[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WarCraft Movie spoilers thread!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 11
File: warcraft_movie_lothar.jpg-large.jpg (294 KB, 1013x1538) Image search: [Google]
warcraft_movie_lothar.jpg-large.jpg
294 KB, 1013x1538
Sup /tv/!

I guy I know saw the pre-screening of WarCraft, and this is what he told me about the movie:

"First and foremost, I’m bound to forget parts or get things a little out of order. Some parts are pretty summarized too. They cut between orcs and humans a lot so it’s not exactly linear."

>Legendary Logo, Universal Logo (regular), Blizzard Logo (showed Artanis, then Kerrigan, and finally Tracer in the ice as it spun around – it was kind of weird honestly) Opens with a toy falling over (of King Llane). It’s little Varian playing with them. Khadgar is there, saying something about how not all Orcs are evil. (all quotes are paraphrased) “There was one Orc, Durotan…”

>Cut to Draenor, you can see the Throne of Kil’jaeden, but this isn’t talked about at all. There’s a green fel cloud above it. Durotan, Orgrim, and Draka are together, going toward the portal. Draka is told to make camp.

>Draenei are being transported by green orcs, we see Gul’dan with Garona. Garona knows their language. One of the Draenei (woman with a baby) is begging to let them take her and spare her child. She translates it to Gul’dan. Gul’dan says “No, we need them all”

>Durotan and Draka are in camp together, they talk about their child. Durotan says to keep her belly hidden.

>Gul’dan at the Dark Portal. He says he needs lives to open the portal (not corpses). Some unfinished CG parts here. Gul’dan uses magic, we see the Draenei being killed and it opens the portal. The orcs charge through the portal, we can see the trees on Azeroth are facing OUT perpendicular.
>>
literally who cares
>>
File: DSC_9079-2040w.0.jpg (330 KB, 2040x1351) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9079-2040w.0.jpg
330 KB, 2040x1351
>The orcs are crossing through, Durotan says he’ll go first. Draka follows. There’s a sequence of them traveling through the twisting nether. Draka’s tummy gets hit by a fel energy and she’s in pain.

>After they come out of the portal (which is in the ground in the Black Morass, there is no Dark Portal here yet), Draka’s birth is induced, and she has her child right then and there. The orcs are pissed that Durotan brought a pregnant woman through. Gul’dan sees the child is green, picks him up and holds him like Simba in Lion King, saying something like “This is the new generation of the Horde”. The portal is closed now.

>Shot of Ironforge. We see a Dwarf on a mountaintop, similar to that old Ironforge background/the first WoW cinematic. Inside of Ironforge, Lothar is there with a Dwarf, and he’s getting a shipment of weapons. The Dwarves call them boomsticks (opens the case with a gun in it). He’s about to demonstrate it, aiming. Cuts to his perspective, where he then he sees another Dwarf running over with a scroll. He’s tired from running, gives him the scroll and tells him there’s been attacks.

>Lothar takes his gryphon over to Stormwind. This is where he meets with the king and a bunch of others, including Magni (I could tell by his design, but he’s never introduced, nor does he speak). Lothar eventually meets with Khadgar, a mage in training, and they are to go to Medivh in Karazhan. They both hop on his gryphon and travel there (I think Khadgar said something like “that’ll take too long”, then Lothar says we’ll take my gryphon). They arrive. There’s a shit ton of stairs, and Lothar is tired as hell trying to climb them. He looks up and there’s still WAY more. Eventually he gets to the top and Medivh is there, sculpting a golem out of clay (that’s what he called it after Lothar asks him).
>>
File: 2 - uNIunM8.png (591 KB, 581x489) Image search: [Google]
2 - uNIunM8.png
591 KB, 581x489
>>68207534

>Note that there’s like a blue magic pool in that room too. Meanwhile, Khadgar is checking out books and he sees some kind of apparition beckoning him and it goes into one of the books. He reaches out his hand to pick out a book, and sees the Kirin Tor sign on his arm is glowing more intensely, it gets more and more intense as it gets near a certain book, so he grabs that one and hides it away. After they talk, they go back down to where Khadgar is. I can’t remember if they teleported down there or if they walked down the stairs. Either way, teleportation is involved. At some point they are discussing fel magic, since some of the humans are decayed or something like that. I also can’t remember if they teleported from here, but they go to the Black Morass where the Orcs are.

