[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/who/ - Doctor Who General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: seeds_of_doom_1621.jpg (140 KB, 700x475) Image search: [Google]
seeds_of_doom_1621.jpg
140 KB, 700x475
The Seeds of Doom edition. Another rather highly rated one. Did you enjoy it?

Last thread (there's a really interesting discussion in there): >>69007796
>>
>>69027441
>>69027449

The interesting thing about the time between Survival and Rose is that the book series of that period of Seven and Eight ended up seeming to be quite similar to some of the themes of Rose. Sam Jones is like a proto-Rose, written by people who haven't quite figured it out. Basically, the books are what 90s Who would have looked like, without budget constraints (space marines, blood and sex,etc), just like Survival is very 80s, and Rose is rther noughties.
>>
I actually gained a lot of respect for Melanon after that last thread. He was treating people with a lot more respect than usual even when he disagreed and didn't play the victim even after being shitposting at.
>>
>>69027715
Did he confirm he was Melanon?
>>
>>69027441
Boring. Stopped watching it after part one.
>>
File: pertwee hendrix.png (1 MB, 1036x880) Image search: [Google]
pertwee hendrix.png
1 MB, 1036x880
Can Black Pertwee be a /who/ meme ?
>>
>>69027743
Yep. >>69026738
>>
>>69027399

Ah! Yes, you didn't want to speak too soon.
>>
>>69027862
Wow! I recognized his or her style of writing.
>>
File: 1461620589855.jpg (424 KB, 989x658) Image search: [Google]
1461620589855.jpg
424 KB, 989x658
>>69027837
We might have 13 meme cosplay doctors by now - French Hartnell, yours, Jon Blum as Seven, the obvious cosplayanon... any others?
>>
File: Ten.jpg (573 KB, 947x1134) Image search: [Google]
Ten.jpg
573 KB, 947x1134
Reminder that the Tennant Golden Age is coming back this month.
>new Tenth Doctor novel from BBC Books being published
>Tenth Doctor range from Big Finish starting
>Tenth Doctor comics series from Titan still going strong
I for one welcome the return of our lord and saviour, the Teninch.
>>
>>69027934
However, if I'm remembering correctly that means he was talking about the 90s when he bragged about being a classic fan from 'way back'. Jesus Christ, be more pretentious.
>>
>>69027658

That's interesting. I haven't read many of the books.
>>
File: gb_3.jpg (48 KB, 413x509) Image search: [Google]
gb_3.jpg
48 KB, 413x509
Giordano Bruno episode when?

What historical figure(s) would you like to see?
>>
>>69028042
they should've cancelled the show when he left, there's no way their ever going to top him. Every Doctor after him is poundland quality,
>>
melanon confirmed as autistic
>>
File: ruprecht2.jpg (67 KB, 420x227) Image search: [Google]
ruprecht2.jpg
67 KB, 420x227
>>69028247
>>
>>69028223
This.
>>
>>69028247
I used to think so, but he (?) seemed better this time so idk
>>
>>69028205
The Ribos Operation had alien Bruno.
>>
>>69028285
seemed fully autistic and literal to me
>>
>>69028047

Would an old school fan from back in the day use phrases like 'from way back' or 'from back in the day', though? I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek there, but I was being accused of not knowing what I was talking about.
>>
>>69028223
b8
>>
Reminder that Melanon and That's Gareth! will be two of the contestants in the final of the /who/nger games, and either of them could become champion of /who/.
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/The_/who/nger_Games
We just need one last game before the final.
>>
>>69028486
THAT'S GARETH! TO PHUCKING WIN!!!!
>>
>>69028283
I was mostly joking,
what I meant is that RTD took the 10th Doctor and used the character to have these emotional stories.

when we get to the 11th and 12th Doctors they have similar moments, they get sad, they get angry but it doesn't have the same impact.

They don't actually need to cancel it but I'm not sure what else the could do for future Doctors.

perhaps introduce Braxiatel form the book and we could have some brotherly dynamics?
>>
But being a fan since the 90s doesn't establish any credibility and more than having seen all of Hartnell last year. Also yes, that does sound like something a 60 year old posting on 4chan would say.
>>
>>69028551
>>69028349
>>
>>69028205

The green children of Woolpit was an interesting idea floated as the 'British legend' that the Stephen Fry-written episode was going to be based on.
>>
File: Binro.jpg (20 KB, 701x429) Image search: [Google]
Binro.jpg
20 KB, 701x429
>>69028319
...can't believe I never noticed Binro = Bruno before. And everyone says he's supposed to be Galileo... still, the real guy could make a nice Vincent-And-the-Doctor type episode, and you get Elizabeth I + Francis Walsingham to boot.
>>
>>69028282
Why the dirty rotten scoundrel references in my /who/? Did you stab yourself in the eye again with the fork?
>>69028285
Abilify is a hell of a drug.
>>69028486
Can't hardly wait.
>>69028551
Probably less so as the lens of time tends to distort things with a nostalgic bend.
>>
>>69028486
Oh, and fun fact: despite /who/'s best efforts, not a single version of Capaldi or Capaldi-related meme made it to the final so far. Same goes for Clala.
I'm sorry, /who/.
>>
>>69028621
Hm , that might still happen if Fry is one of the "mind-blowing names" Moffat teased.
>>
>>69028551

Do you not think someone who persisted with the show for over a decade, when it was out of production and before it had any kind of cool status, might in that time have gained some knowledge of what they were talking about? Don't you think becoming interested in the show when it was already consigned to history might be an interesting perspective?
>>
>>69028205
Tsar Peter the Great. He was an euphoric fratboy before any of this was a thing.
>>
>>69028669
Did Toddlercakes ever win?

