[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best on screen Spiderman so far? They really nailed it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: Spider-Man-3-1200x632.jpg (71 KB, 1200x632) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-3-1200x632.jpg
71 KB, 1200x632
Best on screen Spiderman so far? They really nailed it
>>
I'm going to nail you tonight, fuckboi.
>>
>>68895941
o-o-ok
>>
>>68895899
Peter is what makes or unmakes Spider-man.

Spider-man fighting is just a cgi videogame character thats just a mere reflection of technology advancing. A cgi character says nothing about Spider-man.

Plus, the voice was horrible, the movements subpar and the spider-sense only worked when the plot demanded. Falcon surprised him a trillion times. And how he jumped with the webs was also afwul. He doesnt build momentum or tension. He shots the web and then he starts levitating towards his target.

So no, we will have to wait for his own movie to judge him
>>
I mean doesn't take much to top Andrew Garfield's Spider Man. After seeing many clips and previews I put him tied with Tobey Maguires.

That will probably change when I see the actual movie though... SOMEONE LINK ME THE CAMRIP THAT EVERYONE SAYS IS OUT THERE PLEASEEEEEE
>>
>>68896014
>the spider-sense only worked when the plot demanded.

Welcome to nearly every iteration of spiderman ever
>>
>>68896048
Well, too bad for the company that was supposed to make him "right".

Im not saying he should evade every hit, but at least be aware of the hit before being hit.
>>
So do they finally have full control of him or what?

He's their fucking goldmine they should be giving Sony a blank check.

Also knowing Marvel they're not going to waste any time building up to a sinister six film.
>>
>>68895899
Do they explain his articulating eyes?
>>
>>68896113
No, they can use him but don't have control.

Iron Man is gonna be in Sony's spiderman film too
>>
>>68895899

Shill thread successful!

10 Cents have been deposited into your account!
>>
>>68896118
Tony builds him an upgraded suit, so I guess it's got some facial expressive stuff
>>
>>68896014
>>68896081
His spider sense never really works like that. He's not Neo. It's mostly used to alert him of danger he wasn't aware of.
>>
>>68896118
You can see the mechanism on the high res pics. Still it doenst make sense since he uses them for expressions instead of zooming the lenses which is how it is explained to work.
>>
>>68896161
Still don't see why he didn't just make him an Iron Spider suit
>>
>>68896214
It seems it doesnt work on negros then because Falcon surprised him from the back tons of time without the spider sense alerting him. Did you even watch the airport scene or just defending it blindly?
>>
>>68896131

Maybe they'll be more willing to sell after the next film then. They have to see the diminishing returns by now and Marvel could really use their mascot back it's starting to get a little weird.
>>
>>68896253
He doesn't really need it.

Spiderman doesn't like to kill people so there's no need for weapons, and his flexibility and agility are important things for him. He doesn't need or want to be weighed down by a big metal suit
>>
>>68896014
>makes or unmakes
nigga, it's make or break
>>
>>68895899
>Best on screen Spiderman so far?
>Sounds like a 13yr old doing a ninja turtle impersonation

go fuck yourself
>>
>>68896363
>kid sounds like a kid
>>
>>68896113

The next Spidey film is a Marvel Studios and Sony co-production
>>
>>68896363

You just summed up teenage Spidey though.
>>
>>68895899
Sounds like Justin Bieber. And no, I'm not saying he simply sounds like a high pitched fuckboi, he legitimately sounds like Justin Bieber himself taught him his North America dialect.
>>
>>68896363

So in other words it's Spiderman?
>>
>>68896464
>>68896414
In what reality was that ever 'typical' spidey??
>>
Are spidermanfags the biggest cancer in all cape shit? They are worse than batmanfags
>>
Yeah

B-but muh tobey
>>
>>68895899
>the fuck...?
>>
>>68896717
Batfags are the biggest cancer in comics bar none. Constant asspain and shit over anything that doesn't bow down to BatGod
>>
>>68896674
>>68896464

That's not spidey at the time of Civil War. By then he was already a man and it MATTERED when he took that mask off.

