[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Lex knows that Darkseid and Apokolips are coming, why would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
If Lex knows that Darkseid and Apokolips are coming, why would he want to kill the planet's only capable defense?
>>
>>68123289
I just have one question; is apokolips black with those big chimp lips? That's my mental image of him from the name.
>>
>>68123309
Apokolips is a planet.
>>
>>68123289
People asking why he made Doomsday, think about the creation scenes -- how he cries when examining Zod. The Greek Icarus flew too close to the sun and fell, Zod and the other Kryptonians came across the universe simply to restore their people. Yet Superman struck them down, in Lex's eyes, to cement his status as a god. He gives the genesis chamber his own DNA and weeps viewing the lethal results of Superman's righteousness. "If God is all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful" Lex manically laments as he remembers the abuses of his father. So if the super man's intentions for humanity are so supremely pure that he would act as destroyer for his own race, then there is no way he will never live up to them. The largest departure from comic book Lex Luthor is that he is no longer antagonizing Superman out of jealousy, beneath it all is a despair that Superman cannot fulfill the promise he made to this world.
(1/2)
>>
>>68123365By his interaction with the ship and Zod, Lex is more a bridge between 2 worlds than Superman will ever be. After Zod is reborn, Lex reaches out to embrace him. Mad scientist Lex Luthor is more a spiritualist as the ghost of Krypton arises to meet him. The worlds torn asunder by Superman, rather explicitly or implicitly, are linked by a shared experience of moral objectivism. Zod's unerring beliefs could not coexist with the Superman the same as tumultuous nature of humanity cannot. "If man won't kill God, then the devil will do it", there's double meaning: first off, Batman failed to end the Superman, but more importantly, Superman refused to give up his goodness - his godliness - viewing the underbelly of mankind. Batman's character arc in this movie is remembering that moral absolutes do still exist, then Lex's arc is attempting to prove to the world that they do as well. He never thought Superman would kill Batman. A layman would view Lex's catalog of metahuman files as brought on by paranoia. "The oldest lie in America is that power can be innocent" -- think of this of the objectivist scale, not the relativist one. These extraordinary people Lex catalogued cannot simply exist and be complacent, they factually must be like Superman as either savior or destroyer. Remember that despite aiding mankind, Prometheus was no man. Yet Lex's greatest fear is not that Olympus will succeed in stopping Prometheus - Superman has already brought down Olympus -, it's that humanity will. That necessitates the creation of Doomsday, the devil, a being rising against its destroyer. If Superman exists and is godly, then the devil must exist. If life is given to mankind by Prometheus, then anti-life must be given as well.

This, of course, perfectly ties together with the coming of Darkseid. In that deleted scene, he prays before Darkseid's church. Zack Snyder's Lex Luthor does not hate Superman. His villainy comes from believing in him the most out of anyone on the planet.
>>
>>68123289
He got exposed to the Anti-Life equation, which made him intelligent, nihilistic, and gave him a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>68123289
Because his dad beat him up. That made Lex hate God.

Fun Fact: God is sometimes called Heavenly Father (It's even mentioned at the beginning of the movie).
>>
>>68123289
Wait a sec up until now I thought apokolips was just a retarded meme-way of spelling some villain's name. Is it an actual villain ?
>>
>>68123940
It's a planet of evil gods in DC universe. Nothing about it was explained in the movie.
>>
File: 1459583821877.png (1 MB, 1313x870) Image search: [Google]
1459583821877.png
1 MB, 1313x870
Nigga its just a shitty movie damn grow up.

Bvs is passion of the christ and snyder is mel gibson.

Damb u fucks eat this shit up when its not even half as good a tdkr
>>
File: JUST fuck my shit up LEAGUE.jpg (40 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
JUST fuck my shit up LEAGUE.jpg
40 KB, 604x311
>>68124123
>>
>>68123289
cause he is The Joker and he wants chaos...oops sorry i meant Lex Luthor...sillly me.
>>
File: 1409079337716.gif (2 MB, 250x165) Image search: [Google]
1409079337716.gif
2 MB, 250x165
>>68123365
>>68123404
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.