as bad as I was led to believe, like yeah it is a bit bloated but it's not unmanageable for two people. Would be a bit better if we could get our other friend playing again but eh.

I still hope they keep HP to more reasonable levels and slag stays gone in the future though.
>>
>>339630458
OP Is entirely entitled to find joy in something and 'i wish them well in their rare talent.

For nearly everyone else:

>Maps are poorly designed, a frequent feature is that it is a regular possibility to fall "off the map", either because the already rickety vehicle boost is used often to drive over gaps with very little margin of error, or more commonly the equivalent of Mario Sunshine's "chuckster" throwing a player who hasn't placed himself perfectly into the abyss. Combine with poor respawn placement for maximum frustration.
>The game's quest progression is even worse than BL2, and there are times where there simply isn't very much to do between levels, and this should be impossible.
>A recycle of BL2's weapons almost entirely is lazy, not a homage. I think most would have been fine with it if there had also been plenty of new inclusions, there were not.
>Claptrap is objectively bad, and by a wide margin worse than any other class offered so far. Massive props for keeping the lore consistent though.
>Hub has a terrible layout.
>Cocktails are expensive for what they do and how short they last.
>Vehicles are just terrible.
>Enemy scaling is even worse than BL2, Australian team forgot to balance between a solo experience and a team experience. That's his and my opinion, wheras I think the above stuff is mentioned by most of /v/ when they climb down off the usual "terrible writing, mandatory lesbians" stuff.

Also OP, if you're not a fucking liar and did buy this recently the improved drop rate is actually a recent change, one they also made for BL2. I completely agree it was unacceptably low prior to the change but it wasn't one implemented at the time of Pre-sequel's release.

If I could take some genuinely good things from pre-sequel away, the loot-grinder, the use of a floaty jump mechanic or something similar, and the British explorer guy in that one mission are of great merit.
>>
>>339641789
The thing about BL2 endgame (even UVHM) is that it was obviously made with a party in mind.

You can challenge yourself and beat it, yeah, but you will probably get fucked quite a couple times.
>>
File: 1448245291487.jpg (10 KB, 261x197) Image search: [Google]
1448245291487.jpg
10 KB, 261x197
>>339641970
>buy

I knew they patched BL2 but genuinely thought the pre sequel had already improved drop rates since day one.
>>
File: OH MY GAWD.jpg (45 KB, 710x556) Image search: [Google]
OH MY GAWD.jpg
45 KB, 710x556
>Replaced obnoxious loli with bretty cool shota
It's alright.
>>
>>339641970
>>Maps are poorly designed, a frequent feature is that it is a regular possibility to fall "off the map", either because the already rickety vehicle boost is used often to drive over gaps with very little margin of error, or more commonly the equivalent of Mario Sunshine's "chuckster" throwing a player who hasn't placed himself perfectly into the abyss. Combine with poor respawn placement for maximum frustration.

I disagree. You can evade all this issues if you pay attention.

>Claptrap is objectively bad, and by a wide margin worse than any other class offered so far.

Isn't Claptrap strong with a good skill tree though? Not disagreeing with you or anything (I fucking hate to play as him, in fact) but I saw people fucking shit up using him.

>Hub has a terrible layout.
It's alright, I guess. Way worse than the second game though.

>Vehicles are just terrible.
Nah, vehicles are just fine, same as the ones in BL2. What may have made them a bit more difficult to control is the environment itself though.

I agree with everything else.

>If I could take some genuinely good things from pre-sequel away, the loot-grinder, the use of a floaty jump mechanic or something similar, and the British explorer guy in that one mission are of great merit.

Don't forget Laser weapons and Ice element. Also, the British guy appears in two missions.
>>
>>339642412
I can't confirm whether or not pre-sequel had an improved drop rate on release compared to BL2, but I can confirm they adjusted both pre-sequel and BL2's drop rates.

I bought both anon, but this pales in comparison to the time I bought a vita to play one game I had on ps2 that I'd already played on a fucking emulator
>>
>>339642625
Tiny tina was great though.
>>
>>339643061
She was obnoxious in the main game, I was fine with her in the Torgue and Tina DLCs though
>>
>>339634019
>Slagga to the most overpowered gun in the damn game.
>>
>>339642726
I'm not sure how you can accept the two contradictory statements of.

>Vehicles aren't worse, the environment is
>The environment isn't worse, you need to pay attention.

I think what you're saying is that the issues around falling deaths is actually fine by your own standards, and that's why I wasn't knocking OP, but for a lot of people it was, and personally I felt I expended plenty of attention, I didn't die falling off accidentally, I died trying to line up a route over a gap and still failing.

Lasers and ice were nice additions that I do not think actually added any new tactics or strategies. To me, (and I will happily admit I didn't experiment with them enough to say this in general, hence why I left them out of my first post) they were lovely baubles that were fun to experiment with, but were never really a feature in my best gear.

I think it's great they tried some new stuff though, I hope BL3 does the same.
>>
>>339634019
>Level 61
>>
Anyone know any good communities for Borderlands on ps4?
Just started my 2nd playthrough and enemies are complete bullet sponges on my own
>>
>>339643416
>Wanting to level 72
At that point playing solo means respawn spamming, I didn't bought the second level cap dlc either.
>>
>>339643343
>I think what you're saying is that the issues around falling deaths is actually fine by your own standards, and that's why I wasn't knocking OP, but for a lot of people it was

What I meant was that what your problem may have been due to the environments, but for ME it was fine, so yeah, pretty much.

