[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever fall for the Citizen Kane meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: Citizen-Kane-Welles-Podium[1].jpg (445 KB, 984x1230) Image search: [Google]
Citizen-Kane-Welles-Podium[1].jpg
445 KB, 984x1230
Did you ever fall for the Citizen Kane meme?
>>
File: citizen kane clap.gif (540 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
citizen kane clap.gif
540 KB, 400x300
>>72065178

>he thinks Citizen Kane is just a meme
>>
File: every fucking time.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
every fucking time.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
deep focus general?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>72065178
It's a genuinely good movie that still holds up to this day. I'm sorry hearing this repeated so many times made you think it was like those Marvel movies you're so fond of. I know you expected some explosions and quips but just because the pills for your asbergers interrupted the pills for your ADD doesn't mean it was 'boring' or whatever you millennials call it these days.

It was 10/10 masterpiece that revolutionized cinema forever. It also destroyed the reputation of Americas richest and most powerful private citizen. Truly it was kino of then unseen proportions.
>>
File: 5c3[1].png (484 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
5c3[1].png
484 KB, 569x802
>>72065467
>>
>>72065467
Damn, you sound like one of those kanye west fanboys.
>>
is M better?
>>
5shitposts:1good post ratio.

good quality thread.
fucking nu/tv/.
>>
>>72065467
AAAAAAaah the pff-frensh shampain!
Orson was based as fuck.
>>
>>72065467
>that revolutionized cinema forever
I think that's the reason many fail to appreciate it: they've already seen it borrowed from in nearly every film thereafter, and so when they see it, they fail to grasp the influence it has had on all modern film.
>>
>>72065467
>revolutionized cinema forever

Who cares? That's not an argument. Tell me why it's good in itself.
>>
>>72065784
I saw it for the first time few days ago and thought it was great film. Very imaginative directing. Gonna watch Griffith next I guess. Birth of Nation
>>
>>72065789
Pacing.
Cinematography.
The script.
The performances.
The subject-matter (blowing Hearst the fuck out)
GOAT cast of character actors.
The lighting, the costumes, the fucking set.

I can't think of anything about this movie that isn't perfect.
>>
>>72065789
>the discovery of electricity isn't relevant to all modern technology
>>
File: Citizen Kane (Welles).webm (2 MB, 370x490) Image search: [Google]
Citizen Kane (Welles).webm
2 MB, 370x490
>>72065939
I am >>72065868

I was utterly btfo by how amazing Orson Welles was as an actor.

I read some articles and reviews that stated he never learned how to formally direct, but maybe that helped this film.
>>
>>72066012
You should read up on Welles' life. It's pretty damn interesting from start to finish. Particularly while he was young, his life was pure magic at almost every turn.

I still don't know how he managed to get the studio bosses to give him full creative control when he was 24 years old without a single directing credit to his name.
>>
>>72065789
Okay, can do.

>great screenplay with fully fleshed out characters exploring timeless themes
>strong use of visual allusion to express complex ideas which would be clumsy in dialogue
>brilliant use of shadow to both disguise and dress up characters and sets
>experimental blocking, framing and editing to set the audience at ease ot strain their sense of comfort, depending
>ambitious, almost foolhardy set design, not a single area feels or looks fake
>aging makeup that still looks better than that Benjamin Button shit, characters truly age and grow as the story progresses
>motherfucking pterodactyls for no good goddamn reason at all

Seriously anon, you have to be a pleb to dislike it. The arguments against it I've heard are 'it's all dialogue' or 'there's no funny lines' (ie pleb arguments)
>>
>>72065178
You know, I saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and even though I don't think I could point out a single flaw (well except that one guy's acting when they put old makeup on him), it didn't really move me like plenty of other films have. I wasn't still thinking about it days later. I guess sometimes thinks won't click with you even if they have every right to. I'll have to watch it again sometime.
>>
>>72066064
I should. Will do, got few Welles' films waiting to be watched.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.