[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attacking your fanbase is a great marketing strategy!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: uhKcnEK.jpg (901 KB, 2058x4416) Image search: [Google]
uhKcnEK.jpg
901 KB, 2058x4416
Attacking your fanbase is a great marketing strategy!
>>
I always hate these dumb cherry-picked images. Feels like they were made by a /pol/tard

I hope you're right and the movie bombs, but if it doesn't, then this will be yet another retarded image to add to the folder.
>>
video games have been doing it for the past 5 years
>>
>>72085158
Yeah we never know if these empty theaters are in smaller towns and stuff like that.
>>
>>72085117
>Make a new American Pie movie
>Call college kids and stoners morons and the worst dregs of society
>Pay "journalists" to write hit piece after hit piece
>Have your director call them retards every time the director speaks

That's an ace marketing strategy.
>>
>>72085158
Cherry picked implies that there were positive images being intentionally overlooked. Show me one picture of a full screening of the movie.
>>
>>72085261
I can't be arsed to go look around like an autistic retard, but you're crazy if you don't think there are photos out there of people at the front of a theater seeing this shit. If nothing else, I'm sure there are a million photos from the official premiere with the actresses and shit.
>>
http://deadline.com/2016/07/ghostbusters-weekend-box-office-1201787149/

Tl;dr
>about 5 mil below expectations
>hopes hinge on overseas releases
>but China banned it
>Remaining overseas markets didn't have the infrastructure in 1984 to show the original so it didn't have the nostalgia factor/cultural impact

Bigger opening than any other Feig/McCarthy film though, but it's not enough. Star Trek is out next week, followed by Suicide Squad.

DEAD
E
A
D
>>
>>72085303
>people at the front of a theater seeing this shit.
Two of those images show the theatres as not totally empty, but they're insanely empty for opening night.

> I'm sure there are a million photos from the official premiere with the actresses and shit.
Right, the time people are paid to see it, rather than paying to see it, is when it gets full, who'd have expected.
>>
>>72085303
>i cant find real evidence so i am gonna insult you instead
Nice try (((you)))
>>
>>72085117
So how long will we need to wait for opening weekend info for ballbusters? Tommorow or later?
>>
File: They do it for free.png (614 KB, 613x681) Image search: [Google]
They do it for free.png
614 KB, 613x681
>>72085158
>>72085303

Just for you :^)
>>
>>72085117
Stop reposting from reddit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.