Should we have another /who/nger games now?
>>
That's Gareth!
>>
>>69028661

By that logic, a fan from when the show was still on would have even less to say to you.

So, to recap: mentioning that the sci-fi stories were as much part of the educational remit as the historicals when another anon had overlooked that is now a sign of schizophrenia.
>>
>>69028669
Zygon Cocks won though.
>>
>>69028777
>Did Toddlercakes ever win?
Nope.
Should we have another /who/nger games now?
Sure, if somebody is willing to hst it. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it.

>>69028844
True, I suppose that's Capaldi-related, being from his era.
>>
File: ruprecht4.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ruprecht4.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>69028661
Cloister is reeeing
>>
>>69028223
What? Have you seen Pandorica Opens/Big Bang, or Zygon Inversion/ Heaven Sent? Phuck off Tennant tumblr phag.

I liked Tennant too by the way, but both Doctors after him have been just as good.
>>
>>69028805
"first years of its run, what was wanted was a slow educational amble"

Reminder that this is shite.
>>
>>69028695
No.
>>
>>69027837
Hell to the yes. If any dr should be a black guy it should be Pertwee. He the pimpinest dr who.
>>
>>69028805
I should amend my statement I suppose. That one opinion is no more valid than the other. Personally I'd probably discount the person that's been a "fan" since the original aired because they probably wrapped themselves in the minutia of the past and have spent years explaining their and sorting headcanon to themselves. It's utterly discriminatory, and it saves me from drowning in the same minutia.
Assuming you're tacking on the schizophrenia diagnosis because of the abilify crack above, Melanon seems less tenacious and well sperg-ish today, abilify will do that. I know it will makes me much less the pitbull and to have a more even keel when it comes to discussions
>>
>>69029101

Wonder if the anon repeatedly hitting his head against this wall is the one claiming to find me 'autistic'?
>>
every doctor is GOAT
>>
>>69029242
I'm starting to think you are actually a psychopath.
>>
>>69029029
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ej4yLQnhUB
>>
>>69029242
Find me any evidence that a "slow educational amble" is in any way factual.

You are refusing to address this because you know you are fucking idiot and you cannot back this rubbish up.
>>
>>69028947
http://brantsteele.net/hungergames/reaping.php

Just go here. Click on "Edit Cast", and paste the URLs of the memes that are posted into both the "Image URL" field. Place the name into both the name and nickname field. Also, be careful about the gender option, or there will be a lot of genderfluid geniuses.

Do not click proceed yet.

Then, click "Modify events" on the left sidebar.Add events in the (Player1) does such-and-such to (Player2) and (Player3). Or (Player1) is eaten by a rabid Zygon.

Make sure you do it exactly like (Player#). Any extra spaces throws it off. Once you do that, make sure that you'll define who kills whom, and who dies. (Events with no death are fine, but having a good mixture of deadly and non-deadly events are the best for keeping the game moving fast.)

And if you mess up, it's cool. Some of the funniest moments come from accidental mistakes.
>>
>>69029212
>hell to the yes
did you learn nigerian by watching scrubs?
>>
>>69029223

All I was using my years as a fan to do was suggest that I probably had a good grasp of the stuff I was describing. I agree the years served=authority stuff of old fans is nonsense.

As we're talking in real terms, I can only tell you that I've not been diagnosed with any autistic spectrum condition, or prescribed any neurophysiological medication. I'm not generally someone who can be bothered with argument. I've pursued it here only usually because it seems like no actual argument is coming back, and it's easy and relatively fun. Ideally, I'd prefer the kind of discussion we've got going on here.
>>
Reminder the original production team wanted to avoid teaching small kids false facts about history or science.

This was dropped in under 14 months.

Thats not the same as "first years of its run, what was wanted was a slow educational amble" whch goes entirely against the 'intelligent adventure' serial that Newman, Lambert etc were aiming for.
>>
>>69029594
This desu, the educational element always seemed token at best.
>>
>>69029371

Educational content was always part of historicals and futuristic stories alike, and that's demonstrable by reference to the episodes. 'Slow' and 'amble' because the stories are long and unhurried. How often do you watch stories from season one? The Daleks is as long as The Godfather!
>>
>>69029681
Thank you.
>>
>>69029702
>what was wanted
You have no argument. You are literally a trolling prick.
>>
>>69029702
>"first years of its run, what was wanted was a slow educational amble"
Still complete bollocks no matter how much you faff about, flapping and lying.
>>
>>69029594

> 14 months
> first years

So what's bothering you is a difference of ten months? No, it's perfectly possible for an intelligent adventure serial to be slow and ambling.
>>
>>69029506
Wew lad, thanks for taking the time to type that. But I also don't have the time to host a game right now, and I'm currently posting from my phone.
I'll see if I can do it sometime in the future.
>>
>>69029744
>>69029784

You're just being hysterical. 'What was wanted' conveys exactly what happened - the show was commissioned on the basis that it would include an educational element.
>>
>>69029790
You're a fucking retard mate.

