[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stardew Valley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: stardew_valley_pierre_shop.png (79 KB, 633x356) Image search: [Google]
stardew_valley_pierre_shop.png
79 KB, 633x356
Was it really that forgettable? There isn't even a /vg/ thread for it anymore.
>>
>>339549708
I guess it was.
>>
It's just too easy, the year 3 goals are so easy that most people will just complete them by accident.

I converted to bees directly after I finished mining the first few months, and spent the entire second year just fishing and giving people gifts because there was no reason to farm ever again with 500 bee hives.

By year three I was replacing my beehives with diamond makers. What's the fucking point??? Why continue after that?

You can say for muh comfy, but most of /v/ will just end up creating muh comfy for one photo shoot and then show that off and never use it again.

I think the fast-pace of the game actually is its major downfall. If days were twice as long and stamina was twice ad much, then you'd do twice as much a day but you'd slow down overall even though your progression would be faster just because the day swaps would be the limiting factor.
>>
>>339550237
>It's too easy
>Says the guy with 500 bee hives
Sure, you could take the easy route, or you could NOT play to win and see what the game has to offer.

I thought it was pretty great for a Harvest Moon clone, I don't know about you.
>>
File: 1459962013461.png (376 KB, 582x704) Image search: [Google]
1459962013461.png
376 KB, 582x704
Lewds was all it's good for.

Too bad Jas didn't get many.
>>
Sprinkles were to OP and cranberries made me lots of money easily. Not a lot of events in game and the goals were way to easy.
>>
>>339550893
>Sprinklers were too OP
Huh?
>Cranberries made me lots of money
I'll keep that in mind next time I buy 14 different kinds of seeds
>Not a lot of events in-game
I thought that was on purpose to give you time to do everything else?
>The goals were way too easy
Am I the only one who thought it was mildly challenging?
>>
i put a good 60hours into it, but with patches coming so slowly theres not much else to do in it. i loved it, but i had to move on.
>>
I got bored pretty quickly. Winter was fucking absurdly boring because within the first few days I already had reached the bottom of the cave, gotten the best weapon, and fished all the fish exclusive to Winter. I didn't care that much about making my farm pretty and I wasn't interested in messing with relationships yet so I got burned out quickly.
>>
>>339550563

Okay, lets talk about "what muh game has to offer"

Decoration walls randomly deteriorate, even the best ones. You'll constantly need to repair decorations in some horrifying misguided attempt to stop you from having a farm that looks nice?

Farming is insanely set-and-forget, if you handle mining first and get your hoe and bucket up to a nice level, then you'll spend make 2 seconds on farming per day even if you refuse to use sprinklers because "muh do it the hard way!!!"

Fishing is retardedly rng, you rng which fish you'll see in the first place, and the bounce on the edge of the edges is absolutely fucked. The Legendary fish can and do hit the top of the bar, then the bottom of the bar then the top of the bar back to back. Theres nothing you can do about it. When you arn't catching legendaries though, you can instead just go to bed because the likely hood is the fish will accidentally catch itself it's so easy.

The animals are a literal blight, they cost twice as much to feed as they produce on a day to day basis.

landscapping is a fucking joke, trees/grass/rocks randomly fucking spawn on your land, theres no reason to manage your resources because it'll just magically pop back up next season.

Mining, the literal saving grace of the game makes the game a joke in less than the first week. You have to be a literal basket case not to be decked out in pure iridium by the end of the first year, and once you are you might as well just quit, you won the game now it's just a matter of waking up each morning, doing a few minor chores then going back to sleep.

One of the cave options is so much better than the others its not even funny, if you pick fruit bats you might as well fucking reset your game you fucked it up kid.

Marrying your favorite npc removes everything you might have liked about them and reduces them to one line shitters as interesting as your cat/dog.

What else is there? What else do you want me to talk about?
>>
>>339551730
>Decoration walls randomly deteriorate
I hated that too, so I just used hardwood fences.
>Farming is insanely set-and-forget
Oh, lord, don't tell me you just put them all in a straight line and added sprinklers every five tiles.
>Fishing is retardedly rng
That's the point, it adds mystery. Plus, legendary fish aren't that hard to catch if you use the best bait and have good hand-eye coordination.
>The animals are a blight
Get gud
>Landscaping is a fucking joke
Just bomb the place and be done with it. Get gud.
>Mining
Okay, I must have done something wrong if it was THAT easy for you.
>The fruit bats are the best option
That's not a complaint, that's a fact.
>Marrying your NPC ruins their charm
That doesn't sound like a complaint to me.

