[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain why you hate compile heart.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: 1463720623204.jpg (25 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1463720623204.jpg
25 KB, 620x350
Explain why you hate compile heart.
>>
They make bargain barrel mediocre RPGs that only sell because of fan service.
>>
File: 1457294269171.jpg (160 KB, 686x521) Image search: [Google]
1457294269171.jpg
160 KB, 686x521
It's the same game over and over again. Same anime characters, same cringy otaku dialogue. I've seen my friend go ape shit over the sequels but truth be told I can't even phantom to understand the differences.

It's like watching a really shitty slice of life anime. "This time they're wearing GREEN panties!"

It's the epitome of Japanese anime culture. Just cute shit doing cute shit and idiots flock to buy it.

I don't really hate Compile Heart, they're smarter then me - making shitty otaku cheap games for shitty otaku people.

Good for you Compile Heart, rake that weeb money.
>>
File: 1463439044446.png (376 KB, 408x789) Image search: [Google]
1463439044446.png
376 KB, 408x789
>>339283176
But I like compa
>>
I don't

I played through Omega Quintet recently and hidden inside the ugly environments, the generic repetitive side quests and the rng post game bosses was an extremely fun combat system that was worth the $20 i paid for the game

their games all succeed in some areas and utterly fail in others but i generally come out of the game pretty fond of it for some reason
>>
File: 47179386_p0.png (429 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
47179386_p0.png
429 KB, 1024x768
But I don't, I need more CH in my life, their games are fun
>>
>>339283176
because you cant do this
>vid related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_YI1j8puc
>>
If men were completely asexual and reproduced by budding or something, Compile Heart would go out of business

That says everything you need to know about why it's hated
>>
>>339283176
They don't make games that cater to my taste
>>
>>339283927
You will once CH makes their own TF2 clone
>Nepwatch
>Uni murders literally every other character because she actually has a gun
>>
>>339284036
That...that makes no sense, did you try to be funny or something?
>>
>>339284231
The fact you don't get it, means you're a little bit too innocent or just too deep in the weeb.
>>
>>339284231
if men didn't have sex drives, their games wouldn't sell because they are shit without penis pandering

I'm surprised it needs spelling out
>>
>>339284321
Or that you fail at being funny, don't worry, it happens to everyone, we can fix it
>>
>>339284395
>they are shit without penis pandering
Last I checked neptunia, omega quintent and fff had very little fanservice, maybe 3 scenes each, game, not counting neptunia U because senran kagura devs
>>
>>339284405
Uh huh. Or maybe you fail at common human behavioral understanding. Unfortunately we can't fix that. :')
>>
>>339284405
>taking humor lessons from a guy who slides for compile heart

no thanks
>>
>>339284606
i seriously unironically hope that you are literally only saying that and not giving the implication that fff was not irredeemable shit
>>
>>339283176
I like fanservice just as much as the next guy but I jack off way too much for these games to draw me in on that. So all i'm left si with the gameplay which is usually mediocre to bad.
>>
Do people play their games ironically or do they actually like them?
>>
>>339285036
i think they are fun.
>>
>>339284854
I hope people can one day stop putting
>unironically
in their post to try and sound smart when they clearly are fucking retarded
>>
>>339283176
Compa is the worst girl because she doesnt believe in purest love
>>
>>339283176
I can sum Compile Heart in 1 word

Kusoge.
>>
They make garbage games. Don't need more a reason than that.
>>
File: 1419334742341.gif (417 KB, 245x232) Image search: [Google]
1419334742341.gif
417 KB, 245x232
I miss Compile

Compile Heart can go suck a fat one
>>
>>339285173
it's literally being used correctly so unless you yourself are being ironic, fuck off
>>
>>339285342
I tought you go banned, havent seen this meme in months
>>
>>339283176
I'm sure they could make good games but they're really lazy and can't optimize for shit. Low budget doesn't help.
>>
>>339285458
>I miss Compile
umm... why?
>>
>>339283176
Their games are insanely boring combat system wise and their writing hasn't ever surpassed FFF.
>>
>>339285872
it's a sad state of affairs when that's the writing they have to trump
>>
>>339285676
Hipsters>>339285872
>>
>>339286428
Man like >>339286147 said FFF didn't even have very good writing, it's just that everything they've done since then has been super bad.
>>
>>339283176
You want the real reason?
They dont make games for Nintendo hardware.
>>
>>339286543
>trillion
>v2
You know you cant just pirate a game on pc and then pretend you know what they made afterwards, right? Also I quoted the other guy by mistake, fuckimg phones
>>
>>339286834
>acknowledging the mistake
>doing it again
>>
>>339286834
>trillion
First off not that well written, secondly it's barely fucking compile since basically everyone important on the team was an ex disgaea dev.

>v2
Nep's writing is absolutely fucking awful, although admittedly I was only able to pull myself through the first 3 games so maybe by some miracle this one is actually better but absolutely nothing I've seen or heard would suggest that.
>>
>>339287231
>everyone important on the team was an ex disgaea dev.