>The orcs ambush human soldiers patrolling. This is where Blackhand throws a horse and stuff. At some point Durotan loses his frostwolf, he steals a horse and flees the battle. Garona is still in chains at this point, Durotan sees she’s in trouble as he’s fleeing, but he turns around to free her. She’s not really respected, so this is a shock to her.

> (I can’t remember if it’s right after this) Lothar and co arrive, he finds and inspects some dead bodies. Lothar is at some point knocked on the ground, he’s against Blackhand. It looks like he’s about to lose, but he pulls out the boomstick and fires it through his hand, and it shows his fucked up hand bleeding. Lothar escapes. They find and capture Garona with another Orc, he had one blind eye, to me it looked like Drek’thar but never really introduced, had white hair, brown skin, with the Frostwolves.
>>
*holds up spork*
>>
>>68207534

my god this sounds so bad, I hope youre making shit shit up
>>
File: gd5oN7a9heMg.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (33 KB, 564x374) Image search: [Google]
gd5oN7a9heMg.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
33 KB, 564x374
>>68207564

>Garona knew Common, orc was getting pissed off that she was speaking to them “If you speak one more word of their tongue, I’ll (something something, halfbreed or something)” She keeps speaking so he’s about to hit her, but he gets hit in the face by Lothar. At some point Medivh goes to look at something, and he sticks Atiesh in the ground, and Khadgar picks it up in awe, then continues walking with it for a little bit. Orcs attack, and Khadgar is still holding it, and that’s the clip where you see Khadgar using a spell while holding Atiesh. I can’t remember what Medivh was doing.

>Lothar’s son is one of the people who were ambushed originally, but he survived. Lothar later talks to him about how he was scared that he’d been killed or something like that.

>Lothar, Khadgar, and Garona are together camping for the night. Khadgar is looking at her, and Garona notices. She asks if he wants to bed her. He gets all embarrassed. Garona says something like he’d be too weak for her. Lothar says something snarky. Eventually she talks about how she’s seen as “cursed”, how she’s basically used for sex, how Orcs break her bones. She’s not respected as an orc. She knows she’s not pure orc, but also says that she’s not one of their kind (human) either.
>>
File: warcraft-armor-3.jpg (257 KB, 656x794) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-armor-3.jpg
257 KB, 656x794
>>68207600

>She’s brought to the king and they have some discussion of whether she’s to be trusted. They talk about how orcs are about honor or something, culture based on war, this ties in later. She’s given a weapon, a small dagger. She says something like “I’m to defend myself with THIS?” She talks about how “there is one”, and that’s Durotan, and how they could try to meet with him to overthrow Gul’dan. Inn music plays. Khadgar is staying in an inn (pretty sure it’s Goldshire), researching the book he stole from Medivh. He’s discovering some shit about fel magic, there’s some drawings about what it does the body and stuff, basically learning that Medivh knows way more than he’s discussed. I think this may have been a later scene, but Medivh enters his room where he sees his research (Khadgar is there) and he burns it all with magic. He takes his book back, makes some remark about how it’s interesting he chose THIS one of all the books he had.

>He goes in. It’s a black. There’s a robed figure standing there, who we’ve seen before in the library. It looks like one of the Dark Portal sculptures. It’s an old lady, played by a pretty famous actor, but I can’t remember her name, not on IMDB list. Her eyes are black (even the whites of the eyes). She says something about how Medivh is using fel magic, how he researched too much into ‘all the magic of this world’ must be stopped or something. I really can’t wrap my mind around who she’s supposed to be or what her role is.

>Later, Durotan and Blackhand are called out for fleeing (dishonorable), has a meeting with Gul’dan. Orgrim is also there. Grom is there but he doesn’t talk or anything. Blackhand has his injured hand chopped off and burned. I can’t remember if there was some consequence for Durotan, or if it was just a slap on the wrist or what?
>>
File: 3 - G0JucW8.png (235 KB, 259x330) Image search: [Google]
3 - G0JucW8.png
235 KB, 259x330
>>68207626

>Some sequence of attacks on Redridge (it’s a top-down pan, lastly pointing at the towers on top of the eastern hills blowing up, made me think of WC3 to be honest), then Westfall, where Durotan and Orgrim are looking at the destruction. They question if they’re doing the right thing. Durotan says something like “have you noticed that after Gul’dan started using his magic, our planet started to die?” and that this new world might end up the same way if they don’t do anything, “doesn’t this remind you of anything” kinda thing, looking at how the land has become. Orgrim says something about how there would be no chance they could overthrow him. This is where Durotan says “but with the human’s help, there could be”.