"first years of its run, what was wanted was a slow educational amble"

What you said is crap.
>>
>>69029546
I'd agree cordial is better than not. I don't mean to psycologize ,However IME we can "smell our own". The fact that you're getting a stimulant kick from the argument and think it's fun probably isn't a good sign either. If your life is going fine, please don't pay any mind to something someone might say on a tibetan gong ringing forum. You just seem very caught up in a struggle or something. Anyway godspeed, discourse and discussion are what make these threads so outstanding friend.
>>
>>69029846
No it doesn't. What you said has many implications which are totally wrong.

"What was wanted" is the worst. That's literally total shite.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGbKcsKt7ns

lol
>>
>>69029871
Hello, Cloister. How are you and Belle doing?
>>
>>69030004
Very well, thank you. She'll be home shortly :)
How have you been?
>>
>>69030004
THIS ISN'T YOUR PHUCKING BLOG.
ASK HIM ON TWITTER.
THIS IS A DOCTOR WHO DISCUSSION FORUM.

PHUCK OFF.

IM SO SICK OF YOU TRIPPHAGS THINKING YOU OWN THE PHUCKING PLACE!!!!
>>
>>69030114
Oh anon it was just a couple of posts! What's /who/ with you? Have you been reading Managra? What about those memes you were working on? How are those coming along?
>>
>>69030095
I've been busy, but I'm doing well.
>>
>>69029871

A bit of recreational arguing, especially if some of the opposing arguments are so weak as to make it like Whack-a-mole, can be quite fun, but I don't think actual aggression is part of it, I'd rather get on from the initial 'how dare you say anything in Doctor Who was even slightly limited by production context and intent' stage to where we've been now, and hopefully there can be other interesting exchanges in future. Generally I do this so intermittently (though more regularly recently) because I have other stuff going on.

> Anyway godspeed, discourse and discussion are what make these threads so outstanding friend.

Indeed!
>>
>>69030209
>Opposing arguments are so weak.

What would you consider a strong opposing argument? Generally curious.
>>
>>69030161
I'm so PHUCKING pissed off with immigrants coming on /who/ and stealing our posts!

THIS IS AMERICA !!!
>>
>>69030209
>'how dare you say anything in Doctor Who was even slightly limited by production context and intent'
Who said anything like this?
>>
File: dude what lmao.png (2 MB, 1052x1617) Image search: [Google]
dude what lmao.png
2 MB, 1052x1617
>>69028486
>that fucking game where Mark Cuban won the whole thing with his fucking eyes closed

God the /who/nger games era was fucking amazing
>>
>>69030168
Good to hear and good to see you! Hope you've had time for some writing or at least fun.
>>69030209
Good happy to have you back and will again. If anything anyone can't say things aren't lively when you're around. A master baiter. A living /who/ is a happy /who/ or at least it should be.
>>
>>69030389
>was?

The era's not over till the 576th Hunger games, where all the winners of the previous 24th Hunger Games battle.
>>
>>69028205

>Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky
>Rasputin (as The Meddling Monk)
>Louis Daguerre
>Ned Kelly
>Picasso (where he is possessed by an Isolus flower and brings some crazy cubist drawings to life)
>Ignaz Semmelweis

Also, semi-related - not a historical figure but famous nonetheless - I've always had an idea about a story where a bunch of nostalgic 40-year-olds steal a time machine and go back to the 80s. Using their knowledge of the future, they buy shares, make bets and win lotteries, amassing a fortune and gaining control over the entire world.

When the Doctor and his companion/s arrive in 2016, they realise something is up - society has become a cruel dictatorship where people are forced to live out the 80s over and over again. Any technological/cultural change is suppressed and destroyed by the government. As the Doctor works to fix the timeline, his companion/s become involved in the underground world of electronic dance music, a crime punishable by death in this strange new world. The secret revolutionaries known only as "The Futurists" are planning a huge EDM concert in protest, led by none other than the Most Wanted "music-criminals" on the planet - The Black Eyed Peas!

damn that'd be so cool
>>
File: Clara qt.gif (2 MB, 500x231) Image search: [Google]
Clara qt.gif
2 MB, 500x231
>>69030483
>tfw /who/ has kept the dream alive after all these months

Thank you dear friends
>>
>>69030707
Will you host, please?
>>
Oh my god, got to run the day... But we can't judge and play the game
>>
>>69030209
What a snide and cowardly little shit you are.
>>
>>69030798
Nah we should do it on Friday. Doesn't seem like there's much people here right now.
>>
>>69030342

One that engages with what I'm saying rather than what it's being taken to imply, and has no reference to in-universe meaning, I think. For example, on the subject of the Master's 'death' raised previously.

My argument there was that having a simulated death scene - essentially unnecessary, and slightly odd to anyone who's been following the plot closely - creates an opportunity for RTD to use the Doctor to depict the grief of losing someone and being unable to prevent it, and that this is an example of why RTD's Who scores better with casual viewers than Moffat's.

The way to argue with this is not to mention that there have been other death scenes that hit you as hard, nor to point out that regeneration was mentioned in the middle of the scene, when the unpreventability is where the emotional weight lies, not the reason for it. Nor is denying Moffat Who's slipping popularity, or the importance of that popularity, the way to argue with this. The way to argue with it is to illustrate that A: that scene didn't have the emotional impact claimed, and that B: RTD's Who didn't score better with casual viewers than Moffat's.

