[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his point if he hasn't done anything between cool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Sirius_Black.jpg (57 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
Sirius_Black.jpg
57 KB, 320x480
What was his point if he hasn't done anything between cool introduction and death?
>>
>>72083476
Basically his purpose was to represent Harry's hope for a family, which is spelled out over, and over, and over, and over again in the books from what I remember.

Basically Harry functioned off of the concept that
>If I show the world that Voldemort is real, I can prove his innocence, and we can all live happily ever after
The point of Sirius Black was literally just so he can die and pull the rug out from under Harry.
>>
>>72083476

le mysterious man

le secretely good dude who everyone thought was a villain but isnt

le convenient death to cause feels in readers dude
>>
It sucks that Harry valued him more than Weasley's who were always nice to him even before they knew who he was
>>
File: Lily_DHP1.png (223 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
Lily_DHP1.png
223 KB, 629x800
That's how Lily Potter who died being 21 looks
>>
>>72083771
Lookin normal for britbong.
>>72083565
Yeah, Molly was the best mother-character in whole series. I wish she was my mum.
>>
>>72083545
Wasn't a feel death though.

I thought that's what really undid the tropes.

He just died. Like vanished. In anything else movie or tv it would have meant he was going to come back, with that innocuous of a death.

It was so effective to make you feel like he was coming back. Then having it slowly dawn on you over time that he's not.

He's dead.

It wasn't convenient. It wasn't dramatic. It was tragic.
>>
>>72083870
I remember having to reread the line with him dying over again because there was zero impact and I wasnt sure I was reading it right lel.
>>
>>72083565
Family is something he always wanted as an orphan. He took the weasley's for granted, but also they were not his family.
>>
>>72083908
Yeah, but everyone else treats it like this is normal. I can't think of the most unique death in art. He just fucking vanished. It fucked with me. Like they can't do that, but there was nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>72083952
his death actually hits me pretty hard in the film along with the climax and harry overcoming the possession. how Yates shot the scene with bellatrix randomly coming in and the moment the curse hits him is spot on. not to mention harry trying to crucio bellatrix

3>7>6>5>2>8>1>4
>>
>>72084950
what fucked with me is that the lat thing he says is
>good job james!
i hadnt finished processing the implications of him saying that to harry and then he dies
good stuff
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.