[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Secret Life of Pets was more "pro-wymyn positive"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: TheSecretLifeofPets.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TheSecretLifeofPets.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
The Secret Life of Pets was more "pro-wymyn positive" than even the fucking idea of a all women cast Ghostbusters

Bridget (the white Pomeranian) goes from being a ditzy, drama-romance fantasizing ditz to the one that defeats the whole underground sewer gang by herself and helps Max, the male protagonist save his friend.

She tames a predator talon and befriends him and rallies the others to help her on her search. Another female character, Chole the cat, is the one that convinces the other characters to join in support.

When the search gets increasingly difficult, she doesn't give up. She stands up for Max, to the underground sewer guys when they badmouth him when she could have just walked away quietly. And in the end, instead of wanting gratitude or recognition for her efforts, she first tells Max to go help the others.

Bloody hell and they never tried to rub it in your face or make a big deal out of it like the Ghostbusters marketing shills did. And the movie was bloody funny too. When they ask Pops how he's been and he says "paralyzed" I lost it.
>>
>>72075817
I agree with all your points
except the dog's name was gidget, like the girl in the 60s tv show, not Bridget
>>
>>72075944
>Voting
Ah shit my bad anon, I knew imdb was fooling me. I swear to god Gidget was what I heard in the theatre too.
>>
The point was that she was ditzy and hopeless, but became an all around hero for the one she loves. It has nothing to do with Muh feminism. It was basically a running gag. Stay triggered though
>>
>>72076013
Not triggered, just saying that it was all good without trying, like you said.
>>
>>72076013
He was very poorly trying to say "Secret life of Pets has a better female role model than Ghostbusters" Not that it was more feminist and therefor bad.
>>
>>72075817
The gf wants to see this. Is it good?
>>
>>72075817
>female CGI Pomeranian achieves something in service to the story
>you get mad

wew lad maybe go outside
>>
>>72075817
>/tv/ getting triggered this easily
Holy shit
Is /tv/ just bizarro tumblr now?
>>
File: pta-delspeech.jpg (49 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
pta-delspeech.jpg
49 KB, 720x405
>>72075817
How exactly depressed are you, m8?
>>
>>72076275
>>72076248
Fucking morons. I swear, sometimes I wonder why I still come here. Not him, either, but he was saying it did the feminist slant right and it was a good movie. No triggering happening.
>>
>>72076178
Thanks man, my first reply also had a random greentext copied too. I'm just tired and got back from the cinema so I'm not all too coherent.

>>72076204
It's cute and funny. Might be a little slow in some parts but at least the story keeps moving forward.

>>72076248
>>72076275
I never said I was triggered. If anything I thought she was a great part of the movie and I love her voice actor.
>>
>>72076204
I liked it a lot
despite the racist stereotype played by Kevin Hart
>>
>>72076371
As long as it has OPs seal of approval I'm good.
>>
>>72076275

n-no, tumblr is bizarro /tv/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.