[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start watching Star Trek, /tv/. But I've honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: CheckEm.jpg (54 KB, 511x508) Image search: [Google]
CheckEm.jpg
54 KB, 511x508
I want to start watching Star Trek, /tv/. But I've honestly no idea which iteration I should begin with. What ones I should not bother with and all that. Guide me.
>>
Watch the new Star Trek movies. Ignore everything before those
>>
>>72118112
Look at that Mong face, this is why I can't take Pine seriously as Kirk.
>>
>>72118272
As easy as that would be, I hear the second movie caters more to the fans of the show with what happens. Which is why I kinda wanna watch the series.
>>
>>72118112
Watch Best of Both Worlds 1 and 2 from TNG, and then watch DS9. You can skip pretty much the rest but TNG is comfy af.
>>
>>72118480
>I hear the second movie caters more to the fans of the show with what happens.
It really doesn't, most fans fucking hated it.
>>
>>72118620
Oh okie dokes, thanks for clearing that up, Anon.
>>
>>72118112
watch the TNG episode "The Inner Light"
fucking trust me op
no memes no bullshit
>>
>>72118112
Watch Star Trek the motion Picture and the Wrath of Khan, then go on to movies 3-6 if you can stand them. I hear the Journey Home is a fan favorite.
>>
>>72119121
Wrath of Khan and the new movies were the only movies i've seen
will do
>>
>>72119121
Sure thing, Anon.
>>
>>72118112
the original series is the only one worth watching
>>
start with Star trek 2 wrath of khan

then
star trek 3 search for spock
then
star trek 4 the voyage home.

forget the rest of the original's and any next gen stuff its all pleb tier filler.
>>
File: WE.jpg (105 KB, 394x358) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
105 KB, 394x358
watch all the star trek involving the borg. everything else is fag tier.
>>
>>72120590
watching "q who" right now for the first time.
>>
season 3 of TNG
>>
File: startrek.jpg (273 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
startrek.jpg
273 KB, 1600x1200
>>72118112
If you don't have an aversion to aged special effects, start with TNG.
Maybe watch later TOS, but it's even more aged.
If TNG feels to old, ENT.
Ignore VOY and DS9.
Also ignore all odd-numbered movies, as well as Nemesis and Into Darkness.
>>
>>72118112
Easiest way: Watch the original trek movies, then TNG. Keep going if you like what you have seen. DS9, VOY, ENT and you should watch TOS at some point but that is harder to reccomend to random people.
>>
Just google up "Best TNG episodes" and then watch those. That's what I did.

Unless you want to waste your fucking life watching 6 seasons of a 30 year old TV show that isn't that great.
>>
>>72119234
Star trek 2, 3, and 4 are all part of one long story arc.
>>
>>72118112
get drunk, stay up late, watch TOS.
Stay comfy my friends.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 850x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 850x358
WATCH EVERYTHING!
>>
>>72118112
don't bother op. you won't like it
>>
>>72118272
First bost, pest bost
>>
True patricians know TOS is the most comfy.
>>
>>72118480

Second reboot movie is full of shitty fan service as ton of reversed scenes from the Wrath of KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch The Wrath of Khan. It's by all means the best Trek movie, follow it with ST3 and ST4. ST3 is worse movie than other two, but those are trilogy that always starts where previous movie ended. Stories happening in months or weeks of previous one. Those contain the best things from TOS, how Kirk, Spock and Bones interact with eachother.

Then I would recommend watching TOS, find a random best episodes list, follow it. Another alternative would be fan collective DVD boxes, those have best episodes from all shows by the theme. Then do same thing with best episodes of TNG and Voyager. DS9 has a mainstory that really begins to roll from third season or so and due to that knowing what has already happened is more relevant. Enterprise is mixed bag of modern TV-show with proper mainstory and individual episodes like old shows for first season, third season is pretty mainstory heavy and fourth is made of short fairly self contained story arcs of couple to few episodes in length.

All shows have brilliant episodes, good episodes and horribly bad episodes. Everything made after TNG was on larger scale ruined by producers that didn't evolve with medium.
>>
>>72118112
Watch the Next Generation. It doesn't realy get good until season 2, but when it's good, it's really good. Also, comfiest show in history
>>
>>72121997
which is the follow up episode to "q who" or any borg related episode that come after???
>>
>>72124403

If you follow Q stuff..

Encounter at Farpoint
Hide and Q
Q Who
Deja Q
Qpid
True Q
Tapestry
All Good Things...

If you go with Borg.....

Q Who
The Best of Both Worlds
The Best of Both Worlds, Part II
I Borg
Descent
Descent, Part II
>>
>>72124543

Naturally after Borg stuff in TNG there is First Contact and Enterprise episode called Regeneration.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.