Now, I have no idea how you'd prove either of those things. Perhaps you could talk about relatively high ratings during the Amy and Rory back-and-forth (which I think there were, not sure) to illustrate that timey-wimey stuff about grief doesn't neccesarily provide less of an emotional hook for casual viewers. That's all I can think of. What happened was, people argued with the implication and my priorities, instead of starting from the premises I'd established. (No reason they should accept any of them, except an argument, debate or whatever must start from agreed premises, or it's just a way of finding out you were never really arguing.) So they were arguing with me about something I never said.
>>
>>69030686
Sounds based tbqhwyf.
>>
>>69030473

I'm glad you've found it productive, and hopefully now my essential perspective, production rather than in-universe, is established, there may be less crossing of wires.
>>
>>69031025

Actually I should say 'production/cultural' rather than 'production'.
>>
My Big Finish order is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! So excited!

I ordered The Chimes of Midnight, Only the Monstrous, and the first Doom Coalition.

Since I haven't watched Doctor Who in about 5 months, which one do you recommend I listen to in order to get back into the swing of things?
>>
>>69030707
So when will you do it?
>>
>>69030876
There are a lot more premises buried in that argument than that and as I recall the main one people were attacking is that RTD's basic approach to drama is really as different from Moffat's as you implied.
>>
OPEN UP YOUR EYES
>>
File: qt.webm (792 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
qt.webm
792 KB, 1000x576
>>69030707
>gif
its time to upgrade m8
>>
File: qt3.webm (977 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
qt3.webm
977 KB, 1000x576
>>
File: qt2.webm (889 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
qt2.webm
889 KB, 1000x576
>>
File: qt4.webm (268 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
qt4.webm
268 KB, 1000x576
>>
haven't seen a single episode of season 9 yet and i don't have t.v., where can i watch the episodes without paying?
this is harder than the other seasons, i just used netflix for them, or the old 'gold tardis' site (F)
>>
>>69032316
dailymotion has some
>>
>>69032316
www.primewire ag/tv-5134-Doctor-Who-2005/season-9
>>
If someone were to do a Pertwee story mixed with Monty Python, I think Melanon would have a seizure
>>
>>69031288

I don't remember that, but there are a number of resemblances I've probably not bothered teasing out because I assume Who from RTD onwards will always have some basic similaries to RTD's Who, as he is the show's creator for the purposes of the 21st century TV marketplace.

I hope Chibnall sacks Murray Gold though, I really do.
>>
>>69027837
>Jon Pertwee is black now
when will this blackwashing end?
>>
>>69031571
how does bill even hope to compete?
>>
>>69027837
No. Remove this sacrilege.
>>
>>69032471
I see what you're trying to do, Dr ChrisE.

I've been busy, but I still gonna do the 3/Liz story if I have time.
>>
>>69032471

You mean of pleasure or what?
>>
File: Adric's_Dead_Body.png (35 KB, 392x177) Image search: [Google]
Adric's_Dead_Body.png
35 KB, 392x177
>>69030798
>>69031236
I could possibly host a game later this week if no one else wants to do it. I might be a little rusty but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it

>>69031536
Thank you based anon
>>
>>69027837

He's so accurate on small things - Carnival of Monsters sonic, TARDIS key pendant - but then his cape is the wrong material. Also it's a cloak, rather than an Inverness cape (short cape over armless coat, attached with studs).
>>
>>69032463
>>69032352
>put on s9 e3
>see a scary face in the reflection
>exit out
wew lad, i'll watch this one when it's not nighttime
>>
>>69032571
>I hope Chibnall sacks Murray Gold though, I really do.
Why? If anything his music's been better with Capaldi, most of the Smith era he coasted along reusing "I Am the Doctor" for everything.
>>
>>69030209
People who like "recreational arguing" are the most immature morons on the internet. They are a plague upon every forum and a hindrance to all mutual understanding because they're only there to dismissively "refute" people's points so they can stroke their ego over about how smart they are. You're every bit as much of a douchebag as someone who goes around hoping to get into fistfights to prove how tough they are, the only difference being that the fistfighter can tell the difference between landing a hit and falling on his face.
>>
>>69032947

Just because thirteen years is probably long enough even for a very versatile composer.
>>
>>69033021

I never start the argument, my aim is always to have a real discussion. If people come out with bizarre out-of-nowhere claims like 'the Doctor has always been sadistic' (I think they meant 'ruthless', but they stuck with 'sadistic', all the way), then I will argue, of course.
>>
>>69033170
>If people come out with bizarre out-of-nowhere claims like 'the Doctor has always been sadistic'
Where was that? GB?
>>
>>69033221

What's GB?
>>
>>69031191
Chimes of Midnight 4/5.
Only the Monstrous 5/5 (although you can hear Hurt's false teeth rattling a bit, it's top quality BF)
1st Doom Coalition 4/5 (McGann is sublime, as usual)
>>
>>69033277
GALLIPHREY PHUCKING BASE !!!
>>
>>69033322

Oh, I never go there. No, it was said on here.
>>
>>69033391
NEVER EVER GO THERE. IT IS PHULL OF TREACHEROUS PHUCKING SCUM LIKE PHIL SANDIFER WHO WRITE SCATHING UNWARRANTED REMARKS ABOUT ESTABLISHED RECORD PRODUCERS !!!

