[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point did the show jump the shark for you? I'd say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11
File: supernatural-dean-winchester-8.jpg (56 KB, 599x399) Image search: [Google]
supernatural-dean-winchester-8.jpg
56 KB, 599x399
At what point did the show jump the shark for you?
I'd say when they decided to continue after Season 5/Apocalypse. Now it's a trainwreck I can't take my eyes off of. I still watch it but it's pretty predictable and terribly written with needless tumblr pandering at random times in the seasons.

Now they've written themselves into a corner and hoping S12 is the last one with God wiping the slate clean and that's it.
>>
Bumparino
>>
>>68895014
more or less the same. I enjoyed pretty much all of it, it was one of my favourite shows. Then they continued from season 5s finale. Worse than continuing, they stripped the season 5 finale of all emotional weight by ending with a scene of Sam outside Deans house (I think? been 5 odd years).

Like what the fuck, you just undid the whole ending? you couldn't even wait until the first episode of the next season?

That and the fanbase. Fuck Supernaturals fanbase, more so than most fanbases. Can't really blame it since all CW shows are cursed with that, but still.
>>
Same story.

While I did enjoy some parts of the Mark of Cain story and I still like Crowley and Dean, the show is just boring now. Nothing is at stake, the jokes are few and rarely good, SJW shit and the plotline right now is going nowhere, really. However, after having watched it for so many years, I doubt I can just stop and I probably will watch until the end, which, hopefully, is next season. Enough is enough.

And yes.

Fuck the fanbase. The worst one in the world.
>>
>>68895014
>At what point did the show jump the shark for you?
season 4, but I still watch it
>>
Nigger wat.

This show just STARTED getting good around S4/S5.

Although S10 is the worst season by far.
>>
File: Supernatural-Charlie.jpg (298 KB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
Supernatural-Charlie.jpg
298 KB, 1916x1080
>>68895014
When they killed off the best character
>>
>>68897281
You didn't enjoy the Apocalypse and based Mark Pellegrino?

>>68896795
>>68896542
Last ep was yet another filler and "oh, by the way, we're GAY and MARRIED!" which has no bearing on the plot at all. Just to please the fanbase's gay fanfiction shippers (90% of it)
>>
File: SPN_946.jpg (189 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SPN_946.jpg
189 KB, 1280x720
>>68895014
Loved the first season with the whole monster of the week theme. Went downhill from the start of the Leviatans season, although Dick Roman was great. Kinda reminded me of Patrick Bateman a lot.
>>
Just generally after S5 it was mostly braindead TV and the occasional great moment or episode.

The ep when Bobby dies from the bullet in his head was fucking amazing. I legit cried, Bobby was great. The kindof crotchety uncle everyone wants to hang out with and do redneck shit with.

Then they gave him the biggest middle finger treatment with "Hey, we need a Deus Ex Machina, let's write Bobby in again and ruin his fucking Afterlife". That was like pissing on someone's mother's grave while they watched.
>>
>>68895014
S W A N S O N G
W
A
N
S
O
N
G
>>
>>68897577
Looks like Rick Santorum honestly.
>>
I've tolerated the show for years now but the whole gay hunter thing was too much for me especially considering that they shoehorned two dykes the previous episode.

I've dropped the show, idgaf anymore.
>>
>>68897399
she's the only one that can save the show now
;)
>>
I kept with it up until I think the second Felicia Day episode; even then it was just barely holding my attention.

Seasons 1-5 are pure kino though.
>>
Dropped it at some point in Season 10, though it had been shit a long time before that. At some point I just felt that doing pretty much anything would be less boring than watching yet another episode.
>>
>>68897433
>You didn't enjoy the Apocalypse and based Mark Pellegrino?
Pellegrino was awesome, but the show wasn't the same anymore. it lost this monster of the week feel
>>
>>68897994
>At some point I just felt that doing pretty much anything would be less boring than watching yet another episode.
Yeah this is exactly how i feel and why I stopped watching it during season 10.
>>
>your favorite show was cancelled after a few seasons
>Supernatural will have 11 seasons, with more to come
>>
>>68898447
what show?
>>
>>68895014
Seasons 1-3 are Goat, had a good balance between over all arc, and single horror focused episodes.