>Lasers and ice were nice additions that I do not think actually added any new tactics or strategies. To me, (and I will happily admit I didn't experiment with them enough to say this in general, hence why I left them out of my first post) they were lovely baubles that were fun to experiment with, but were never really a feature in my best gear.

Nisha was an absolute monster with laser weapons and Willhelm was pretty good with them since he had bonuses with them. Aurelia shined with Ice weapons because of her skill tree as well.

But yeah, they need to be a bit stronger next game to balance them out with other ones. I don't know what else they could do with elements though.

I mean, they have fire, electricity, corrosion, ice (if they decide to carry that over) and explosive (I hope they get rid of slag, which is why I haven't mentioned it) what else could they do with them?
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that the guns in Borderlands 1 genuinely looked better? They didn't look retarded due to parts not being obviously specified to a certain manufacturer.
>>
>>339643817
>Just started my 2nd playthrough and enemies are complete bullet sponges on my own

Oh boy, if you think they are bullet sponges now, I can't wait for you to see UVHM.

I believe TVHM is fine, but you seriously need to do some sidequest to get better weapons, otherwise is gonna cost you quite a bit.
>>
>>339644246
pretty much everything in 1 was better except for longevity and DLC
>>
>>339644349
I disagree, the longevity was actually good, as was the DLC save for Mad Moxxi in all likelihood.

Knoxx was fucking great and had a hub world that I adored. I also feel enemy design was generally better in BL1 as well.
>>
>>339630458
>best class kits of any BL game
>best gameplay mechanics
>best itemization

TPS sans story is a better game than BL1 and BL2. I don't know why everyone shits on it so much.
>>
>>339644349
Except the skill trees, writing (inb4 memes, BL2 had some great moments while BL1 did not and was bland all the way through), characters, environments and unoriginal and uninteresting quests and arguarbly playable characters weren't as interesting as BL2 or the ones from TPS.
>>
File: 1433917249483.gif (664 KB, 383x359) Image search: [Google]
1433917249483.gif
664 KB, 383x359
>>339637859
nigga thats kawaii
>>
>>339631228
>expecting new engine on a spinoff game

Are you retarded? That's like saying you expected New Vegas to have better graphics than FO3.
>>
>>339644565
I dunno
BL1 had a problem of most of the game being Skags
The DLCs lightened up on that a lot obviously but the main game didn't have much enemy variety.
>>
>>339644689
I want to spoil yamada
>>
>>339644765
I agree here. BL1 relied too much on Skags and bandits. What ticked me off was killing off the Hyperion Recon Team so early on, especially since they looked kinda cool.
>>
>>339644565
The DLC was fucking garbage though. The only good one was Knoxx, and it was because of how satisfaying getting loot from the crates was and Knoxx himself (literally the only good character in that game).

Ned Island was a mediocre zombie simulator that was at most an hour long, Mad Moxxi was trash (but you said as much), Robolution was a borefest of bland and repetitive bosses (Blake was alright, I guess) and before getting to Knoxx's boss fight, the whole DLC was boring and repetitive as shit (run with your vehicle here, destroy their defenses/open gate, rinse and repeat).
>>
>>339644246
THey looked more realistic, sure.
But not necessarily better
>>
>>339644117
Literally off the top of my head so these are probably shit but:

Radiation
>DoT like fire, but also increases changes of enemy "mutating" (actually getting tougher, but dropping better loot)

Sironic (geddit, siren, psionic?)
>enemies periodically "soft-psylocked" low chance, only holds them out of combat, broken by any damage/aoe and only works a short time, so a weaker CC.

Memium
>chance on hit of enemy to say something "funny"
>>
>>339638017
Glad you enjoy it, but everybody knows it is inferior
>>
>>339645109
You're probably right. I only really played Knoxx and it was the only one I ever actually saw people playing.
>>
>>339644246
Borderlands gun design was vastly superior. I would rather have superior weapons with literal colour swaps to show difference in brands like BL1 did compared to the clusterfuck of weaponry that was BL2.

But they should take a note and once again improve on both aspects.
>>
Is TPS fun to play alone? Im guessing its deader than dead at this point
>>
>>339645143
The problem isn't entirely that BL2 weapon design was bad, I liked Vladof's rifles, but because the chances of your gun looking good was so low it ended up looking fucking retarded.
>>
>>339645143
>that monstrosity
>better

Hyperion converting to geometric triangles for weapons and racecar yellow was a mistake. The worst decision Jack ever made.
>>
>>339645379
Like all Borderlands games, it's only fun for the first playthrough.
>>
>>339645379
Fun for the first playthrough, maybe two if you play as a different or want a bigger challenge.