Spiderman is not too OP a character. I understand his strength feats are up there. But hes not THAT exceptional.

What makes him dangerous is his mind and his experience. Throw anything at the guy. ANYTHING, and he'll probably have already faced it before. Taking that away from him and throwing him at other established heroes is fucking retarded.

If he had come out to fight as a novice he'd have gotten fukken killed. Im surprised that they didnt force his death during the movie so that we could have the black guy already.
>>
File: 2.jpg (53 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
53 KB, 500x465
>>68896674
Like most comic book characters their stories jump around, sometimes he's 20 something or 30 something depending on the writers.

BUT, Spiderman is always a teenager when he gets his powers. In countless interviews Stan Lee says he created Spiderman as a teenager to have him deal with having super powers and growing up...and also to sell more books because kids and teenagers were the main demographic. I haven't read the Civil War comic series, and Peter Parker might be older in it....but in this story he just a kid who got bit by a radioactive spider and got some powers and that's in line with his original origin story.
>>
>>68896895
>That's not spidey at the time of Civil War. By then he was already a man and it MATTERED when he took that mask off.

The film isn't the comic

>If he had come out to fight as a novice he'd have gotten fukken killed.

He ended up getting rekt and couldn't even stand up by the end. Nobody was trying to kill anybody else
>>
>>68896903
He's much older in the Civil War.

The reason that him choosing sides matters is that by that point he's fucking dangerous. He's been secretive his entire career, he's been in most major battles and survived, if not thrived.

Everyone knew him. A few people had boned him.

Not having that be present here, but nevertheless having him be here anyways doesnt really work.

Even having Tobey Maguire coming n to reprise his role as an older, more experienced Spiderman would have been better.
>>
>>68896903

Old senile Stan remembers a different origin depending on the time of day, none of which are 'we stole it from Kirby.'
>>
>>68896991
>Not having that be present here, but nevertheless having him be here anyways doesnt really work.

It totally works in the context of the movie.

The goal of the movie isn't to perfectly adapt the comic. Spidey is a cameo role to introduce him to the audience again, and do some cool moves.

It's not about a huge life changing decision for him, that's not the plot they went with
>>
>>68896991
that would have been pretty cool i guess
>>
>>68896988
Yeah, and the registration thing barely comes up.

But that doesnt mean that having him in isnt just fucking shoehorning and unnecessary for anything other than selling the movie for Sony.

All his scene was good for was justifying the reboot without having people bitch about it.

>>68897042
It wasn't life-changing in the comic either. Quesadilla rebooted that choice because it changed way too much and fucked the formula.

It doesnt change that having him in is unnecessary and is fucking pointless.

I still think having Tobey reprise would have been better, if not a bit more interesting.
>>
Oh look, another thread made by Marvel shills, now you will reply with your samefagging attitude how Marvel is better than DC, and at the end of the day your overlords will give you your 2 bucks. You really do nothing but shilling Marvel's cock, uh?
>>
>>68896991
I see your point, and I don't entirely disagree. But clearly Disney/Marvel didn't want to go for a 1-1 adaptation of the comic. But yes, Spiderman at this age should have gotten his ass kicked due to inexperience. But like you said earlier his power level is up there in the comics.
>>
>>68897093
>It doesnt change that having him in is unnecessary and is fucking pointless.

It's not pointless, it's about setting him up for future films, and creating the link between Marvel and Sony.

It shows the audience there's a new, younger spiderman. It sets up the "father/son" dynamic between Tony and Peter, as Tony will be in the next Spiderman film.

Spiderman's there to fill space on Tony's team. If you want to say he's redundant, then you can say the same for any hero other than Tony, Cap, Wanda and Bucky
>>
>>68897142
the spidey's ok.

It did what it was here for.

>>68897179
Yeah. I ceded that point. The scene did help establish the reboot without making the reboot look like too much of a cash-grab.

