[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished Mad Men. What did you guys think of it? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: 1af7926.jpg (149 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
1af7926.jpg
149 KB, 980x551
I just finished Mad Men. What did you guys think of it? I don't think that I liked it very much.
>>
>>68092046
I know right, doesn't have enough explosionz¿
>>
File: 00473-08219.jpg (145 KB, 598x332) Image search: [Google]
00473-08219.jpg
145 KB, 598x332
>>68092159
I feel like a lot of it was forced.

Ginsberg going insane just to get rid of his character. Everyone suddenly hating Don when he came back in the last season even though Joan was the only person that really should have hated him for taking off Jaguar after she fucked that fat fuck Herb. It felt so forced. That Cutler faggot being so butt blasted that Don got Ted Shaw drunk, who even cares? it was just dumb. Betty becoming increasingly assholish for no reason at all just because the show needed something. The only real story in the whole show is "who is don draper" and that is already figured out by even the end of the first fucking season. I thought that was going to take like 5 seasons until some big moment, but no they just spill the beans within the first fucking episodes even though that was the only genuine plot to the entire damn show. it's otherwise some generic drama set in the 1960s.
>>
File: wat.png (103 KB, 602x606) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
103 KB, 602x606
i'm bumpnig this because i'm actually curious on what people think on here
>>
>>68092357
The question wasn't literally who is the person impersonating Don Draper, but a question for himself to answer, "who am I?"

I admit the quality really began to dip post season five
>>
>>68092357
>Ginsberg going insane just to get rid of his character.
This was done badly but there were hints of his mental illness before. When his character is first introduced he claimed to be an alien or something and then claimed to have been from a concentration camp. Peggy didn't want to hire him because he was nuts. I think it was supposed to show that fucked up people could simultaneously thrive and be destroyed by such an environment.
>Everyone suddenly hating Don when he came back in the last season even though Joan was the only person that really should have hated him for taking off Jaguar after she fucked that fat fuck Herb. It felt so forced.
He lost them a ton of money.
> Betty becoming increasingly assholish for no reason at all just because the show needed something.
She was bitter, clear as day. She never really loved Henry, she loved Don, and he treated her like shit. It was a character assassination for a bit though, I agree.
> The only real story in the whole show is "who is don draper" and that is already figured out by even the end of the first fucking season. I thought that was going to take like 5 seasons until some big moment, but no they just spill the beans within the first fucking episodes even though that was the only genuine plot to the entire damn show. it's otherwise some generic drama set in the 1960s.
He's not the only character, everyone matured and changed. Except for him.
>>
File: 1368931480398.png (2 MB, 1470x1354) Image search: [Google]
1368931480398.png
2 MB, 1470x1354
>>68092818
It's the greatest show of all time. Just slightly ahead of The Sopranos.

Mad Men, The Sopranos and Six Feet Under are the three shows that best capture the human condition.
>>
File: 34b346.jpg (5 KB, 187x200) Image search: [Google]
34b346.jpg
5 KB, 187x200
>show opens
>roger in office with don
>"we got a new account"
>"what account"
>"XXX-Big-Name-Account account (smug face)"
>"XXX-BIG-NAME-ACCOUNT ACCOUNT!?!?!"
>"yes but x happened and y is preventing you from z"
>"what?"
>don leaves rogers office and confronts y
>"Why can't we z?"
>"b-because x happened!"
>"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT WE JUST GOT XXX-BIG-NAME-ACCOUNT ACCOUNT!!!"
>"XXX-BIG-NAME-ACCOUNT ACCOUNT!?!?!"
>"yes but a happened and b is preventing you from c"
>"what?"
>don leaves y's office and confronts b
>loop this scenario for 40 more minutes

literally the entire fucking show. splice in some scenes of don fucking random girls, people drinking a lot in the middle of the day, and betty/megan being idiots and that's the show. the whole thing.
>>
>>68093035
>Mad Men, The Sopranos and Six Feet Under

Those other shows are just as boring as Mad Men. The Sopranos sometimes has cool things happen, but it's ruined by it trying to be deep with its psychology bullshit. And Six Feet Under is just a cheesy soap opera.
>>
>>68093234
Sorry bro, I'll go back to talking about the real good shows now.

Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are the best at capturing the human condition.
>>
>>68093263

They actually do have intelligent views on politics and life without being boring or cheesy.
>>
>>68093302
Yeah alright mate. :^)
>>
File: 1402225721004.gif (52 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1402225721004.gif
52 KB, 625x626
>>68093302
>>
>Everyone hating Don when he came back in the last season
There was plenty of reason to hate Don. He didn't just foster Ted's alcoholism; he completely ignored his duties at work for that entire season. People always think that Don was suddenly fired for his Hershey's pitch and maybe dumping Jaguar, but he also was in jail during an important meeting with Royal Hawaiian, pulled that awful stunt in front of St. Jospeh's Aspirin in the episode before ("This was Frank Gleason's last idea"; also the reason why Peggy hated him so much), tried to help someone dodge the draft at an extremely important client dinner., and generally mismanaged the creative staff while shirking his own responsibilities (unilaterally telling the partners "I'm not working on Chevy until '70"). I don't even think Cutler cared about Ted, I just think he hated Don for risking business relationships to settle personal scores. And Cooper hated him in S5 for being a happy newlywed instead of focusing on business, so obviously he was unhappy with him being even more distracted.

It is a bit subtle honestly, a lot of the shit he did to piss everyone off in S6 seemed like regular Don things to do, but maybe that was the whole point. In addition, the "Who is Don Draper?" angle was a meme all along; Weiner originally proposed the show as just being a character drama but AMC forced him to add an exciting hook so it wouldn't be boring and he came up with all of that fairly last minute.

Also, good on you for sticking it out and watching the entire thing even though you didn't like it. I don't think I would have done it with a show I didn't like.
>>
I very nearly hated the ending, but then the Coke commercial came on.
>>
File: sad.png (220 KB, 353x282) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
220 KB, 353x282
>that part in S7 where Glen basically tries to fuck Betty in the kitchen

so fucking forced god dammit
>>
>>68093302
>Game of Thrones
>intelligent

pick one. I honestly can't see why this show went on for more than one season.
>>
File: cbzD6EO.jpg (29 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
cbzD6EO.jpg
29 KB, 500x667
I hate this show, especially the last season

>oh yeah sally is going away

>oh yeah your apartment just got sold time to move

>oh yeah the company is losing its independence oops nothing we can do about it oh well i guess

>oh no don is suddenly depressed and we have to squeeze that last bit of actual plot out of his character

>oh no turns out Betty has asshole cancer and she's dying basically right now

>oh cool Pete gets a better job and his family gets back together at the last second, woopy

>roger marries megans french mom whatever her name is, nobody actually cares and there was literally ZERO reason for Joan to not be with Roger, like they both wanted in the first fucking place, even having a kid together

>Peggy and Stan(that weird nudist faggot that realized he looks better with a beard) suddenly have this super close relationship and profess their love in like one episode even though there has literally never been any romance between them in the entire series

all of this, ALL of this shit happens in literally two episodes right at the end of the series.

like what the fuck was even the point of ANYTHING that happened in the entire series...

i have the opinion that Mad Men was a very shitty show, because it was. they could have made it very cool, but they didn't.
>>
>>68093234
>>68093302
You have shit taste and are not very intelligent. I kinda feel sorry for you.
>>
>>68095537
sopranos is the only decent one on that list
>>
Miss you /sc&p/.
>>
>>68095048
Her name is Marie you turbopleb
>>
>>68096078
nobody fucking cares anon. nobody. she's in the show like 6 fucking times.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.