Drop it after that.
>>
File: 1437282828146.jpg (124 KB, 563x472) Image search: [Google]
1437282828146.jpg
124 KB, 563x472
>>339644689
Borderlands managed to become one of those western games where the jap dub was much better than the original english.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfO5hq0rcc0
>>
>>339645459
Or with friends
I don't get why you'd ever want to play a game like this with randoms
>>
>>339642124
>tfw no friends
>tfw play through game multiple times alone
>tfw bunker on TVHM for the first time

Still had fun desu.
>>
>>339645651
Anyway to change language or download a voice patch? Might be fun to play it again in japanese.
>>
>>339639591
100% agree.
>>
>>339630458
I gotta disagree with you. Now, I thought the low grav and the stomps were cool, but the environments were boring and the O2 factor was just annoying. Lasers also ruled.

Despite very few innovations, the story remains annoying, the characters are obnoxious, and the quests are so boring.

For the uninitiated, heres a typical Borderlands 2 or TPS quest:
>go here to do simple thing
>get there
>oh fuck simple thing is broken or something so go across the fucking map to go kill a guy/hunt item/whatever fuck you
>go there and do it
>oh wait theres one more thing to do on the other side of the map
>do that
>return where you started
>you get a shitty weapon that does something gimmicky but useless and a handful experience

On top of that, there is the fact that almost every character has this incredibly grating australian accent. It sounds like people imitating australians. Plus, I'm no /pol/tard, but I swear 2K and Gearbox are just pushing way, way too hard to put gay folks into games. Like fuck, I know that stupid aussie cunt had a girlfriend or whatever, but shit, shut the fuck up about how much of a lesbian you are.
>>
>>339641970
>Claptrap is objectively bad, and by a wide margin worse than any other class offered so far. Massive props for keeping the lore consistent though.
Claptrap is the most fun I ever had with any class. His fragmented tree is amazing and boomtrap tree deals a ton of damage.
>>
>>339636761
Didn't play tps. Why do people hate lilith? I just hated her better dead than damsel live
>>
>>339645398
But Borderlands 2 weapon was bad in general.

The fact that, while on paper it may look / sound good, "any part of a weapon can be combined to make unique looking guns" created some of the biggest clusterfucks of the game. The only varying factor of what made a weapon the brand it was was the body piece of the weapon. So you could have a Jakobs handgun. With Jakobs handguns being revolvers, the body would be Jakobs, but then you would get this mixmatching say, a Hyperion barrel, Bandit grip, Dahl sight, and everything just goes to fucking shit, giving you this nerf gun designed by a 5 year old.

What needs to happen for any future installments of Borderlands is that for EVERY BRAND there needs to be SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED BODY PARTS ONLY FOR THAT BRAND ranging from different rarities. So for Jakobs, you could have barrel_1 to barrel_6, with each barrel offering different stats and varying in looks, but only able to spawn specifically for Jakobs weaponry.

But that would take too much work, and Gearbox are lazy as shit.
>>
>>339631315
Oh my fucking god, this. Like jesus fucking christ. You aren't even exaggerating about any of this, either.
>>
File: 1437992727835.jpg (30 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
1437992727835.jpg
30 KB, 480x357
>>339645220
>Memium
>>
>>339646193
That's what I was saying. The guns looked good, but only if they were properly matched up, not that every design looked good by itself. Maliwan is a fucking perfect example, as were the spinning barrels of Vladof pistols. As I said before, it was never likely that you'd get a good looking gun because you'd have a Dahl body with a Vladof barrel and Hyperion stock.

I did like the Hyperion reloading animations, if only because they were reloaded from the top.
>>
So why is Krieg such a fun character in 2 ? You can go fully cookie clicker meele build or full glass cannon hellborn/bloodlust.
>>
>>339645746
I finished Borderlands 1 twice (played as all the classes though, just got bored), Borderlands 2 eight times (once for every class and three times as Gaige) and TPS six times (once for every class) with no friends.

Unironically my favorite FPS series.
>>
>>339646116
>Did my accent throw you off? I meant to say: "I need y'all help to fix up some posters y'all. Donuts, cowboys, homophobia."
Thank Christ Burch is gone.
>>
File: 1290370445779.png (386 KB, 496x384) Image search: [Google]
1290370445779.png
386 KB, 496x384
>revolvers and repeaters merged into a single handgun category

I'm still mad at this decision.
>>
>>339646617
It's like you are figuratively me. This is exactly what I've done.
>>
>>339646685
87 BAJILLION GUNS ANON

BUT WE MERGED TWO GUN TYPES SO THAT REALLY MAKES LESS GUN TYPES WHEN YOU FUCKING THINK ABOUT IT
>>
>>339646617
no friends meaning alone? I'm in a gaming drought right now and was thinking about picking up TPS but was afraid it would be boring af alone
>>
Since it's a borderlands thread, is Pyro Pete the easiest invincible ? KIlled him 3 times in a row as krieg on UHVM (Solo, since I don't have friends to play it with).
>>
>>339646181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urkgk70pERY
>>
Fuck Dahl snipers in 2. Vladof is the way to go for DPS.
>>
>>339646617
>UVHM with no friends
sasuga anon
>>
the best thing about tps is it wasn't pushed as a mmo grindy game like 2 was.

they put in the machine to get rid of all the gear you didn't want and turn it into valuable gear and you could moonshine blues for decent in between gear and glitch weapons were actually fun to use. i liked the less reliance on vehicles as well.
>>
>>339646883
I think so,followed by hyperius.
>>
>>339646961
I can't even beat flynt.
>>
>>339647097
Is there any trick hyperius ? Probably gonna throw my glass vase of a krieg at him soon.
>>
>>339647189
Do you even slag it up, you whore ?