I bet that Tony will be Peter's secret father and that Aunt "I cum in pies" May will be his mom.
>>
File: 1457816539190.png (260 KB, 525x453) Image search: [Google]
1457816539190.png
260 KB, 525x453
wouldn't it have been better if cap threw the shield at him and he replied:

>"did you just throw a ginormous frisbee at me? the fuck..."
>"im supposed to be a spider, not a dog"
>>
Black Panther was pretty good too. His suit is OP as fuck though, how do you beat a guy with a vibranium suit. Same with vision too.

Hawkeye playing golf and getting 18 hole in ones was pretty fun
>>
File: 2.jpg (35 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
35 KB, 544x400
>>68895899
Did somebody say... Spiderman thread?
>>
>>68897385
>Captain replies:
>tell that to Zod's snapped neck
>>
>>68895899
yeah, too bad that they had to shove him in this heap of trash
>>
>>68897402
With Scarlet Witch. Bitch's so powerful she's even scared of her own powers. And this is probably her only weakness.
>>
>>68896118
Something about controlling the huge amount of sensory input from his spidey-senses
>>
File: 1453173755894.jpg (46 KB, 1295x781) Image search: [Google]
1453173755894.jpg
46 KB, 1295x781
SHAZAM
>>
>>68897563
If you surprise her you can beat her, like Hawkeye did in Avengers 2
>>
They really fucked up by having teen spidey in this film. If you want to do adult peter/spidey with tony/iron man in the CW setting thats fine, and if you want to teen spidey in his own setting thats fine too, but smashed together it doesnt work. Proof that this has, and always will be "quips war". As long as people leave the theatre quoting "LMAO UNDEROOS" Marvel is happy. No matter what your opinion of the cw storyline is, peter was in a serious conflict with himself and had many thoughts to weigh on regarding the events.
>>
>>68897717
If she's snaps and doesn't care about anything anymore no one can take her down.
>>
Why did they ruin Ant Man's suit design?
>>
Who is that blonde bitch who I see promoted? Is that Scarlett Witch?
>>
>>68897763
Unlike Snyder Marvel understood restraint, and rather than trying to mash in 100 different storylines and plot points, focused the film on a few.
>>
>>68895899
He was the best part of the entire movie, and the movie's pretty great
>>
>>68896363
>>Sounds like a 13yr old

He sounds slightly younger than the character he's playing? Holy shit!
>>
>>68895899
No, because of the battle dialogue. Most of it was poor quality. Read: quality. It was Whedon tier writing, I know Spiderman is supposed to be a wise cracking guy, so calm yourselves Marveldrones. He had good dialogue everywhere else, and his chemistry with Stark out of battle and during the airport scene was very nice.

Now consistently good quips can be found consistently in Raimi's and Sony's spiderman movies.
>>
>>68898001
Why does this always turn to Snyder as a comparison? Why can't CW be judged on its own? The two aren't mutually inclusive
>>
>>68898102
I dunno I thought

>WOAHH YOU HAVE A METAL ARM

And him joking about Falcon was pretty good
>>
>>68898127
I was drawing comparisons to a recent movie that struggled, partly because it tried to force in too many plot points and became a bloated mess.

I think in this situations it's reasonable to bring it up, to show the drawbacks of trying to push in yet another storyline that isn't necessary for the movie to work
>>
>>68898142
Metal arm was awful, same with the AT-AT line.

He had some good ones, but most were bad.
>>
>>68898102
I don't even remember any quips from the Raimi movies except for:
>IT'S YOU WHO'S OUT GOBBY! OUT OF YOUR MIND!
>>
>>68898189
That's a fair opinion anon, makes sense. I haven't yet seen CW so I don't know the actual plot points that are in it, so I can't yet draw a personal comparison
>>
>>68898209
Because of /tv/ I remember quite a few

>Here's your change!
>Did your husband make it for you?
>Pizza time
>Impressive
>My spidey senses are tingling...if you know what I mean
>Butterfingers
>Sleeeeeeeeep
>You got a train to catch
>Shazam
>Work was murder
>Rides up the crotch a bit
>We found the rubber band
>Eat your green vegetables
>Look at little goblin junior
>>
You people realize that if they copy this scene then it won't have literally any impact whatsoever because no one gives a shit about the new Spider-man yet in the comic universe he was already a legend from long ago.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.