THEY NEED TO PHUCK OFF AND DIE.
>>
>>69033391
When?
>>
>>69033170
You have no self-awareness.
>>
>>69033512

When people ran through screencaps of every time the Doctor used violence in self-defence in order to prove to me that the Doctor tipping Davros out of his wheelchair for cheap audience keks was okay and in line with his established character. I said 'he wasn't being sadistic on those occasions', and they responded 'he's always been sadistic'. Eventually, someone hit on the one comparable incident - the formative moment in the third ever episode, where Ian catches the Doctor apparently about to kill Za.
>>
>>69033702
I don't remember that. I remember you kept saying those stuff were 'fanasty violence' and therefor didn't count or something.
>>
File: 4405351.jpg (22 KB, 430x239) Image search: [Google]
4405351.jpg
22 KB, 430x239
>>69033702
Oh, right. THAT day.
>>
>>69033702
melanon
>>
>>69033801
Don't bother m8. You're entering a hopless struggle.
>>
>>69033801

Yeah, that was another aspect.
>>
>>69033938
kek i remember this

they're still butthurt to this day it seems
>>
>>69033702
>Ian catches the Doctor apparently about to kill Za.
He had it coming for being no leader.
>>
>>69033318
>rating Only the Monstrous above The Chimes of Midnight
What the fuck?
>>
>>69033489
Phuck off phlease. Only one pherson is allowed to use the "ph" sound and that's me, Ian Lephine! You phucking idiots don't deserve the phower it brings. You've nepher ephen phound any miphing ephisodes, haph you? I phucking have. I've phound more miphing ephiphodes than you epher will, phuckwit! I wouldn't surphrise me iph you were Philliph Morriph in diphguise, phucking trolling me to get some phucking laughs while so sit on your phile of lost ephipodes. PHUCKING HOARDER! I AM PHUCKING BETTER THAN YOU!!! I AM A WORLD-PHAMOUS DOCTOR WHO PHAN AND RECORD PHRODUCER!!!!
>>
>>69034006

You're willing to defend the claim that 'the Doctor has always been sadistic'?
>>
>>69034090
No one ever said that, you retard.
>>
File: Fem_Doctors.jpg (279 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Fem_Doctors.jpg
279 KB, 1280x853
reminder that this happened
>>
>>69034116

Someone said exactly that, more than once.
>>
>>69034125
SHAG, SHAG, SHAG, PHUCKING SHAG!!!, SHOOT MYSELF, CASTRATE MYSELF, SHAG, OH PHUCK WHAT THE PHUCK IS IT?!, PECK ON THE CHEEK, PHUCKING SHAAAAAGGGG!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1395661541.jpg (109 KB, 616x850) Image search: [Google]
1395661541.jpg
109 KB, 616x850
best promo shot dumped
>>
File: e4nG8g4.jpg (376 KB, 1118x1683) Image search: [Google]
e4nG8g4.jpg
376 KB, 1118x1683
>>69034207
agreed but.... they're not quite Hayley
>>
>>69034158
I bet you 50 internets you can't find it in the archive

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv

Pro tip: you can't because it's a strawman you just made up
>>
File: hnnng.jpg (51 KB, 605x640) Image search: [Google]
hnnng.jpg
51 KB, 605x640
>>69034125
Is #5 in line supposed to be a Pertwee/McCoy combo?
>>
>>69034207
>not shagging ALL THIRTEEN!
>>
>>69034125
Not bad. Needs Pertwee though
>>
>>69034125
I'd everyone of them desu senpaitachi 6 from behind with her face in pie.she looks a bit too much like colin with the spectacles
>>
File: levine_harem.jpg (39 KB, 430x416) Image search: [Google]
levine_harem.jpg
39 KB, 430x416
>>69034207
Wow. You really AREN'T Ian Levine.
>>
>>69034288

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/65487502/#65492071
>>
Thanks for the 50 internets. Goodnight!
>>
>>69032733
How can Martha even hope to compete?
How can Donna even hope to compete?
How can Amy even hope to compete?
How can Clara even hope to compete?

As for the older Who episodes.....
>>
>>69034125
>>
>>69034766
What?
>>
>>69034453
Fair enough, I stand corrected. Someone did say it exactly once, but it didn't start the argument or even play a big part of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 500x400
Was prime SJS the cutest companion
>>
>>69035066
An honest slut.
>>
File: furry sylv.jpg (146 KB, 704x812) Image search: [Google]
furry sylv.jpg
146 KB, 704x812
>>69034125
reminder that so did this
>>
File: 1452992719681.jpg (171 KB, 960x698) Image search: [Google]
1452992719681.jpg
171 KB, 960x698
>>69035248
as did this
>>
>>69027441
It has one of the better villians of the Hinchcliffe era but other than that it's not too remarkable. The plant monster is lame and UNIT adds nothing of value.
>>
Has anyone seen what's just happened in the UK? There's been a huge sonic boom that's shaken up the entire country according to Twitter.

