[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Director Taika Waititi on ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ and ‘Hunt F
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Thompson-Valkyrie.jpg (301 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
Thompson-Valkyrie.jpg
301 KB, 1000x400
Director Taika Waititi on ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ and ‘Hunt For the Wilderpeople’

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/07/15/director-taika-waititi-on-thor-ragnarok-and-hunt-for-the-wilderpeople/

>Right from the start we wanted to diversify the cast, and it’s hard when you’re working with Vikings. [Laughs.]

>You want to be more inclusive and provide a broader representation. And at that point, you have to look at the source material as a very loose inspiration. And then take it from there and go with your gut. Say, “You know what? None of that stuff matters.

>Just because the character was blonde and white in the comic book. That doesn’t matter. That’s not what [that character] is about.

Thoughts, /tv/.
>>
C U C K S
U
C
K
S
>>
>>72072082
Inspiring
>>
Well, I liked WWDITS, but I don't know much about the guy. Seems to run with the indie entertainment industry so he probably drank the progressive koolaid. Thats a shame.
>>
>>72072082
Daniel day Lewis as Martin Luther King movie when?
>>
>>72072082

Why couldn't they just handwave it as "well Valkyries can look like fucking whatever" and she's just one of them instead of THE Valkyrie.

Whatever, still looks better than ratty Greenstein
>>
>>72072156
I imagine he's saying this from a position of HAVING to diversify, the casting has been done out of his hands. I think that he has the right attitude about it since he'd have to do i anyways; so it seems that he's exploring deeper into the character to bring them to life regardless of the casting, or do something creative with it. If he were to have a less rolling-with-it/making-the-best-of-it attitude, it'd come be shit.
>>
When niggers do it, it's inclusivity.

When whites do it, it's cultural appropriation.
>>
>>72072082
if it's a realistic viking movie then I feel we should complain

If it's fucking Marvel's Thor, then uh......
>>
>>72072184
He could act the part i'm sure but the problem is that MLK's race is vital to where he came from, his life experience and what he represented. I don't think valkyrie's race is as quintessential to her character although it is fantastical that a viking be played by a negress, which the director does acknowledge. This interview just states he's working with that and trying to use the casting (which is out of his hands) In a creative way
>>
>>72072082
I'm not a huge Thor comic fan, but I like most of the characters enough for it to bother me a bit. My stance is if you're adapting something the visual accuracy matters as much as anything else adaptation wise and if there's no good reason to change don't change it. Changes should be improvements and Valkyrie should be a 6ft sexy toned blond.
>>
>>72072672
This. There's a reason that the Hulk isn't three feet tall and purple.
>>
>>72072082
As a black guy, it's fucking Thor. It's Norse mythology. I'm not gonna be mad if the characters are a bunch of white people.

Seriously, who watches a movie about vikings and then bitches about there being too many white people?
>>
File: uwotfat.jpg (20 KB, 464x342) Image search: [Google]
uwotfat.jpg
20 KB, 464x342
>You want to be more inclusive and provide a broader representation. And at that point, you have to look at the source material as a very loose inspiration. And then take it from there and go with your gut. Say, “You know what? None of that stuff matters.

I'm not even white, but wtf, why is this kind of people in charge of making movies?
>>
>>72072082
>Looks at source material
>Laughs
>None of that matters!

I'm upset by this. At least he's in charge of the 3rd movie in marvels least popular franchise. I'm sure he'll be able to turn it around with that attitude.
>>
Has that cunt ever fulfilled his end of the Kickstarter he setup back in 2012 or not?

http://stoppress.co.nz/news/what-we-do-shadows-story
>>
>>72072312
This. Wwdits was great so I'll give him the benefit
>>
>>72072082
Why don't these assholes make something new if they don't give a shit about the source material?
>>
>>72074029
Jews
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.