>I forgot how they got there, maybe they teleported, but Garona meets with Durotan, Khadgar is there too. I can’t remember where they were, but it was certainly in the woods. They’re talking, basically saying to meet up in Blackrock, and Khadgar is practically shitting his pants, but Durotan gives him a bro pat and walks away.
>>
File: 5 - TJ2MyZ4.jpg (214 KB, 1213x721) Image search: [Google]
5 - TJ2MyZ4.jpg
214 KB, 1213x721
>>68207666

>Orgrim and Durotan are talking later, he tells him that he’s decided to meet with the humans. Later at Blackrock, they meet up, Lothar is suspicious because it’s a perfect place for an ambush. However, Medivh is up on one of the cliffs and he’s supposed to do some magic in case something goes wrong. So they’re talking and they do get ambushed by Blackhand and co. Durotan looks up at a cliff and sees Orgrim, he’s betrayed him. Orgrim leaves. Durotan and co/Lothar and co fight Blackhand and co, things aren’t going well. Medivh isn’t fucking doing anything, so Lothar yells “whatever you plan to do, DO IT NOW”, but we see Medivh is having issues. EVENTUALLY he casts lightning killing a bunch of Orcs, but not all of them. He creates a giant barrier. But, the barrier divided Lothar from his son. So his son is on the other side where the Orcs are, and Lothar is trying to break through it but he can’t. He’s trying to tell Medivh to take it down. He’s trying as hard as he can, he picks up a shield off a dead soldier and pushes through the shield, ALMOST making it through when he gets blasted away. He sees his son get killed by Blackhand. (Grom is also next to him)

>At some point Garona is with Medivh in Karazhan. Maybe I misinterpreted, but I think they had sex. He gives her a blue flower as a symbol of whichever that means, and teleports her. After I think he’s bathing in his blue magic bath? At some point he goes in there anyway. And I swear there was another guy with him at some point but I can’t remember who or why. Maybe the pool starts turning green at this point? I think they showed that he was delving into fel magic already, and he needed it to rejuvenate or something.
>>
>>68207693

>I can’t remember where this fits in, but Khadgar goes to Dalaran (which is floating in the sky) via gryphon, and meets with the Kirin Tor. I think he talks about the whole Medivh thing, which is why he was in a rush to go there. Anyway, there’s some big black relic thing (it’s a giant cube, tilted 45 degrees), and the Kirin Tor leader (I want to say Antonidas, it would make sense considering his white hair and beard, but yet another character never explicitly named). THIS PART CONFUSED ME. He said something about someone with a name that starts with an A. I can’t remember, right after he said it I wanted him to repeat it so I could remember, but I don’t know. Anyway, the cube thing opens up with a doorway. Khadgar says something like “Do I go in?” and ‘Antonidas’ says “I don’t know. This never happened before.” (audience laughs).

>Back in Stormwind, Lothar gets drunk. He’s really pissed off at Medivh. He’s talking to Garona about how his wife died during childbirth, and for a long time he blamed his son for that.

>Durotan and Draka are in camp with baby Thrall, it’s a heartfelt moment, they both say “whatever happens”, they’re both pretty sure they’re going to die. Durotan says he’s going to challenge a mak’gora with Gul’dan. She asks him what to name the child. He says Go’el.
>>
>>68207727

>I can’t remember if we see this first, or if the mak’gora was after Draka dies, but it cuts to Durotan challenging Gul’dan. They’re near the Dark Portal on Azeroth, the land at this point is looking a lot more like Blasted Lands. They have a legitimate fight for a while, and Durotan is winning. It’s really intense. But Gul’dan doesn’t want to lose, so he starts using magic. The audience calls him out for cheating, but he keeps doing it. Durotan is shriveled up and weak, getting really thin and losing his muscle, but he keeps on fighting. Durotan dies. The crowd is angry, someone asks “Is this who you want to be your leader??” and Gul’dan is pissed. One orc in the back says “NOOO!” (and the theater audience thought it was funny). Eventually more orcs start saying no. Gul’dan then fucking kills a bunch of orcs with his magic. They’re afraid of him now. They follow him because they don’t want to be killed. I think it’s at this point Gul’dan says something like “I’ll show you what power I can give” and casts magic on Blackhand, turning him all fel-y. His skin starts growing over his shoulderpads and he has like a viney hand now (the one that was cut off) that sort of morphed with his spikey glove.

