[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did it work out in the end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 280.jpg (294 KB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
280.jpg
294 KB, 790x1200
Did it work out in the end?
>>
File: supes.jpg (98 KB, 575x374) Image search: [Google]
supes.jpg
98 KB, 575x374
>>72121749
In the movie, no. It's implied Roraschach journal will be found.

In the comic, no. Dr Manhattan strongly implies that it won't.

"I did the right thing, in the end?"

"Nothing truly ends Adrian"
>>
>>72121749
Yeah.
>BUT THE JOURNAL

Yeah everyone will believe him, lol.
>>
In the end?
Nothing ever ends.
>>
File: NothingEnds.jpg (68 KB, 595x309) Image search: [Google]
NothingEnds.jpg
68 KB, 595x309
>>72121774
Here is the panel
>>
>>72121749
Which end?
>>
>>72121749
Find out in Watchmen 2 - coming 2019
>>
>>72121879
>tfw you aren't joking.
Johns isn't capable, and I'm a fan of his.
>>
>>72121879
Not after it did so well as comics. You think WB likes money?
>>
>>72121749
Fuck I loved this comic.
>>
>>72121749

Tales of The Black Freighter seems to be an allegory to Ozymandias story (his final dialogue with Manhattan in the comic book confirms it) and it pretty clearly implies that it will not work in the end. In fact it's possible that Ozymandias, just like the man in the story, will bring doom for those he tried to protect.
>>
>>72121782
Not everyone needs to believe the journal and the article from the right wing rag initially, but once the seeds of discontent are sowed, and Manhattan doesn't continue killing people in the movie, people may actually start to believe it and turn against each other again

Who knows how much time Ozymandias bought, but Iike Manhattan says in the comic, it won't last forever
>>
>>72122498
>Who knows how much time Ozymandias bought

To be fair, I think he's smart enough to use the time he bought to find a better solution. He's supposed to be smart as fuck.
>>
>>72122401
I feel like the Black Freighter story is just to set your mind set and doesn't dictate what Ozy did/will do. It just seems to hamfisted for how well written the rest of the book is.
>>
File: rebirth-oz.jpg (263 KB, 636x904) Image search: [Google]
rebirth-oz.jpg
263 KB, 636x904
Is Mr. Oz Ozymandias trying to save the DC universe from Dr. Manhattan?
>>
File: DoNotWant.png (53 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
DoNotWant.png
53 KB, 320x180
>>72121879
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.