[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else agree that this show was at one point actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: supernatural-big.jpg (282 KB, 1800x1012) Image search: [Google]
supernatural-big.jpg
282 KB, 1800x1012
Does anyone else agree that this show was at one point actually pretty good?
I'm talking season 1-5, of course.
>>
>>72109850
Obviously.

It still has it's good episodes and moments, though. And the newest season is okay. Wait until season 12. Maybe it'll start getting really good again.
>>
>>72109850
holy shit, this show is still on?
>>
Five was excellent, should have ended there.
Six was alright, but the ending was pretty good.
Seven ruined six and just got worse and worse.
Eight was okay until the end.
Nine was okay, but I stopped watching due to life and I haven't caught up since.
>>
>>72109850
Yes
I like up to the leviathan season. What's that 8? That shit was full retard and I quit at that point
>>
>>72110237
That was seven. The official "jump the shark" season.
>>
File: 1468201994612.jpg (9 KB, 269x273) Image search: [Google]
1468201994612.jpg
9 KB, 269x273
>Angels are introduced
>They're a bunch of badasses and demons run hiding from them
>Now they're just like regular people and drop like flies
>>
The show seems intent on shitting on its better seasons as of late.
>>
>>72110338
Ah. well that was it for me
>>
This past season could have been great. But with Andrew "Obese numale fanservice faglord" Dabb at the helm next season it's 100% going to be shit.
>>
>>72109850
I stopped watching after the Leviathan season. Does it get worth watching again?
>>
>>72111081
Not if you enjoy the mystery of this world's God.
>>
>>72110338
>nothing can stop them
>soap

Yup I was out by then
>>
>>72109850
I prefer the gentleman on the left in /GilmoreGirls/
>>
>>72110348
remember when they nearly decimated an entire town? Good times
>>
>>72109850

I think it's pretty unarguable this show went massively downhill

First few seasons had a great premise of two supernatural monster hunters travelling around interstate hunting creatures. But I suppose the magic of that would have had to worn off at some point.
>>
If Supernatural had just stuck to the smaller stuff and ended on a high note, that would have been for the best. The problem was that their reach exceeded their CW television budget. Having a war between angels and demons and all kinds of crazy shit just falls flat when you can't even really show anything spectacular happening on screen. Castiel's true form was apparently the size of the Chrysler Building, but you can't bust out something that nuts on pocket change.

The Monster of the Week episodes were always the best. Well, most of them. When they had to fight "dragons" that were just people with flaming hands, I finally woke up to how absolutely fucked things were.
>>
File: 1468346811831.png (157 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1468346811831.png
157 KB, 200x200
If this show would of ended at season 3 when they killed Yellow Eyes it would of been a 10/10 classic

If the show ended at the end of season 5 it'd of been a 7/10 show not too bad

now it's dragged out for so long every interesting point has been hammered down to bullshit and everything just blows dick. I've also heard they started introducing retard characters and alot of fanwanking/tumblr cunt pandering

So yea, it was god tier, and now it's absolutely shit. Some of the characters had their moments but ultimately as a whole, not good
>>
File: I-DM.jpg (89 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
I-DM.jpg
89 KB, 500x247
>>72112854
"The Man Who Would Be King" is my dark horse pick for the best episode of the series.

And it had the most impressive budget saving measure I've seen on the show - as Castiel relates his memories of human prehistory, a century old public domain black and white movie plays, and in the moment it perfectly captures how bizarre and petty all the "great events" of our history are to him.
>>
File: spn_0066.jpg (249 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
spn_0066.jpg
249 KB, 1280x720
>>72113177
>I remember being at a shoreline, watching a little grey fish heave itself up on the beach. And an older brother saying, "Don't step on that fish, Castiel, big plans for that fish." I remember the Tower of Babel - all 37 feet of it, which I suppose was impressive at the time. And when it fell they howled, "Divine Wrath!" But come on, dried dung can only be stacked so high.

>And of course, I remember the most remarkable event. Remarkable because it never came to pass. It was averted by two boys, an old drunk, and a fallen angel. The grand story, and we ripped up the ending, and the rules, and destiny, leaving nothing but freedom and choice. Which is all well and good, except... but what if I've made the wrong choice?

>After supposedly saving Sam, I finally returned to Heaven. Of course, there isn't one Heaven. Each soul generates its own Paradise. I favor the eternal Tuesday afternoon of an autistic man who drowned in his bathtub in 1953.
>>
File: Teddy.jpg (9 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Teddy.jpg
9 KB, 640x352
>>
>>72109850

Supernatural was a rock solid great show from season 1 to 5, though I feel 4 and 5 were very slightly less good than 1-3. The big angels/devil arc wasn't as good as the monster hunter style of the first 3.

After that, the show plummeted in quality at lightning speed. The Leviathan season 7 was the jump the shark point of the show. They could be fun at times but it was too much, it lost sight of the overall series and from there things just never felt right again. Too many weak stories or just way too off-tone episodes. Also Felicia Day.

Supernatural was only planned as 5 seasons by the creator and was meant to end with Sam taking Lucifer to hell and it REALLY shows. The ass pull sudden ending change where Sam is instantly back out of hell and then the new show runner and stark plummet in quality really highlight the change in plan and direction for the show.

Supernatural at least still has a good episode from time to time, in fact since season 5 there have been several great ones, but it's another one of those shows that keep going and you kind of want to just pretend only part of the series existed. The kind where collectors pass over the full series boxset bluray and just grab the first 5 season standalones. For all the good/great episodes that came after, it wasn't worth losing the nice, tight, well written 5 season arc the show was intended to be.
>>
>>
>ay let's kill death
>oh shi death's death released gods sister
>gods sister is a milf for some reason
>turns out chuck is god
>gods sister beats god
>and then they make up
>sam and dean are kidnapped by the men of letters

I feel like they are just taking the piss
>>
File: 2014.jpg (101 KB, 615x601) Image search: [Google]
2014.jpg
101 KB, 615x601
>>72113457
If I hadn't already seen it I would have assumed this was a bad joke.
>>
>>72113432
wait so like 7 seasons later adam is still in the box?

haha im glad im dropped this during s6.
>>
>>72113457
>turns out chuck is god
Oh come on, this was confirmed like half a decade ago.
>>
>>72109850
It's still good if you're a woman.
>>
>>72113528
Didn't need to be developed.
It was alright as a cheeky little tease during the not-finale, but making it into a plot point takes away the last major mystery this show even had.
>>
>>72113528
>random Lucifer goons shoot God in the bad version of 2014 and he just dies like a bitch
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.