>At some point I think Orgrim is talking to Gul’dan, and while they’re talking Gul’dan is sucking the life from a human dude. I completely forgot the purpose of this scene. It was night time.
>>
>>68207758

>Orgrim tells Draka to get out because they’re going to come here and kill her, she was also mad at him. She flees with baby Thrall.
Draka is placing Thrall down the river, where an assassin attacks her. They have a good fight, and they both kill each other. It cuts to Draka’s perspective (sideways on the ground), the last thing she sees is Thrall floating away.

>King Llane, Medivh, and Lothar are together discussing future plans. At some point Lothar gets REALLY pissed off, saying that Medivh isn’t trustworthy, he shouldn’t be relied on for what they’re doing next. He starts getting violent, so the guards put him in a cell. Medivh and the king go ahead to make their attack on the Orcs near the Dark Portal, while Lothar is stuck in jail. At some point Garona visits him in his cell (which the trailers make it seem like he’s visiting her). I don’t remember what they talk about, but it gets pretty romancey. I also remember Medivh turning into a raven and flying out.

>At some point, Khadgar sneaks in, casts Polymorph on the guard and frees Lothar. I can’t remember how he knew to go there. Either way he knows there’s something up with Medivh at this point so they both go to Karazhan.

>It later cuts to Durotan’s shriveled dead body being held up like a symbol. I think it’s when the humans are arriving.
>>
File: 8J07_D017_00145RV4_HR_CROP_WEB.jpg (110 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
8J07_D017_00145RV4_HR_CROP_WEB.jpg
110 KB, 598x800
>>68207779

>I can’t remember how it initiates, but Khadgar and Lothar confront Medivh, and Medivh is getting all evil. He transforms into an avatar of Sargeras, so his eyes turn black, his chin turns all spiky, he grows the iconic horns, his body grows pretty big, he pretty much looks like Sargeras as you’d imagine him without the shoulderpads and stuff. That blue pool is green now. He’s opening the Dark Portal, Khadgar says that it won’t open as long as he isn’t speaking, so he needs to be distracted or something. That golem he was sculpting comes to life, and it has glowing green runes and shit now. There’s a long action sequence, and this is simultaneous to what’s happening by the Dark Portal (it keeps cutting between them).

>The Dark Portal is opening, and the humans are fighting the Orcs. The humans have a bunch of boomsticks now, so that’s sort of their advantage. They’re kicking ass for a while.

>Eventually I think it was the Golem’s body crushes Sargeras/Medivh, so he stops casting the spell. Medivh is still alive, but he’s human again, and he starts speaking. He redirects the portal to Stormwind (this is where I thought the orcs were going to invade Stormwind). The humans fall back through the portal. However, the portal closes right before Garona and Llane go through. Llane looks at her and says “you said that the orcs take honor in war, either way I’m going to die. Kill me and become honorable among your people”. Blackhand is coming over, wanting the kill. “Don’t let him take the honor”. So she reluctantly stabs him and kills him, and the Orcs cheer for her and shit. She’s carried to Gul’dan, and Gul’dan is very happy.
>>
>>68207800

>After Lothar jumps on his gryphon and flies off to the Dark Portal, where he goes in alone and his gryphon is kicking ass. He’s also fighting of course. He finds the body of King Llane, and he sees the dagger of Garona and feels betrayed. He’s fighting a bunch of orcs with his gryphon, but he gets knocked out. He wakes up and there’s a big circle of orcs. Blackhand challenged him to mak’gora. They charge at each other, Lothar slides between his legs, slicing Blackhand’s balls (the audience laughed – this part is also in one of the trailers), he comes back and stabs him through the back, and Blackhand dies. Gul’dan wants him to die still, but Garona stops him (this part was unfinished CGI, so you could see the rotoscoping) and basically says that he won fairly, let him leave, it would look honorable to YOU. Gul’dan accepts it. Lothar takes the body of King Llane onto his gryphon and flies off.

>Arriving back at Stormwind, they have the funeral.

>It goes back to the first scene of the film where Varian is with Khadgar. It kind of wraps up with him saying that he needs to be a fair king or something. “Come on now, your mother is waiting for you” and they leave. Before leaving, Varian picks up the toy of his father and puts it upright.
Credits -- WoW login music rendition

>After credits scene, Thrall is going down the river. A human says “My lord, look!” and a human runs up and picks up Thrall from the water. He holds him up, and Thrall goes “ROAAR”. The end.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.