And now, suddenly, because it helps your shitposting, NIS had good games/devs/team.
>>
>>339287448
Lol I'm not saying they do, Disgaea is trash and so was Trillion. I'm saying that a game that was effectively made by a different studio they absorbed isn't really representative of the overall quality of their products.
>>
>>339287610
>Compile Heart's game isn't compile heart's game because people who made it used to work for someone else
By this logic Sonic Boom was made by Naughty Dog
Bayonetta was made by Capcom
>>
>>339287791
Ok first why does it matter when trillion was just as bad as any of the other stuff they shit out? Secondly that's like saying a game made by Eidos and Squeenix Japan should count as being made by the same people since they're both part of the same comapny.
>>
>>339288039
It matters because you were stupid enough to use that as an argument and now you are backpedalling like crazy
>>
>>339283176
what type of games does compile heart make, friend? i haven't ever played any of their games before. can you give examples?
>>
>>339288263
Lol but I'm not. You've just been focusing on that because you think that if you say I'm backpedaling on something people won't notice that you haven't actually addressed a single other point I've made.

My position hasn't changed since the first post I made, which is that because trillion was basically made by an entirely separate team comparing it to games made by an entirely different team just because they both work for the same company is fucking stupid.
>>
>>339283176

Easy.
CH games on PS3/4/V? All shit.

CH games on steam? Masterpieces.
>>
Because of not enough yurifag pandering, and plenty of harems instead.
Neptune series is ok, though.
>>
>>339285676
Puyopuyo is my favorite series
>>
>>339283369
This. I don't hate them, but they're really just fanservice games. Props to them for improving their gameplay over the years, though.
>>
>>339288295
They make budget JRPGs that appeal to fans of popular JRPGs. They mainly focus on fanservice, either in the form of sexy girls or a lot of references to otaku stuff. Combat tends to be fairly bare bones and slightly grindy, but not really bad per say, just not something you'd ever say "wow such amazing gameplay!" about.
>>
>>339284115
>Uni murders literally every other character because she actually has a gun
But that's Nepgear's job.
>>
>>339289403
Your favourite series is shit.
>>
>>339289889
You're shit
>>
>>339289930
>>339289889
now kiss
>>
>>339289704
I own record of agarest war 1 and the first hyperdimensium neptunia on Steam.

Are those any good? My friends told me that mechanically they aren't complex, but are fun/good for the atmosphere and humor. namely neptunia.

are any of the other neptunia games good either?

someone tell me omore about compile heart's games.
>>
>>339290101
they're okay, they don't break new grounds nor are they horrible. Just play it, fun stuff.
>>
>>339290363
thank you, friend. i will do so.

please tell me more about compile heart if possible, about both their god and bad games.
>>
>>339290101
Nep is sorta take it or leave it. If you like weebpandering (and I do mean weeb since most compile heart games are targeted at westerners more than japanese gamers, in fact so much so that they actually announced that they were releasing a series of JRPGs that would actually target otaku for once a few years ago) then yeah you'll probably enjoy Nep. The series doesn't really get much better or worse as it goes on since it's mostly exactly the same with a few changes.

Agarest is bad though, especially if you accidentally buy/enable any of the dlc since it's almost completely gamebreakingly overpowered. Maps in encounters are basically completely empty and your strategy is so formulaic in every fight it hurts. Honestly it such a bad SRPG it doesn't even get discussed by fans of the genre because they refuse to acknowledge it. Also apparently it goes on for fucking ever without ever getting better but I quit before the halfway mark so I don't know.
>>
>>339283176
They're lazy or incompetent.

I can't stand VN style storytelling where supposedly some kind of action scene is happening and characters stand in profile on the screen and talk about it. You, as the player, are supposed to imagine these action scenes happening. An example of this is Fairy Fencer F in the first lava dungeon where after picking up the fury, Fang is supposed to be surrounded by rising lava. This is never shown despite having the level already made, instead they opt to show the character profiles talking about it.

They also tend to over use the whole, beat the boss monster, the following scene shows your party losing the fight for the narrative.

Fuck these things.
>>
>>339290483
I'm no expert, not being much of a fan of JRPG's. But if you do happen to like r;b1 you'll probably like the other nep games as well, that said r;b 2 and 3 are very similar to r;b1 so they might bore you. the new nep game coming out I've heard is of genuine quality gameplay wise.
>>
You know I booted Fairy Fencer F yesterday and game seems surprisingly competent. I expected utter shit.
>>
>>339292075
Shhh...don't let people see your post
>>
They still make bottom of the barrel trash when even the newer Senran Kagura games offer good gameplay to go with your waifu pandering.
>>
i dont enjoy turbo-weeb anime games

same reason people cant enjoy CoD or battlefield cause theyre dumb western wubwub hardcore tacticool

regardless of how fun the games are, people just cant enjoy certain things because of preferences and biases, and i think that's fine, theres no need to get defensive of either side
>>
>>339292660
While i get where you are coming from, don't you feel like you are limiting yourself from things you might otherwise enjoy?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.