4-5 are nice, after that it dropped the ball.
>>
>>68895014
Can't really answer the question. I stopped watching after season 5 finale. Solid endpoint, I guess.
>>
File: terra-nova.jpg (420 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
terra-nova.jpg
420 KB, 1280x1024
>>68898447
At least you got a few seasons...
>>
>>68897846
Maybe you missed the part where she died. No point in having a geeky lesbian ghost
>>
>>68899036
At least you got the best theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bOBjZMJ2l8
>>
I don't remember. It's been stale for quite some time. Still watch it though, but there's rarely anything new.

Lots of filler episode, which is fine. It's pretty old show and that was normal back then, but after 10 seasons you've seen it all. Might be interesting if they ever decide to make a season that's almost completely about the story arc. Won't happen though.
>>
I don't even remember which season I dropped it. Everything after season 5 just kind blends together in a big pile of shit.
>>
>>68898650
Not him, but mine was Farscape. A really good sci-fi show.
>>
How was the anime?
>>
>>68899993
I never heard anything about it past a few trailers. Did it even air?
>>
>>68899563
same here
>>
>>68895014

turned to shit after Castiel appeared. An angel of the lord, wings and all that... and he's just a guy in a trenchcoat.
You could just tell that they were going to milk this new class of entitiy for seasons upon seasons.
>>
>>68900190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWfjeQJlNSc
apparently
>>
>>68899993
I dont remember much but i think it covered 2 or 3 seasons of the show.They altered the characters into japanese stereorypes,so it was pretty terrible.
>>
>>68900297
One of the things I fucking hate about the show is that its always human suits. I get it, you have budget issues and the only thing you can afford to do is Beast Wars-tier CGI but come the fuck on. If the japanese can use a bit of camera magic to have a man in a rubber Godzilla suit smash a city and have it look decent in NINETEEN FIFTY FUCKING FOUR, you can do something with your "Oh it's a new creature, this one's a human with green eyes to differentiate from the ones with black eyes, red eyes, flaming nostrils or glowing ears"
>>
File: karen-meangirls rolling eyes.jpg (55 KB, 1240x910) Image search: [Google]
karen-meangirls rolling eyes.jpg
55 KB, 1240x910
>It's a filler episode
>>
>>68900878
What i hate is how everything is weak as shit
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (63 KB, 584x643) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg
63 KB, 584x643
>>68901039
>It's a Filler episode that ends with an out-of-the-blue Dean's internal anguish mopeyface episode
>>
File: Khorne_by_alexboca.jpg (277 KB, 1136x811) Image search: [Google]
Khorne_by_alexboca.jpg
277 KB, 1136x811
>>68901060
Everything's got a special knife. The bunker is an obvious excuse to just saver money filming in one area and having oodles of asspull artifacts. Oh hey is that a <Weird fucking monsters the writer's 2 year son wrote in his own shit on the playpen's floormats>! Look up THE LORE and find THE KNIFE SMEARED IN MUHAMMAD'S DINGLEBERRIES to kill it.

We need another nerd episode where a portal opens to the warp and everyone gets skullfucked by a Bloodthirster from 40k. End series.
>>
File: Jo_Harvelle.jpg (532 KB, 1265x1900) Image search: [Google]
Jo_Harvelle.jpg
532 KB, 1265x1900
when she died
>>
>>68901224
>tfw she died for literally nothing
>>
>>68901199
Iit's the thing that happens to soap operas over time, everything has been done already but you have to make shit crazier to keep viewership.

Can't wait for season 20 where God's grand daddy (revealed to be Sam's cosmic cousin) fights Dean possessed by Satan possessed by Cthulu in the body of Cass.
>>
I think I stopped watching in season 5, maybe 4.

