[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly do people see in these flicks? I mean it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
What exactly do people see in these flicks?

I mean it's a mildly interesting concept but they do nothing with it and we're 3 movies in
>>
>>72085055
You know they made like seven Saw movies, right?

People like violence.
>>
>>72085055
I couldn't tell you

It's an interesting concept that falls apart entirely when you think about it for more then 5 seconds
>>
>>72085074
Saw 1 is wholly different from the other 6, though.
>>
>>72085091

>purge night is where all crime is legal
>law says the purge ends at midnight
>breaking that rule is a crime
>purge 24/7
>>
>>72085055
>watch movie thinking it'll be kinda interesting what they have characters do when everything is legal for a night
>everyone in the world apparently just wants to fufill their Jason Voorhees fantasy and gut people

WEW
>>
They should make a Manhunt movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuhX5AmjuA
>>
WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST SHUT YOUR BRAINS FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS XD
>>
there are a shitton of uneducated people in the US

the same people who watched "Limitless" and believed that humans only use 10% of their brain or whatever
>>
>>72085055
>using the "flick" maymay

get aids and die
>>
>>72085055
Can watch the first one after 30 minutes... it's so stupid.
>>
>>72085233
well, the whole thing is that cops and medicial facilities, are closed during that time. so after midnight, all the cops can decide to come out

people could still riot and shit, but they probably don't want to

now this does bring up the question of why don't cops and shit, stay opened and continue working? Doesn't the fact of the purge protect them? only thing i could think of is that either people will remember and hunt that particular cop or doctor for saving their victim's life. or they will start to openly kill random cops and shit
>>
>>72085455
It's so cringey I find it hard to watch

The idea behind the movie is batshit retarded but everyone plays it insanely straight. To add insult to injury it's also being played as if it had some social commentary / deep thing to say.
>>
>>72085404
damn, are you niggas still mad about that? the movie wasn't a success and nothing came out of it
>>
What if you poison someone during the purge, and he dies later?
>>
>>72085055
The second movie was great, 1 and 3 are turd
>>
>>72085055
it's a thinly-veiled excuse for violence and cool costumes
and hey, if they can make a pseudo-political statement while they're at it, why not?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (445 KB, 2036x696) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
445 KB, 2036x696
>>72085548
>the movie wasn't a success and nothing came out of it

Limitless did well and got a TV series, no idea if it got canceled though

And sure you don't mean Lucy? Didn't flop either.
>>
>>72085608
i reckon it would still be illegal under compliance in a murder
i think if you told them they were poisoned after the purge was over you'd be alright, maybe
>>
>>72085055

what are you expecting them to "do" with it? be specific.
>>
File: 1465106412738.jpg (38 KB, 588x526) Image search: [Google]
1465106412738.jpg
38 KB, 588x526
>>72085055
>ywn operate in the purge.
>>
>>72085055
Yeah I watched the 3rd last night because I have no life. It was stupid as fuck
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.