Seriously, Slag weapons are the fucking life blood of any playthrough above vault hunter, ESPECIALLY solo
>>
>>339646783
Is Gaige your BL waifu too? If so, you're my nigger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIUUQrZSI8s

>>339646868
>no friends meaning alone?
Yeah. Like people have said earlier, the games are great for a single playthrough. Is only after that we're the only excuse to play them is if you really enjoyed it.

>>339646961
DPUH + The Bee is the shit.
>>
File: 1461657729888.png (3 MB, 1785x1438) Image search: [Google]
1461657729888.png
3 MB, 1785x1438
>>339646617
>Unironically my favorite FPS series.

Mine too.

>tfw you love Borderlands
>Stillborn being such a failure could potentially harm the development of Borderlands 3

Things were just starting to look on the up side too, what with Burch being gone and the original writer of BL1 in the seat for BL3.
>>
>>339646193
>TFW someone wrote a cheat program and you could craft a legendary gun with the fire rate of an auto rifle and ammunition of rocket launchers in bl2

I fucking loved that game so much
>>
>>339647453
My borderlands waifu is Torgue but Gaige is next.
>>
>>339647453
Fucking yes. Gaige>Maya
>>
>>339647453
DPUH with a fully kitted explosive krieg mah nigga, fuck shields for that.
>>
>>339644246
BL1 guns were way better, and actually felt different, not like the same gun with a different barrel. There was a bit of variance in reload animations, too.
The separation of automatic pistols and revolvers was nice too.
The only weapons I liked the look of in BL2 were the occasional hyperion shotgun and bandit weapons, but bandit stuff was generally ass.
>>
>>339646883
I think Terramorphus is easier but mostly since he's easy as fuck to cheese with that rock. Unless they fixed that since the last time I played
>>
>>339647478
Gearbox really deserved it after the shit they pulled with Aliens though

seems they can't make a good game outside of Borderlands ones
>>
>>339647478
>Stillborn being such a failure could potentially harm the development of Borderlands 3

I doubt it. In fact, they will probably use all their resources for it since is the only thing that could get them out of this mediocre situation since they know people would love a new Borderlands.

I may be wrong, though.
>>
>>339647760
>seems they can't make a good game outside of Borderlands ones

Good. They've found their niche, they should stick to it and perfect it.

Battlelborn was a mistake.
>>
>>339647339
I'm so used to melee tactics i'm trying to get used to slag and switch.
>>339647232
Kill the bots and RUN. hit and run.
>>
>>339647871
Supposedly they said Battleborn took more than the combined resources and efforts of Borderlands 1 and 2 to develop.
>>
>>339631315
Don't forget when they had the Muscle Head badass apologize for my soggy knees. The lesbian making fun of Americans for no reason was pretty annoying too.
>>
>>339647908
Do you not have a slag rubi? Also the tiny tina dlc added a regen grenade with insane slag and tracks enemies.
>>
>>339647892
>Battlelborn was a mistake
I only played a small amount of the beta but it seemed pretty good
The worst thing about it was the art style, god it looks horrific compared to Overwatch
>>
>>339648089
Just got a slag ruby the other day, gonna retry tonight.
>>
>>339648000
Which is why they need this game to be good. If it doesn't, they're probably done.
>>
>>339647892
>Battlelborn was a mistake.
Mistakes are meant to be learned from.
I still think Battleborn was a tech demo for what they could do with Borderlands.
>more characters
>multiple abilities
>skill trees that change the way you play
>turning off dialogue
Battleborn was just one big creative experiment.
>>
>>339648054
Keep in mind that the lesbian is an Ausfag. Making fun of Americans / anybody, shitposting is in her blood.
>>
>>339631315
>tfw you like yuri but you can't stand the way the west writes lesbians
>>
>>339648306
Translators note: yuri =/= lesbianism
>>
>>339648000
>they said Battleborn took more than the combined resources and efforts of Borderlands 1 and 2

true but remember most of bl1 was made with money they stole from sega, so randy's statement doesn't mean much, even worse he's smug about the whole thing saying "we dont even know if people want this game"
>>
>>339647908
>melee tactics

I take it your ethier a Krieg or Zero then ? Either way, if you're wanting to meele, I'd suggest trying to get some slagged bouncy betties type grenade, so you can have a some- what constant source of slag well you are going to town.
>>
>>339647892
The bad thing about it was the timing (facing Blizzard's Overwatch), the mediocre art style, poor marketing and no waifus.

