[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, this film isn't bad. It just isn't a stoner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: americanUltra.jpg (327 KB, 1500x1056) Image search: [Google]
americanUltra.jpg
327 KB, 1500x1056
You know, this film isn't bad.

It just isn't a stoner comedy.

It's a straight up love story with an action/chase subplot.

I enjoyed it and I know some of you did too. Especially, if you swallow shit like Scott Pilgrim.
>>
Scott Pilgrim is kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6FE8TH4xxM

meanwhile Hack Landis' shit movie is trying to make a comedy out of a real life CIA operation that killed US citizens since that's how tone deaf he is
>>
DUDE
>>
>>72066407
tone was too uneven, serious one moment and then comic the next. Jarring and unpleasant

The only things I really enjoyed were John Leguizamo and the animated short that played over the ending credits

Scott Pilgrim is more of a straight comedy and good one at that. I especially love the part with Brandon Routh
>>
>>72066511
>meanwhile Hack Landis' shit movie is trying to make a comedy out of a real life CIA operation that killed US citizens since that's how tone deaf he is

This is what originally turned me off the film too.

However, the government is portrayed pretty horrifically in this film. I don't think it's making light of how terrible MK Ultra was.
>>
>>72066407
Fuck off Max
>>
>>72066511
>trying to make a comedy out of a real life CIA operation that killed US citizens
I quite enjoyed The Men Who Stare At Goats.
>>
>>72066407
>max landis confirmed /tv/
>close up of Kstews feet
>Kstew says "I'm CIA"

If it was better this would have been meme movie of the year.
>>
kstew is the only reason to watch this movie
>>
>>72066407
>Max is still shilling here
fuck off
>>
File: American Ultra Spoony Bard.webm (3 MB, 1024x552) Image search: [Google]
American Ultra Spoony Bard.webm
3 MB, 1024x552
The sad part is the biggest turn off to me was how shitty the gun sounds were, worse than any bargain bin video game.

also, surprise Walton goggins appearance.
>>
>>72066407
>jess eisenberg

kek
>>
wait someone actually watched this?
>>
>>72066407
Fuck off Max, it's shit and you know it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.