[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This looked so promising. What went a wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: universe-series-header.jpg (87 KB, 980x240) Image search: [Google]
universe-series-header.jpg
87 KB, 980x240
This looked so promising. What went a wrong?
>>
It decided to be a low rent Battlstar Galactica for a season and a half, then only started getting good after it was already decided to be cancelled.
>>
>only one black guy
I think I can now pinpoint EXACTLY what went wrong.
>>
File: GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg (108 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg
108 KB, 700x393
GOOLD?
>>
>>72070671
>This looked so promising.
Stopped right there, no it didn't. It started out as a fucking generic Sci-Fi piece of shit. Shit characters, shit gritty muh drama setting, shit lore hurr muh lucian alliance no one gives a shit about, no fucking stargate adventure and exploration anymore, no stargate typical humor.

Fuck this rotten piece of noxious shit show forever.
>>
>>72070712

It really says something about your show when the two best episodes didn't even happen due to time fuckery.

If it had skipped all attempts to make it tie in to anything involving Stargate it probably would have been gotten a half decent chance. Most Stargate fans went "not muh!" right off the bat and honestly probably made the right choice.
>>
You know it's bad when it kills an entire franchise that had lasted 15 years without not being off air.
>>
This is the worst fucking show I have ever seen in my entire life. It is poorly written, produced and directed. The entire premise is retarded. The cast sucks. The show was written into a corner from minute one. The fat guy was the one remotely relateable character and he would have lost some fucking weight after months of starving on a derelict alien space ship that somehow functions after a million years of constant of operation without any maintenance at all, on some vague mission to find God and reboot his Wifi. How about some poorly written, poorly rendered CGI aliens whose entire presence in the storyline is ultimately completely irrelevant and nothing happens except that they die. What a total piece of shit. It is a Science Fiction franchise. Not a Mad Lib. The tone was completely fucked. The messages were political. Where was the light comedy, the irony? The action? Why the preachy messages about homosexuality? Why overuse the time travel angle? Why did they intentionally write a show filled with characters you hoped would die because they would whine all the time, but who would not only in fact never die, but also have other whining time travel duplicates of themselves made in insulting plot turns that are totally lame?
>>
If anything killed the franchise it was SGA. That show's decline started in S3 and if it hadn't ran the formula into the ground they wouldn't have had to retool it with SGU. SGU was different at the least.
>>
>>72070671
It didn't have enough PEW-PEW colored lasers and villian of the week episodes so the original fan base cried until it was canceled
>>
>>72070671

>what went wrong?

everything

It's the Star Trek Voyager of Stargate, it just exists, nobody likes to admit it but it's there.
>>
I think you all underestimate how retarded syfy was being at the time. Don't blame the showrunners, blame the network.
>>
>>72073241
No the writers are explicitly to blame as well. They deliberately wanted the change.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.