The gameplay has good stuff in it and it actually has quite a bit of content, game modes and fun characters. They just fucked up at the worst possible time.
>>
Anyone still play on xbox 360? if so , what time do you guys usually play?
71 soldier stuck with 61 legendaries.
im assuming its why everything is taking forever to kill.... cant even kill an invincible solo anymore
>>
>>339646675
Birch wrote the pre-memequel too? Suppose it makes sense, has his cuckold fingerprints all over it.
>>
>>339648000

here's whats going to happen:

>battleborn got shit on
>ohshit.jpg
>Gearbox panics
>has to drop BL3 as soon as possible to save the company
>release BL3, buggy as fuck, second half of the game is garbage, Dark Souls-style
>game sells millions but is very criticized
>First DLC fixes the whole game and adds a bunch of missing features, Fallout 3 Broken Steel-style
>game finally gets good after a couple months
>pretty big success, Gearbox is out of the hole
>scared to branch out now because of the failure of Battleborn
>we get Borderlands 4, 5 and 6 the following years
>series finally dilutes and fades away like Assassin's Creed
>>
>>339647908
What character are you and whats your gear?
>>
>>339648754
Some bits. Janey is him all right.
>>
>>339648754
It was pretty obvious that our favourite Cuck wrote stuff after this line came from fucking nowhere.
>>
>>339648306
Romances in manga are pure
unlike reality
>>
If TPS had had better environments and better DLC support it would have been way better than 2.

Borderlands 3 should take place on some low-gravity but still earth-like planet so we can still moon jump and hover around.

>If Gearbox were to go under and and the BL IP sold to another developer, who would you want to develop it?
>>
>>339648632
I'd take you up on this, but I don't have internet aside from my phone right now Anon.
:(
>>
>>339649104
>>If Gearbox were to go under and and the BL IP sold to another developer, who would you want to develop it?

Treyarch
>>
>>339649104
Bethesda
>>
>>339649219
Kill yourself Todd.
>>
>>339648913
Yeah, there is no fucking way that wasn't him. How can someone be such a shit fucking writer that its that obvious? Everything with that bitch was so forced.

>>339648962
My brother and I couldn't even hear any of that dialog, we were too busy loudly groaning. All of that dialog was just uuuuuuuggghhhhhh.

>OI M8 IM A LEBIAN AYE YEH LOLOLOL NO BOYS 4 ME M8 IM A LESBO SO DONT U EVN TRY U CUNT LOL I LIKE GIRLS NOT GUYS SO THATS ME AS I AM A LESBIAN
>>
File: suffering.jpg (45 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
45 KB, 540x429
>we never got an Obsidian Borderlands
>>
File: 1459255606321.png (114 KB, 337x319) Image search: [Google]
1459255606321.png
114 KB, 337x319
>>339648962
>playing it splitscreen with your bro
>tfw your bro fistpumps when this happens and goes on about how true this is
sometimes I worry
>>
>>339649104
I think they should just make it plain ol' double jumping. Jumping was already ridiculous in BL1 and 2, you don't need any explanation for double jumping or how the skills work.
>>
>>339647478
>>339647871
>>339648000
>>339648801

Unlike Battleborn, Borderlands has name brand recognition and a built in fanbase. 2 did very well and wasn't a mega budget title.

I'm sure that even with Battleborn failing BL3 will still be made.
>>
It was honestly pretty decent. Although it was way too short and easy and lacking content. Glad I didn't buy it but I would have if it were 20 bucks.
>>
>>339631315
Does anybody have a screenshot of that part where Mr. Torgue rants about how the friendzone is actually soggy knees?
>>
>>339649324
>characters with pre made personalities
>stupid looking guns
>limited choices

Fuck off, Borderlands is perfect for Bethesda.
>>
>>339649503
>I'm sure that even with Battleborn failing BL3 will still be made.
It's been in the works for a while.
They've already moved some of the BB devs to it.
Even if BB flops, we'll still get BL3, for better or for worse.
>>
>>339649205

>Treyarch

I could actually see that working out well.
>>
>>339649104
>If Gearbox were to go under and and the BL IP sold to another developer, who would you want to develop it?

doesn't matter, it would just go to another take two/2k studio
>>
>>339649104
I'd rather have indie spiritual successor fund on kikestarter
>>
>>339649104
somebody competent for a change
>>
File: Strangle.jpg (51 KB, 290x384) Image search: [Google]
Strangle.jpg
51 KB, 290x384
>>339636761
And Moxxi calling him a power-hungry psychopath while she herself takes joy in watching people fight to the death for her and her tits
>Nothin personnel, sugar ;^)
>mfw
>>
>>339650157
I wouldn't say Moxxi is power hungry, or any more nuts than anyone else. If you hadn't noticed, the entire cast is, at best, a few nails short of a birdhouse.
>>
>>339650157
This.

I mean, I would fuck the shit out of her, but she's a scumbag.
>>
>>339650157
I think they kinda fucked up in BL2 trying to add morality into the story
Throughout BL1 every single character's morality is comically fucked, then suddenly in BL2 it's taking itself seriously and it's all good vs evil
>>
>>339647189
Just play Salvador. It turns the game into a point and click adventure.
>>
>>339649104
Hopefully Bl3 takes place on multiple planets each with different gimmicks.
> low-grav planet for movement Shenanigins
> high oxygen planet (comfy jungle) for increases effectiveness of Fire DOTs (triple proc chance and duration)
> planet with no/toxic atmosphere so you need to manage O2 (give everyone a default O2 helmet that's capacity can be modified with other gear)
> boring regular planet
>>
>>339650436
I always assumed there was no good in it. Your character is just a greedy mercenary who would kill anything.
>>
File: 1459904278066.png (411 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459904278066.png
411 KB, 640x640
Post yfw first time doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Cyt8_BPSw
>>
>>339650591
that was the point in BL1, it didn't take itself seriously at all
the world was ludicrously over the top with its violence, nobody gave a shit about anyone else
then suddenly everyone has morals
it was shit
>>
>>339650591
In Borderlands, everyone is a criminal, a lunatic, a corporate goon, or some combination of the three.
It was shoved to the side in 2 with Jack trying to establish himself as a hero.
>>
>>339650548
>comfy jungle
Did you ever notice how polygonally poor is borderlands 2?
>>
>>339650436
>BL1
>Bird Fucker, Magic Bitch, Fisty McTotallyNotABandit, and Black Man