Question: are simple monster of the week series not that attractive to the general public?

I remember watching season 1-2 and enjoying the moments where they just went from one rural town to another chasing the monster of the week.
>>
>>68901224
>>68901282
That shit really was entirely pointless and bizarre.

I remember being convinced it would show something else actually happened in the next episode, but nope, it really was that stupid and pointless.
>>
>>68895014

honestly just watching to see what they do about God

Not dropping until I get confirmation it's Chuck
>>
>>68895014

wait, i stopped watching when castiel fucked up heaven or something and when all the angels fell to earth, could someone tell me which season is that and the synopsis of the seasons after it?
>>
>>68901761
>"We can't just bring in GOD, that's the endgame y'know?"
>Bring in someone more powerful
Tommy Wiseau should write a fucking season, that'd be an improvement on all levels.
>>
Reading all this has me glad i actually stopped after 5. Tried to watch 6 as it aired but got distracted with life stuff and never got back into it.

Sorry guys.
>>
Great start, got iffy once angels became a thing but recovered and was fantastic up until the end of season 5. Leave Sam dead there and you have a 9/10 show that wrapped up perfectly. It was still tolerable for a while after that, but the power creep, inability to build up long-term villains and misuse of some potentially interesting characters (introducing and killing off like half the Greek gods in a single episode) has almost completely killed it. There's essentially no reason to watch anymore outside of really liking the core characters.
>>
holy shit, gave this up during the second season

the first three-four seasons of this show were more formulaic and repetitive than any show i've seen on TV
>>
Would any of the anons currently watching be kind enough to outline whats happened in the show post season 5?
>>
>>68895014
the moment dean did the whole "you're a brother to me" speech with kevin. kevin was a bland character that was just sorta there for a season, didn't feel any closer to the brothers than plenty of other people they've worked with. the writers deciding to award him that title, something only Castiel had gotten before, cheapens the core principle of the whole series.
>>
File: Jared hugging a Wendigo.jpg (33 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
Jared hugging a Wendigo.jpg
33 KB, 512x640
Look at that fucking face.
>>
File: JUST fuck my career up fam.jpg (28 KB, 402x392) Image search: [Google]
JUST fuck my career up fam.jpg
28 KB, 402x392
>>68904087
>>
Would they have the balls to make God the final villain?
>>
>>68904181
They've portrayed angels as mostly-irredeemable cunts for like 7 seasons and one of the main characters is the loveable King of Hell. Might be yeah.
>>
>>68904168
How much do they get per episodes?
>>
>>68899993
If you can get past Dean not being voiced by Jensen and the redesign of Bobby then yeah.

To make it more confusing Ackles comes in for the last few eps as Dean, and it sounds weird to hear him after so many episodes
>>
>>68904274
A quick google says between 100k to 125k per episode. Jensen's worth 3 million more than Moose though.
>>
>>68904340
Then they're fine, I doubt Padalecki would have had a great career anyway
>>
>>68904519
I doubt any of them will have a career after Supernatural ends aside from perhaps modeling. TV and movie actors in America tends to be very segregated. There are exceptions but it tends to be the rule.
>>
>>68904519

Padalecki should be grateful Jensen isn't ambitious. Jensen could have been Chris Pratt.
>>
Sam will probably go JUST fairly quickly, I see Jensen being quite modest with his money and he doesn't seem like the vanity type when it comes to millions of dollars.
>>
So, general oppinion seems to be up to S5, it was a great show. Then they screwed up by taking it onward, and now they actively pander to the fucking terrible fanbase, where as they used to rip the piss out of it.

I fucking loved Dick Roman though.
>>
File: Richard_Roman.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Richard_Roman.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>68905521
That's some conviction. You'd really crush it on the motivational circuit.
>>
>>68897577
I think they could have gone past the apocolypse...but the leviathan plotline was what really sold how shit it was.

They could skip that entire season.
>>
>>68895014
If you disagree you're a beta male who doesn't understand what was so great about this series
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.