Ian Levine really needs to stop falling out of bed.
>>
File: CheckEm.png (296 KB, 285x530) Image search: [Google]
CheckEm.png
296 KB, 285x530
>>
File: wat_do.jpg (190 KB, 1368x912) Image search: [Google]
wat_do.jpg
190 KB, 1368x912
>>69035483
I like how your crop is a third larger than the source.

Also, check 'em.
>>
Ian Levine has the complete run of DC Comics. Did you know that?
>>
>>69035623
Ian Levine also returned more stories than Phil Morris. Did you know that?
Ian Levine is also a huge Doctor Who fan. Better than all of you. Did you know that?
Ian Levine definitely wrote Attack of the Cybermen. Did you know that?
Ian Levine is an established record producer. Did you know that?
>>
>>69035623
he also scored the Fantastic theme to "K-9 and Company"
>>
>>69035608
I don't fuck with jpegs.
>>
>>69035623
That's a lot of comics. I'm a bit jelly.
>>
>>69035760

Ian Levine invented Hi-NRG. Did you know that?
>>
>>69035808
Ian Levine is the reason Doctor Who came back in 2005. Did you know that?

Ian Levine single handedly put a stop to the Nazis. Did you know that?
>>
Did you guys know that Ian Levine was the resident DJ of London's premier gay disco "Heaven" throughout much of the 1980's?
>>
>>69035842
Ian Levine is actually God, come here to test us based on how we treat him. Those who make unwarranted attacks against him on Gallifreybase and mock his use of phuck will suffer eternally. Did you know that?
>>
This "did you know Ian Levine" meme has potential. It's the new That's Gareth!
>>
>>69036083
>"This turd I shat has potential. It's the new that-turd-I-saw-on-the-lawn-yesterday!"
>>
Did you know that Ian Levine wrote an autobiography that was stolen by Russel T Davies before release and adapted into Love and Monsters?
>>
>>69036083
It's better than that's Gareth! because it has some actual variation instead of just being a repeated phrase.

>>69036221
Like this, kek.
>>
>>69035295
Billie is fuckin cute
>>
File: 1461665679330.jpg (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1461665679330.jpg
24 KB, 320x240
Reminder that there are people in this thread right now who think it's okay for first Doctor books to mention the timelords by name
>>
Ian Levine shagged your wife. He's not actually gay. In fact he's probably doing it now whilst you browse /who/ like a fucking loser. Did you know that?
>>
>>69037023
I don't see why first Doctor books written in the present day should necessarily try to be 'authentic' recreations of the era. I see the appeal of doing that, obviously, but he's also a character who you can write about in other contexts.
>>
>>69037045
But I'm not married. In fact, I'm single.

Wait. Is Ian screwing my the woman who will become my wife?
>>
Moffat rubbished claims suggesting the BBC had commissioned only a half-series order of six episodes for 2016: 'People just sit in rooms and make this s**t up. That's absolutely untrue.'
>>
Ian Levine is Jesus Christ's pseudonym. Did you know that?
>>
>>69037241
Yup. He was right. Were only getting a Christmas special.
>>
Ian Levine made an epic documentary on The Edge of Destruction. Did you know that?

Ian Levine got cross with elderly Who stars for having the wrong memories while shooting an epic documentary on The Edge of Destruction. Did you know that?
>>
Ian Levine discovered Take That. Did you know that?
>>
Ian Levine is the real Ian Levine and the porn Ian Levine is not the real Ian Levine. Did you know that?
>>
Ian Levine is more tolerable to listen to than Jack Graham. Did you know that?
>>
File: 1461670969639.gif (1021 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1461670969639.gif
1021 KB, 245x200
>>69037181
Have you read many? There are good ways to do new things and bad ways. A book like The Time Travelers is good. Its plot is complex alternative timeline stuff that has references to a story from the McCoy era I think. And the Doctor strongly alludes (but never says the word "timelord") that he's already trying to think of ways to leave Susan somewhere, because he's worried their people will catch them and he wants her to be safe. And then there's other books were a character just calls him "lord of time" in one sentence and it just comes off as cheesy and a reminder that it's not 60's Who. Or books like Frayed where the entire tone is off from start to finish. It reads just like a modern book.

Of course they shouldn't limit themselves completely only to things that would have been written during the 60's, or only feature things that they could have covered in their budget, but they shouldn't go too far the other way either.

The bottom line is using the words "timelord" or "gallifrey" in a Hartnell story is very naughty and never adds to the story, it just breaks the atmosphere a little.
>>
>>69028042
Ten is far from perfect, but I love him, I can't help it.
>>
File: jack black stop get meme'd on.png (587 KB, 711x517) Image search: [Google]
jack black stop get meme'd on.png
587 KB, 711x517
>>69037023
>>69037181
>>
Ian Levine organised the biggest family reunion of all time. Did you know that?
>>
>>69037471
Never actually heard Jack or Sandyfur speak, but I can't imagine their voices are worse than this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1GjOAfzTPU
>>
>>69037526
The only time where using the wordfs "Gallifrey" would be needed, is if you're explicitly pulling on the Doctor's heritage.
>>
>>69038005
I'm not sure I understand. Can you give an example?
>>
File: Che856_XEAAlE9Z.jpg (63 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Che856_XEAAlE9Z.jpg
63 KB, 600x800
New co-companion announced for the 2016 christmas special
>>
File: 1455920338591.jpg (112 KB, 1150x617) Image search: [Google]
1455920338591.jpg
112 KB, 1150x617
>>69038183
>>
>>69037730
>Never actually heard Jack or Sandyfur speak
Get ready for Phil to make sweet, sweet love to your ears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxt6C33MWJ8
>>
>>69038109
Like, a story where the First Doctor meets a civilization ravaged by the Time Lords, and is put in prison as a war criminal. Or a story where he meets Time War-era Dalek. He could still have the same characterization, but saying "Gallifrey" is an option, since it's using his status as a Time Lord as part of the story.
>>
Give me ideas for a short fanfic to write.