>BL2
>Turret Fucker, Magic Bitch, Overcompensating Manlet, Mysterious Assassin, Actually A Bandit, and Mad Scientist

Everyone in both games is still some kind of criminal or just fucking nuts, besides Jack trying to play Hero and doing the complete opposite.
>>
>>339650850
Athena even mentions this to lilith. Like twice.
>>
>>339651039
I mean the NPCs, like what that anon was saying about Moxxi
>>
>>339650436
>Borderlands
>good people
Pick one.
>>
File: 1412383866348.png (110 KB, 222x329) Image search: [Google]
1412383866348.png
110 KB, 222x329
>>339641970
>Claptrap is objectively bad
>>
Going to play TPS
What class should I play for my first playthrough
>>
File: 1123.jpg (87 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
1123.jpg
87 KB, 640x633
>>339651039
>and Black Man
>>
>>339651496
Wilhelm master race, the green skill tree is a nuthouse.
>>
I'd buy this shit if Gearbox weren't hyper jews. There is literally no way in hell I'm buying this game + the DLC for ~$25 on sale when Borderlands 2 GOTY is usually like 7.50. They purposefully went the Season Pass route instead of GOTY to encourage these jew tactics too.
>>
>>339651327
that's my point, that's how it was in BL1
then in BL2 all the NPCs are talking about "muh noble cause, muh evil corporation" like they weren't fucking psychopaths in the previous game
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 398x500
>>339647635
>torgue as waifu
>ma nigga
>>
>>339643061
Are you clinically retarded. Tiny Tina is arguably the worst video game character of all time. She's the literal embodiment of Reddit and lolsorandumxD Invader Zim fags.
>>
>>339650436
You're right, everyone in Bl1 was motivated by greed, power or just living normally, no one (except Helena Peirce) cared about anyone else. This worked for the player characters who had base personality's but no involvement in the story other than doing random shit. The reward was cash and guns, it's what players and characters wanted and it worked.

Then Bl2 tried to be an epic tale of good and evil, but didn't change how characters worked. We're meant to be on a revenge quest against Jack for attempting to kill us at the beginning of the game. But since we never talk it's hard to see exactly how we become part of the resistance (made up of characters who would never stay and help in Bl1) and become sympathetic to thier cause.

Whether or not it was Burch or Gearbox's choice to change the story direction, Borderlands's story went to shit after 2.
>>
I miss Mordecai's old voice

>1st game
>a little Latin flair here and there
>enjoyable asshole
>2nd game
>AYY HYPERION DIABLO TOOK MUH BIRD WHILE I TOOK A SIESTA

Also bloodwing is female now. No big deal but why?
>>
>>339651695
Just because they're talking about "fighting Jack's tyranny" or whatever doesn't mean they're not still nuts. Just a less terrible option then letting Jack run things.
>>
>>339651802
She's thirteen boyo, kids at that age are retarded.
>>
>>339651496
Wilhelm. Be a cybernetically enhanced laser man.
>>
>>339651919
Do 13 year olds also talk like retarded wiggers and have a fetish for explosives?
>>
did they ever show any of the ceos of the gun corps besides hyperion and torgue?
>>
>>339651496
Wilhelm. Pick the green/left skill tree.
>>
>>339651496
Wilhelm or Athena. It ain't even fare comparing the rest to those two.
>>
>>339651872
>in-universe reasoning
Bloodwing's species change genders halfway through their life
>what actually happened
Burch didn't play BL, read the wiki, and made up everything from there.
>>
>>339651986
Yes. Really.
>>
>>339651496
athena, wilhelm, or notjack
>>
>>339652049
Why Athena
>>
>>339651986
Only if their parents were used as guinea pigs and they live in a planet full of rapists and murderers.
>>
>>339651986
She lives in Pandora and is a psycho so maybe.
>>
>>339652112
I just looked this up. You aren't shitpostin. Unfucking believable, Burch will take literally LITERALLY any fucking opportunity to shove gender politics or political correction into any fucking aspect of literally anything.
>>
>>339652112
>Burch didn't play BL
fucking seriously
no wonder it was so much better than the sequels
>>
>>339652049
Timothy is great too. And Nisha and Aurelia are fine, really.

Claptrap is terrible though,
>>
>>339652112
I hope Burch stays go. I hope they don't rehire a 'veteran writer' for the sequel.
>>
>>339652340
He said he was willing to sacrifice quality to "change the REAL world for the better". Shit you not.
>>
>>339644678
The writing in the first game is actually quite good, in an understated and grim fashion. The problem is that it was just that: writing. It's all tied up in written text instead of actual dialogue.

