[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is Eastwood's best movie, try and prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Gran_Torino_poster.jpg (78 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
Gran_Torino_poster.jpg
78 KB, 300x443
This is Eastwood's best movie, try and prove me wrong.

>Protip: You can't!
>>
muh hardcore asians

not a bad film though
mystic river is his best so far
>>
>>72102164
It's not bad, but it's hardly his best work. They used a lot of non pro actors, and it shows. Espeicially with the kid protagonist.

As an actor he has been in tons of better movies, giving way better performances.

As a director he has made much better movies.

If you want one that brings both of these together, then I will say Unforgiven. You know, the one that won the Academy Award for Best Picture and Best Director.
>>
>>72102357
what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>72102164
The Eiger Sanction
>>
>>72102389
I don't know what is not top be understood about what I wrote.

I can make it even clearer.

My fave Eastwood movie:
Where eagles dare

What I consider his best acting effort:
The good, the bad and the ugly

What I consider his best directed movie:
Mystic River or Bird

What I consider his best directed movie, where he also gives a great acting performance:
Unforgiven

What I consider his shittiest movie as a director:
Invictus

What I consider his shittiest movie as an actor:
Le Streghe, yes I saw it. Terrible.

Gran Torino is a good movie, but not the best.
>>
>>72102164
>rape the female lead for drama
>have to be saved by the sacrifice of the last white man

*sigh*
>>
I actually agree, certainly the best of his newer films. Million Dollar Baby is overrated as fuck.
>>
File: 1412744625099.jpg (12 KB, 277x200) Image search: [Google]
1412744625099.jpg
12 KB, 277x200
>>72102164
The saddest thing about this movie is that it really does a good job conveying the intricacies of racism based on your own life beliefs and experiences and how you can change your opinion given the right motivation but nobody give a fuck
>>
>>72102764
can't believe I've never seen some of these yet.
>>
>>72102164
This was really bad. I don't understand why people think a film with bad acting all around and shitty writing is good.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 475x691) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 475x691
>>72102164
Or a few Dollars more
Or the good the Bad and the ugly
Or unforgiven
Or high plains drifter
>>
>>72102164
To be honest, even the Dead Pool was better than Gran Torino.
>>
Gran Torino is the very definition of "feels"-bait plebcore. If you think there is anything of real value in this movie then you have yet to graduate IMDB.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.