[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to graduate from Calarts with a BFA in film/video. AMA.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Witches get Stitches.jpg (3 KB, 93x125) Image search: [Google]
Witches get Stitches.jpg
3 KB, 93x125
About to graduate from Calarts with a BFA in film/video. AMA. I will be brutally honest.
>>
Do you think you have a chance to get a job related to your studie and on your level?
>>
File: Motion Picture chart.jpg (250 KB, 1254x1138) Image search: [Google]
Motion Picture chart.jpg
250 KB, 1254x1138
How does it feel you'll never be as patrish as USC grads?
>>
>>68921509
Yes. However, they did not provide me with any oppertunities right out the gate. The animators, for example, have a significant number of employers come to the school to view their work. That does not happen in the film program. Ultimatley the program helped me develop me own thoughts and voice. Its heavily an art program over a program which prepares you for the industry like I would imagine UCLA or USC is. For 90% of the time I was here I was super pissed off about this, but am now realizing it is a blessing, as I am confident in becoming an indipendent filmmaker who tells good stories, rather than a low level at a studio.
>>
Why is everyone so shit at film? Why are most films bad? Like, how are people graduating film school and just churning out shit after shit?
>>
>>68921576
everytime i see this i hope its a joke.
>>
>>68921647
Because film schools for the most part are either obsessed with form, or in the case of calarts, obsessed with deconstructing form. They dont teach how to have interesting lives or how to be a good person, which I think is essential not just to being an artist, but obviously to being a human being which is by far more important.
>>
>>68921647
Because most people are bad at filmmaking. It's a rare skill.
>>
>>68921484
How much debt are you in to get a useless degree? Are you or will you soon be on welfare? How do you feel knowing you've wasted 4 years of your life?
>>
I'm getting out debt free. only reason worth going. No way in hell would it have been worth it other wise. Also you come off as a huuuuuuge cunt.
>>
>>68921844
Thanks bud. Let us know how paying bills works out for you.
>>
>>68921602
Maybe you could learn how to spell your "future career".
>>
>>68921484
Do you always post pictures for ants?
>>
>>68921647
because film students don't get to make movies right out of school and if by some miracle they do, the higher-ups will get cold feet and mangle their final cut.
>>
>>68921844
He's right though. You pretty much said yourself you wanted X, the course gave you Y and you'll just start making films now. You could have been just making films for 4 years.
>>
>>68921576
this isn't a good thing to show to film students, this isn't a good thing to show to anybody
>>
>motion picture graduate
>can't post a picture properly
>>
>>68921484
Why did you make this thread?
>>
> OP makes his first movie
> AD: "Picture is up! Quiet Please!"
> AD: "Turnover!"
> Silence
> AD stares at OP
> OP is oblivious
> AD: "Should we go?"
> OP: "Yes. Acting!"
> AD: "Acting?"
> Everyone on set looks confused.
> AD: "It's 'Action'"
> OP: "Sorry, I have only seen it written down and they never taught me to read or spell at Calarts"
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>68921484

Here...take a glimpse of your future!

Just replace "Action Orson!" with "Action Johnny!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.