Skill trees are the only improvement in the sequels, but it is a seriously good improvement. Game changer skills and actual capstones made builds interesting.
>>
>>339652217
Your skill is a clutch that can save your ass if you ever get in a real bad situation.

Oh yeah, and you get a melee focused tree that will turn you into a champion of Khorne who will spend fights moving all over the place and making enemies bleed so hard that they explode.
>>
>>339652001
I don't think so, we heard a lot about Atlas leadership in Knoxx DLC, but Admiral Mikey (the 5y/o in charge the Crimson Lance due to "goddamn nepotism) wasn't head of the entire company.

Fun fact: Mr Torgue actually apoeared before his DLC, he's on the radio in Bl2 in character, same actor and everything. Interpret as you please what that says about the DLC practices.
>>
>>339652607
No, I fucking believe you. Has anybody been as much of a total faggot as Burch? Is it even possible?

Thank fucking god that I'm not Anthony Burch, and I still have my Wii U.
>>
>>339652742
All i want out of Borderlands 3 is playable Torgue.
>>
>>339652648
>The problem is that it was just that: writing. It's all tied up in written text instead of actual dialogue.

That isn't a problem though. Reading in this day and age is a casual filter. I would rather read dialogue text boxes rather than have some filthy shit tier voice acting vomited in my face.
>>
>>339652879
He became the feel good meme of the season for a reason.
>>
>>339652984
>Of the season

Been a lot longer than the season anon.
>>
>>339652742
they should really explore that more. it would be cool to play a "representative" of a corp and take over another one in the story and it would create whole new tiers and types of items to get.
>>
>>339652727
Sold me on Athena
>>
>>339653037
I just liked the way it sounded.
>>
>>339652914
That would be unbalanced, because no one would ever pick anyone else to play as
>>
TPS is my favourite game in the trilogy desu

Best gameplay mechanics, best classes, best boss fights, and best main storyline minus the writers making Lilith act like a retard by sparing Jack instead of just not giving her the chance to kill him

It's only flaw compared to 2 is the length, and it's only flaw compared to 1 is that the scaling is still kinda fucked.

Really fun game all around though.
>>
>>339652340
Bloodwings gender isn't a political thing at all, it's never mentioned in game. He just got it wrong and had to backpedal when fans noticed it in the e3 demo of 2012 I believe. I have no idea how no one at Gearbox noticed during the writing, editing and recording of the lines.
>>
File: 1429365441842.gif (760 KB, 259x214) Image search: [Google]
1429365441842.gif
760 KB, 259x214
>>339645220
>Memium
>>
>>339652914
Not sure about Torgue.
Vault Hunters are usually fresh blood.
Hopefully Torgue will return to his wrastling masculine self in BL3.
I'd actually like Teen Tina to be the explosives class only if they dropped the nigspeak.
>>
>>339652984
Longer than a season friend, I've been glad that I wasn't him for quite some time.

Honestly, I really miss the threads about him. Guy was fun to shit on, and when he fought back it just made it easier.
>>
>>339652914
i actually wouldn't mind a playable tiny tina only grown up and she reconciled her parents murder and talks more normally. she would probably work for torgue making guns that shoot rockets and that explode into more guns that shoot rockets.
>>
>>339644581
it's the accents
>>
>>339652742
Jack bought Atlas. In Tales from the Borderlands the main character Rhys grabs the rights to Atlas. Tales ends with a cliffhanger but i am pretty sure the characters from that game will stay around for BL3.
>>
>>339653184
I'm no conspiracy theorist, but this is Burch we're talking about. This is the guy who made sure that made sure that every other line of Janey's dialog pertained to how much of a lesbian she was.
>>
>>339630735
the short story is literally the only thing it doesn't do better than 2
>>
>>339653391
i liked the accents and the australia jokes; at least to begin with. problem is they never let up on either and just kept bashing you over the head with them and it just got cringey.
>>
>>339653204
I would be fine if he was added later on after release with some brand new classes to start off.
>>
File: a8c.jpg (36 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
a8c.jpg
36 KB, 600x400
>>339645220
>Memium
>>
>>339652914
This, I need Torgue as a character. Axton with the explosive build was insane. Really a shame that Vermivorous was highly resistant to explosions.
>>
>>339645220
>memium
Dude please don't give them ideas, please
>>
File: aaaahh.gif (83 KB, 200x179) Image search: [Google]
aaaahh.gif
83 KB, 200x179
>>339645220
>Memium