Anyone can fill the prompt that people give..
>>
>>69039253
Ian Levine
>>
>>69034766
Zoe arguably beats them all.
>>
>>69039253
3 and Iris have a crazy adventure
>>
>>69039253
Just make sure whatever you write has the exact style and tone of the period of the show it's derived from by not having the characters experience anything that wouldn't have happened on tv at that time, otherwise the story won't "work."
>>
>>69039253

Karen Gillan getting fucked in all three holes, tied up, whipped, whipping, pegging, treading on a guy's gentials, getting coke snorted off her ass.
>>
>>69039590
All the '60s female companions were qt as fuck desu. Except Barbara, but she was sexy in a mature way.
>>
You know, for a show that sells itself as a fun faimly show, there isn't much emotion or feeling conveyed by it.

What a sterile, boring, uninteresting show you boys like.
>>
>>69040088
(You)
>>
>>69039927
Not mine, but you might like the Amy, Captures series here: https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1265614&page=submissions

>>69039977
Even Dodo was cute.
>>
File: 1461977923865.jpg (63 KB, 420x960) Image search: [Google]
1461977923865.jpg
63 KB, 420x960
>>69040149
>(You)
>>
>>69040253
>https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1265614&page=submissions
>no feet orientated parts
into the trash
>>
>>69040253

> Amy's stomach was smooth and taut with stress, the flawless, creamy skin aching to be touched.

Thank you.
>>
>>69039623
“Now, now,” said Iris. “Just because you're an angry crab-man doesn't mean you can't put the dear Doctor down. He's a very delicate person, you know.”

“I am not “delicate” said the Doctor. He tried to look dignified, which was hard when he was hanging off the edge of a giant red claw that was threatening to drop him. “Although you should put me down.”

“Rwwark-rrwarrrrkk!” said the crab-man, waving his hands up and down.

“Exactly what I was thinking, love! And if you let the nice Doctor down, I'll do that,” said Iris, smiling as the crab-man began to crouch menacingly toward her. as .

“You have absolutely no idea what he said!” said the Doctor. “This oaf can't even understand you! He has the intelligence of a pea!”

“HRRAK-REEEEEE!” said the crab-man.

“I think he can understand some English” mutterred Iris.

The crabman, with all his strength, flung the Doctor .

Iris watched as the Doctor flew in the air. He crumpled in a heap, but at least did it while looking dignified.

Turning to the crab-man, she said “Rrrawk-rrrwawk!” while flapping her hands around.

“Rirowwk!” said the crab-man.

“Rraetetetrekkkkaaakaaa!” said Iris, pointing to a point away from her.

“Rrrwakkjiaka!” said the crab-man happily, who quickly ran in that direction.

The Doctor walked to Iris, who was smirking. “How did you know that would work? It was completely ridiculous.”

Iris patted down his coat, and ignored his frowns. “That's what you don't understand, dear. It worked because it was completely ridiculous. Everything we do is ridiculous, in the end.”

The Doctor shook his head, mutterring something about “Worse than UNIT” as he and Iris walked down the street.
>>
>>69041349
Good job!
>>
>>69041454
Thank you. Did I capture the feel of the characters?
>>
>>69039253
Any other prompts?
>>
>>69039286
Ian Levine ian levined Ian Levine iam levine.

“Ian Levine!” Ian Levine. Ian Levine ian levine ian levine ian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levineian levine.

“Ian Levine ian levine Ian Leviiiiiine?” Ian Levine.

IAAAANNNNN LLLLLEEEEEEVVVVVIIIIIINNNNEEEE!
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>69039977
The later girls weren't bad either. Nyssa is of course, the perfect example.
>>
>>69029080
All Doctors are good.
>>
>>69041575
Yeah
>>
Fark off immigrant!

Anything to keep the thread alive!
>>
File: 1461863499645.jpg (71 KB, 600x749) Image search: [Google]
1461863499645.jpg
71 KB, 600x749
>>69041897
Kek, it's been a memetically rich night for Ian.
>>
>37 posters
>217 posts

and people say /got/ and capeshit is bad
>>
>>69042447
>about 6 posts per person
Horrifying
>>
>>69042375
It has.

