[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vice Principals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Poster.png (321 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Poster.png
321 KB, 300x445
Hype? Tonight, only on HBO, subscribe now.
>>
hype as fuck, Danny McBride is the funniest actor in the game right now.

if it's anywhere near as good as Eastbound and Down I'll be so happy
>>
very hyped, only made more so by the positive but tempered reviews this weekend calling it distasteful and racially problematic and stuff
>>
>>72098255
or i can just go to bed in EU and torrent it in the morning
>>
>>72098372
catching a plane to europe just to watch Vice Principals in the morning with a torrent seems more expensive than HBO
>>
who's streaming it?
>>
>>72098367
>racially problematic
FUCK YEAH DANNY MCBRIDE
>>
File: FyTCguno.jpg (84 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
FyTCguno.jpg
84 KB, 1252x1252
>>72098418
>catching a plane to europe
really bro?
>>
>>72098255
I'll download it from BTN tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up.
>>
Yeah, Eastbound and Down was great.
>>
>horrible title
>horrible poster
>horrible meme actor

Not at all.
>>
>>72098558
well since you can sleep in America and torrent in the morning all the same I figured you meant you were going to catch a plane to EU
>>
Hyped
>>
>>72098610
horrible taste
>>
>Vice Principals... struggles to cohere into something beyond a middle-aged white man's temper tantrum in the face of societal change

>I admire the gambit, but I couldn't go for it. Witnessing a temper tantrum that's nearly a hate crime is about as funny on TV as it is in the news.

Oh I see, it's racist. Of course you guys would like it.
>>
>>72098625
maybe i am in EU
>>
>>72098859
>a temper tantrum that's nearly a hate crime

this needs to be on the poster
>>
>>72098859
oh dear

i'm fucking sold
>>
>>72098859
>implying it's about race
>implying characters in a comedy should behave in a moral manner
This Lara bitch has issues.
>>
>>72098859
Watch eastbound and down to fully understand you mere mortal
>>
>>72098309
>in the game right now
kill yourself
>>
>>72098859
Sounds like a great review to me.
>>
File: yum yum!.jpg (22 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
yum yum!.jpg
22 KB, 360x360
>>72098367
>distasteful
>racially problematic
>and stuff
well that's right up my alley
>>
>>72099062
This desu
>>
>>72098915
Get out, 4chan is an American board
>>
Eastbound was actually fantastic, so yes
>>
>>72098859
>struggles to cohere into something beyond a middle-aged white man's temper tantrum in the face of societal change
it's almost as if white men have emotions too!
>>
>>72098367
>racially problematic
I didn't know Tumblr was the leading review site.
>>
>>72098474

me because I have Uverse with all the premium channels

>lol lol lol
>>
>>72098859
Lmao, "racist" is just a buzzword nowadays anyway. If a TV character says "Hey Charlie, your skin is black! That's cool" It's considered racist.

That being said, I'm hyped for this show. Fuck the narrative being pushed today, I wanna see some immoral, raunchy, offensive shit from McBride.
>>
>>72098255
>subscribe now

But its a free HBO weekend!!! skinemax too
>>
I'll be watching "The Night Of"
>>
Eastbound and down, and Observe and Report are both fucking brilliant and jody hill gives no fucks about being PC. This has to be good.
>>
>>72100661
this

it's nice to see that HBO is still willing to put out a comedy series that can include racial humor etc. without watering it down for the common pussy

SJW is a meme and we're due for some serious backlash. I expect a return to the levels of "racism" and "misogyny" we saw in standup comedy in the early 00s
>>
>>72098255
Is this what happens after his eastbound and down character gets a job?
>>
Walton Goggins makes anything worth watching, so I will give this a shot
>>
>>72100698
SUBSCRIBE NOW WHILE IT'S FREE TO SAVE CASH

COLD HARD CASH
>>
>>72100900
>not watching this on somebody else's HBO Now account
>not watching this on meme pirate streaming service dujour
>>
File: 1466630630988.jpg (69 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
1466630630988.jpg
69 KB, 562x530
I'll be viewing it tonight

Guarantee all the people calling it mean spirited and insensitive would be saying the same about Eastbound if it were releasing today.

The reviews all talk about how horrid the two leads are as people but I suspect like Kenny Powers before them that is the exact fucking point of their characters.

I just don't know what is it about comedy that makes so many people wary of irredeemable arseholes when we've long since accepted mobsters, murderers and monsters of all kinds as series protagonists in other genres.
>>
>>72098859
now this I can get into
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.