Now, I know it is probably something Gearbox might do, but still.
>>
File: 1437513807661.gif (607 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1437513807661.gif
607 KB, 300x169
>>339650654
>turning scavs into meat explosions
>>
>>339653619
The fucking best Australia anything in the game was Peepot and his tuckerbag.
>>
torgue playable character with grandma flexington dlc and the return of blowhole the apocalypse
>>
Speaking of hopes and dreams, throw gyro jets in the garbage and make explosive a normal element again.
>>
>>339630458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPzBh_sufKU
>>
If Torgue is playable, every one of his skills had better give increased Explosive damage on top of all of his other shit.
>>
>>339634019
>not using a DPUH
>>
>>339654296
action skill would be like claptrap but instead of vaulthunter.exe he would just yell different guitar riff noises that do different explosive stuff.
>>
>>339653184
Pretty sure I remember Mordecai shouting "Good boy Bloodwing!!" Or something along those lines when he'd make a kill.
>>
Wilhelm or Claptrap?
>>
>>339654746
Wilhelm if solo
Flip a coin if doing co-op.
>>
>>339654746
Wilhelm by a fucking longshot.
>>
>>339654746
Wilhelm
He has a fucking Rocket Punch, and as an added bonus, also isn't Claptrap
>>
>>339648962
I found it as satire that the big dumb brute guy was also being really emotional and sensitive.
>>
>>339654925
He already did that in Dragon Keep and with Granny Torgue.
He didn't need a fedora to be a nice guy.
>>
>>339639010
>Well in bl2 he's a total dick. Treating his own workers like shit, killing and oppressing the people who already lived on Pandora, enslaving his daughter, etc. I guess it depends if you believe that the end justifies the means, and if he really did do it for the greater good or just for himself, as I am more inclined to believe. What I liked is that your character in bl2 is just a merc willing to do anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MUdWqvuExo
>>
>>339654925
If we didn't all know who was actually writing it, and it was some other subject matter, it could've been. But it was Burch.
>>
>>339654043
>Sorry way to go, still owing me a drink
>I'll reckon she'll get over it

Peepot was the best.
>>
File: grid-cell-5200-1416345288-20.jpg (31 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-5200-1416345288-20.jpg
31 KB, 490x490
>>339630458
>Moxxi cocktails
Wait, people actually use these?
>>
>>339654043
>>339655173
That quest made zero fucking sense and I loved it.
>>
>>339655457
With a little bit of foreshadowing to boot.
>>
Borderlands writing is kind of like... Shit.

It's like, part of the mythos. It's just a bunch of old junk, shit, and nasty unfunny crap that's mostly too edgy and too sarcastic to be funny. I think for how shitty the humor is, it's supposed to be that way. Like the garbage where bad comedy goes, and you're playing in that world.
>>
>>339655120
That music, that dialog, kinda reminds me a bit of Transistor. Fuck I need to replay that game.
>>
>>339655457
Ausfag here. I understood all of the gibberish, but it made me think.

There are a lot of subtly Australian things in the game, and to an Ausfag we'd mostly shrug it off because we either get it / seen it / understand it / whatever, but do Amerifats feel the same way? I feel like this is how Americans feel when playing an American game, the same way some Ausfags feel when playing TPS.

Example: Boganella.
>>
File: demabs.png (576 KB, 586x920) Image search: [Google]
demabs.png
576 KB, 586x920
best character
>>
>>339655120
Did any choices really matter in that game? I asked because I didn't play it. I don't bother with episodic games and the like.
>>
>>339656105
It's a Telltale Episodic game, ultimately the choices only matter for a chapter or two.

Scooter's still dead either way, which I was genuinely sad about since he was the only non-douchey character in the whole franchise.
>>
>>339656564
I looked up the ending online, sounds unsatisfactory as fuck.
>>
>>339645231
>everyone
Hey, thanks for lumping the entire population of the world into your dumb assumption.

I agree with OP, pre-sequel, at its core is better than 2. 2's redeeming quality is it's amount of content. Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is still one of my favorite DLCs from the last generation
>>
>>339646617
I really enjoyed BL1 and 2 too even though I found the whole setting dumb as hell, specially 2, the first I could stand. I couldn't go past that first NPC that radio calls you in TPS.

That's what I get for being a DOOM and a diablo-like lootfest sucker.

Has there been any other attempt at a loot-centric FPS/RPG even?
The closest I've found is DoomRPG+RLA mods, but balance and mechanics are all over the place across versions, and even though some times can be even more fun, it really isn't as solid.
>>
>>339656793
>Has there been any other attempt at a loot-centric FPS/RPG even?
Destiny
>>
>>339654746

Claptrap is only good if you want your action skill to have absolutely no reliability aside from completely restoring your health. He's a character built off crapshoot and randomness, reliance on other players. Half the time if you use your action skill you'll either annoy yourself or your friends, ESPECIALLY if you get gunzerker mode, ESPECIALLY if you get medic mode (who the hell decided to make a medic gun that doesn't "cling" to the person you're healing?). The only way I could see claptrap being enjoyable in any way is if everyone is playing claptrap, sharing the pain and annoyance of being claptrap.

t. guy who played through the base game twice as well as the claptastic voyage with claptrap with two friends
>>
>>339646831
This is the downfall of the BL2 guns. Too many hard-set rules and combos of parts makes it so there is actually less variety in guns than in the first game.

Even having one part different could make guns behave in vastly different ways. SMGs that shoot double shots, reflecting bullets, arcing bullets, really slow bullets but high damage, etc, etc...

The BL1 guns are almost perfect. I must have done thousands of Knoxx runs (glitch through the floor) when I was bedridden after a major surgery (couldn't sleep due to the pain meds, so I played BL1 like 12+ hours a day for two months) and there are still a LOT of guns and part combinations that I never saw.

That is crazy. I never got a Shattering Bastard. I came close with Steel, but its just not the same...
>>
>>339645220
>Memium

>In the near future wars are fought over this rare crystal, ground into a fine dust and inhaled by twitter users (now recognized as rulers of earth) to increase their funny memetic powers. The saying goes "the memium must flow"

It just writes itself.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.