>>69042447

We've had worse threads.
>>
>>69042485
Horrifying indeed.
>tfw the drawthread on /a/ literally has Eleven and Doraemon as the image
>>
>>69042625
Heh, nice to know there are some Who fans on /a/.
>>
>>69042755
The guy just really wanted Amy Pond and River Song to be drawn with Doraemon too.
>>
>tfw people actually tell you they won't watch Capaldi as Doctor Who because he's old

I thought it was a meme but it's real. Disgusting.
>>
>>69043358
RIP ratings ;_:
>>
>>69043446
Eh, they'll rush back when a "Jazz Hands" or female Doctor gets cast. I figure it's worth a slightly less popular era to get the benefit of Capaldi's performance, and it's not even THAT much of a dip - nowhere near as bad as the Colin years.
>>
>>69043702
Getting new writers in would definitely help.
>>
>>69044139
Yeah, it'd be nice if Chinballs could politely ditch Gatiss (at least for S11). I suspect
Sleep No More really hurt S9, if there'd been an unbroken run from Zygons to Face the Raven it could have built up its numbers but there's this big flop in the middle breaking any momentum.
>>
File: Sdfs.png (226 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
Sdfs.png
226 KB, 468x468
Been thinking about setting up a stream. What was that site we used?
>>
>>69044808
cytu dot be
>>
>>69044808
...are you new? we've had thoraxtime around forever
>>
>>69044475
I kind of liked Sleep No More but it really had no relevance to anything. It's also the only episode that didn't have Clara doing Doctor like stuff. I mean even Forest had some character development that made it worth at least one viewing.
>>
>>69044808
Like >>69044916 says, there already is one. Heck, I think the splink stream is still around somewhere, it's just been dead for a long time
>>
Reminder that Managra

>>69044916
This, m8
>>
>>69044916
Just been gone for about a year.
>>
http://www.eruditorumpress.com/blog/outside-the-government-the-man-who-never-was/

>It’s not, I assume, a surprise to anyone reading at this point that I strongly consider Gareth Roberts the best writer that the series had. I’ll admit to not being completely unbiased here - Roberts is at this point one of those sorts of casual Internet friends one acquires via things like Twitter. We’ve e-mailed a couple of times, he follows the blog.
Whoa hold the fuck up, Philip Sandifer is friends with Gareth "Murder All Muslims" Roberts? Has he commented on any of Roberts' recent tweets?
>>
File: WhoRanksWho.jpg (1 MB, 1902x1749) Image search: [Google]
WhoRanksWho.jpg
1 MB, 1902x1749
>>69045426
Why?
>>
>>69045865
Jail/Rehab
>>
File: 1458683903697.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458683903697.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
>>69045896
For what?
>>
>>69045896
>>69045938
Are you child porn anon?
>>
File: 1376372899254.png (265 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
1376372899254.png
265 KB, 500x448
>>69045957
I remember that.
>>
>>69045896
>>69045938
He said rehab so I'm assuming something drug related
>>
>>69045938
I was growing and selling from my farm. Since I'm over 55 I was able to get off light with six months jail then rehab (which was a fucking joke mind you). So now I'm just back to growing.
>>
>>69046175
What country?
>>
File: dwg_hartnell.png (91 KB, 1078x296) Image search: [Google]
dwg_hartnell.png
91 KB, 1078x296
Made a couple more logos for /who/.
>>
File: DWG_Troughton.png (83 KB, 1078x296) Image search: [Google]
DWG_Troughton.png
83 KB, 1078x296
>>69046322
>>
File: DWG_Eccleston.png (594 KB, 1500x662) Image search: [Google]
DWG_Eccleston.png
594 KB, 1500x662
>>69046352
>>
>>69041694
>>69039253
War Doctor / Brax
>>
>>69039886
read more some who novels and you'll realise what we mean
>>
>>69046278
NZ
>>
>>69046379
man the surf board logo is so ugly
wtf were they thinking
>>
>>69046544
I think it looks cool.
>>
>>69042447
>>69040088
Oh boy here we FUCKing go. You think this is a bad show? You think you're better than us because you don't watch Dr. Who? Well guess what? FUCK YOU. I'd like to see you write better. I'd like to see you take a seat in Moffat's chair and try to spin all these fucking plates. Do you have any idea how hard it is to spin plates? FUCK. "oh it' for children, it's for children" You know what else is for children? Lollipops. Do you think lollipops are bad? Do you think you're better than us because you don't suck on lollipops? Seriously fuck off. I'd like to see you try to make a lollipop. Would you even know where to start? It's NOT easy. I'd like to pull you by your fucking ear and take you on a guided tour of a lollipop factory then you might learn some goddamn PERSPECTIVE. Look, we KNOW the show isn't great. We KNOW it's not reaching it's full potential but we're having fun. Is that so bad? Having some fun? Spinning some plates and licking some lollipops? No, I don't think it is. I really don't think it is. And if you do. If you do think it is bad, then why don't you just be quiet? Nobody is asking you to watch it or spin it or suck it or whatever. Just relax and enjoy what you enjoy and let us enjoy what we hate. Oh and don't come barging back in here when Chris Chibnall takes over begging us to let you back and forgive you. We'll remember. We'll remember you didn't have any FAITH or HOPE and that you were mean to us and didnt let us have our fun, took away our fucking lollipops and we we wont EVER forget THAT.

You're just a kid. That's what you are. You need to grow up.
>>
>>69046803
Delete this.
>>
File: DWG_Baker.png (113 KB, 1539x899) Image search: [Google]
DWG_Baker.png
113 KB, 1539x899
>>69046544
If I had a guess I think they were going for something like the diamond logo from late Pertwee/early Baker, but with widescreen in mind.
The difference being the logo over the diamond was pretty distinctive. I don't really mind the surfboard but the text is just solid black and in a pretty forgettable font.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.