Please tell me how to mine properly, since it's clearly the easiest thing in the world.
>>
>>339552518
you
git gud fagget
>>
File: 1459620396543.gif (1011 KB, 670x648) Image search: [Google]
1459620396543.gif
1011 KB, 670x648
>>339553031
>>
File: 1464687029657.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1464687029657.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>>339549708
All i want is multiplayer, i think that's the only thing that will bring it back and that's being developed by chucklefish games so don't expect that anytime soon.
>>
>>339552518
I personally didn't bother with farming after I completed the tasks that needed farming. I just walked out used my iridium hoe to make 3-5 back to back stacks of 18x3 plots, and then watered them with my iridium water bucket till I had completed my farming stuff. By then I was 100% bees. I had actually 500 bee boxes.

>mining advice
So, basically theres some un-intuitive mechanics with mining that make a lot of sense only after you've done it a few times.

Your first real goal is to get to 40 in the mines. This can be difficult because you have to get through the 21-29 bug hell without a lot of gear, but usually you can just run your ass through and desperately luck your way through. If you have no morals you can easily save scum till you just get really lucky, but you dont have to do that, you can get to 40 pretty easily regardless.

Once you are at 41-49, you are going to spend every waking fucking moment of every day killing dust sprites. This is your life now, this is all you do. You wake up, you run to the mines, you kill dust sprites.

Boiler Room reward minecarts makes this one so much easier, but regardless you need 500 dustsprites to get the burglar ring. This ring makes mosnters drop items more commonly.

Save EVERY LAST BOMB, EVERY SINGLE ONE. You want those bombs, I know they are a lucrative sell, but trust me you'll make up the money later using them.

With your 500 dust sprites killed you equip your ring and you start killing more fucking dust sprites. You need a billion fucking coal. Literally as much coal as you can bare to collect because you are making behives mate.

Getting 100 beehives means you are done with the game. Its just a matter of time now.

Next you'll want to upgrade all your gear to max, then you'll want to collect hundreds of bombs, then finish the mines out for the skeleton key.

You use your bombs in the harder dungeon to just breeze through for lower levels and iridium.
>>
It's just way too easy to make money and you have nothing to spend it on.
That's the biggest problem I have with most of these farming games.
>>
>>339553821
I mean, thank you for giving me the advice, but...you know that's not how you do it, right?
>>
>>339553821
Basically you just plop down your bombs, and bum rush to floor 70-100 as quickly as you can fucking imagine each day, and stack iridum.

Your goal is making Crystalariums. It's honestly pretty slow because of the battery packs but if you check the gypsy every day, and make sure to make a billion lightning rods by the end of the first year you'll have enough battery packs to make 5-10.

Diamonds profit 150 gold per day per one of these babies you make, so at 10 or so you have 1500 per day. You can get ten by the first year, your bees will give you approximately 150 per day as well, so you can just count on having infinite money at this point, and then you just do whatever you want.
>>
>>339553794
>being developed by chucklefish games
my favourite meme
>>
>>339554036
Thats how I did it and I was done with the game by the time I hit winter first year, I was missing some quality crops for my bundles that took me till the end of my second year. That's all there was to the game.

I Got all my friends, caught all the legendary fish, and completed the museum at the end of my third year, and was floating like 100 grand or something that I just couldn't really spend.

I was starting to just phase out beehives with Crystalariums. but I just stopped caring.
>>
I enjoyed it for the 30 or so hours I put into it. The more I played the more grindy and unwieldy my farm becomes.

Doesn't take too long before you've seen it all, or before you're just sitting around waiting for new things to happen and are in maintenance mode which feels like a job.
>>
Are there any sex mods
>>
>>339554967
yes
>>
I got 130 hours or so out of the game. Might come back if 1.1 turns out to be interesting.
>>
It was a shit game hyped by pc fags because they don't have access to Rune Factory or Story of Seasons so they act like an imitation is as good as the real thing
>>
Does HM/RF have a /vg/ thread?
>>
>>339549708
People who got into it have left their computer rooms, bought a farm, and started building friendship with the locals.
>>
>>339555368
>this is what nintendrones actually believe
>>
>>339555025
Are they good?
>>
>>339555514
no
>>
They already made bank, who cares if people are still playing it?
>>
Why does everyone hate the fruit bats? Mushrooms are easy as fuck to get and find, I mean it's not like you can't straight up tap giant mushrooms which spawn on your farm.

With bats it helps a lot with the bundles so you don't have to grow every damn tree just to get fruit you aren't interested in ever again.

Ya mushrooms make some good stuff but energy is easy to get from other sources it should never even be a problem.
>>
Didn't this game some some BBC couple?
>>
>>339556289
I was able to buy and afford all the trees and finish the bundle by the second year, also the gypsy sells all the fruit so you can just get them if you are midly lucky and check daily.

The mushroom farming is just so much more tedious since it's RNG.

Also, once you have fruit trees, you can just store them up forever, theres no way to store up mushrooms without the mushroom cave.
>>
>>339556413
you're too obsessed with nigs /pol/
>>
>>339555395
>>>vg/xsfg/
>>
>>339549708
Mediocre clone
>>
Post more art!
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.